HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: Part **** 3-point games

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 09:24 PM
BlessThisMess513

vCash: 500
And this is why the Islanders will always be the Rangers true arch-rival. After decades of mediocrity, even the notion that the Isles can make the playoffs is enough to fuel a fire between the two fan bases.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
They have gone through stretches of not scoring but they have recently been creating a lot more offensive chances and they have been cashing them in.

There's a difference between wanting a team to win and then talking about the next game as if it were an automatic loss. Hence why I'm calling you out to put your money where your mouth is.
Great that they've been cashing in on them. How long will that last?

Every year, the players change but the up and down offense stays. Why should I believe it's finally going to be consistent?

I'm not talking about the next game as an automatic loss. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me to see them lose. This team just hasn't been consistent enough this year for me to believe they've turned a corner. They almost lost last game. They played poorly on monday.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:26 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Great that they've been cashing in on them. How long will that last?

Every year, the players change but the up and down offense stays. Why should I believe it's finally going to be consistent?

I'm not talking about the next game as an automatic loss. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me to see them lose. This team just hasn't been consistent enough this year for me to believe they've turned a corner. They almost lost last game. They played poorly on monday.
Again with the defeatist mentality.

Are you or are you not going to take the bet?

Old
04-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Again with the defeatist mentality.

Are you or are you not going to take the bet?
The defeatist mentality is based on past precedent. You're basing your feelings on a much smaller sample size

I'll take the bet, but not for small stakes like that.
Avatars, User Names and Tag until the end of the regular season.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
How dare they? We are the all mighty Rangers. Only we reserve the right to be cocky.
Did I give that impression from what I said? I don't think so, but if I did that's not what I meant. I'm saying nobody in the thick of the race (Ott,NYI,NYR,WPG,NJD,WASH) should be confident or cocky because it's all too close right now.

I'm certainly not cocky, I'm extremely nervous about every game.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:34 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
The defeatist mentality is based on past precedent. You're basing your feelings on a much smaller sample size

I'll take the bet, but not for small stakes like that.
Avatars, User Names and Tag until the end of the regular season.
No, I'm just not someone who goes on as to why the Rangers will win or lose; I don't do hypotheticals.

Ban is small stakes?

Banned for the regular season and avatar, username, tag until the end of the Rangers playoffs.

Deal?

Old
04-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
No, I'm just not someone who goes on as to why the Rangers will win or lose; I don't do hypotheticals.

Ban is small stakes?

Banned for the regular season and avatar, username, tag until the end of the Rangers playoffs.

Deal?
I'm basing my thoughts on this thing called PRECEDENT. You're basing this on 5 games. I'm basing it on 35+ every season the last couple of years. It happens every year and every season. This one hasn't been different at all.

Whats the point of changing a guys avatar username and tag if he's not gonna post. that's the idea.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:41 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
I'm basing my thoughts on this thing called PRECEDENT. You're basing this on 5 games. I'm basing it on 35+ every season the last couple of years. It happens every year and every season. This one hasn't been different at all.

Whats the point of changing a guys avatar username and tag if he's not gonna post. that's the idea.
No, I'm just not going around crying that this team is going to definitely lose. I don't know what's going to happen on Saturday but I'm not insinuating automatic loss.

Fine.

Ban all throughout the playoffs? Ban for a year? What do you want?

Old
04-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
No, I'm just not going around crying that this team is going to definitely lose. I don't know what's going to happen on Saturday but I'm not insinuating automatic loss.

Fine.

Ban all throughout the playoffs? Ban for a year? What do you want?
I'm not doing that, I'm simply looking at prior results and making a prediction based on that. Could they win? YES. Could they lose? YES. But the fact of the matter is that this team has turned NO PAGE yet. 5 games does not a season make.

Uhh no I said I get to change your avatar, user name and user tag and you have to continue to post like you normally do. That's the bet I'll take.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:44 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
I'm not doing that, I'm simply looking at prior results and making a prediction based on that. Could they win? YES. Could they lose? YES. But the fact of the matter is that this team has turned NO PAGE yet. 5 games does not a season make.

Uhh no I said I get to change your avatar, user name and user tag and you have to continue to post like you normally do. That's the bet I'll take.
Deal?

Old
04-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Deal?
Done, till the end of the regular season.

I HOPE I LOSE

Old
04-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

BTW, Brian Elliot has 3 straight shutouts and Henrik doesn't have 1...unreal.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Did I give that impression from what I said? I don't think so, but if I did that's not what I meant. I'm saying nobody in the thick of the race (Ott,NYI,NYR,WPG,NJD,WASH) should be confident or cocky because it's all too close right now.

I'm certainly not cocky, I'm extremely nervous about every game.
No one should take me seriously around here especially on a Thursday night.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
No one should take me seriously around here especially on a Thursday night.
Ah that's right you're a jokester, you changed your avatar so I didn't recognize you

Old
04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Younger Rangers fans can't handle the Isles being a good team. They've never seen it. Heck, I've hardly ever seen it. However, I kind of welcome it. I'd rather have the true rivalry with the Isles and let the Devils fade into obscurity. As long as we end up on top every time and the Isles never win any Cups, I'm fine .

Old
04-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

I simply cannot fathom how bad the Flyers have been. They are asleep on their feet. Were they hurt more by the lack of a full season than the Rangers, or do they just suck?

Old
04-11-2013, 10:30 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
I hate this argument. Those games are in the past for a reason. THEY ARE OVER. All it takes is one game to completely **** everything up. So we beat the Flyers and Hurricanes a couple times. Big deal. Any of the remaining teams the Rangers play can beat them.

AND WHO IS TO SAY THAT THE PANTHERS DON'T HAVE A MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH DURING INTERMISSION LIKE IN THE LITTLE GIANTS!!!!

One time.
and your arguement goes both ways, If they are in the past why the **** are people whining about us choking in the future ?

Old
04-11-2013, 10:32 PM
JD123

The flyers did look dead tonight. I was hoping they would show one more shred of life and beat the senators but on the ice they looked like 5 wade reddens out there.
I think the injuries, but above all the horrible goaltending led to their demise this year.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:50 PM
darko

Nice to see pretty much everything went wrong tonight.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Aufheben
Crick Nash

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I simply cannot fathom how bad the Flyers have been. They are asleep on their feet. Were they hurt more by the lack of a full season than the Rangers, or do they just suck?
I heard on the radio Mr. Universe fell asleep at a team meeting or something, haha.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:38 AM
ColonialsHockey10

After 6 years of this, nobody should expect us to get any help from other teams. It just doesn't happen.

Days like Wednesday are a gift.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:56 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I checked the scores late last night when I got home, and was like...damn... Crappy night around the league for us. That's okay though, I'd rather win my way in than back into the postseason.

It's just pain.
Old
04-12-2013, 07:59 AM
NYR2007

vCash: 50
I placed a bet with the v cash on 5 games last night went 5/5

Islanders
Senators
Washington
Montreal
Pittsburg

Old
04-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I checked the scores late last night when I got home, and was like...damn... Crappy night around the league for us. That's okay though, I'd rather win my way in than back into the postseason.
I don't really watch the standings too much anymore. So many years of the Rangers either getting no help from the teams they need it from, or teams we need to lose actually lose but then so do the Rangers. Its been maddening. I just want the Ranger's to win, control their own destiny.

Tomorrow nights game is the biggest Ranger/Islander game in a long time, something actually up for grabs between the two teams. It's gonna be a good one

Old
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Abooch68

So who do we want to win tonight? Devils or Sens. We know that regulation is a must, but with these two teams, OT is a stronger possibility than not.

Closed Thread