HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

(Article) Bryzgalov sounds off on his future in Philadelphia

Old
04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Why is the player that blurted this out to the media not a problem? I didn't say it was okay for Bryz to fall asleep in a meeting, I'm saying for it to be blown out of proportion like they are in the same league as dry island is insane.

Can you define what a good teammate is?
i agree. fine what bryz did was stupid but whoever talked to the media is a jackass. even if i were mad a bryz and i found out a teammate of mine spoke to the media about it i would be just as pissed at them. this is getting out of hand. i know there was speculation that the person who talked to the media about the dry island stuff last year was briere, if so i hope it was him again so when he's gone in a few months there's no more of this garbage.

after kimmo and simmer go out and publicly say no that never happened this comes out. what a joke of a team.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Brayden Pattison

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Amazing how this turned into an assault on the Flyers' beat writers. I'm not a fan of Seravalli or Panaccio or the like, I actually think they're quite terrible and they know nothing about hockey, but reporting on stuff like this is their job. And they haven't done anything wrong here to suggest they're lying or making something up. Our beat writers weren't even the ones who broke the story.
Miller for the Courier Post broke the "I don't care" story and TSN picked it up. Have you seen the beat writers interview Bryz? They basically needle him until he says something they can run with, and then you get a headline like: Bryzgalov on potential buyout: 'To be honest, I don't care'. That's an exact cut and paste.

Brayden Pattison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Why is the player that blurted this out to the media not a problem? I didn't say it was okay for Bryz to fall asleep in a meeting, I'm saying for it to be blown out of proportion like they are in the same league as dry island is insane.

I don't how people aren't vilifying a locker room snitch? Under no circumstances should an athlete air out the teams dirty laundry to the media. If you have a problem with it confront the guy or talk to Hartnell, Timonen, Lavi or Homer about it don't go to the media. And if you do go to the media be a man about it and put your name on those comments and accept the ramifications that come with them. If I was Homer what ever player said that would be joining Bryz on the way out the door. I couldn't have untrustworthy players playing for my hockey team.

Anyway this is the last thing I'm saying on this topic because in the end I could care less because Bryz is probably on his way out and I've been advocating for that all year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:40 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

The leak is not professional no doubt but when all is said and done the real fact of the matter is whether management and the rest of the team feel Bryz is a good teammate. I don't get the impression that he is or will stick around especially since Bryz seems like he couldn't care less. He just seems to have a very bad attitude about it all. He is definitely not a company guy which I don't have a problem with b/c talk is cheap and I'm not a fan of panderers and BS artists who BS their way to promotions etc. However, in Bryz's case he can't talk the talk nor walk the walk....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:49 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

It's possible the player who blurted this out to the media is a jerk. It's also possible he's an unsung hero. It's quite possible that all other means of recourse w/ Bryz have been exhausted. It's quite possible that they tried to handle this behind closed doors and it didn't work because Lavi is afraid to bench Bryz, Homer and Snider don't want to admit a mistake, and Bryz doesn't really care.

If that's the case, I 100% support the player going to the media. Through all of his goofball antics, terrible play, questionable quotes to the media, etc. teammates have stood by him; even attacked the media (sometimes unprovoked) for going after Bryz. Guys have been nothing but supportive saying that it wasn't Bryz's fault, etc.

When you've continued to stick up for a guy who is playing like **** and then he goes mouthing off to the media at the first sign of trouble and plays dead on the bench when the backup goalie takes his place and comes over during a break to talk, and then he falls asleep during a team meeting, you've got a VERY good reason to be ticked off. And you've got a very good reason to go to the media if nobody else is going to do anything about it.

There's too much "smoke" around the whole "Bryz is a bad teammate" thing for it not to be true IMO. Tocchet mentioned it, so did Morris, and so did Aucoin, among others. And now this comes out... and where there's smoke, there's fire.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
It's possible the player who blurted this out to the media is a jerk. It's also possible he's an unsung hero. It's quite possible that all other means of recourse w/ Bryz have been exhausted. It's quite possible that they tried to handle this behind closed doors and it didn't work because Lavi is afraid to bench Bryz, Homer and Snider don't want to admit a mistake, and Bryz doesn't really care.

If that's the case, I 100% support the player going to the media. Through all of his goofball antics, terrible play, questionable quotes to the media, etc. teammates have stood by him; even attacked the media (sometimes unprovoked) for going after Bryz. Guys have been nothing but supportive saying that it wasn't Bryz's fault, etc.

When you've continued to stick up for a guy who is playing like **** and then he goes mouthing off to the media at the first sign of trouble and plays dead on the bench when the backup goalie takes his place and comes over during a break to talk, and then he falls asleep during a team meeting, you've got a VERY good reason to be ticked off. And you've got a very good reason to go to the media if nobody else is going to do anything about it.

There's too much "smoke" around the whole "Bryz is a bad teammate" thing for it not to be true IMO. Tocchet mentioned it, so did Morris, and so did Aucoin, among others. And now this comes out... and where there's smoke, there's fire.
Mason did it.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:02 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

No it's not a very good reason. You have a problem u take care of it internally. If all this stuff is true it won't be overlooked so why go to the media?

Old
04-11-2013, 06:25 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
No it's not a very good reason. You have a problem u take care of it internally. If all this stuff is true it won't be overlooked so why go to the media?
Well remember last season when Homer said Bryz had to stop acting like he was on Comedy Central? Then a while later they tried to keep him from talking to the media but the writers went to their union or whatever it was? Seems like they had been trying to deal with it in both cases and those are just the ones we know about.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:55 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Well remember last season when Homer said Bryz had to stop acting like he was on Comedy Central? Then a while later they tried to keep him from talking to the media but the writers went to their union or whatever it was? Seems like they had been trying to deal with it in both cases and those are just the ones we know about.
They probably did try to correct some things and maybe it didn't work but what does going to the media accomplish? I also remember when the dry island stuff came out Homer was pissed, I'm sure is not happy about this either

Old
04-11-2013, 08:09 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Mason did it.

Too funny!

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:05 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Wow Bryzgalov sounded off on the reporters post game about sleep-gate....

Old
04-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Good for him!

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:15 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Wow Bryzgalov sounded off on the reporters post game about sleep-gate....
I actually agreed with him. He was pretty calm during his rant too.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Stranger Danger
the

I missed it, clip anywhere?

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:17 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I actually agreed with him. He was pretty calm during his rant too.
He sounded convincing....I'm just wondering where Seravalli got that quote from the supposed Flyer worried about retribution? Who is deep throat....????

Old
04-11-2013, 09:23 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
He sounded convincing....I'm just wondering where Seravalli got that quote from the supposed Flyer worried about retribution? Who is deep throat....????
Sam Charchidi who was one of those guys behind the whole dry island fiasco. For some reason over twitter the last two days has been defending Bryz pretty adamantly. He called the whole thing overblown.

I like how Bryz called Seravelli out without getting nasty or outing him in front of his peers.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:25 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Sam Charchidi who was one of those guys behind the whole dry island fiasco. For some reason over twitter the last two days has been defending Bryz pretty adamantly. He called the whole thing overblown.

I like how Bryz called Seravelli out without getting nasty or outing him in front of his peers.

supposedly, Giroux had a run in with Seravalli after practice.

SuchySays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
I wouldn't doubt it. Frank's been on a terrible run of reporting ever since the Stamkos thing two summers ago.

The only way I'll believe this report is if someone comes out and admits it or Bryz is let go this summer.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

I really wish there was something that could be done about the absolutely dreadful Flyers beat writers.

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:48 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

The aftermath on Twitter really seemed like an opportunity for the writers to clear their name from the fiasco. All were agreeing with Bryz and calling the situation stupid and overblown. The whole thing is a mess, and for some reason the media in this city seems completely unaccountable. Our best reporters (IMO) are bloggers and web writers (Meltzer, Isaac, Leed, Pavorsky, etc). All our TV and newspaper guys are total hacks.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Mota

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
Any details about this?

Mota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:00 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Any details about this?

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller
By the way, #Flyers captain Claude Giroux had words with the reporter who ran with Bryz sleeping in meeting after today's morning skate.

SuchySays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:06 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Any details about this?
Quote:
By the way, #Flyers captain Claude Giroux had words with the reporter who ran with Bryz sleeping in meeting after today's morning skate.
Source: Randy Miller @RandyJMiller

Obviously not any details but here's a tweet confirming it.

Edit: Didn't see the post above. This post can be deleted.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
The aftermath on Twitter really seemed like an opportunity for the writers to clear their name from the fiasco. All were agreeing with Bryz and calling the situation stupid and overblown. The whole thing is a mess, and for some reason the media in this city seems completely unaccountable. Our best reporters (IMO) are bloggers and web writers (Meltzer, Isaac, Leed, Pavorsky, etc). All our TV and newspaper guys are total hacks.
any details about the aftermath?

like did anyone rescind their original statements?

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:51 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intentional Icing View Post
any details about the aftermath?

like did anyone rescind their original statements?
by "aftermath" I just meant all the beats jumping on their twitter and telling the world what Bryz said in a sensationalist panic. No statements rescinded. I believe some jock on 97.5 broke the news, CrossingBroad ran with it (of course), and Frank Seravalli, rather than speculating on twitter like everyone else, went and looked into it, and wrote a somewhat damning piece about what possibly happened with an anonymous player source. None of the those 3 rescinded anything.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote