HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should the Flyers amnesty?

Old
04-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Embiid
Thank You Hinkie!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
And apparently he already anticipates the move. Good read on this topic including Briere's view on things and how he prepares his kids on potential changes coming up: http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...-facing-buyout
I like his attitude about it all.....total opposite from Bryz who is less professional about being confronted with a buyout by the media

Quote:
He admitted on Thursday he’s playing to remain a Flyer, and that he understands amnesty is a legitimate obstacle right now. He almost concedes it’s going to happen this summer, regardless.

“Definitely,” he said. “It’s reality. There’s no doubt about it. But at the same time, those are things I can’t control at this moment. All I can control is for me to come back into the lineup and play as good as I can, to show them. Other than that, I can’t worry about injuries or what they are going to decide to do. That’s out of my control at this point.

“It was agreed by both the players and owners. So no, I can’t complain about that. I end up being the one to pay the price. But you know what, there have been so many good things that turned in my favor over the years that I won’t complain about that.”
Quote:
There was no plan to go anywhere,” said Briere, who has a no-movement clause. “I believe in this team. I want to be [here]. I can’t control if they decide to buy me out, but this is where I want to be at this point. Kids being here (Briere has three sons), it'd be tough to go somewhere else. I want to be here and I will try everything in my power to stay here.”

Embiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I like his attitude about it all.....total opposite from Bryz who is less professional about being confronted with a buyout by the media
Sounds like he won't be waiving for a trade.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Embiid
Thank You Hinkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I'm not sure about that....if they confront him I'm sure he'll comply.....he has pride and won't want to be somewhere where he is not wanted but he knows it will be mostly for business reasons. Bryz on the other hand will get the Bryzness for being a crappy teammate from a public viewpoint at least....unclear how he really is in the locker room but he seems like a lone wolf type..marches to the beat of his own drummer in a crappy attitude way.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:45 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
As much as I wish he would waive it if a team came calling the Flyers about him. I can't really blame him for not doing so he's looking out for himself which most fans would do too if they were in that position whether they would like to admit it or not. Would it be nice if he did the Flyers a solid sure, but he doesn't owe it to them to do so.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
As much as I wish he would waive it if a team came calling the Flyers about him. I can't really blame him for not doing so he's looking out for himself which most fans would do too if they were in that position whether they would like to admit it or not.
Agreed. That chance came and went when he was injured at the deadline. An extra shot at the cup might have been enough to get him to leave some money on the table, but at this point, he really has no reason to waive his NMC.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
yea i got that feeling aswell..

sounds like hes gunna force that NMC down managements throat..

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Homer would be stupid not to accept any trade offer for Briere. If a team comes knocking with a decent offer, you do all you can to make sure Briere waives his NMC
Briere has absolutely no incentive to waive his NMC, though. He can just accept the giant amnesty buyout paycheck, then sign with whomever he wants in the offseason.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
Briere has absolutely no incentive to waive his NMC, though. He can just accept the giant amnesty buyout paycheck, then sign with whomever he wants in the offseason.
It's actually not all that giant by NHL standards (by you or I winning the lottery standards, yes!). It was in one of the papers. Due $3MM then $2MM over the next two years. Buy out is $3.3 million, spread out over 4 years. That will barely cover his alimony.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
You are right. But Frodo has to go one way or another this season.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Embiid
Thank You Hinkie!

I think Briere definitely goes.....Flyers may stick with Bryz for another year and just hope that Mason can push Bryz or eventually take over if he gets back his rookie year mojo.

Old
04-13-2013, 07:58 AM
RoDu

def amnesty Briere, I guess give Bryz one last shot then he gets the ax if he falters again, Mez is deserving but he has to be healthy, but his contract is now short term is it not?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
It's actually not all that giant by NHL standards (by you or I winning the lottery standards, yes!). It was in one of the papers. Due $3MM then $2MM over the next two years. Buy out is $3.3 million, spread out over 4 years. That will barely cover his alimony.
That's the same amount as the remainder of his contract. If he gets bought out, he gets the money he would have gotten anyway plus the money from any additional contract he signs. Or he just retire after the amnesty buyout, and just chill with his kids.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote