HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo wins the draft lottery

View Poll Results: What to do if #1 overall
Pick Seth 24 25.00%
Pick Mac 60 62.50%
Pick Drouin 9 9.38%
Trade down within top 5 3 3.13%
Trade down outside top 5 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2013, 10:52 PM
  #1
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 7,166
vCash: 500
Buffalo wins the draft lottery

What does Buffalo do?

Do they pick someone like Seth, Mac or Drouin?

Do they listen to offers of teams in the top 5?

Do they trade outside the top 5?

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:53 PM
  #2
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,073
vCash: 500
Yes, no, no

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:55 PM
  #3
boots electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 50
Pick Seth and smile big

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:56 PM
  #4
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 500
I would trade down to 3, grab some more assets/futures and pick whichever one of the big 3 is left

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:01 PM
  #5
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
I would trade down to 3, grab some more assets/futures and pick whichever one of the big 3 is left
We have plenty of future assets... If they traded out of #1 every scout and front office person should be fired. In the franchises biggest moment, letti g another GM decide who you get is beyond idiotic.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:05 PM
  #6
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
We have plenty of future assets... If they traded out of #1 every scout and front office person should be fired. In the franchises biggest moment, letti g another GM decide who you get is beyond idiotic.
I feel those 3 are pretty even and I honestly don't know who I would pick. We could probably pick up another 1st or top prospect in the trade as well

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #7
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,079
vCash: 500
Awards:
Take MacKinnon and smile.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:09 PM
  #8
sjci
Registered User
 
sjci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,137
vCash: 172
If the Sabres won, and Colorado had the #2 pick, I'd see if they'd want to swap for a 2nd or 3rd and let them select Jones and we would select MacKinnon. If they wouldn't bite on that, I'd still take MacKinnon

sjci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:10 PM
  #9
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 36,018
vCash: 500
Correct me if I'm wrong on how the lottery works..


Its just for the first pick. So after the lottery and the top pick is decided. They fill in behind that pick based on the normal process of the team's record and place they finished.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:11 PM
  #10
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
If the Sabres won, and Colorado had the #2 pick, I'd see if they'd want to swap for a 2nd or 3rd and let them select Jones and we would select MacKinnon. If they wouldn't bite on that, I'd still take MacKinnon
I bet we could get a 2nd+one of their best prospects

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:17 PM
  #11
sjci
Registered User
 
sjci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,137
vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong on how the lottery works..


Its just for the first pick. So after the lottery and the top pick is decided. They fill in behind that pick based on the normal process of the team's record and place they finished.
correct

sjci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:18 PM
  #12
Royisgone
Registered User
 
Royisgone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
It all hinges on which of the Big 3 has the greatest chance to become a superstar. If they are all perceived to be equal, some kind of deal which sees us retain a top 3 pick while adding something else large, like another first rounder, would be interesting.

I wouldn't want to trade down outside of the top 3 though.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:20 PM
  #13
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
I feel those 3 are pretty even and I honestly don't know who I would pick. We could probably pick up another 1st or top prospect in the trade as well
That's fine, I personally have a similar view... But if those leading the franchise aren't capable of deciding which guy they want with the most important pick in decades... They should be tarred and feathered

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:21 PM
  #14
boots electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 50
Nate over Seth is insanity to me. Jones is the consensus #1 pick amongst basically every scout going, is he not? Or have things changed that much in the matter of a month or so?

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:23 PM
  #15
Royisgone
Registered User
 
Royisgone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
That's fine, I personally have a similar view... But if those leading the franchise aren't capable of deciding which guy they want with the most important pick in decades... They should be tarred and feathered
They should be tarred and feathered anyway, for 1,000 other reasons.


Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:24 PM
  #16
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster
 
Connor McDavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 12,392
vCash: 50
Mac or Drou, unless Pittsburgh wants to move Malkin

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:37 PM
  #17
dotcommunism
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
We have plenty of future assets... If they traded out of #1 every scout and front office person should be fired. In the franchises biggest moment, letti g another GM decide who you get is beyond idiotic.
That's one of the big reasons I don't understand why so many people want Rick Dudley to be the GM

dotcommunism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:59 PM
  #18
clumping platelets
Registered User
 
clumping platelets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clumptowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Take Seth

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:20 AM
  #19
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 10,623
vCash: 500
Easy choice. Take Mac.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:50 AM
  #20
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
Nate over Seth is insanity to me. Jones is the consensus #1 pick amongst basically every scout going, is he not? Or have things changed that much in the matter of a month or so?
Two words.

Eric Johnson.

Projecting elite defensive prospects isn't as full-proof elite forward prospects. There's a reason why defensemen just don't go #1 overall much, and the last two that did (Phillips and Johnson) ended up being "busts". They ended up being solid 3-4 defenseman, but when you look at the forwards (Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Tavares, Kovalchuk, Kane, Hall) they're all elite level franchise players (jury on Yakupov/RNH still out).

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:51 AM
  #21
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,574
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
I guess I'll be the first "take Drouin" guy

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:52 AM
  #22
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 500
Drouin: 2.14 PPG I cant pass that up

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:00 AM
  #23
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,219
vCash: 500
Yeah I'll take Drouin.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:02 AM
  #24
boots electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Two words.

Eric Johnson.

Projecting elite defensive prospects isn't as full-proof elite forward prospects. There's a reason why defensemen just don't go #1 overall much, and the last two that did (Phillips and Johnson) ended up being "busts". They ended up being solid 3-4 defenseman, but when you look at the forwards (Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Tavares, Kovalchuk, Kane, Hall) they're all elite level franchise players (jury on Yakupov/RNH still out).
Jones is considered to be way ahead of the curve compared to Johnson and others. Like...WAY ahead of the curve...the sort of defensive prospect that only comes along once every couple decades.

You need to pull the trigger on that, it would be foolish not to

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:09 AM
  #25
omglolnub
Registered User
 
omglolnub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
This is like choosing a starter in Pokemon Red/Blue, lol

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.