HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eberle or Yak - Which one do you trade?

View Poll Results: Who would you trade Eberle or Yak?
Trade Eberle 156 82.54%
Trade Yak 33 17.46%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
  #26
Up the Irons
Registered User
 
Up the Irons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 480
Not that desperate yet. Dont want to go there till at least this time next year. For now, hemsky, gagner, 2 first round picks, and even klefbom. But neither ebs or Yak.


Last edited by Up the Irons: 04-11-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:47 PM
  #27
Distinct
Registered User
 
Distinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
How was I defensive?

Yakupov can't replace Eberle on the top line right now, If he can then who replaces Yakupov on the second line? Don't tell me Hemsky, Hemsky has played like **** for the most part of the season.
Meh, I'd rather have Hemsky and say a shattenkirk/ Letang vs Eberle and potter/whitey

Distinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:47 PM
  #28
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,269
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
How was I defensive?

Yakupov can't replace Eberle on the top line right now, If he can then who replaces Yakupov on the second line? Don't tell me Hemsky, Hemsky has played like **** for the most part of the season.

Can't Gagner play right wing?

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:48 PM
  #29
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,498
vCash: 500
Eberle obviously but they'll be our RW's for the next decade.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:49 PM
  #30
nabob
Hall for captain
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,035
vCash: 500
Hemsky then Smyth then Horcoff then N Schultz then any prospect besides Klefbom or Marincin then any pick brsides this years 1st then Gagner then Paajarvi.

No point in mentioning any if the junk because they are worthless and would only return more junk.

I wouldn't trade any of Hall, Nuge, Yak or Eberle (in that order) for anything less than Pietrangelo or Doughty.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:51 PM
  #31
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
Meh, I'd rather have Hemsky and say a shattenkirk/ Letang vs Eberle and potter/whitey
If it's Letang then I would definitely think hard about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Can't Gagner play right wing?
Then who plays 2nd line center? That's the problem with this team, We have no depth at all. I just don't think that we need to trade any of them right now.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:51 PM
  #32
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
How was I defensive?

Yakupov can't replace Eberle on the top line right now, If he can then who replaces Yakupov on the second line? Don't tell me Hemsky, Hemsky has played like **** for the most part of the season.
I would want the Oilers to go after Horton.

What about MacDonagh, they just recently picked up Moore so they are actually pretty deep at the dman position.

Do you think it would be straight across deal or would one team add.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:52 PM
  #33
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,269
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
If it's Letang then I would definitely think hard about it.



Then who plays 2nd line center
? That's the problem with this team, We have no depth at all. I just don't think that we need to trade any of them right now.


Sean Monahan?


Duh!

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:54 PM
  #34
pSlayer*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Eberle because he sucks more than Yakupov

pSlayer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:56 PM
  #35
Slicknitty
"80,000 peoples"
 
Slicknitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,444
vCash: 50
Neither

Don't say such awful things

Slicknitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:56 PM
  #36
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would want the Oilers to go after Horton.

What about MacDonagh, they just recently picked up Moore so they are actually pretty deep at the dman position.

Do you think it would be straight across deal or would one team add.
I want Horton too and I hope he would come here, If I can recall he can play both RW and LW? When I watched a few Panthers and Bruins games the last few years I thought I saw him play a little of both but mostly RW.

I think its a fair trade value wise across but most Ranger fans would say no and us add, and I don't blame him, McDonagh is a stud. I just think it would be a bad time for us to trade them right now. If we have to in the future then let it wait, They both will probably have more value then. I still think Eberle will rebound and have a good year next year.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:57 PM
  #37
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
A defensive core of:
McDonagh; J.Schultz
Smid; Petry
Klefbom; N.Schultz

Would look a lot better.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:59 PM
  #38
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Sean Monahan?


Duh!
Maybe in the future but not next year. Cannot afford another 18 year old on the team but It wouldn't surprise me since its Tambo we are talking about.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:59 PM
  #39
Perfect_Drug
Registered User
 
Perfect_Drug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 500
I voted Eberle, but I'd prefer neither.

Yak is a hair under RNH in terms of what he will likely bring to our team in terms of potential production.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:59 PM
  #40
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
I want Horton too and I hope he would come here, If I can recall he can play both RW and LW? When I watched a few Panthers and Bruins games the last few years I thought I saw him play a little of both but mostly RW.

I think its a fair trade value wise across but most Ranger fans would say no and us add, and I don't blame him, McDonagh is a stud. I just think it would be a bad time for us to trade them right now. If we have to in the future then let it wait, They both will probably have more value then. I still think Eberle will rebound and have a good year next year.
I do think Eberle will rebound also. Trading one of them has nothing to do with that, it is about adding that top end dman and then getting some size in the top 6. That is why I picked Eberle and Yak. I think that we can replace a 2nd line RW easier than getting a top pairing dman.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:00 PM
  #41
Distinct
Registered User
 
Distinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
I want Horton too and I hope he would come here, If I can recall he can play both RW and LW? When I watched a few Panthers and Bruins games the last few years I thought I saw him play a little of both but mostly RW.

I think its a fair trade value wise across but most Ranger fans would say no and us add, and I don't blame him, McDonagh is a stud. I just think it would be a bad time for us to trade them right now. If we have to in the future then let it wait, They both will probably have more value then. I still think Eberle will rebound and have a good year next year.
Speaking of McDonagh, where's our Gomez that we can trade for him

Distinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:01 PM
  #42
OilDrop37
Registered User
 
OilDrop37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Up North
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,000
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
Speaking of McDonagh, where's our Gomez that we can trade for him
Horcoff, Smyth, Jones, Potter....pick one.

OilDrop37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:02 PM
  #43
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 500
Eberle in a heartbeat if it was between those two...

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:04 PM
  #44
Distinct
Registered User
 
Distinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Horcoff, Smyth, Jones, Potter....pick one.
So Smyth, Jones and Potter. That might be an overpayment though...

Distinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:04 PM
  #45
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
It is just a simple question, not saying it is going to happen, gee guys stop taking things so serious.
Here's a simple answer to your simple question. Neither.

Trade Hemsky is the answer. If you trade Eberle or Yak, the RW depth is crap.
Tambellini can attempt to bring in a top pairing defenseman through other means.
I know that some posters have given up on Eberle already. I'll choose not to give up on a great young player who is just going through a rough stretch.

Admittedly, one of them might have to be dealt at some point several years down the line. Now is not that time.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:04 PM
  #46
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
If Eberle was on pace to put up 70 points in an 82 game season would people feel different?

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:05 PM
  #47
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
Speaking of McDonagh, where's our Gomez that we can trade for him
I would even give an upgrade and give them Horc or even Hemsky.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:07 PM
  #48
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Here's a simple answer to your simple question. Neither.

Trade Hemsky is the answer. If you trade Eberle or Yak, the RW depth is crap.
Tambellini can attempt to bring in a top pairing defenseman through other means.
I know that some posters have given up on Eberle already. I'll choose not to give up on a great young player who is just going through a rough stretch.

Admittedly, one of them might have to be dealt at some point several years down the line. Now is not that time.
Would this team be better with Eberle and Yak or McDonnagh and Yak?

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #49
millpoo
Registered User
 
millpoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ST. A
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I would say neither, but the lack of plugs and Eberle's being fat, lazy and having peaked, leads me to want to trade him. Yakupov seems like he'll be one of those guys that can create offense and generate energy himself, plus he has a bit of a game breaking quality.

Though, Yak is Russian, so yeah.
Care to elaborate on this?

millpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:10 PM
  #50
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I do think Eberle will rebound also. Trading one of them has nothing to do with that, it is about adding that top end dman and then getting some size in the top 6. That is why I picked Eberle and Yak. I think that we can replace a 2nd line RW easier than getting a top pairing dman.
In my honest opinion size isn't as huge as an issue in the future than it is now. Yak and Hall play big games and will get bigger in the coming years. Hall seems to be developing a mean streak too which is nice to see and Yak doesn't take anything from anyone and can hit like a truck (remember that beauty of a hit on Daniel Sedin?). Ideally we get and a big center this draft and let him develop a bit and we keep Gagner till he can step in and contribute, He would be on a cheap contract too. Our bottom six needs tons of work though, Too many crappy players there that play like kittens.

Whats wrong with having a top 4 of solid players like Vancouver and keeping our top 6? Edler-Garrison and Hamhuis and Bieksa is solid no really true number 1 there although Edler can make a strong case.

In the future if everything pans out

Klefbom-J Schultz
Smid-Petry

is a solid group. Ugh I can't believe I mentioned Vancouver there.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.