HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Article) Bryzgalov sounds off on his future in Philadelphia

Old
04-12-2013, 12:03 AM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
by "aftermath" I just meant all the beats jumping on their twitter and telling the world what Bryz said in a sensationalist panic. No statements rescinded. I believe some jock on 97.5 broke the news, CrossingBroad ran with it (of course), and Frank Seravalli, rather than speculating on twitter like everyone else, went and looked into it, and wrote a somewhat damning piece about what possibly happened with an anonymous player source. None of the those 3 rescinded anything.
They're all taking subliminal shots at each other on twitter now.

That guy from Crossing Broad has gone full retart on twitter now trying claim this story is true. He claims Giroux and Frank were talking about lunch not the Bryz story earlier. I have no idea why anyone would want to have lunch with Seravelli let alone Giroux?

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:13 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

This whole Sleep-Gate is Fishy Fishy........

I just want to know Seravalli's source otherwise it's going to difficult to believe anybody...that quote came from somewhere. It sounded legit and so did Bryz ..dunno??

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:23 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
This whole Sleep-Gate is Fishy Fishy........

I just want to know Seravalli's source otherwise it's going to difficult to believe anybody...that quote came from somewhere. It sounded legit and so did Bryz ..dunno??
They're not going to because they're more than likely making the story up.

Dustin Leed said Carcillo was the rumored snitch last time around with Dry Island thing. So I guess that Briere speculation some were saying on here earlier might not be true.

The only guys on the team now back then are:
Briere
Hartnell
Timonen
Giroux
Coburn
Shelley
Mez

I don't really see any of those guys outing somebody like that so I would assume its a new guy if this report is true.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:30 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Any links to Bryz's postgame? Why would Giroux have words with Frank if the team hated him? Why would Bryz give the writers **** if he didn't care? It's confusing. It's a ****ing soap opera, is what it is.

04-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Brayden Pattison

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...m_meeting.html
Quote:
After practice on Monday, coach Peter Laviolette notified both Mason and Bryzgalov of his plans to start Mason.

At that point, multiple players confirmed Bryzgalov closed his eyes during the team's brief meeting that followed him being notified.
It's not just one snitch.

Brayden Pattison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:51 AM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

At first I wanted the Devils to be in a Winter Classic, but now I dont. Everyone knew Bryz was a goofy guy but 24/7 definitely made things worse. Reporters are always looking for new material, which causes senseless distractions

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:08 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
At first I wanted the Devils to be in a Winter Classic, but now I dont. Everyone knew Bryz was a goofy guy but 24/7 definitely made things worse. Reporters are always looking for new material, which causes senseless distractions
It wasn't really that, not completely at least. Couple that with the clowns asking Bryz questions after each game, that's where it becomes an issue. These beats are pretty much grown men with the attitudes of 8-year olds. If they get bored, or not enough is happening in their opinion, then they decide to go ask Bryz questions and get an odd answer or a rise out of him so they can flock to twitter and spread the word that the Philly goaltender is once again off his hinges.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:12 AM
Brayden Pattison

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
No, you definitely do. The alumni game alone is worth it, not to mention the Classic itself. Plus, it would be awesome to see the league's premiere non-playoff game played on a frozen parking lot(sorry, couldn't resist).

Brayden Pattison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:31 AM

We may as well buy out Bryzgalov, trade Mason and run with some league-minimum goalies. There isn't a goalie in the world that's going to get a shutout every night, and that is what we need to be able to win games right now.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Any links to Bryz's postgame? Why would Giroux have words with Frank if the team hated him? Why would Bryz give the writers **** if he didn't care? It's confusing. It's a ****ing soap opera, is what it is.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:36 PM
G Money

bryz telling reporters they have to do their jobs better

i think he should take his own advice

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:40 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
bryz telling reporters they have to do their jobs better

i think he should take his own advice
Not really, he couldn't be more correct.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:45 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I agree with Bryz on this one. These writers are a joke. Tim P. was the undisputed chief idiot for a while, but now Randy Miller, Seravalli and Carchidi are all steeping up to take his title.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

Good on Bryz.

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:12 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
I love his face at "Like what..?"

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
When you've continued to stick up for a guy who is playing like **** and then he goes mouthing off to the media at the first sign of trouble and plays dead on the bench when the backup goalie takes his place and comes over during a break to talk, and then he falls asleep during a team meeting, you've got a VERY good reason to be ticked off. And you've got a very good reason to go to the media if nobody else is going to do anything about it.

There's too much "smoke" around the whole "Bryz is a bad teammate" thing for it not to be true IMO. Tocchet mentioned it, so did Morris, and so did Aucoin, among others. And now this comes out... and where there's smoke, there's fire.
So the fact that his teammates go out of the way to defend him means he really must be a bad teammate? ok? And he didn't look ecstatic sitting on the bench as opposed to playing, makes him a bad teammate? ****ing really man? The media rides his ass every chance they get, knowing they can get a good sound bite every time. He got tired of it, and the media went over his head, and MADE him talk basically. Remember Eric Lindros and Joey Merlino? LOL. That's all I have to say about the philly media. And we wonder why we can't seem to get a good goalie........

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub

I think Bryz has struggled a lot in Philadelphia, and I think he could of saved some games this year to have us in the playoffs but knowing the sport and being rational instead of just fingering point like we are all two years old, I also see this:

In a perfect world, if we had what we signed up for:

Pronger--Coburn
Timonen--Schenn
Grossman--Meszaros

Instead of:

Timonen--Gervais
Schenn--Lauridsen
Gustafsson--Huskins

We are not having this conversation.

There is intense pressure to play in this city + 4 AHL Blue Liners + Beat Writers who aren't capable of analyzing hockey but watching TMZ on how to report creates a mixture of disaster.

I think this was a fluke season, I do not think from a business stand point Bryz gets brought out and I see Mason being here next year as well getting quite a few games during the regular season and we go from there.

The obsession as if Bryz was the only fault of this team is beyond out of control.

Razor the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

That guy from Crossing Broad has gone full retart on twitter now trying claim this story is true. He claims Giroux and Frank were talking about lunch not the Bryz story earlier. I have no idea why anyone would want to have lunch with Seravelli let alone Giroux?
I am glad Bryz spoke his mind. Seravelli is nothing but a joke, who is a TimmyP. wannabe. Some of the Flyer beat writers are like a bunch of kids trying to outdo each other. They should just stick to writing about the game of hockey instead of making up storys in order to sell newspapers. God I cannot stand today's media. Just a bunch of frigging gossip columnists!

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 03:58 PM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

Bryzgalov fires back at media for recent allegations

Ilya Bryzgalov is back in the spotlight; this time as the Philadelphia Flyers goalie fired back at reporters for recent accusations on Thursday.

Asked about reports that he fell asleep during a recent team meeting, Bryzgalov denied the allegations before tearing into the media during a scrum.

"That's embarrassing," the 32-year-old responded. "You have to prove your sources. You became (unprofessional) journalists."

You have to be better. Step up guys. Prove your information. Find reliable sources."

Bryzgalov was asked the question after the Flyers' 3-1 loss to the Ottawa Senators Thursday night. The defeat was the Flyers' third straight loss and the latest episode in a season to forget for Philadelphia, who sit 12th in the Eastern Conference Standings with a 17-20-3 record.

The former second-round draft pick has been under fire lately for past comments to the media. Asked earlier this week about buyout rumours, he said he didn't care whether he stayed in Philadelphia or not.

Bryzgalov is in the second year of a nine-year, $51 million contract.

RinaldoZac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Mota

Quote:
They're not going to because they're more than likely making the story up.

Dustin Leed said Carcillo was the rumored snitch last time around with Dry Island thing. So I guess that Briere speculation some were saying on here earlier might not be true.

The only guys on the team now back then are:
Briere
Hartnell
Timonen
Giroux
Coburn
Shelley
Mez

I don't really see any of those guys outing somebody like that so I would assume its a new guy if this report is true.
Take this for what it is worth...but I know someone who had a connection to the Briere family and remember them telling me that apparently Briere was not a fan of Bryz, and was not a fan of Carter either when he was here.

Again, not saying its true or that I even believe it...but it does kind of make sense. Briere was here for the Dry Island leak and this...and for some reason seems to be one of the favorites among the media. It would not surprise me if he was the leak, if there is one at all.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:32 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Here's the same interview but this video also has an interview with Lavi about Sleep-Gate. Lavi's reaction is priceless. He literally looks like he's about to snap on one of them.

Old
04-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Breeze 44

Lets face it , the media here is a joke and half the fanbase is as well (I'm being generous). No goalie will ever be good enough here as EVERY and I mean EVERY goal is dissected down to with side the guys Johnson was hanging on when trying to ATTEMPT to make a save all the while the defense opens an E-Z pass aisle straight down the middle. Pelle Lindbergh got off easy because trust me most of you mindless (can't even skate) so-called fans would have ran him out of town. We've had goalies who finished with under 2.00 GAA that came with-in a game of getting us to the Stanley Cup that wasn't good enough...get rid of him because a guy in the minors won the Calder Cup. Neil Little won a Calder Cup...how'd that work out for him? I don't believe this story at all and find it hilarious that 97.5's Mike (I wanna be Lebron) Missanelli is ticked off and defending his boy that supposedly broke (made-up) this story.
At this point I hope they do buy out Bryz just for his own sanity and because no matter what he does he can't win here.

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Take this for what it is worth...but I know someone who had a connection to the Briere family and remember them telling me that apparently Briere was not a fan of Bryz, and was not a fan of Carter either when he was here.

Again, not saying its true or that I even believe it...but it does kind of make sense. Briere was here for the Dry Island leak and this...and for some reason seems to be one of the favorites among the media. It would not surprise me if he was the leak, if there is one at all.
No, you don't know anyone with any kind of connection to the Briere family. No one told you Briere doesnt like Bryz, and didn't like Carter.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Krishna

Quote:

If the guy on crossing broad is writing a story about a player that hasn't been confirmed, it's most likely false. That's probably the poorest written " sports blog" in the city.. He thinks he is TMZ for the flyers. He was okay when he started the thing but has just gone downhill and he needs to have any press credentials, if he even has any, rescinded

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:59 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

I like how long Laviolette waits to even respond to Panotch. Like are you ****ing kidding me?

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote