HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Man, you are so sensational. His career numbers are above league average and he has 4 workable pitches. Colletti could have traded him a long time ago but he said he wanted injuries to work themselves out. Now he ended up with three pitchers who were angry and needing to be traded in season. The Rockies will get a B level prospect for him. The league will not be colluding against them.
For what he makes, he is not a good pitcher. Never has been since Dusty Baker destroyed his arm.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...451&position=P

6.56 K/9 and 4.26 BB/9 is laughably bad. The guy was so damn lucky last year, as evidenced by his 3.61/4.14/4.95 ERA/FIP/xFIP splits.

Don't you think the Dodgers would have traded him straight up for a B-level prospect if there are teams out there offering B-level prospects for Harang? They need prospects more than they need a 37-year-old Ramon Hernandez (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...918&position=C -- 2012 yikes).

Old
04-07-2013, 11:45 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
For what he makes, he is not a good pitcher. Never has been since Dusty Baker destroyed his arm.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...451&position=P

6.56 K/9 and 4.26 BB/9 is laughably bad. The guy was so damn lucky last year, as evidenced by his 3.61/4.14/4.95 ERA/FIP/xFIP splits.

Don't you think the Dodgers would have traded him straight up for a B-level prospect if there are teams out there offering B-level prospects for Harang? They need prospects more than they need a 37-year-old Ramon Hernandez (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...918&position=C -- 2012 yikes).
They don't need Ramon Hernandez. They were just cleaning house of salary and discruntled players. Ned said in the league didn't make it easy on him. I assume this means that MLB knew their situation and didn't want to help the Dodgers out of a jam. That's why I made the league colluding comment. 6 or 7 pitchers like Harang get traded a year and it's not salary dumps. Colorado traded for him in order to flip him. That's what every analyst is saying.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
They don't need Ramon Hernandez. They were just cleaning house of salary and discruntled players. Ned said in the league didn't make it easy on him. I assume this means that MLB knew their situation and didn't want to help the Dodgers out of a jam. That's why I made the league colluding comment. 6 or 7 pitchers like Harang get traded a year and it's not salary dumps. Colorado traded for him in order to flip him. That's what every analyst is saying.
Which is exactly what I said:

Quote:
...the Rockies DFA'd Harang immediately after the trade and are looking to trade him themselves...
That's just silly if you believe teams were colluding against the Dodgers. According you, Harang has B-level-prospect value, but teams that would actually need Harang aren't going to trade for him just to stick it to the Dodgers? I'm sure the 29 other teams are more worried about themselves than forcing the Dodgers to get nothing for a bad pitcher.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Hell yeah. Clippers sweep season series against LAL. One crosstown rival down, one to go. Beat the Ducks!

Old
04-07-2013, 06:59 PM
no name

Quote:

That's just silly if you believe teams were colluding against the Dodgers. According you, Harang has B-level-prospect value, but teams that would actually need Harang aren't going to trade for him just to stick it to the Dodgers? I'm sure the 29 other teams are more worried about themselves than forcing the Dodgers to get nothing for a bad pitcher.
That's what Buster Olney is saying. Ned's comment kind of backs his opinion.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:43 PM
no name

Dodgers paid 80% of Harang's salary in sending him to Colorado. Dodgers took on salary in the proccess. this is one of the worst asset managements I've seen since the Dodgers sold Carlos Santana.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:55 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

There are a handful of teams eager to trade with Colorado for Harang. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...in-harang.html

It's definitely collusion if those same teams were hanging up the phone on L.A. previously.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

2 of Boston's trash are carrying this team offensively.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Reclamation Project
User Lacks Class

vCash: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
2 of Boston's trash are carrying this team offensively.
Haha, yeah. Crawford's playing great!

Old
04-11-2013, 11:14 PM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

lol The fighting in the Dodgers game.

Greinke hurt as a result.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quentin is a piece of **** and deserves to be suspended a long time for that. It was a 3-2 pitch in a one-run game. Why would Greinke possibly intentionally hit Quentin there?

Old
04-11-2013, 11:27 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
lol The fighting in the Dodgers game.

Greinke hurt as a result.
Was he hurt? How can you tell?

Old
04-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Was he hurt? How can you tell?
He was taken off the field by the team trainer before they even started ejecting people.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:41 PM
no name

Quote:
He was taken off the field by the team trainer before they even started ejecting people.
SD did the same with Quinton.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:50 PM
no name

Looks like a broken nose for ZG to me. He came out of the scrum with a bloody nose. They didn't seem to be showing any attention to his arm or anything. I've tried to get several views of it and MLB Network doesn't seem to be talking about any possible injuries and they were discussing every aspect of the game for 20 minutes. I'm holding my breath.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Dawdler

Quote:
SD did the same with Quinton.
Capuano was allowed to throw as many pitches as he needed, so there was an injury.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
Capuano was allowed to throw as many pitches as he needed, so there was an injury.
That rule doesn't only apply to injuries, apparently. The rule actually only says "sudden emergency."

Old
04-11-2013, 11:57 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
ZG was ejected

Old
04-11-2013, 11:58 PM
no name

Quote:
That rule doesn't only apply to injuries, apparently. The rule actually only says "sudden emergency."
Correct. When a player is ejected the umps always give the pitcher time to warm up. There is too much liability to send a pitcher in cold. Begging for injuries.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
ZG was ejected
Now it looks like Greinke was not ejected. He's listed as leaving with a left shoulder injury on ESPN.com's box score and on Dodgers.com.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:17 AM
no name

Quote:
Now it looks like Greinke was not ejected. He's listed as leaving with a left shoulder injury on ESPN.com's box score and on Dodgers.com.
MLB.com has him officialy announced as ejected. In fact, the reason Kemp was ejected was because he was pissed that ZG was ejected. He kept mouthing SD and the umps. Vin Skully did a good job reading his lips.

If ZG is in fcat injured, I believe it's the nose or the Dodgers pulled him for precautionary reasosns. In no view did I see them looking at the arm or anything important.

Im cautiously optimistic.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:18 AM
no name

Boy, the Angels are terrible. The pitching is pathetic from every SP all the way to the RP. Even the bats have started very average.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Greinke had to leave the game with an apparent left shoulder injury suffered in the melee.
http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...ews_la&c_id=la

Old
04-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
MLB.com has him officialy announced as ejected. In fact, the reason Kemp was ejected was because he was pissed that ZG was ejected. He kept mouthing SD and the umps. Vin Skully did a good job reading his lips.

If ZG is in fcat injured, I believe it's the nose or the Dodgers pulled him for precautionary reasosns. In no view did I see them looking at the arm or anything important.

Im cautiously optimistic.
He was trying to rotate his left shoulder right before the trainer took him off. I was worried about it at first since that was the shoulder he lowered when Quentin charged.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:26 AM
no name

Quote:
He was trying to rotate his left shoulder right before the trainer took him off. I was worried about it at first since that was the shoulder he lowered when Quentin charged.
Why on earth would Zack go shoulder to shoulder with a guy who has a full head of steam and 35 pounds on him? I'm also pretty pissed off the the Dodgers infielders. Ellis didn't even start jogging to the melee until Quinton was just about to collide. Can anyone remember a time when a catcher made no attempt to even step in front of a scenerio like this? At least Adrian had started stepping closer to Zack and was in action when Quinton charged.

Closed Thread