HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Tool... The Best Concert EVER!!!! WOW

Old
08-25-2006, 10:28 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I went and saw Nine Inch Nails when I was in Australia for school. It was unreal. Trent Reznor is one hell of a showman. I even got a bootlegged copy of the concert and I still got that same shiver down my back when he started up with Terrible Lie.

As for the band I'd love to see live, I actually have a list.

Smashing Pumpkins
Offspring (if only for posterity's sake)
Tool
Godsmack
Billy Talent
Oasis

There are a couple more. I'm just not much for going to concerts because they're so expensive, and have passed on many of the above because of that.

Has anyone seen Sloan live? They're a wicked small-venue band, and put on a great show, get the audience involved. If they're ever in town, tickets are never more than like $20. Garbage is another band that puts on a show, but they're on "indefinite hiatus" at the moment. I got to see their second or third-last concert, and it was unreal.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindedbyfear View Post

I like 10,000 Days better than Lateralus by far. Neither are as good as Aenima or Undertow. I don't compare Opiate to any of them. It's from a different time and place. Like looking at an Ultrasound. They're still the best band on the planet. With the possible exception of Opeth.

So, shows I've seen that relate to MJK.
Opeth is my second favorite band after Tool ... They are absolutely fantastic Live. Phenomenal talent in that band. I'm pretty sure you saw them live and can testify to their awesomness ehe.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 10:53 PM
blindedbyfear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Opeth is my second favorite band after Tool ... They are absolutely fantastic Live. Phenomenal talent in that band. I'm pretty sure you saw them live and can testify to their awesomness ehe.
I have seen them many times. I actually saw them the first time they played at the Milwaukee Metalfest and I have a really cool picture of myself and a bunch of friends holding beers up with Mikael. And they're amazing live.

Slightly off-topic, since you're from the Montreal area, have you ever head of Quo Vadis? If you have, what do you think of them?

blindedbyfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

sorry , can't believe that I have. I presume they are from the area?
Death metal?

A homebrewd band which I constantly plug is The Dears... everyone buy their albums

Old
08-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Schooner Guy

Would love to see Tom Petty in concert.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 11:48 PM
blindedbyfear

Quote:
sorry , can't believe that I have. I presume they are from the area?
Death metal?

A homebrewd band which I constantly plug is The Dears... everyone buy their albums
I know they're from Quebec. And I'm 99.9% certain they're from somewhere in the Montreal area. I know the mailing address on their website is Montreal. And they are death metal. But very progressive death metal.

Their website is: http://www.quovadis.qc.ca/

The Dears. I'll check them out and keep an open mind.

blindedbyfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2006, 01:38 AM
Toro

i seen them with Alice and Chains at lallapolooza.

They were on the second stage and were amazing.

Have fun

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindedbyfear View Post
I know they're from Quebec. And I'm 99.9% certain they're from somewhere in the Montreal area. I know the mailing address on their website is Montreal. And they are death metal. But very progressive death metal.

Their website is: http://www.quovadis.qc.ca/

The Dears. I'll check them out and keep an open mind.
Word of advice, the dears are nothing like any of the previous bands mentionned here besides the fact that they are superbe live.

I'll check Quovadis out. thanks for the heads up.

Old
08-26-2006, 11:18 AM
KingJarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CUBE View Post
They are emy favorite band and I'm going to see them tonight at the sattledome in Calgary. I really can't wait.

I've never seen them Live and apparently they really kick some but.

Anyone else everseem them live?

What would be the 1 band you would like to see live? Tool is mine, who would yours be?
Corrections: First, it's the Calgary SADDLEDOME. Second, "kick some but" ends an incomplete sentence due to the misspelling of "but". I believe you mean "butt"?
Thirdly, "everseem", and "emy"?
I guess if you're in grade 4 this passes as writing, but come on, man... check the spelling - it's right there in front of you.

Was that harsh? I can understand the occasional typo, but some posters on this site have absolutely no writing skills. I'm just amazed. My four year old can write a more complete paragraph than the one I've quoted.

Whatever. It's way to erly in the morning to kare mutch about this. Besides, completely speling so many werds rong in my postings doesnt speek much to my inteligince levels. Dus it?

KingJarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2006, 11:31 AM
The n00b King *

Ren:

lol yup. you're right. i love stirring the pot. people can listen to whatever they like, but to claim tool as the best band ever is kinda going overboard as you really have to define what your understanding of good music is. King Crimson made way better music then Tool ever did, does that mean that i like them? But getting people all pissy kinda amuses me

Plus, i like to challenge people, try to make them tell me why they think that Tool's so great. Hell i preach on these boards that Aqua's the best band ever, do you NOT want to argue me the contrary?

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2006, 12:21 PM
HabsSlappy

TOOL ROCKS!!!

I have seen tool 4 times in concert. The 5th will be on Sept 22nd when they come back to Detroit. I went to see them in May at the Fox Theatre in Detroit and we had 5th row seats. If you get a chance you have to try to get to one of their small venue concerts. They always do a quick tour in NA at small venues then go to Europe and then come back to NA to do the big shows. They are just unreal. No other band comes close to what they have to offer. I am getting so pumped right now just thinking about going to see them again in a month.
For anyone who doesn't think Tool is the best......"Learn to swim"

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
Ren:

Hell i preach on these boards that Aqua's the best band ever, do you NOT want to argue me the contrary?
I don't. You're entitled to your opinion.

Old
08-26-2006, 05:19 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarl View Post
Corrections: First, it's the Calgary SADDLEDOME. Second, "kick some but" ends an incomplete sentence due to the misspelling of "but". I believe you mean "butt"?
Thirdly, "everseem", and "emy"?
I guess if you're in grade 4 this passes as writing, but come on, man... check the spelling - it's right there in front of you.

Was that harsh? I can understand the occasional typo, but some posters on this site have absolutely no writing skills. I'm just amazed. My four year old can write a more complete paragraph than the one I've quoted.

Whatever. It's way to erly in the morning to kare mutch about this. Besides, completely speling so many werds rong in my postings doesnt speek much to my inteligince levels. Dus it?

Sory fer nut pleesing yoo wit mi spellyng.

Yoo stil understood wat I ment... that's the whole point isn't it?

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 09:12 PM
!nkubus

Quote:
If you like Opeth and Tool you should definatly look after Porcupine Tree, they are just awesome and have gazillions of albums. The last one released last year Deadwing is really great. In absentia released in 2002 is also an awesome album

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 09:46 PM
CHaps

Im not a fan of Tool... I do found it OK, i'm more of a fan of harder metal... like Sepultura and Mastodon, btw, listen to some Mastodon, its INCREDIBLE!

CHaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 09:58 PM
LeHab

I want to see Rammstein in Montreal so bad

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
no it's not

but im with you with Tool sucking my balls
No, you're wrong.

Leviathan was incredible. Blood Mountain is even better.

Mastodon is an extremely talented band.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 10:46 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
No, you're wrong.

bof i heard one album and didnt think so. i dont remember which one though. the singing just didnt do it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1 View Post
I want to see Rammstein in Montreal so bad
they only came to montreal once if im not mistaken, i wonder why they dont end up coming more. they'd still make a killing here. even if their music does suck, it sounds so bad ***.

Old
08-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Agalloch

Quote:
I like Opeth very much, maybe in my top 5 bands ever. Do somebody know the band Agalloch? They absolutely rule.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 11:36 PM
CHaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
No, you're wrong.

agreed! Im so much enjoying listening and playing their songs... My friend made me know this band, and now its my favorites... But its still my friend cd on my comp, gonna buy my own!

Quote:
bof i heard one album and didnt think so. i dont remember which one though. the singing just didnt do it for me.

Ok... what do you know about music? Listen to them, and what they have said (by listenning to their DVD) is that their singing is just bad... and the guys do have a voice that fits very well with the lyrics (gotta read them i guess)... And if the CD that you listenned to is Leviathan, youre just a fool!... its the best CD from them , and the 2 last songs completly rips anyother songs (Hearts Alive & Joseph Merrick)Before telling thats crap, get infos...

And they're comming to MTL Sept 10.

kkthxbye

CHaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 07:39 AM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHaps View Post
Ok... what do you know about music? Listen to them, and what they have said (by listenning to their DVD) is that their singing is just bad... and the guys do have a voice that fits very well with the lyrics (gotta read them i guess)... And if the CD that you listenned to is Leviathan, youre just a fool!... its the best CD from them , and the 2 last songs completly rips anyother songs (Hearts Alive & Joseph Merrick)Before telling thats crap, get infos...

And they're comming to MTL Sept 10.

kkthxbye
I am the king of fools, after all...

oh yes, three string guitar riffs are my favourite! and no, sorry, there's a bajillion better bands out there, im not gonna waste my time on one cuz you think they are awesome.

kkthxbye

Old
08-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Arguing over music taste is pretty useless.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 09:26 AM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Arguing over music taste is pretty useless.
You cant really argue taste, but you can argue music from a mathematical point of view.

For example: Mastodon makes bad music because it doesnt contain melody and they only use three chords.

Supertramp makes good music AND they have the 3 fundamentals of music checked: melody, Rythmn and symphony.

Know what i mean?

Oh and i re-listened to Mastodon (Leviathan) to see if i didnt miss anything and i can honestly say they are worse then Tool. At least Tool is trying.

Last edited by The n00b King *: 08-29-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old
08-29-2006, 10:18 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
You cant really argue taste, but you can argue music from a mathematical point of view.

For example: Mastodon makes bad music because it doesnt contain melody and they only use three chords.

Supertramp makes good music, because they have the 3 fundamentals of music checked: melody, Rythmn and symphony.

Know what i mean?

Oh and i re-listened to Mastodon (Leviathan) to see if i didnt miss anything and i can honestly say they are worse then Tool. At least Tool is trying.
Well Tool is melodical and mathemetical at the same time

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post
Well Tool is melodical and mathemetical at the same time
Very true.

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote