HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

First Round Mock

Old
04-10-2013, 02:04 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

vCash: 500
Toronto does not take Fucale, we have plenty of goalies fighting for developmental spots. We most likely take a Ryan Hartman or a Kerby Rychel at that spot.

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:45 PM
George Maharis
Risk Taker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
Toronto does not take Fucale, we have plenty of goalies fighting for developmental spots. We most likely take a Ryan Hartman or a Kerby Rychel at that spot.
I disagree 100%. We have Garrett Sparks, Mark Owuya, and Drew MacIntyre. The only one of them that has the potential to ever play in the NHL is MacIntyre and even then he'll be nothing more than the guy we call up if one of our main 2 is injured.

Fucale is said to be the best goalie prospect since Carey Price, and has the potential to be the next franchise goalie. One scout even went as far as saying he saw shades of Martin Brodeur in him!! And the thing is with Fucale, the more shots he faces the better he plays.

This season, Toronto averages 31.8 shots against each game... For Fucale, in games where he faced 30+ shots he was 14-1-0.. with a 1.86gaa and a .946%. At this point, and with the emergence of Kadri, we need goaltending depth more than anything.

If he's available and we pass on him, I will be furious.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:11 PM
BigWilly

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I disagree 100%. We have Garrett Sparks, Mark Owuya, and Drew MacIntyre. The only one of them that has the potential to ever play in the NHL is MacIntyre and even then he'll be nothing more than the guy we call up if one of our main 2 is injured.

Fucale is said to be the best goalie prospect since Carey Price, and has the potential to be the next franchise goalie. One scout even went as far as saying he saw shades of Martin Brodeur in him!! And the thing is with Fucale, the more shots he faces the better he plays.

This season, Toronto averages 31.8 shots against each game... For Fucale, in games where he faced 30+ shots he was 14-1-0.. with a 1.86gaa and a .946%. At this point, and with the emergence of Kadri, we need goaltending depth more than anything.

If he's available and we pass on him, I will be furious.
I agree that we don't have high end goal-tending prospects in our system, but Fucale is almost none of the things that you just claimed he is. If he were, he'd be touted as going much higher in the draft this year. And how in God's name is he comparable to the stand up goaltender Martin Brodeur..? With that said, I would like him in the range we will be picking.

BigWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:46 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

But we also have the young Reimer and Scrivens who are playing extremely well right now. If we decide to go with Reims for the future, the Leafs should not be taking a goalie in the first round. I would rather see them add to their defensive depth than add another goalie.

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Aela*

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
I agree that we don't have high end goal-tending prospects in our system, but Fucale is almost none of the things that you just claimed he is. If he were, he'd be touted as going much higher in the draft this year. And how in God's name is he comparable to the stand up goaltender Martin Brodeur..? With that said, I would like him in the range we will be picking.
Fucale was touted as a first round, even top 10 Goalie before the season, and he's literally only gotten better. He has an enormous upside (more so than a lot of other goalies) and if someone wants to take a chance on a goalie, it will be him. It really depends on the people drafting whether they want to, but he could go as high as top 10 and as low as late 1st.

Also, I could easily picture him being a franchise goalie in the future.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:45 PM
BigWilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
Fucale was touted as a first round, even top 10 Goalie before the season, and he's literally only gotten better. He has an enormous upside (more so than a lot of other goalies) and if someone wants to take a chance on a goalie, it will be him. It really depends on the people drafting whether they want to, but he could go as high as top 10 and as low as late 1st.

Also, I could easily picture him being a franchise goalie in the future.
I have yet to see a scouting service put him in the top ten. I could be wrong, but in the most recent lists I don't even think I've seen him projected to go in the top 20.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:45 PM
rockinghockey

EDM is not going to pass on Monahan if he is available, I can't see Monahan going that late in the draft.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:48 PM
BigWilly

Quote:
But we also have the young Reimer and Scrivens who are playing extremely well right now. If we decide to go with Reims for the future, the Leafs should not be taking a goalie in the first round. I would rather see them add to their defensive depth than add another goalie.
Most goalies enter the league in a starting role around the age of 25 or 26 (See Tuuka Rask and Ben Bishop). That's 8 years of Reimer (Until age 33). A lot can happen in 8 years.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:05 AM
pooleboy

Quote:
Now I don't want to start making comparisons but boston just drafted a highly touted goalie last year after going with a young goalie (I think Rask>reimer but there pretty damn close) I want the leafs to have that prize goaltending prospect..... Especially if he is canadian (toronto loves canadian goaltenders, cujo and belfour were kings when they were here)

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:58 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

it's going to be interesting to see if the Leafs take Fucale or not in the 1st round, or if they wait for say the 2nd round and grab perhaps as equally as good a goaltender like Tristan Jarry, Spencer Martin or Eric Comrie. ^the above 4 goalies get mentioned a lot as being the ones who will be gone before the end of the 2nd round.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Frederick Gauthier ?

I don't mind that pick.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Aela*

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
I have yet to see a scouting service put him in the top ten. I could be wrong, but in the most recent lists I don't even think I've seen him projected to go in the top 20.
Pre season he was. He's kind of fallen under the radar for some reason.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:01 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
You forget Ristolainen or just not like him?
i like him and i hope the Oilers do as well!

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote