HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wtf???!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2003, 08:28 PM
cram

vCash: 500
Wtf???!!!!

Happened??? Did everyone suddenly realize what their role was on this team???? **** I hate Cooke!!!

Old
12-27-2003, 08:40 PM
capta

Send a message via ICQ to capta
Cooke? I hate the whole Canuck Team! What a bunch of sore losers! We lost twice 3-0 and the Oil never whined and tried to fight everyone. look at the crybaby Canuckleheads....sore losers. And Cooke is lucky Georges didn't get a hold of him

Old
12-27-2003, 08:42 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta
Cooke? I hate the whole Canuck Team! What a bunch of sore losers! We lost twice 3-0 and the Oil never whined and tried to fight everyone. look at the crybaby Canuckleheads....sore losers. And Cooke is lucky Georges didn't get a hold of him
Actually, I'm disappointed the Oilers didn't act like that. At least show some emotion... During those two previous games, they just took the loss without trying to show Vancouver something they should expect next game.

I'd rather take the raw emotion than the professionalism any day of the week.

Old
12-27-2003, 08:47 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Actually, I'm disappointed the Oilers didn't act like that. At least show some emotion... During those two previous games, they just took the loss without trying to show Vancouver something they should expect next game.

I'd rather take the raw emotion than the professionalism any day of the week.
yeah, but it looks like a cheap attempt to try and win something in the game, I have never agreed with this mentality "if they kill us in the scoreboard, will beat them up" it is one of the silliest things that happens in hockey, seriously, what does it achieve, other then provide some humour to the other team and their fans??!!!

Old
12-27-2003, 08:51 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
yeah, but it looks like a cheap attempt to try and win something in the game, I have never agreed with this mentality "if they kill us in the scoreboard, will beat them up" it is one of the silliest things that happens in hockey, seriously, what does it achieve, other then provide some humour to the other team and their fans??!!!
We did it if I recally correctly against Dallas in the playoffs last year. It shows the other team that a blowout isn't going to be taken lightly. It eases frustration of the entire ordeal on the ice and sends a message that next game won't be as easy a ride.

Goonery is one thing. But it was Jason Smith and Ethan Moreau we're talking here. Of course they'd be willing to drop the gloves... I have no problems with it personally.

Old
12-27-2003, 08:52 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

What a game, I think this game proves that if Bertuzzi or Naslund ever get injured that the Nucks are gonna tank it. They have very little depth at forward, and when we can shut down the top line, the Nucks just crumble. We embarrased them in their home arena and most importantly proved to ourselves, that we can indeed play with the Nucks, and even play at a higher level.

Isbister DOMINATED on alot of his shifts. Now I know why people were comparing him to Bert, the shift where he scored his goal he basically made every Canuck on the ice look like a blind midget with no legs; if he can play consistent he's gonna be a force.

Not too many negatives in this game, a PP goal, a SH goal, a breakaway goal, a lucky goal, a garbage goal, a couple of beauties by Smyth and Hemsky, solid goaltending by Salo. I havent felt this good in a long time, in fact, I think I just lost my virginity again.

Old
12-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Wow. Apparently one game tells the tale about a hockey team eh? Yikes.

Old
12-27-2003, 09:12 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Matt Cooke is a little *****. He acted all tough until Laraque showed up, then Allen had to jump in before Cooke got molested, and then, as Cooke was skating to the box and both he and Georges were separated by the linesmen, he starts talking ****. Real tough. I remember last year when he acted like this, then Smith went after him, so Cooke skated behind a few of his teammates. Pathetic.

Ohlund sure is a tough guy as well. He is lucky his teammates came in and stopped Smith from getting his beat on because Ohlund speared him twice.

Classy move by May not to smoke a defenseless Moreau in the face when he had the chance to.

And finally, Ruutu is an idiot. He won his fight against Pisani, then on his way to the dressing room, challenges the Oilers bench. I hope he knows the Oilers have a lot of players that could toss him around like a rag doll.

Old
12-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
??? Nobody here is trying to say we're better than the Nucks... I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Old
12-27-2003, 09:48 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
If it's so upsetting trolling here Buttburner..........troll elsewhere.

Old
12-27-2003, 10:02 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
I think I just lost my virginity again.

LMAO!!!

Old
12-28-2003, 02:30 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
no need to call names g2k, but i know wot u guys mean i went to NHL.com this morning and saw Oilers 6 Canucks 2 and the first thing that came in my head was, "oh they seemed to have made a mistake and switched the scores around"

Old
12-28-2003, 05:53 AM
jadeddog

lol, yeah thats about it rabi.... i clicked the game on for a second to check the score last night and i said "holy *****"..... my gf then asks "are they losing THAT bad?" ...... bahahah

Old
12-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
That to me sounds like sour grapes. The nux got there ***** handed to them TONIGHT by a team that outplayed them. Deal with it.

Old
12-28-2003, 10:36 AM
Impossibles

What are you guys whining about?

The oilers were the better team last night, and the score showed it. Then the canucks let them know that they aren't just going to roll over like a dead dog.

Last time I checked, this was HOCKEY, and that is what the sport is about. If you're going to win games, you are to expect other teams to come after you physically. You want this would turn into basketball or baseball?

Also, I find it quite funny that you guys are all *****ing about Cooke, when I'm sure a lot of you were all cheering for Esa Tikkanen not too long ago. Same game. If he's pissing people off, he is doing his job.

Good game, and i can't wait for the re-match.

Old
12-28-2003, 06:04 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
If it's so upsetting trolling here Buttburner..........troll elsewhere.
What? Trolling? That's inane.

Did I slam the Oilers? No. Did I call anyone names? No.

What did I do? Nothing. The post above mine was rather over-the-top. If you really think I was trying to piss people off, you really are thin-skinned. There was quite the anti-Canuck tone to this thread, basically calling the Canucks worthless after Naslund/Bertuzzi. I felt like saying something. Deal with it. No part of my post was malicious in any way, so no need to dismiss me as a troll. I thought you were alot better than that g2k. I read alot of your posts.

The Oilers beat the Canucks handily. I have no problem with that. We weren't going to win all six meetings vs. Edmonton. Hopefully the 4th meeting is actually a close game, instead of the 3-0, 3-0, 6-2 type blowouts we have seen so far.

Old
12-28-2003, 06:18 PM
gretzky2kurri

Oh hi waveburner.

Last edited by gretzky2kurri: 12-28-2003 at 06:28 PM.
Old
12-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Well when you say, Wow. Apparently one game tells the tale about a hockey team eh? Yikes. It shows that you are pretty sour about losing to the Oilers. You insinuate that after one victory we all think we have our fingers on the pulse of this club.

We were just happy. We haven't had alot to cheer about lately. But that seemed to bother you alot, prompting a very presumptious post from you.

In hindsight....I wish I just would have said, "get over it Mr. poopie pants........it's only one loss."

All better now? Booboo all fixed?

(nice of you to pop in ONCE again as we are about to lose to the Flames....coincidence? I have my doubts. Nice timing)
You are the most paranoid poster I have met on HF.

1)I didn't even know the Oilers were playing.
2)How can you even come to that conclusion? Is there ANY logical reason to jump to that conclusion? No. I don't sit by my computer 24/7, so when I was reading the boards just now I happned to see your response. So I responded. Not the end of the world, eh?

Sorry for the miscommunication g2k. I have no reason to want to fight with you-I think you are a good poster. I just don't appreciate being labelled as a troll. I am not. From now on I will elaborate more clearly, OK?

Old
12-28-2003, 06:35 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
You are the most paranoid poster I have met on HF.

1)I didn't even know the Oilers were playing.
2)How can you even come to that conclusion? Is there ANY logical reason to jump to that conclusion? No. I don't sit by my computer 24/7, so when I was reading the boards just now I happned to see your response. So I responded. Not the end of the world, eh?

Sorry for the miscommunication g2k. I have no reason to want to fight with you-I think you are a good poster. I just don't appreciate being labelled as a troll. I am not. From now on I will elaborate more clearly, OK?
Hey.......you labeled us. You expected no reaction?

later...

Old
12-29-2003, 01:00 AM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
What a game, I think this game proves that if Bertuzzi or Naslund ever get injured that the Nucks are gonna tank it. They have very little depth at forward, and when we can shut down the top line, the Nucks just crumble. We embarrased them in their home arena and most importantly proved to ourselves, that we can indeed play with the Nucks, and even play at a higher level.
And that would be why during the other 2 matchups Naslund only had 1 goal and Bertuzzi had 0 but Vancouver still won both of them? Don't get me wrong, I love the Oil and I want to see them win but thats getting a little cocky over 1 game.

Old
12-29-2003, 06:12 AM
Oil_in_my_veins

what bothered me was that Allen and Jovanovski didn't get ejected for third man in...did the refs decide to throw away the rulebook???

Old
12-29-2003, 08:55 AM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Oilfan
what bothered me was that Allen and Jovanovski didn't get ejected for third man in...did the refs decide to throw away the rulebook???
I don't believe they gave out fighting majors, for sure in the Allen case. Hence no 3rd man in

Closed Thread