HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Possible Cheating?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2013, 02:22 AM
  #1
JaeTM
Registered User
 
JaeTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Possible Cheating?

In my league, every person receives a maximum of 4 player adds per week (something I look to change next season). Obviously everyone knows the playoffs are here so every add/drop is crucial right now.

One of the teams (the co-commish no less) had used 3 adds thus far and just made a 4th. The 4th add was dropping Bachman, and picking up Hainsey. Then, 10 minutes later, Hainsey is dropped in favor of Andy MacDonald. He claims it was a mistake (even though you get a second chance to see the person you're adding, but mistakes are still made), and wanted MacDonald instead. He was looking for a D-man to help out in the "Blocks" category and MacD was first in FA with 110, and Hainsey was second with 103. So it definitely looks like a mistake considering they were one and two in that specific category that he was searching for.

In my opinion, you need to be more careful of this, and as a result, you shouldn't be able to abuse if you must, your commish powers by fixing this mistake. You messed up, and you need to live with it.

Am I acting too harsh by not allowing this "mistake" to go through and allow this person their technically, 5th add?

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:49 AM
  #2
Robokopp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: My Office
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Well, first of all Im with you on how you reason; If you mess up, its your own fault and you should live with it.

Although it kinda depends on if this guy is last and really far behind and maybe not as smart as the rest of the league. In other words, someone you can forgive for their mistakes more than others.

But despite that, I agree with you, that would and should be his 5th add.

Robokopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:59 AM
  #3
JaeTM
Registered User
 
JaeTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Well, like I said, it's playoffs so this person definitely knows what they're doing (they were also the #1 seed )

Thanks for the advice though. More opinions are appreciated though.

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:18 AM
  #4
EWreckShin
Go Bruins Go!!!
 
EWreckShin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NS, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Did he abuse his commissioner powers to override the 4 pick limit and add the other guy (technically making it his 5th)?

If the answer to that is yes, then I think a stink should be made, no matter what place he is in. He should be made to add the player he picked first for his 4th pick and the guy he currently has should be put back on the waiver wire.

If he didn't abuse his powers to do this then it's all gravy. No harm, no foul.

EWreckShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 08:34 AM
  #5
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 10,672
vCash: 500
Does Hainsey go on waivers or can he be picked up as a FA?

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:13 PM
  #6
JaeTM
Registered User
 
JaeTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWreckShin View Post
Did he abuse his commissioner powers to override the 4 pick limit and add the other guy (technically making it his 5th)?

If the answer to that is yes, then I think a stink should be made, no matter what place he is in. He should be made to add the player he picked first for his 4th pick and the guy he currently has should be put back on the waiver wire.

If he didn't abuse his powers to do this then it's all gravy. No harm, no foul.
Yeah that's where he "abused" his commish powers. He used his 4th add for the week on Hainsey, realized he messed up, used the "edit roster" for any team and dropped Hainsey and picked up MacDonald which would technically be his 5th add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Does Hainsey go on waivers or can he be picked up as a FA?
Hainsey was added back to FA for some reason, but when I dropped MacD to put Hainsey back on his team, MacD was added to waivers.

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:28 AM
  #7
EWreckShin
Go Bruins Go!!!
 
EWreckShin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NS, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
Yeah that's where he "abused" his commish powers. He used his 4th add for the week on Hainsey, realized he messed up, used the "edit roster" for any team and dropped Hainsey and picked up MacDonald which would technically be his 5th add.
He should be made to use that "edit roster" feature and put the guy he originally used for his 4th pick back on his team.

EWreckShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:14 PM
  #8
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 10,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
Hainsey was added back to FA for some reason, but when I dropped MacD to put Hainsey back on his team, MacD was added to waivers.

I do this every once in a while if I see a decent guy with a B2B game coming up. I'll grab him, then immediately drop him so he goes onto waivers and is unavailable for other guys to add.

Sounds like by doing what he did, he made a good player unavailable to add.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:53 PM
  #9
EWreckShin
Go Bruins Go!!!
 
EWreckShin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NS, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I do this every once in a while if I see a decent guy with a B2B game coming up. I'll grab him, then immediately drop him so he goes onto waivers and is unavailable for other guys to add.

Sounds like by doing what he did, he made a good player unavailable to add.
Yeah, that's not so bad but this guy used his commissioner powers to add a guy after he had already used his last pick for the week. That's not fair and I would consider it cheating, no matter what his reasoning was.

EWreckShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:06 AM
  #10
DoubleDose86
Registered User
 
DoubleDose86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
I feel he abused his powers.

They give you the second screen so you should see.

Does everyone else get to make a mistake and have it corrected?
If the previous answer is yes, what if commish isn't on to do it for you until the game has started?

DoubleDose86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.