HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agents Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 04:27 PM
  #501
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Doing that at age 20 in the Q isn't necessarily always a promise of success, but the recent spike in production could indicate something of a coming of age in the player's development.
Yes - and much more encouraging coming from a kid who had previously been scouted and then thought to have enough talent to be drafted in the second round. It's not like it came from nowhere, but rather that there was a delay of some kind.

Certainly not a guarantee, but again, better than a complete unknown having a bit of a breakout party in his age 20 season.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 04:33 PM
  #502
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Wow, poor CBJ - he absolutely tanked after his draft year for two years, so they let him go un-signed... and then he busts out for 1.5PPG over 55 games and improves from a -9 to a +33.

Going by the stats, he'd certainly be a nice get. As I recall, he had fans on this board during his draft year.
as Fitzy said, hard to gauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Straka plays with Noreau in Baie-Comeau. I'm sure the Rangers have seen him plenty.
The Rangers are at 50 contracts, no? If they signed him, would it slide ala the NCAA players and Nicholls? If so, sign me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Doing that at age 20 in the Q isn't necessarily always a promise of success, but the recent spike in production could indicate something of a coming of age in the player's development.
Exactly. Still would be an interesting prospect to add. I bet he goes to the Wings.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
04-10-2013, 06:08 PM
  #503
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
I hope we pick good solid guys...not specifically be looking for Tort types...as it will be 3-4 years before they contribute...

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 06:39 PM
  #504
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Any word on the other CLB's non signed draftee?
Brandon Archibald
6'4 200 lbs
RHD

His scouting report looks like a perfect fit for this team

Quote:
Talent Analysis
Archibald uses his size to clear out the front of the net and has become a very well-rounded player. His 6’4 frame has allowed him to shut down some of the OHL’s top scorers on the power play, including the Sarnia Stings’ Nail Yakupov. His offensive game isn’t nearly as gifted as his defensive play, but when you play that good in your own zone Archibald shouldn’t be worrying about his goal totals.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM
  #505
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,778
vCash: 500
Yale vs Mass-Lowell on soon and St. Cloud vs Quinnipiac in the 2nd of the Frozen Four games today. Winners go on to play Saturday night April 13th, 2013 for the NCAA Championship. Which ever team wins it will be the first ever for their program.

I'm taking a good look at free agent RH Dman Christian Folin for Mass-Lowell.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 06:59 PM
  #506
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,614
vCash: 500
Allan Walsh ‏@walsha 1m
Overage free agent forward Petr Straka has signed a 3 year Entry Level Contract with Philadelphia. He had offers from 12 NHL teams.

Ih8theislanders is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 06:59 PM
  #507
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Allan Walsh ‏@walsha 1m
Overage free agent forward Petr Straka has signed a 3 year Entry Level Contract with Philadelphia. He had offers from 12 NHL teams.
https://twitter.com/walsha/status/322483521526583296

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 07:27 PM
  #508
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Allan Walsh ‏@walsha 1m
Overage free agent forward Petr Straka has signed a 3 year Entry Level Contract with Philadelphia. He had offers from 12 NHL teams.
Why only 12 teams?

Good for Philly.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:19 PM
  #509
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,778
vCash: 500
Anyone else watching Jordan Thomas-Samuels taking over in the Frozen Four ?

6'4 217 Power forward, 7th rounder Winnipeg strikes gold me thinks.

Hartzell looks huge in net. Some really good players/prospects in this game.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 11:15 PM
  #510
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yale vs Mass-Lowell on soon and St. Cloud vs Quinnipiac in the 2nd of the Frozen Four games today. Winners go on to play Saturday night April 13th, 2013 for the NCAA Championship. Which ever team wins it will be the first ever for their program.

I'm taking a good look at free agent RH Dman Christian Folin for Mass-Lowell.
How did he look?
What other RHD in the draft maybe available in the 3rd rd?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 04:41 AM
  #511
TMFN
HFB Partner
 
TMFN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Anyone else watching Jordan Thomas-Samuels taking over in the Frozen Four ?

6'4 217 Power forward, 7th rounder Winnipeg strikes gold me thinks.

Hartzell looks huge in net. Some really good players/prospects in this game.
Hartzell is a very good goalie prospect with that size he has. Would be a big pickup if the Rangers could add him. Here's some stuff on some of the better prospects that will be playing in the Championship.

http://hockeyphenoms.blogspot.com/

TMFN is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:37 AM
  #512
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
How did he look?
What other RHD in the draft maybe available in the 3rd rd?
I thought Folin looked good, wasn't out on any goals against, and dropped Yale Captain Andrew Miller with a solid shoulder in the 2nd period.


Just guessing some names that could be there in 3rd round:

Myles Bell - 6'0 205, WHL overager, undrafted due to off ice issues, seems to have turned it around. Definite gamble but skill is high. Played as a forward, very odd situation.

Thomas Vannelli - 6'2 170 attending U of Minnesota next fall. Not sure if that puts the Rangers off though.

Anthony Florentino - 6'0 209, South Kent CT, Hard hitter, more of a stay at home, good decision maker with the puck but nothing flashy. Attending Providence in 2014.

Jordan Subban - 5'8 170, Belleville OHL, Subban brother #3 of the 4, offensive Dman, very small but talented. Could go higher on name alone.

Maxime Gravel - 6'0 185, Rimouski QMJL, smooth skater, high offensive IQ, plays with a mean streak at times.

Parker Reno - 6'0 190, Edina MinnHS, Two way Dman, nice point play on the PP, headed to RPI.

Atte Makinen - 6'3 200, Tappara Finland Jr, Big Stay at home, smart player with or w/o the puck, not overly skilled just solid fundamentals to go along with a powerful frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMFN View Post
Hartzell is a very good goalie prospect with that size he has. Would be a big pickup if the Rangers could add him. Here's some stuff on some of the better prospects that will be playing in the Championship.

http://hockeyphenoms.blogspot.com/
Hartzell was excellent. Laganiere was impressive all over the ice. Lanky frame will need to add a few pounds of muscle to play a power game.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:37 AM
  #513
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,606
vCash: 500
I think Subban will go in the early 2nd. Incredibly quick and elusive. Some team will look the other way on his size in favor of his pedigree and take him early.

Fingers crossed for Bell. Even if he ends up as a forward, his nasty streak would be a welcome addition and the kid can flat out play.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:42 AM
  #514
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think Subban will go in the early 2nd. Incredibly quick and elusive. Some team will look the other way on his size in favor of his pedigree and take him early.

Fingers crossed for Bell. Even if he ends up as a forward, his nasty streak would be a welcome addition and the kid can flat out play.
Agreed about Subban, 2nd round most likely. Even though he's small I'd take him in the 2nd, he has that kind of potential.

It'll be interesting to see where Bell is taken. Could be 2nd round if a team thinks he can be added to the pro team right away.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
  #515
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Agreed about Subban, 2nd round most likely. Even though he's small I'd take him in the 2nd, he has that kind of potential.

It'll be interesting to see where Bell is taken. Could be 2nd round if a team thinks he can be added to the pro team right away.
Yeah I thought Bell could be a late 2nd round target for us this year. He was one of the main reasons I was so irritated to see us deal that pick away. Dealing away that Florida 3rd also hurts.

Could be a poor man's Byfuglien.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:08 PM
  #516
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

Maxime Gravel - 6'0 185, Rimouski QMJL, smooth skater, high offensive IQ, plays with a mean streak at times.

Parker Reno - 6'0 190, Edina MinnHS, Two way Dman, nice point play on the PP, headed to RPI.
I like the Gravel report, if he can play both ends, high IQ and a mean streak, sign me up.

Edit: Just saw one of his goals on yt, same dipsy doodle move that McD scored on.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
  #517
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Allan Walsh ‏@walsha 1m
Overage free agent forward Petr Straka has signed a 3 year Entry Level Contract with Philadelphia. He had offers from 12 NHL teams.
UGGGGGHHH. Stupid Flyers. I loved Straka, badly wanted the Rangers to draft him that year. He's by no means a sure thing, but he's probably one of the 15 or 20 most talented offensive prospects I've seen in Canadian juniors over the last decade. Straka and Boedker probably stand out the most as the two best puckhandling prospects I can remember in recent years. Amazing, amazing puckhandlers. Kovalev level.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:26 PM
  #518
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Blackhawks agree to terms with 2013 Hobey Baker Winner LeBlanc

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CHI|home

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 12:13 PM
  #519
nsvoyageurs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Anyone have interest in center Antoine Laganiere? 6-4; 217 lbs. Spent the last 4 seasons with Yale, who won the NCAA national championship last night in Pittsburgh. 27 points in 35 games. Had a down year this year. HNIC's Elliotte Friedman said on the HNIC's Hot Stove last night that many teams are interested in him, but did not mention the Rangers. Can he play?

nsvoyageurs is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 12:33 PM
  #520
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Okay so I haven't been online in a while and I would just like to put my 2 cents in on some recent stories.
First, good for Philly and SJ to snag two really good prospects in Straka and Grosenick. Congrats to Eriah Hayes as well as Drew LeBlanc. Other noticeable signings: Juho Olkinoura and Chad Ruhwedel.


Second, NYR what are you doing?!?!?!

Okay now that that is out of my system.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Any word on the other CLB's non signed draftee?
Brandon Archibald
6'4 200 lbs
RHD

His scouting report looks like a perfect fit for this team
Yes it is!! Perfect fit all the way, but Columbus will most likely sign him. They'd be stupid not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yale vs Mass-Lowell on soon and St. Cloud vs Quinnipiac in the 2nd of the Frozen Four games today. Winners go on to play Saturday night April 13th, 2013 for the NCAA Championship. Which ever team wins it will be the first ever for their program.

I'm taking a good look at free agent RH Dman Christian Folin for Mass-Lowell.
Don't know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Anyone else watching Jordan Thomas-Samuels taking over in the Frozen Four ?

6'4 217 Power forward, 7th rounder Winnipeg strikes gold me thinks.

Hartzell looks huge in net. Some really good players/prospects in this game.
You thinks correctly!! I had my eye on Peca and Langlois and I would like to be the first to note that (and its probably a shocker but) Langlois is...... slow . Just kidding. Langlois is extremely fast and I was most impressed with his ability to play a north/south game. High energy=LOVE!!!. I don't have anything else to say about Peca except that I want him. Highly skilled and quick as well. Hartzell is a clear given on my "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF F***ING GOD SIGN HIM" radar. Especially now that Grosenick and Olkinoura are gone. Also Milner and Malcolm are good candidates. Also like the Jones twins and Dalhuisen.

PS: Very impressed with Jeff Malcolm's play in the Frozen Four tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I thought Folin looked good, wasn't out on any goals against, and dropped Yale Captain Andrew Miller with a solid shoulder in the 2nd period.


Just guessing some names that could be there in 3rd round:

Myles Bell - 6'0 205, WHL overager, undrafted due to off ice issues, seems to have turned it around. Definite gamble but skill is high. Played as a forward, very odd situation.

Thomas Vannelli - 6'2 170 attending U of Minnesota next fall. Not sure if that puts the Rangers off though.

Anthony Florentino - 6'0 209, South Kent CT, Hard hitter, more of a stay at home, good decision maker with the puck but nothing flashy. Attending Providence in 2014.

Jordan Subban - 5'8 170, Belleville OHL, Subban brother #3 of the 4, offensive Dman, very small but talented. Could go higher on name alone.

Maxime Gravel - 6'0 185, Rimouski QMJL, smooth skater, high offensive IQ, plays with a mean streak at times.

Parker Reno - 6'0 190, Edina MinnHS, Two way Dman, nice point play on the PP, headed to RPI.

Atte Makinen - 6'3 200, Tappara Finland Jr, Big Stay at home, smart player with or w/o the puck, not overly skilled just solid fundamentals to go along with a powerful frame.



Hartzell was excellent. Laganiere was impressive all over the ice. Lanky frame will need to add a few pounds of muscle to play a power game.
Folin didn't look bad, but wasn't really noticeable. As for Miller, that guy is going to have some serious conversations about an NHL contract.

That Yale team looked very good. Besides Miller, Laganiere and Malcolm seem viable players for a contract. Wouldn't mind grabbing any of them.

As for your analysis, Bell=Check!! Gravel=Check!! Florentino, Reno, and Makinen don't know. please. Pass on Vannelli and Subban. Subban is too small and Vannelli I'm not overly impressed by him, but I wouldn't mind him.

Would also like to say that UMass Junior forward Joseph Pendenza was amazing with his run too.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 12:34 PM
  #521
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
Anyone have interest in center Antoine Laganiere? 6-4; 217 lbs. Spent the last 4 seasons with Yale, who won the NCAA national championship last night in Pittsburgh. 27 points in 35 games. Had a down year this year. HNIC's Elliotte Friedman said on the HNIC's Hot Stove last night that many teams are interested in him, but did not mention the Rangers. Can he play?
Yes... yes he can play.... very well.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 01:28 PM
  #522
nsvoyageurs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Do they have any contract spots open in their 50?

nsvoyageurs is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 01:36 PM
  #523
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
Anyone have interest in center Antoine Laganiere? 6-4; 217 lbs. Spent the last 4 seasons with Yale, who won the NCAA national championship last night in Pittsburgh. 27 points in 35 games. Had a down year this year. HNIC's Elliotte Friedman said on the HNIC's Hot Stove last night that many teams are interested in him, but did not mention the Rangers. Can he play?
Yeah he had a solid run to the NCAA Championship, one of Yale's key forwards, they always seem to get scoring chances with him on the ice. His physical play was noticeable throughout the tourney as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
Do they have any contract spots open in their 50?
I think we're at the limit.

Hey Bones, Pendenza looked good, nice wheels on that kid.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
  #524
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I think we're at the limit.

Hey Bones, Pendenza looked good, nice wheels on that kid.
Agreed, but if we sign someone for next season, I think we'd have room. Idk?

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:16 PM
  #525
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,931
vCash: 50
Hate to break it to ya, Bones, but:

Brennan Klak @nhlupdate
Penguins sign Eric Hartzell to a one year deal

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.