HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oilers rant thread..

Old
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
oilphan

vCash: 500
It's funny looking back at the trade deadline thread. Two distinct camps...the Great Job Tambo camp and the You Friggin Idiot Tambo camp. Pretty clear who was right.

And whoever pointed out bringing up Lander to have him sit for a month...amen. Just another idiotic move by management.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Shanahanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
What I said was true. That's exactlyw hat people said.

Nope, not tencer. but I'm not the one who was called out for doing a ****ing 180 a week later.

Did exactly what I just said. Thanks for proving my point.
I did re-read your post.

You actually sound EXACTLY like Tencer, more so than I first realized.

It's a process, right?

Enjoy the ride, right?

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Moneypuck

Katz and Lowe are the equivalent of Bill Wirtz and Bob Pulford. Till they either pass away or move on, the Oilers are doomed. You can't fix a serious lack of intelligence, when it's seated in the owners chair.

Moneypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:45 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypuck View Post
Katz and Lowe are the equivalent of Bill Wirtz and Bob Pulford. Till they either pass away or move on, the Oilers are doomed. You can't fix a serious lack of intelligence, when it's seated in the owners chair.
katz is actually very intelligent once you realize the oilers are just leverage for his real-estate deals. he will at least double his net worth. all the while he watches his real team from his suite in GM place.

the guy isnt dumb... serpent yes...dumb no

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Moneypuck

Quote:
Re read the post. Has a lot of words, but i'm sure you can find out why the bag is there.
LOL, i see the resident HFboards Soapboxer has returned.

Need more Kool-Aid, need more....

Old
04-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
LOL, i see the resident HFboards Soapboxer has returned.

Need more Kool-Aid, need more....
Better than wanting to trade everything for ****ing draft picks.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
I did re-read your post.

You actually sound EXACTLY like Tencer, more so than I first realized.

It's a process, right?

Enjoy the ride, right?
You should make more fire tambo threads. It's doing a lot.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Moneypuck

Quote:
Better than wanting to trade everything for ****ing draft picks.
If any of our, so called veterans, were worth anything, they'd be gone by now. Nobody wants Hemsky, nobody wants Whitney....Belanger,Smyth yada yada yada.

In case you haven't noticed, it's all these ELC kids carrying this club. When the kids can't carry the weight, we're doomed with all these tired, overpaid,underachieving veterans you're so attached to.

Do you think we're only 2 more Horcoffs away from being a contender sir?

Old
04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
If any of our, so called veterans, were worth anything, they'd be gone by now. Nobody wants Hemsky, nobody wants Whitney....Belanger,Smyth yada yada yada.

In case you haven't noticed, it's all these ELC kids carrying this club. When the kids can't carry the weight, we're doomed with all these tired, overpaid,underachieving veterans you're so attached to.
Never said i was attached. Show one post where I said I was attached. Should stop putting words in my mouth and read closely.

I don't think more kids are the answer.

Is that clear? I mean i don't want you to not understand what I wrote.

Building a team with only draft picks is not a way to build the team. This isn't a fantasy league.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Moneypuck

Quote:
Never said i was attached. Show one post where I said I was attached. Should stop putting words in my mouth and read closely.

I don't think more kids are the answer.

Is that clear? I mean i don't want you to not understand what I wrote.

Building a team with only draft picks is not a way to build the team. This isn't a fantasy league.
We're pooched till the likes of Hall,Hopkins,Eberle,Yakupov and Schultz can take turns leading this club during the marathon 82 nights a year.

Isn't it obvious to you yet, that the ever important support group here is nothing but a pile of deadwood playing out the string? You stop the kids, and the Oilers are dead in the water. Deadwood out, new life in here is the only answer. The Oilers urgently need to add to this fab 5 group. When this group continues to mature/ can carry this club on the majority of that 82 game season, you'll see guys like Steve Ott, Ryane Clowe want to be a part of this team while on a bargain contract i'm sure. Till this group is established/expanded, we're doomed. Sell the farm!

Last edited by Moneypuck: 04-11-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old
04-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
Oh look it's Tencer.
Just heard Tencer say that if there were 40 more games, this team would turn it around and be in the playoff hunt at the 72 game mark. I suppose its possible, but his optimism is not based anything proven.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Grouchy Smurf View Post
I think fans should relax and be thankful we have an NHL team instead of being spoiled arm chair GM/coaches and owner fanboys that think they are better at running and managing an NHL franchise than the people in place. YOu cant wins the cup every year, even with crosby/malkin and the likes.

Take it for what it is.. its a roller-coaster ride, if you dont like roller-coasters, get-off!
I'd have no problem if it was a roller-coaster ride. But this is the Drop of Doom.

As for my shot at the rant, here goes. My biggest issue is the approach of coaching and management. Neither have shown the ability or interest in being the least bit proactive. In game, I have never seen Kreuger make any adjustments, but I've seen plenty of coaches adjust to counteract our game plan. 2 games ago in Anaheim, Boudreau makes the adjustment in the second to send an extra forechecker in and have his Dmen pinch along the boards. We spend two periods just trying to get out of our zone. What was Kreuger's answer? Nothing. After 10 games this year it should have been clear that Kreuger's man-to-man Dzone system is too complicated for all these young players. Not only have I seen guys lose their man completely, but countless times I've seen our guys run into each other only to start pointing trying to figure out who their guy is. I'm not saying the system can't work, but it's a bit much considering the age and experience of most of our team.

Management is even worse in this regard. Mass injuries to our centers, Tambo does nothing until the deadline. Acquires Fistric for a 3rd because he was a 7th Dman in DAL (which appears as a proactive move), then we use him as a 7th D (even in games against bigger teams, until recently). Play out the entire season with 3 skill RW's, rather than address our lack of grit on the 3rd line.

For the longest time I hated Brian Burke for his arrogance and attention seeking, but he would be a welcome alternative to our current management. At least he has the balls to make moves when he's not happy with what he sees.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
Just heard Tencer say that if there were 40 more games, this team would turn it around and be in the playoff hunt at the 72 game mark. I suppose its possible, but his optimism is not based anything proven.
Hah, that opinion is pretty much the exact opposite of what I've been saying for the past several weeks. Bottomline: The stats say that this is the exact same team as last year. The likelihood of them falling down the standings would be higher over 82 games.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:34 PM
topchowda

My rant:

Ryan Smyth
You either retire a hero or play long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Listen, I LOVE Ryan smyth, he is one of the most respectable guys in the league and one of the classiest to wear the Blue and Orange. He lived and breathed for the Oil. When he came back I was over the moon, he went on to score a great clip last year
But this year he sucks, he has had 3-4 really good games and other than that he is taking roster spot. Krueger doesn't have the heart to scratch him because he means so much. And tambo wont trade him especially after he demanded to come back. I hope he hangs them up this summer because the hate from the fans will only get worse next year and he will be remembered as an over the hill scrub rather than a warrior.

Jordan Eberle
Lacks compete this year, maybe it was the broken finger, but hes been a complete passenger, hasn't taken over a single game this year, hes been a product of Hall in his good games. I see his peak as a healthy Hemsky. Which is a 70-75 pt player. But this year he hasn't brought it

Sam Gagner
Played good at the start of the season, disappearing right now

Tambo and the entire management
leave, leave right now. They haven't hampered the Oil with bad contracts or traded away our picks. They've been *gasp* good rebuild GM's. They sat on their thumbs and did minimal damage, but minimal progress. They have only acquired fringe 4th liners/ 7th dmen. They WILL NOT make the big moves, nor do they have the knowledge on which players are undervalued and target in a trade. We NEED a proactive GM at this stage in our rebuild. This is when Chicago stole Sharp and Campbell and signed Hossa. We need to sign some FA's really badly this offseason. Tambo wont make those moves.

I fully support Burke. I harp on him for the Kessel trade, but I would support trading our 2014+2015 1st round picks if that was the worst thing he has ever done. He also won his fair share of trades and assembled a pretty good team

The Fans
Cautious patience. I know I just harped on Ebs/Gagner. But we need to be patient with our young guns developing. Which highly drafted prospect has stepped in and brought their team contious success? I NEVER want to hear we should have picked Seguin/Landy/Galy. That is the "grass is greenier mentality" Maybe they will be better in 5 years, who knows, but none would have brought the Oilers more success than our current core.
Landeskogs team is in last
Gally is much to young to judge, but with his injury NO GM would have risked the first when yakupov was on the board
Seguin has won a cup but was a passenger, 3 years later Hall is the better player

Hell even look at other guys
Tavares is now just leading his team to the playoffs 4 years later
Stamkos is leading his team to 27th
Larsson's team is missing the playoffs
Duchene- see landeskog

These guys are world class players, but them by themselves doesn't guartnee success.

The fact is, unless your Crosby, young guns cant lead teams to playoffs by themselves. Need the GM to build a good supporting cast.

topchowda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:42 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
agreed. what has been proven is our records from january on in past years. right now we are at late january in a normal schedule. Veteran teams in their grooves for the last run. In my opinion history has proven we would collapse now. Kind of like what is happening before our eyes.

I think we get 4 more points maybe 5 out of these last few games and finish around 23rd.

any other organization and the GM and Coach and everyone would be fired.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:42 PM
KlimasLoveChild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kujo7V9m0gk

This is basically what went down this season

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:10 PM
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Quote:
Rant? Alright.

It's the fans.

This is a fanbase where you can go to hoping you'd be in playoffs, and two weeks later, wanting everyone's head again. This is fanbase where a week earlier, was praising the general manager for not doing anything drastic, but a week later calls for his head.

This is a fanbase that has people threaten that they will burn their season tickets, last year, yet still go to every game like they are forced to.

This is a fanbase that would rather see the team lose, to get rid of management, than to see the team win.

This is fanbase that thinks their 19 year old center is a bust, and that we should have drafted another guy, even though people are quick to defend that 19 year old center, they are quick to dump on a guy who is second in team scoring, and in the top 30 for scoring.

This is a fanbase, that will blast a guy wearing the C and compare him to the worst captain in Oilers history, with absolutely no proof, other than just hating the guy.

This is a fanbase that believes when Eberle was hurt, it was due to a losing culture. Yes. A losing culture.

This is a fanbase where people can look at a trade between two fourth rounders, admit they know nothing about the player they got, but become an expert based on two youtube clips and declare he is a waste of skates.

This is fanbase that believes that if you stick up for the team, you are sheep. If you don't want to trade everyone and fire everything, you are just a stupid blind homer.

This is a fanbase where people think Hall will demand a trade, even though he just signed a six year extension, again offering absolutely no proof of this but just pointless speculation. Based on "gut" feelings.

This is fanbase that constantly needs a whipping boy. Doesn't matter who, but there has to be a scapegoat.

This is a fanbase where people call the Oilers COilers, and still follow the team, even though they have the option to follow another team.

But the best one is that our fanbase is not happy with us being in the playoffs, and would rather tank for another top pick. Or the guys who aren't happy that the Oilers are remotely close to a playoff spot, anddeems everything a failure. There is no middle ground.

Yeah. The paper bag goes to the fanbase. It's embarassing to be an oilers fan because of how over dramatization of well, everything.
You heard it hear folks, its the fans fault, Thanks Mr. Tencer for dropping by, How is Bob and Rob doing?

Kidding

Seriously **** this management, **** Tambellina and especially **** you Kevin Lowe, Thanks for putting us in the mess. Oh and Daryl Katz **** you too for saying you were a fan of this team when you bought it. If you were a fan then you would do something about this mess and fire your old pal Kevin Lowe and his disciples Tambellina, MacT, Krueger and don't forget that that snake Kelly Buchberger who seems to have lasted as an assistant coach through 4 coaches now

Watch Tambo and Wreck it Ralph get fired and MacT will step right in to be both GM and Heach Coach cause thats the Oiler way, Continuing with the old boys club

The olds boys club will continue when Ryan Smyth and Shawn Horcoff will join and lead management in the future. The whole organization needs to be replaced with fresh new blood that isn't a former Oiler.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:25 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

-who here was ALIVE the last time the Oiler had home ice advantage? it's been 21 years

-who here knew the Oilers will be the ONLY team not to win the NW division?

-the Oilers have been treding water ever since they dumped the old-era Oiler and brought in the Doug Weight era

-I've never seen this team confortably in the playoffs at the 70 game mark...it's been a strugle since I can remember

-Don't blame finanaces either...Ottawa had no problem winning divisions year after year pre-2004

-2 playoff appearances in 12 years? that makes this once proud franchise look like an expansion team...

-7 year playoff drought...gonna match AT LEAST the Leafs in futility, maybe climb into 2nd longest playoff drought all-time

that takes a special kind of skill to suck that hard for so long...congratz Lowe!

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:26 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Ryan Smyth
You either retire a hero or play long enough to see yourself become the villain.
That is brilliant. And true. And sad.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Sacul

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
My rant:

Ryan Smyth

Sacul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
I didn't know Jay-Z posted on HF!

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
It's too late for that.. Last season would have been a good time to retire.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 03:57 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Take a good hard serious look and you realize the Oilers have always been a coil left in a toilet that needs flushing.
I'll go ahead and take exception to this.
Not only is it inaccurate (have always been) but it really has no place on an Oilers fan site.
Even in jest. Even in a rant thread.

And I never thought I'd find myself saying this, but the most accurate post in this thread belongs to Tad.

Last edited by harpoon: 04-12-2013 at 04:02 AM.
harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
I don't know exactly why anyone is arguing with Tad Mikowsky...and calling him Tencer for cripes sakes.

Pretty much every point he made is the truth, at least regarding this forum...and seemingly many of the callers to the sports shows.

Cannot blame the fans for the inadequate, backbone less play of the Oilers as of late BUT...pretty much every point that Tad makes is correct from what I've seen and heard lately.

Dorian2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I don't know exactly why anyone is arguing with Tad Mikowsky...and calling him Tencer for cripes sakes.

Pretty much every point he made is the truth, at least regarding this forum...and seemingly many of the callers to the sports shows.

Cannot blame the fans for the inadequate, backbone less play of the Oilers as of late BUT...pretty much every point that Tad makes is correct from what I've seen and heard lately.
Actually his whole post is a 'DUH'....

It describes just about every fan base of every team of every sport. He's just being narrow-minded and appears to say that people keep being polar and changing their minds. The reality is it isn't. It's a very large, diverse group of people with varying opinions on every subject hockey related..not a bunch of fans that keep ramping up and down.
I rarely see a fan say one thing and then shortly after say the opposite. As any large fan base there are many different people with different thoughts on different subjects.
How hard is that to understand without lumping everyone into an easy to understand group??

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote