HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Got a direct message from Jack Edwards on twitter

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 08:51 AM
mxpx27

vCash: 500
Got a direct message from Jack Edwards on twitter

I have been following Jack Edwards on twitter lately, and politely having fun on some of his tweets. Other days after the Habs win over the Bruins, I told him I would send him some Habs jerseys and an autographed photo of Subban LOL.

Last night I tweeted this in response to his Bruins tweet.

"@RealJackEdwards Habs back first in NE tonight, like it should be #GoHabsGo"

And I was surprised this morning when he sent me a direct message

"Hey, no doubt. Montreal is the better of these two teams. Hats off to Bergevin, Therrien, & Habs for tremendous bounce-back year. "

I was like wow! Pretty classy guy but at the same time I think he genuinely knows the Habs are better than the Bruins.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Godzilla

His twitter account was obviously hacked...

Old
04-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Lshap

Jack is 95% a great announcer. The 5% happens during those mini-strokes he has during some Habs games, when he starts blurting out conspiracy theories and seeing visions of 1979. But yeah, he's been very solicitous this season when it comes to the Habs and the opposition in general. The colour guy - whatsisname with the Bahston accent - is pretty good.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:28 AM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Jack is 95% a great announcer. The 5% happens during those mini-strokes he has during some Habs games, when he starts blurting out conspiracy theories and seeing visions of 1979. But yeah, he's been very solicitous this season when it comes to the Habs and the opposition in general. The colour guy - whatsisname with the Bahston accent - is pretty good.
i liked him until he said [i forget what players were involved] on a clean hit...a felonious hit... really a felony?? really??

Old
04-12-2013, 09:31 AM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

"Get up! Get up!"

Old
04-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Bob Cole

I've also started to hate him a lot less ever since i started following him on twitter. I think that he is a genuinely nice guy thats get carried away sometimes.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:38 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
yeah, he's confusing the hell out of me this year.

remember when he compared boston's win over montreal two years ago to the american revolution? good times...

the color guy, brickley or whatever, i just call him brick, is indeed very good. he's always trying to leash edward's crazy

Old
04-12-2013, 09:39 AM
coolasprICE

I like the mean jack..soft jack feels weird

Old
04-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Aceekay

Gtfo no way

Old
04-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Macs

Printscreen or it never happened

Old
04-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macs View Post
Printscreen or it never happened
Edwards has to be following him to send a DM I believe. So if he can prove Edwards if following him, we'd know it's true.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:50 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. And when that 5% happens it's just so over the top you can't really take him seriously.

When Alex Henry dropped the gloves that one game, Jack became so condescending it was atrocious.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:50 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Pics or it didn't happen.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:14 AM
mxpx27

Here you go everyone, I thought some of you would want proof. I was really surprised myself! Yup guess he is a closet Habs fan now
Attached Images
File Type: png jackedwards.png‎ (86.7 KB, 163 views)

Old
04-12-2013, 10:15 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpx27 View Post
Here you go everyone, I thought some of you would want proof. I was really surprised myself! Yup guess he is a closet Habs fan now
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Old
04-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Frankenheimer

I'm developing a soft spot for Edwards as well for some reason. Love the fact he's so passionate about the game and his intensity. Also don't mind he trolls us in real time, gets my blood flowing.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:17 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Edwards has to be following him to send a DM I believe. So if he can prove Edwards if following him, we'd know it's true.
I believe it is just the opposite. One you follow can DM you, but you cannot reply unless they follow you.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
I'm developing a soft spot for Edwards as well for some reason. Love the fact he's so passionate about the game and his intensity. Also don't mind he trolls us in real time, gets my blood flowing.
He is a big fan, like us, and it would be hard at times to stay neutral so to speak...like most announcers, he can be good, bad, or just plain ugly...

Bottom line he hates the Habs, and has a microphone to sound off...

Old
04-12-2013, 10:21 AM
mxpx27

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
I believe it is just the opposite. One you follow can DM you, but you cannot reply unless they follow you.
Exactly I tried to DM to thank him for his message and to chat, but I am not allowed....

Old
04-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

I feel like Edwards gets it worst than he should. He probably puts on a show when the tv's on, but deep down, even if he's a Bruins' fan, he runs around the league and watches hockey like everyone else and knows what's up. I wouldn't be surprised if he did say something like that.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Jack Edwards puts in the work into knowing about players of the other team and actually knows his hockey compares to other play by play guys. Issue is he was a die hard bruins fans and like Don Cherry some of the "hate" if you want to call it that is because while going up, or while coaching in Cherry's case the Habs dominated the Bruins.

I dislike is during fights and stuff he is so bias but It is what it is.

Also he takes the diving thing too far, but that goes to all of Boston and their media, they just keep repeating it and thinking its true, I guess when you get that shoved in your face you start to believe it.

I actually would love to see Jack Edwards do games that don't involve the Habs or Bruins, think he would be good.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I feel like Edwards gets it worst than he should. He probably puts on a show when the tv's on, but deep down, even if he's a Bruins' fan, he runs around the league and watches hockey like everyone else and knows what's up. I wouldn't be surprised if he did say something like that.
That's the name of the business. Ron Fournier is sounding like a perfect moron on his radio show most of the time.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:28 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

I watched the last few minutes of the Bruins game against NYI and he was quite honest about Boston. He mentioned the misconception that the B's are a fast team as they are clearly not. He's a homer announcer that loves his team. He also knows how much his viewers hate the Habs. That makes for some outlandish situations, but in the end he's an entertainer. If he did Habs games, I'm sure I'd enjoy the broadcasts.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:35 AM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Not necessarily i used t use twitter i was responding to Jamie McLennan's tweets and he Direct Msged me a response, and he wasn't following me.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

What a ****ing Ballerina

Closed Thread