HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Who should we draft?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2013, 09:38 PM
  #51
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,199
vCash: 562
After reading up on Nurse and ristolinen I certainly wouldn't be opposed to drafting either of them. I guess that's the perk of being in the top ten, is that you're basically going to choose someone at the top of the rankings for their position. Even though I'd rather get a forward, the dmen that would be available would be top notch.

Soundgarden is online now  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:07 AM
  #52
JFG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Go with Lindholm


JFG is online now  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:17 AM
  #53
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFG View Post
Go with Lindholm

My gut tells me that's who we go with, should he be available. We know that we spend a lot of time scouting Sweden, and Lucas Bergman's opinion holds a lot of weight with David Poile.

Lindholm is a very "Predators" player. Two-way center, great defensive game, very good offensive game. Could be the center for Filip Forsberg, especially since Lindholm is more of a playmaker and FF is more of a sniper.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:09 AM
  #54
SavageSteve
Registered User
 
SavageSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Do we ahave a second rounder this year? If so, I'd like to see this guy fall to us there: Nikita Zadorov, D, London, OHL and listed as 'a massive (6-foot-5, 229-pound) frame, a nasty disposition and the potential to become a dominating shutdown presence'. That sounds like someone we could REALLY use in the system with so many puck-movers on D. The first obviously has to be offense considering our troubles; but see's this guy as more of a need in the system beyond the forwards.

SavageSteve is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:17 AM
  #55
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,141
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
Do we ahave a second rounder this year? If so, I'd like to see this guy fall to us there: Nikita Zadorov, D, London, OHL and listed as 'a massive (6-foot-5, 229-pound) frame, a nasty disposition and the potential to become a dominating shutdown presence'. That sounds like someone we could REALLY use in the system with so many puck-movers on D. The first obviously has to be offense considering our troubles; but see's this guy as more of a need in the system beyond the forwards.
as of right now we do not have a second round pick

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
  #56
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
If Drouin is there then we can't pass him up. Barkov would also be a great pick but I think Lindholm or Monahan are the most realistic guys at this point.

alexmanu is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:29 AM
  #57
SavageSteve
Registered User
 
SavageSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
as of right now we do not have a second round pick
I could see Poile trading for one at the draft then if he falls then much like he did with Josi....

SavageSteve is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:03 AM
  #58
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Argentina
Posts: 23,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
I could see Poile trading for one at the draft then if he falls then much like he did with Josi....
The only way I see us gathering a 2nd rounder is if we win the draft lottery, that's the only way we trade down imho

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:06 AM
  #59
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
The only way I see us gathering a 2nd rounder is if we win the draft lottery, that's the only way we trade down imho
Or we could trade a player, that's not out of the question.

alexmanu is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
  #60
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Argentina
Posts: 23,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Or we could trade a player, that's not out of the question.
who would give up a 2nd round draft pick for ? (excluding our core, Wilson, Josi, Weber, Pekka, etc would give us a 2nd rounder for) Maybe Colorado ?

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:29 AM
  #61
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
If Drouin is there then we can't pass him up. Barkov would also be a great pick but I think Lindholm or Monahan are the most realistic guys at this point.
Drouin's going no later than 3, most likely 2.

Unless we trade up, that's probably not going to happen for us.

If we finish below 6 or 7, I would rather us either trade up into the top five or trade down a couple of spots and try to gain a second. 7-12 or so is basically a lot of similarly leveled players, and primarily defensemen.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
  #62
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,704
vCash: 500
I really don't want a defenseman. We have a great 2 defenseman locked up for the next 5+ or will soon, we have Klein locked up, fill in the rest, we have a great goalie locked up long term, we an elite winger and and elite center. When we have these things, we willl be true contenders.

triggrman is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 11:29 AM
  #63
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,141
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I really don't want a defenseman. We have a great 2 defenseman locked up for the next 5+ or will soon, we have Klein locked up, fill in the rest, we have a great goalie locked up long term, we an elite winger and and elite center. When we have these things, we willl be true contenders.
If there is a forward or center on the board who is considered "elite" and Poile passes on them to draft a defenseman I think there will be rioting in the streets...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:07 PM
  #64
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Drouin's going no later than 3, most likely 2.

Unless we trade up, that's probably not going to happen for us.

If we finish below 6 or 7, I would rather us either trade up into the top five or trade down a couple of spots and try to gain a second. 7-12 or so is basically a lot of similarly leveled players, and primarily defensemen.
There's part of me that wants us to tank so bad so we have a chance at Drouin, that kid is a special player.

alexmanu is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:30 PM
  #65
CraigsGotHandles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
There's part of me that wants us to tank so bad so we have a chance at Drouin, that kid is a special player.
Looking at the standings, most of the teams below us have games in hand and our roster is essentially a playoff caliber AHL team.. I don't think we are gonna have to go too far out of our way to tank.. But Drouin is a bad man and he will be long gone by the time we pick, I'm guessing 5 or 6. Given our two way swede fetish I'd say Lindholm is a lock if hes on the board when we pick.

CraigsGotHandles is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 01:46 PM
  #66
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigsGotHandles View Post
Looking at the standings, most of the teams below us have games in hand and our roster is essentially a playoff caliber AHL team.. I don't think we are gonna have to go too far out of our way to tank.. But Drouin is a bad man and he will be long gone by the time we pick, I'm guessing 5 or 6. Given our two way swede fetish I'd say Lindholm is a lock if hes on the board when we pick.
I wouldn't mind Lindholm, but man Drouin is a badass!

alexmanu is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 02:20 PM
  #67
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
If there is a forward or center on the board who is considered "elite" and Poile passes on them to draft a defenseman I think there will be rioting in the streets...
We said the same thing when he drafted Ellis though.

triggrman is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 02:55 PM
  #68
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
We said the same thing when he drafted Ellis though.
the problem was that Ellis was BPA by a fair margin at the time. The next best forward was Zach Kassian, who was considered a project that was as likely to end up an enforcer as he was a power forward.

In hindsite, if we were going to take a defenseman, it's too bad we didn't take Nick Leddy instead.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 03:32 PM
  #69
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,704
vCash: 500
I think most of us thought Ellis was too small to be a regular NHL defenseman and thus far, we've not looked wrong.

He was much better early this season before the pounding that is the NHL started.

triggrman is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 04:02 PM
  #70
Webersmashpuck
Registered User
 
Webersmashpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 1088
If we win the lottery I would be incredibly happy. I would see us getting Barkov, with a 2nd and maybe 1st next year for trading down to about 4th.

Webersmashpuck is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 04:04 PM
  #71
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,215
vCash: 500
If we win the lottery Poile will draft Jones, and then flip him for Lindholm in July

__________________
She runs through my veins like a long, black river, and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm.
ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 04:05 PM
  #72
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If we win the lottery Poile will draft Jones, and then flip him for Lindholm in July
As much as Jones is a great player and everything, I will be MAD if we don't go offense with our first pick.

alexmanu is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 04:06 PM
  #73
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Argentina
Posts: 23,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I think most of us thought Ellis was too small to be a regular NHL defenseman and thus far, we've not looked wrong.

He was much better early this season before the pounding that is the NHL started.
Terry on Extra Crispy hammered that point home right there ... He may be done as an NHL caliber Dman, what a wasted pick that turned out to be, unless he's able to play forward.

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 04:16 PM
  #74
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
Ellis can still be awesome. He has barely even played much NHL time. I like him a lot still.



I think poile may be in a blockbuster mood this draft/offseason for first time in a long time. We may be surprised, pleasantly surprised this offseason. Poile knows how bad we need a sniper and with several available in an awesome top heavy draft. He will be looking to make moves.

Also, bench rinne rest of season, play smith, hellberg or whatever. He need losses guys!!

maplepred is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 04:23 PM
  #75
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,199
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Terry on Extra Crispy hammered that point home right there ... He may be done as an NHL caliber Dman, what a wasted pick that turned out to be, unless he's able to play forward.
What? He may be done as an NHL defensman? He's barely had a chance to play at all. No way am I buying that. He's got a great hockey sense, he'll adapt and make a niche for himself.

Soundgarden is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.