HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2013, 02:31 PM
  #1
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Continue here.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
  #2
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,457
vCash: 597
Still hoping we come out of this draft with at least 1 of the following:

Solid top 6 LW prospect
Solid top 2 line C prospect
Quality G prospect
Toughness that can play in a top 9 role

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 02:48 PM
  #3
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Still hoping we come out of this draft with at least 1 of the following:

Solid top 6 LW prospect
Solid top 2 line C prospect
Quality G prospect
Toughness that can play in a top 9 role
Carrier, Poirier, Hogberg, Rychel/Hartman?

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 02:57 PM
  #4
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Still hoping we come out of this draft with at least 1 of the following:

Solid top 6 LW prospect
Solid top 2 line C prospect
Quality G prospect
Toughness that can play in a top 9 role
So, pretty much our top 4 picks and the rest are bonuses ?

Analyzer is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:09 PM
  #5
parachutist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
wishlist:

1st- Morin/Zykov/Horvat

2nd- Bailey/Theodore/Petan

2nd- Subban/Lehkonen/Heatherington

2nd- Moutrey/Carrier/Pesche

3rd- Dano/Cehlarik/Nastasiuk

3rd- Lees/Tambellini/Wallmark/Lipon

parachutist is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:10 PM
  #6
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
As long as we draft Subban, I'm gonna be happy

Lebowski is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:14 PM
  #7
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parachutist View Post
wishlist:

1st- Morin/Zykov/Horvat

2nd- Bailey/Theodore/Petan

2nd- Subban/Lehkonen/Heatherington

2nd- Moutrey/Carrier/Pesche

3rd- Dano/Cehlarik/Nastasiuk

3rd- Lees/Tambellini/Wallmark/Lipon
I would love some Lehkonen ! I feel we miss some euros in our prospect pool ? We have Collberg as a renowned prospect and nothing else !(We can see more players at the WJC )

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM
  #8
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I would love some Lehkonen ! I feel we miss some euros in our prospect pool ? We have Collberg as a renowned prospect and nothing else !(We can see more players at the WJC )
Don't worry.. I'm Mocking for the Habs in the Board draft this year. All Euros, all the time!

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:23 PM
  #9
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Don't worry.. I'm Mocking for the Habs in the Board draft this year. All Euros, all the time!
Don Cherry cringes somewhere in his red and white pyjamas

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
  #10
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,457
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Hogberg
I have no idea who this is.

OK, now I found him...Marcus Hogberg? Classic mammoth Scandinavian goalie.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:25 PM
  #11
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I have no idea who this is.
Typical Nashville Predators swedish goalie pick.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:25 PM
  #12
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I have no idea who this is.
He's a puck HOGger.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:26 PM
  #13
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
I don't know if a prospect goalie is as much of a need as it was last draft since we've traded for Tokarski not so long ago, but why not sign a guy like Marcoux? He's been the best, or one of the best, keeper in the Q the last two seasons and he's still undrafted.

Lebowski is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:28 PM
  #14
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I don't know if a prospect goalie is as much of a need as it was last draft since we've traded for Tokarski not so long ago, but why not sign a guy like Marcoux? He's been the best, or one of the best, keeper in the Q the last two seasons and he's still undrafted.
The more the merrier. I doubt Tokarski can ever become a starter, if we land one that becomes a starter, we can always flip him for something else.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 04:21 PM
  #15
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,447
vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I don't know if a prospect goalie is as much of a need as it was last draft since we've traded for Tokarski not so long ago, but why not sign a guy like Marcoux? He's been the best, or one of the best, keeper in the Q the last two seasons and he's still undrafted.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should do everything in our power to get Marcoux. Hopefully he doesn't get drafted again and we can sign him, but that probably won't happen so we should draft him somewhere between the mid 5th and 7th round.

JayKing is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 11:37 PM
  #16
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,457
vCash: 597
Sportsnet one will have the Kitchener @ London Game 5 on Friday night.

Domi, Zadorov, Horvat vs Bailey among 2013 draftees.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 11:56 PM
  #17
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Would love Lazar, Duclair, Subban and Zykov in the top two rounds

Ginu is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 05:54 AM
  #18
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Still hoping we come out of this draft with at least 1 of the following:

Solid top 6 LW prospect
Solid top 2 line C prospect
Quality G prospect
Toughness that can play in a top 9 role
That would be an ideal scenario, but I prefer TT using the top 4 picks for BPA unless it's a toss up, then you chose the better fit. Would hate to draft a guy early for need and miss out on a future all-star.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 05:55 AM
  #19
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Would love Lazar, Duclair, Subban and Zykov in the top two rounds
Duclair and Subban with our bottom 2 2nds is possible, I think Lazar will be gone before our 1st and Zykov is 50-50 to get to the Calgary pick.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 06:54 AM
  #20
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parachutist View Post
wishlist:

1st- Morin/Zykov/Horvat

2nd- Bailey/Theodore/Petan

2nd- Subban/Lehkonen/Heatherington

2nd- Moutrey/Carrier/Pesche

3rd- Dano/Cehlarik/Nastasiuk

3rd- Lees/Tambellini/Wallmark/Lipon
Might be because we don't see him play enough, but Dano doesn't get enough love on here. He's a very complete player and he's fiesty. He reminds me of Sobotka. Not the biggest guy, but always on the puck and very tough.

7 points in 37 games in the KHL, that's pretty good for an 18 year old kid.

For example, big Yaroslav Kosov had 7 points in 40 games, and he's older.

QuebecPride is online now  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:16 AM
  #21
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Duclair and Subban with our bottom 2 2nds is possible, I think Lazar will be gone before our 1st and Zykov is 50-50 to get to the Calgary pick.
Wasn't Zykov a big riser in the rankings? I thought I saw him @ 12 for the North American skaters.

I'd be happy if we drafted him with our first.

Lebowski is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:46 AM
  #22
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Wasn't Zykov a big riser in the rankings? I thought I saw him @ 12 for the North American skaters.

I'd be happy if we drafted him with our first.
The Calgary pick will be 31-35. I expect him to go anywhere from 21-35. Russian factor could push him down.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:58 AM
  #23
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That would be an ideal scenario, but I prefer TT using the top 4 picks for BPA unless it's a toss up, then you chose the better fit. Would hate to draft a guy early for need and miss out on a future all-star.
Yes, especially when we have no real weakness.(Apart from toughness in our forward group and Goaltending )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Wasn't Zykov a big riser in the rankings? I thought I saw him @ 12 for the North American skaters.

I'd be happy if we drafted him with our first.
Zykov should go in the early teens IMO.


Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Might be because we don't see him play enough, but Dano doesn't get enough love on here. He's a very complete player and he's fiesty. He reminds me of Sobotka. Not the biggest guy, but always on the puck and very tough.

7 points in 37 games in the KHL, that's pretty good for an 18 year old kid.

For example, big Yaroslav Kosov had 7 points in 40 games, and he's older.
He does look good. Lack of exposure could let him slip to the late second/early third round, I hope we could take a flyer!

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:02 AM
  #24
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yes, especially when we have no real weakness.(Apart from toughness in our forward group and Goaltending )



Zykov should go in the early teens IMO.




He does look good. Lack of exposure could let him slip to the late second/early third round, I hope we could take a flyer!
The Russian factor can't be discounted though(Zykov). Plus from 20-40 there is a solid group that is pretty close.

Didn't Dano play at the WJHC? I remember noticing him there so that would get him a lot of exposure.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:27 AM
  #25
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The Russian factor can't be discounted though(Zykov).
Dude.

The Russian factor affects players... in Russia.

There's no russian factor for foreign kid already playing in the CHL, and I might add, small markets like Baie-Comeau in particular.

VanNistelrooy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.