HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#40| Apr. 11, 2013| Senators at Flyers| 7:00 p.m. ET

Old
04-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

vCash: 500
For letting nothing but two breakaway goals past him, Bryz looked incredibly shaky and unfocused. Lost track of the puck, terrible rebound control, but he still made enough saves to keep 'em in the game. I don't know if that's good or bad, that's just my observations from the game.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:02 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Alfie's goal summed up the season perfectly, besides the empty net joke:

lot of hustle and hard work and action on Giroux's part....just couldn't get it done.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:32 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
For letting nothing but two breakaway goals past him, Bryz looked incredibly shaky and unfocused. Lost track of the puck, terrible rebound control, but he still made enough saves to keep 'em in the game. I don't know if that's good or bad, that's just my observations from the game.
His rebound control wasn't very good this game but I didn't think he looked shaky at all. He was very aggressive all game and I liked it. Even the first goal against he tried the poke check and just missed. its pretty evident that he sucks at breakaways but what I can't understand is why the team the continues to let up several every game. additionally it seems as if the flyers rarely get breakaways themselves (and I think that's how it's suppose to be). Im sure some of that is cause of the d but i would be very interested in a ratio of breakaways for vs agaisnt cause it seems pretty ridiculous at this point. IMHO Bryz, Gags, Knuble and Voracek all had pretty good games. The rest of the team was a no show. In particular I was very disappointed in Kimmo and G (even though he acores the only goal) this game. I'm not hating on anyone but I still expected more even though I know the team sucks

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
Are we still bad fans if we just want to tank and get a better draft position now???
No, just perceptive. The team's been giving us that direction for weeks now.

Any realistic hope went out the window when Mesz, Grossmann, Coburn and Talbot all got hurt in the same week.

Now it's time to rest Timonen and anyone else who is playing hurt, cut Luke's minutes, call up Syvret and let the kids play. Give Mason some starts, but we don't want any more winning streaks. Have to stay below Nash, Buff, etc. and in the top 6-7 picks if possible.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 08:39 AM

vCash: 50
I hate this season for actively making me not want us to equalise at the end. There's no point us winning any games for the rest of the year, let's just draft high for once.

Ludicrous performance by the forwards lately. 1 last night, 1 the game before, 1 the game before. It's a miracle we've got anyone near PPG.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
haha... right, i forgot do not question the BRYZ.
i'm sorry, but did i miss our 3 breakaway chances vs OTT? when did they happen? surely we must have had 2 within the 1st 10 minutes, right??

and, of course, we must have had a breakaway while on the PP, they happen ALL the time, i must have jusat missed it, right ?

the difference in the game: we got out worked AGAIN & Lehner was BARELY tested all game.

but. yoiu go ahead & blame Bryz. im sure its alot more comforting to you, instead of blaming your heros

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 11:31 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
but. yoiu go ahead & blame Bryz. im sure its alot more comforting to you, instead of blaming your heros
Leighton? No he's not on the team anymore...

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote