HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Perhaps it is time to begin this discussion - Rangers @ Isles 4/13

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Worthwhile conversation about the lines, as usual...considering they are set in stone and wont change the entire game.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:51 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Worthwhile conversation about the lines, as usual...considering they are set in stone and wont change the entire game.
Ugh! Enough with your sensibility and logic around here.

Away with you, scoundrel!

As long as Nash and Stepan stay together, I couldn't give two ****s about what the rest of the lines look like, because as BRB says, they will change quite often.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:54 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Ugh Boyle on 2nd line? Pyatt still in lineup? Terrible.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Richards - Fasth
Kreider/Hrivik - Brassard - Cally
Powe/Asham - Boyle - Zucc

Speed/skill/grit on every line. That is the kind of depth that you go deep in the playoffs with. People may argue Zucc on the fourth line but he and Boyle had chemistry last season and having him playing against other team's bottom pairings will only benefit him. Plus he still gets 1st unit PP time. And yes, I think Fasth is ready. He has been playing against men for 3 full seasons now. Without Fasth (injured?) you move Zucc back to 2nd line and plug whoever down there.

BTW... Isles are 9-11-2 at home, 12-5-2 on the road. Very unusual to have that type of disparity in home/away records.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:57 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
Torts has been pretty good with keeping the lines consistent for the most part this season. Last year was ridiculous with the line juggling.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

idt it's boyle on the 2nd line so much as richards on the 3rd tbh...

Old
04-12-2013, 11:14 AM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Richards - Fasth

Speed/skill/grit on every line. That is the kind of depth that you go deep in the playoffs with. People may argue Zucc on the fourth line but he and Boyle had chemistry last season and having him playing against other team's bottom pairings will only benefit him. Plus he still gets 1st unit PP time. And yes, I think Fasth is ready. He has been playing against men for 3 full seasons now. Without Fasth (injured?) you move Zucc back to 2nd line and plug whoever down there.

BTW... Isles are 9-11-2 at home, 12-5-2 on the road. Very unusual to have that type of disparity in home/away records.
How is this guy (Pyatt) still in the lineup??? How long do we have to wait to figure out he is NOT contributing anything on the ice anymore?!?! Is there no one in Connecticut who can bring some energy, speed, grittiness to the 4th line?

Old
04-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
How is this guy (Pyatt) still in the lineup??? How long do we have to wait to figure out he is NOT contributing anything on the ice anymore?!?! Is there no one in Connecticut who can bring some energy, speed, grittiness to the 4th line?
The answer is pretty simple. The Rangers have done an awful job of developing bottom 6 forwards from within. And an even more awful job of importing them

Old
04-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
Is there no one in Connecticut who can bring some energy, speed, grittiness to the 4th line?
Stu Bickell?

Old
04-12-2013, 11:21 AM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
Going by performance as of late, that 3rd line should be the second line.
It should be the second line WITH NO DOUBT!!! They deserve more ice time than Brad "wade" Richards' line, but that line has Torts' boys so it will probably get more ice time that Brassards line.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:23 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Richards - Fasth

That ain't happening fasth hasn't even played a game in the nhl and you think torts is going play him in the last two weeks. Kreider isn't even being chosen and he's scored in playoff games. Lol

Old
04-12-2013, 11:27 AM
hunter7isles

Quote:

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Richards - Fasth

I think home/away records can be thrown out the door at this game. I'm sure this will basically be a 50/50 split. Good luck to you guys! As you can imagine, we're amped up as Isles fans as this is probably our biggest game in about 6 years.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Greg NYR

havent had that nervous feeling in my stomach before a ranger/islander in a long time, feels great, would love to see clowe get in and bang a little bit and hoping nash can play like he did last time on the island

Old
04-12-2013, 11:38 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
I get that.

The question is why even start the game that way?

Before the final buzzer sounds, we are going to see no less than 15 different combo's. The dude is OCD in that regards.

But why start the game line that.

Boyle has limited ability as an offensive player. He's barely a 3rd liner winger, why start the game off with him in an offensive role.

We are a team that struggles to score goals. We should be finding ways to change that. Boyle on the 2nd line is a waste of time in a game that we can ill afford to waste time experimenting with Brian effing Boyle at 2nd line RW.

If this was game 41 in a full season? no issues. Game 41 in a 48 game season? Not the time to waste time.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen North View Post
Stu Bickell?
Holy ****, I totally forgot about Bickel.

Thanks for reminding me.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Leetch66

Look at the Isles roster....and look at ours...we have some guys that should be doing a gut check at this point . It ticks me off that this game even means anything ...our coaching staff and upper management should be ashamed of this . Isles 4-1 . Hey....they have it going and with us...who would know...they could come out and play like it is the 2nd game of the year and not really care how they play . It is as simple as that . The hungry team will win...

Old
04-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Malarowski

vCash: 822
Does anybody know of any viewing parties or could recommend a bar where I could watch the game? Flying puck was nice, but very limited seating available. Tickets sitting at $300 is a bit crazy.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
idt it's boyle on the 2nd line so much as richards on the 3rd tbh...
Yea this is how I'm hoping it is. I hope the Richards line gets 3rd line minutes and the Brassard line gets 2nd line minutes. At the worst I hope the Brassard line gets as much time as the Richards line.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Wolfy

Top 3 lines dont matter much because Torts keeps changing them all the time during games. Zucc doesn't belong on the 4th line, thats nonsense.

But the Hagelin-Brassard-Zuccarello line looked very good, lots of speed.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:05 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
... Last year was ridiculous with the line juggling.
You mean the year we got the 1st seed in the East?

Old
04-12-2013, 12:10 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Boyle on the 2nd line. AWESOME.

@AGrossRecord: #NYR practice lines: Nash-Stepan-Callahan (same), Clowe-Richards-Boyle, Hagelin-Brassard-Zuccarello, Pyatt-Powe-Asham (same).
What the **** Torts?

Old
04-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
What the **** Torts?
This is actually better because Richards isn't generating offense no matter who his wings are. Hags and Brass will succeed with Zook over Boyle. And give Brass' line more minutes.

Let's not just win, let's humble this loser franchise. Time to restor order.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:36 PM
NYR Viper

I love how people freak out about Boyle moving up. Clowe and Boyle actually have good chemistry on the PP. Why not try them out together? (2) big bodies to create space.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Cmox

Lines mean nothing with Torts. I swear he only makes lines to figure out who's in the lineup.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
This is actually better because Richards isn't generating offense no matter who his wings are. Hags and Brass will succeed with Zook over Boyle. And give Brass' line more minutes.

Let's not just win, let's humble this loser franchise. Time to restor order.
Ahh I get it. He's putting all the underachievers together to prevent them from dragging down the other lines.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Ahh I get it. He's putting all the underachievers together to prevent them from dragging down the other lines.
Should be Pyatt Richards Boyle.

No chance of scoring but no other lines hurt.

Closed Thread