HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Vhl 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 11:46 AM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
you know you compared VHL to EBEL, right?
I know it's useless to argue with you, but we can start it here. Do you know how many teams there actually is in the VHL and how many in the EBEL? If VHL would assemble it's best talant in 10 rosters I'd start to see some VHL superiority but know it's too watered down to think VHL on average is so much better than anything EBEl can offer. It's nonsense.

Now please, try to actually build a case for VHL's quality with some arguments, facts or hypothesis, because I'm well aware we don't have enough material to go on.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:54 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Your argument with 85-90 mil rubles is NONSENSE in this season. As you know, info is from previous season, when minimal budget was 70 mil rubles, now is 100 mil rubles. How can teams have less money that minimum?

I dont care where they spend that budget. SKA had also much bigger budget that they needed, right?
It's not my argument, it was taken from the link you provided. I do understand it's bigger now but how much bigger can it be? I just find it surprising how you quote someone to make a point and yet you call something the same person said just few moments later NONSENSE.

Well, you don't care and it shows.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:59 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
It's not my argument, it was taken from the link you provided. I do understand it's bigger now but how much bigger can it be? I just find it surprising how you quote someone to make a point and yet you call something the same person said just few moments later NONSENSE.

Well, you don't care and it shows.
re-read it again. You are using infos from 2011/12, I am saying about this season.

Minimal budget for this season - 100 mil. rubles (2,5 mil.euro) Last season it was 70 mil.rubles (1,7 mil.euro).

Old
04-12-2013, 05:44 PM
metmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
I know it's useless to argue with you, but we can start it here. Do you know how many teams there actually is in the VHL and how many in the EBEL? If VHL would assemble it's best talant in 10 rosters I'd start to see some VHL superiority but know it's too watered down to think VHL on average is so much better than anything EBEl can offer. It's nonsense.

Now please, try to actually build a case for VHL's quality with some arguments, facts or hypothesis, because I'm well aware we don't have enough material to go on.
From what I see, top VHL teams operate at budgets with 10million dollars, more than Slovak and even some other top nations. So just from the budget we can say that it is better.

But if you want to look at just the hockey aspect, top VHL teams have up and coming prospects filling the roster and some really good players even. They are able to attract players like Krocak, Hult and Wargh and even better domestic Russians. And have guys like Nichushkin, Golubev, Gusev, and many other prospects that cant make stacked KHL teams but certainly have loads of KHL-level talent.

To me VHL>EBEL is a no-brainer

Old
04-12-2013, 06:05 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
re-read it again. You are using infos from 2011/12, I am saying about this season.

Minimal budget for this season - 100 mil. rubles (2,5 mil.euro) Last season it was 70 mil.rubles (1,7 mil.euro).
So what? Re-read it yourself, the spokesman said 85-90kk budget is a decent one for the VHL team. Yes, it was last year so maybe it's 110-120kk this season. But it would be crazy to say it's 4 times more one year later. There are they same players and the same teams playing.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:28 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
From what I see, top VHL teams operate at budgets with 10million dollars, more than Slovak and even some other top nations. So just from the budget we can say that it is better.

But if you want to look at just the hockey aspect, top VHL teams have up and coming prospects filling the roster and some really good players even. They are able to attract players like Krocak, Hult and Wargh and even better domestic Russians. And have guys like Nichushkin, Golubev, Gusev, and many other prospects that cant make stacked KHL teams but certainly have loads of KHL-level talent.

To me VHL>EBEL is a no-brainer
There are you getting this info about the size of the budget from? It's obviously not true. VHL teams don't really have up andcoming prospects unless they are sent down from the KHL . By Krocak I guess you mean Kovac but these three you listed are actually the only decent foreigners in the league.

Todd Perry for example, who plays on the Sary-Arka and is arguably their best defenseman was an ECHL player not able to crack the AHL while EBEL has guys like Benoit Gratton or Rob Schremp who were one little step away from playing in the NHL on regular basis; Bernard Starkbaum played in the EBEL for years and became one of the best Eliteserien goalies after moving to MODO; and there's Kristan, and Lakos and others who would obviously be a legit KHL players while the ones playing in the VHL failed to make KHL, prospects aside. Even Belarus Extraliga has 3 VHL caliber teams so that speaks volumes.

It turns out VHL is soooo overrated here.

Last edited by SoundAndFury: 04-13-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old
04-12-2013, 06:52 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
So what? Re-read it yourself, the spokesman said 85-90kk budget is a decent one for the VHL team. Yes, it was last year so maybe it's 110-120kk this season. But it would be crazy to say it's 4 times more one year later. There are they same players and the same teams playing.
I recommend you to read what I wrote. I have never claim that all VHL clubs have budget of 10 mil euro, I said about one or two clubs. If you dont believe that Rubin had/could afford such budget, I have to accept your point of view, even I dont agree with it.

Last edited by vorky: 04-12-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 11:01 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
I'm capable of seeing where Tyumen burns their cash. They easily could have the most expensive playing squad (whether those players are overpaid is irrelevant), they have MHL team, second team in RHL and full compliment of youth teams of every age. If they would have better arena and they would tighten up with their spending they could easily be Novokuznetsk's of the big league. As for Toros I can't see the 10M budget, they simply are taking advantage of Ufa's proximity.

Still no doubt Lada's representative is hyperboling the budgets of other clubs to make his failures of past seasons look smaller.

Old
04-13-2013, 02:30 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
VHL teams don't really have up andcoming prospects unless they are sent down from the KHL . By Krocak I guess you mean Kovac but these three you listed are actually the only decent foreigners in the league.

It turns out VHL is soooo overrated here.
Im not claiming it to be better or worse but I totally disagree on it being overrated. Obviously, how else would a high end prospect be there, it is a feeder league to the KHL, and the KHL drafts high end guys from independent teams like Slepyshev.. I have watched a number of games this year and I was impressed with many of the players individual skill sets. Put it this way, there is more flow and connected passes than you'll find in an AHL game. Only thing that was lower quality than I expected was goaltending. Overall, solid league.

IMO great stepping stone for young Russian guys to develop who are too good for MHL. No better place for skillled guys like Yakimov, Nichushkin, Shalunov, Sigaryov, Gusev, Shenfeld and others to have developed their game this year.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:49 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I have watched a number of games this year and I was impressed with many of the players individual skill sets. Put it this way, there is more flow and connected passes than you'll find in an AHL game. Only thing that was lower quality than I expected was goaltending. Overall, solid league.
That's truw so let's put it this way then, the other leagues of the world, like EBEL are being so underrated here. VHL is a solid league for the most part but so are the other leagues. VHL > EBEL argument is completely biased.

On the side note, I moved our discussion to the more fitting setting because it had nothing to do with the KHL expansion anymore.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:18 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Toros is spanking saryarka

Old
04-26-2013, 10:05 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Toros is about to take lead in the series....quite a series!

Old
04-26-2013, 02:10 PM
airbus1094

Love how Saryraka has higher attendance numbers then Barys, lol.

Closed Thread