HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Milan Lucic

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2013, 10:40 AM
  #101
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,787
vCash: 500
Lucic-Krejci-Seguin.... problem solved. Seguins' speed forces Lucic to gallop up the ice to keep up. He's played some great games with the speedy Seguin playing opposite his wing.

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:49 AM
  #102
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,047
vCash: 500
Lucic made a play in the Islanders game that summarizes my issue with him to a t. In the offensive zone he makes a nice slashing cut, and decides he wants to try to make a cross ice backhand pass to Jagr (I believe) which obviously resulted in a turnover. It's the lowest percentage play of all the options in front of him. I don't care if he's injured or not, you can be smarter. He's been playing NHL hockey long enough to know this play isn't going to work more than 10% of the time for him. There's no shame in putting that puck deep in behind the net and chasing after it. Paille and Campbell do, he's got to understand that his hands are only marginally better than theirs (if that).

RedeyeRocketeer is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
  #103
reidy
@reidjjackson
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlestown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 4m
Forwards on for optional practice today: 18, 16, 22, 38, 37, 29, 68; Defensemen: 55, 43, 33, 45, 27, 54; Khudobin on as well^CS

17 conspicuously absent. Rest up big guy, you've earned it.

reidy is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 11:02 AM
  #104
OutspokenMinority
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I've been saying it all year, if you want his goal production to increase you need to take him off of Krejci's line. There's a reason he gels with Seguin, Seguin is a North/South player who likes to get the puck on net, lots of opportunity for Lucic to clean up out front or use his size to find space near the net and bang in a rebound.
Agreed. Krejci is a South/South/Souther player and when he does have an opportunity to shoot, it's quite funny watching how much it pains him. He's almost Kaberle-esque in his unwillingness/inability to shoot. It looks like he's using a street hockey blade sometimes with the way the stick just kind of "blehs".

I have always believed that this "system" enables this type of behavior, and that most of their turnovers recently have been because of this exact approach - backwards whenever possible... too risky to make a move to try to go forward because it might fail. It just numbs them to death and they lose creativity, but this was said years ago and they won the Cup, so the question becomes, did they win the Cup that year primarily because of the system, or did they win the Cup because of a combination of the greatest goaltending performance of all time, plus the extra incentive of coming off of an epic, 3 games to zero, 3 goals to zero collapse, knowing that any under-performance would result in wholesale changes to the organization from top to bottom?

It's trending towards the latter.

Sweet goal by Seggy last night though. Who else on the team makes that shot? Exactly nobody. Well maybe Jagr now from the other side. His release is nasty.

OutspokenMinority is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 11:04 AM
  #105
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.
 
Twisted Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
PS Is there some kind of personal issue between Lucic and Marchand ?

I have never seen these guys even say a word to each other.
Why would you think that? Just because they don't talk to each other in front of the media, doesn't mean they hate each other.

Twisted Tales is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 11:50 AM
  #106
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,816
vCash: 50
Looch looked really depressed last night.

Anyone saying he has no heart is wrong. It bothers him when he isn't playing well.

Not sure what is wrong. He needs his confidence and swagger back.

I wonder if Looch is playing with an injury ? We won't know I guess.

I think he needs a couple of good games to start feeling good about himself again.

I really like Looch.

__________________
It's going to be a long Summer.
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 11:52 AM
  #107
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER
 
Greek_physique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Greece
Posts: 18,000
vCash: 50
I like the idea of Lucic | Krejci | Seguin

Reminds me of the Lucic | Savard | Kessel line back in the day.

__________________
-Nikos
Greek_physique is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:02 PM
  #108
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,586
vCash: 500
Julien puts onus on Lucic to provide pop Bruins need

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2013/04...p-bruins-need/

Quote:
Its not a good pace. Its just one of those things where Milan has to do it, pick up his game and get his feet going and get the game that has made him popular going, the coach said after an optional practice Friday. And like I said, you push guys and you try and do things for them, but at the same time the biggest difference maker is him. And thats going to be up to him and were very hopeful that hes going to start doing that.

Kaoz is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  #109
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 34,655
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
4th or 5th Bruin called out this year?

Poor Julien...he must be going nuts with this effort from a certain group of players..

WBC8 is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:07 PM
  #110
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
I like the idea of Lucic | Krejci | Seguin

Reminds me of the Lucic | Savard | Kessel line back in the day.
Give me Lucic - Kelly - Seguin, or Lucic - Seguin - Horton any day of the week over that.

If you want Lucic to look sharper partnering him with the center that looks to mail it in at least half the time he's on the ice (either because he does or because that's just his game) probably isn't the way to go.

Kaoz is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:22 PM
  #111
sandtoorr
Registered User
 
sandtoorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 625
vCash: 500
I'm not even sure this is a legit stat, but I wanted to see how the team ranks in shots per minute on the ice. I think this verifies what most of us have noticed all season long with the eye test (as far as Lucic).

This doesn't factor in shorthanded time, and the probabilty of less shots during that time. If that were adjusted I would think that you'd see a bump for those on the kill alot (including Campbell in Kelly).

1. Seguin ... 5.28 (so he shoots the puck on net once every 5.28 minutes he's on the ice)
2. Horton ... 6.23
3. Thornton ... 6.81
4. Jagr ... 7.16
5. Bergy ... 7.24
6. Peverley ... 7.37
7. Paille ... 9.06
8. Marchand ... 9.06
9. Bourque ... 9.06
10. Hamilton ... 9.13
11. Caron ... 9.13
12. Krejci ... 9.29
13. Chara .. 10.35
14. Lucic ... 10.37
15. Campbell ... 11.87
16. Kelly .. 11.98
17. Boychuck ... 12.41
18. Seids .. 12.85
19. Ference .. 14.62
20. McQuaid ... 21.97

sandtoorr is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:25 PM
  #112
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon
 
Jack Donaghy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Give me Lucic - Kelly - Seguin, or Lucic - Seguin - Horton any day of the week over that.

If you want Lucic to look sharper partnering him with the center that looks to mail it in at least half the time he's on the ice (either because he does or because that's just his game) probably isn't the way to go.
Huh... I think Krejci is a guy who HAS been giving it his all for a while now, unlike his two wingers.

Jack Donaghy is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
  #113
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
Huh... I think Krejci is a guy who HAS been giving it his all for a while now, unlike his two wingers.
Let me put it another way so as not to insult the chosen one...

Why would you put Lucic, a guy whom you want to be your most intense winger, with a center who has earned a moniker simply because of his ability to completely take the intensity out of the play?

Kaoz is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:36 PM
  #114
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER
 
Greek_physique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Greece
Posts: 18,000
vCash: 50
If that's the case:

Lucic | Bergeron | Seguin
Marchard | Krejci | Jagr

Greek_physique is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:39 PM
  #115
reidy
@reidjjackson
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlestown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtoorr View Post
I'm not even sure this is a legit stat, but I wanted to see how the team ranks in shots per minute on the ice. I think this verifies what most of us have noticed all season long with the eye test (as far as Lucic).

This doesn't factor in shorthanded time, and the probabilty of less shots during that time. If that were adjusted I would think that you'd see a bump for those on the kill alot (including Campbell in Kelly).

1. Seguin ... 5.28 (so he shoots the puck on net once every 5.28 minutes he's on the ice)
2. Horton ... 6.23
3. Thornton ... 6.81
4. Jagr ... 7.16
5. Bergy ... 7.24
6. Peverley ... 7.37
7. Paille ... 9.06
8. Marchand ... 9.06
9. Bourque ... 9.06
10. Hamilton ... 9.13
11. Caron ... 9.13
12. Krejci ... 9.29
13. Chara .. 10.35
14. Lucic ... 10.37
15. Campbell ... 11.87
16. Kelly .. 11.98
17. Boychuck ... 12.41
18. Seids .. 12.85
19. Ference .. 14.62
20. McQuaid ... 21.97
Can you run the numbers again but this time including how many times the shot goes over the crossbar and off glass? I'd imagine Seguin and Peverley are #1-2 league-wide.

reidy is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:49 PM
  #116
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 33,975
vCash: 50
Awards:
I'd actually consider scratching him for a game. Hopefully that would tick him off and get him going.
An angry Looch is a better Looch. Frankly, I dont care what he would be pissed about as long as he was.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 12:53 PM
  #117
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 17,407
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtoorr View Post
I'm not even sure this is a legit stat, but I wanted to see how the team ranks in shots per minute on the ice. I think this verifies what most of us have noticed all season long with the eye test (as far as Lucic).

This doesn't factor in shorthanded time, and the probabilty of less shots during that time. If that were adjusted I would think that you'd see a bump for those on the kill alot (including Campbell in Kelly).

1. Seguin ... 5.28 (so he shoots the puck on net once every 5.28 minutes he's on the ice)
2. Horton ... 6.23
3. Thornton ... 6.81
4. Jagr ... 7.16
5. Bergy ... 7.24
6. Peverley ... 7.37
7. Paille ... 9.06
8. Marchand ... 9.06
9. Bourque ... 9.06
10. Hamilton ... 9.13
11. Caron ... 9.13
12. Krejci ... 9.29
13. Chara .. 10.35
14. Lucic ... 10.37
15. Campbell ... 11.87
16. Kelly .. 11.98
17. Boychuck ... 12.41
18. Seids .. 12.85
19. Ference .. 14.62
20. McQuaid ... 21.97
Another interesting stat: Missed shot %

Tyler Seguin 28%
Zdeno Chara 31%
Patrice Bergeron 31%
Milan Lucic 38%
Jaromir Jagr 26%
David Krejci 30%
Andrew Ference 36%
Dennis Seidenberg 28%
Dougie Hamilton 26%
Nathan Horton 19%
Brad Marchand 27%
Rich Peverley 24%
Johnny Boychuk 29%
Gregory Campbell 33%
Daniel Paille 24%
Shawn Thornton 22%
Chris Bourque 31%
Adam McQuaid 39%
Kaspars Daugavins 17%
Chris Kelly 15%
Matt Bartkowski 31%
Jay Pandolfo 27%
Jordan Caron 16%
Aaron Johnson 27%
Ryan Spooner 20%

Fire Julien is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 01:00 PM
  #118
RussellmaniaKW
Registered User
 
RussellmaniaKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Let me put it another way so as not to insult the chosen one...

Why would you put Lucic, a guy whom you want to be your most intense winger, with a center who has earned a moniker simply because of his ability to completely take the intensity out of the play?
lol you say that Krejci has "earned a moniker" but one guy on a message board saying it doesn't make it so.

Some people on this board have tried to argue that Lucic makes space for Krejci and not the other way around, but to my eyes Krejci looks dangerous no matter who you put him with...Lucic not so much.

RussellmaniaKW is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 01:01 PM
  #119
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Looch looked really depressed last night.

Anyone saying he has no heart is wrong. It bothers him when he isn't playing well.

Not sure what is wrong. He needs his confidence and swagger back.

I wonder if Looch is playing with an injury ? We won't know I guess.

I think he needs a couple of good games to start feeling good about himself again.

I really like Looch.
i'd love to hear from that guy who correctly called Looch's broken shnozz a couple of years ago. I think he was good friends with Looch's girlfriend, now wife.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 01:07 PM
  #120
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
i'd love to hear from that guy who correctly called Looch's broken shnozz a couple of years ago. I think he was good friends with Looch's girlfriend, now wife.
THAT'S whats wrong!!

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 01:13 PM
  #121
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Another interesting stat: Missed shot %

Tyler Seguin 28%
Zdeno Chara 31%
Patrice Bergeron 31%
Milan Lucic 38%
Jaromir Jagr 26%
David Krejci 30%
Andrew Ference 36%
Dennis Seidenberg 28%
Dougie Hamilton 26%
Nathan Horton 19%
Brad Marchand 27%
Rich Peverley 24%
Johnny Boychuk 29%
Gregory Campbell 33%
Daniel Paille 24%
Shawn Thornton 22%
Chris Bourque 31%
Adam McQuaid 39%
Kaspars Daugavins 17%
Chris Kelly 15%
Matt Bartkowski 31%
Jay Pandolfo 27%
Jordan Caron 16%
Aaron Johnson 27%
Ryan Spooner 20%
Wow one less McQuaid and we all know how much of a snipah mcquaid is

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 01:15 PM
  #122
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
THAT'S whats wrong!!
why? Is she the B's version of Yoko Ono?

Pie O My is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 01:31 PM
  #123
sandtoorr
Registered User
 
sandtoorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Wow one less McQuaid and we all know how much of a snipah mcquaid is
McQuaids are all intentionally wide though.

sandtoorr is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 01:51 PM
  #124
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some
 
Lost Horizons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere
Country: United States
Posts: 7,985
vCash: 500
Unless there's something wrong with both his wrists there is absolutely no excuse for the pathetic passes he makes. When was the last time he made a forehand tape to tape pass? All he seems to do is crappy backhand passes and then he just stands there after they get picked off or he looks up to the ceiling.

Lost Horizons is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 01:53 PM
  #125
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
lol you say that Krejci has "earned a moniker" but one guy on a message board saying it doesn't make it so.

Some people on this board have tried to argue that Lucic makes space for Krejci and not the other way around, but to my eyes Krejci looks dangerous no matter who you put him with...Lucic not so much.
A lot more then one person has referred to and made note of Krejci slowing the play down.

A lot more then one person has pointed out Krejci has a tendency to look like he isn't fully engaged.

And your eyes might tell you Krejci is great with anyone, but the numbers tell a different story. His production has suffered when not with Horton or Lucic for extended periods of time over the past couple of years. Lucic tends to look far better when separated from both Horton and Krejci.

Again, I'm not saying Lucic is completely blameless and definitely needs a kick in the ass but the fact that he's the one taking the brunt of the blame is a joke. Two other players on that line also dragged ass this season for extended stretches. Krejci has what, 1 point in the last 5 games? Hardly exemplary.

Kaoz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.