HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Got a direct message from Jack Edwards on twitter

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 12:45 PM
uocooco

vCash: 500

Old
04-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
yeah, he's confusing the hell out of me this year.

remember when he compared boston's win over montreal two years ago to the american revolution? good times...

the color guy, brickley or whatever, i just call him brick, is indeed very good. he's always trying to leash edward's crazy
It's funny because I watched it again yesterday. Lol'd at the comments.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post

I can't tire of that video

Old
04-12-2013, 01:05 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Exactly my thoughts. And when that 5% happens it's just so over the top you can't really take him seriously.

When Alex Henry dropped the gloves that one game, Jack became so condescending it was atrocious.
edit: Seems I should look where a link leads me before I assume it is the main board!

I think Edwards is trying pretty hard to please everyone this season, he has changed a lot.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:10 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:

I wonder if anyone on Anti-Chambre understands what he's talking about

a confused Bergy;

'' ...... beh la,,,,,, c'etait exactement la meme chose a NEW YORK ......''

Old
04-12-2013, 01:24 PM
PsychoticHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Alright Ma View Post
Im not sure what your intentions were, but this comes off as very condescending and ignorant

No Bruins fan takes Jack seriously, he's entertainment, nothing more.
And of course we're brainwashed, we're SPORTS fans. We think people putting a rubber disc into a net is a meaningful event, you can't get any more brainwashed than that. The insinuation that Bruins fans are the only ones who drink the kool-aid struck me as out of place even for the Habs board >.>

In any event Jack's right, you guys ARE better right now. Hopefully you aren't better come the second round, but I'm not exactly optimistic
Well, my intent behind that one was for your insane fans. You know the ones that all teams have but yours have been out in full swing lately.

I'm not saying all Bruins fans are bad, in fact you guys have some of the best hockey fans but recently there has been a considerable minority that have been giving you guys an awful name.

I didn't mean strictly Bruins fans as we have a few on this board and I've seen plenty on other boards.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:26 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
It's not like he has any other choice but than to be humble...he seized an opportunity to make him self look credible, but make no doubt about it he's gritting his teeth and waking up in hot flashes and clenched fists because of whats happening. He's a fanboy....and homer fanboy..nothing more....don;t buy his ********...the second the habs are down and his bruins aren't, in any aspect...he'll jump on it and throw it in our faces again.
Aren't you guys like ONE point ahead in the standings haha

I'm pretty sure he didn't have to admit anything. It's been a close race all year, the closest division race by far

Jack is sometimes like an anti-homer haha. He is still awesome and a smart hockey guy

Old
04-12-2013, 01:28 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Hate the broons but when watching them prefer Edwards over the opposition's commentators. He's passionate for sure.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

The most ironic thing about this is he's implying we talk about "how you can dive" but we're not the ones who constantly bring it up. That's why Makaveli videos and such get eaten up due to the irony.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:37 PM
mxpx27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Hate the broons but when watching them prefer Edwards over the opposition's commentators. He's passionate for sure.
That is also why I decided to follow him on twitter. My comments the other night in response to his tweet (that I would send him some habs jerseys and an autographed photo of Subban after the Bruins lost to the habs), I saw that he has a good sense of humor. I was sure he would of blocked me or something, but he seems to be a very good sport.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:38 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Aren't you guys like ONE point ahead in the standings haha

I'm pretty sure he didn't have to admit anything. It's been a close race all year, the closest division race by far

Jack is sometimes like an anti-homer haha. He is still awesome and a smart hockey guy
I'm not twitter savvy but I assume direct messages are private? So not sure why guy you quoted is saying he's doing it to seem credible.

Yah, Jack is a homer a lot of the time and yah I don't always agree with him. He'll probably bust the habs balls the first chance he'll get too but that doesn't mean his exchange with the OP wasn't genuine. So I agree with you. He was being friendly and classly, we should take it.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:58 PM
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

As a Bruins fan I love listening to Jack, although admittedly half the fun is listening for the next absurd thing to come out of his mouth, whether it is comparing a win over the Habs to Patriots Day, or yelling "get up!" It is interesting that he is almost as passionate calling opponents goals as he is Bruins goals. No question he's a homer and he'd be the first to admit it. Interesting Jack clip I found though, announcing the USA World Cup in 2002, who knew he would become such a polarizing figure as a hockey announcer. For his goal call fast forward to 7:30 minutes.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:59 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 0
Hell either froze over, it's a real or...or... I got nothing else.

All seriousness, Edwards doesn't seem that bad anymore. I peaked over at his twitter account and it's pretty damn honest.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
As a Bruins fan I love listening to Jack, although admittedly half the fun is listening for the next absurd thing to come out of his mouth, whether it is comparing a win over the Habs to Patriots Day, or yelling "get up!" It is interesting that he is almost as passionate calling opponents goals as he is Bruins goals. No question he's a homer and he'd be the first to admit it. Interesting Jack clip I found though, announcing the USA World Cup in 2002, who knew he would become such a polarizing figure as a hockey announcer. For his goal call fast forward to 7:30 minutes.
Jack has often went on about his soccer days. Not surprising he was commentator for it.

I think crowd was saying "ole ole" around that goal mark.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
The most ironic thing about this is he's implying we talk about "how you can dive" but we're not the ones who constantly bring it up. That's why Makaveli videos and such get eaten up due to the irony.
I wish that PJ Stock would go do colour commentating with Jack Edwards. That way I'd never have to hear either one of them again.

What a complete and total clown.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:38 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Somewhat random tangent but this Alan Partridge football commentary always cracks me up

Old
04-12-2013, 02:44 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:

This never gets old.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Alexdaman

Well B's fan can be pretty cynical after a loss (more than us), especially to the NYI. So it doesn't surprise me.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:48 PM
qc
Dare to Dream

He can rap, too... just another one of his many talents. Some might say hes a .. jack of all trades?

Old
04-12-2013, 02:51 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
He's still less of a tool than Marinaro is.
dear god who isn't?

Old
04-12-2013, 02:53 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
dear god who isn't?
Good point, when he comes on TSN 690 I just don't listen. Always singing his italian songs like an idiot.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:01 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

He is jinxing us !!!!

Old
04-12-2013, 03:06 PM
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
Do you need a description of a clean hit.. Elbow down, which wasn't, even though he didn't HIT him in the head his hand clearly guided his head and guess where the puck was .. On the other end of the ice, truly watch things onstead of just blurting out random stuff. To tell you the truth you sound like jack edwards
Oh god not this again. His hand didn't guide his head into the stanchion. It was interference at an unfortunate area of the ice, not too mention especially dangerous at the Bell Centre. Contact took place no later than 1.3 seconds after Pacioretty touched the puck, it wasn't as if it was hit coming out of nowhere against the flow of play.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:09 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Oh god not this again. His hand didn't guide his head into the stanchion. It was interference at an unfortunate area of the ice, not too mention especially dangerous at the Bell Centre. Contact took place no later than 1.3 seconds after Pacioretty touched the puck, it wasn't as if it was hit coming out of nowhere against the flow of play.
This is just getting annoying, enough with the Patches- Chara incident. I'm so tired of hearing about it, but as long as nitwits keep saying "habs fans 9-1-1" we probably will never hear the end of it.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:14 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Oh god not the Jack "take his head off" Edwards excuses again. I'm sure they sound right on the boston board, but thanks for coming by, and don't miss your curfew tonight!

Closed Thread