HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

2013-2014 Rosters: Re-arrange the chairs on this sinking ship

Old
04-11-2013, 05:31 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Surprised you didn't mention lindholm or barkov

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:38 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Boy, that's a spot-on Terry Crisp impression.

I think we could end up with Lindholm. Barkov will go top five, we will be in the latter half of the top 10 and could probably move around a little if we're willing to wheel and deal. If Barkov falls, we grab him. I would be okay with Lindholm or Monahan, although I get the feeling that the only NHL-ready prospects in this draft are Jones and maybe Drouin.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:08 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Surprised you didn't mention lindholm or barkov
I have a bias against Euros, call Worst for that

Most of my info is based out of the CHL but are wetting themselves about this talent.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:36 PM
BK Supman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Sorry was at work on the iPhone

I want to know what wing will Forsberg play? Drouin is a LW, Nichuskin is a RW. Depth chart wise.

?-fisher-?

And the rest of the mix of forwards.

What I hope is this: draft a wing on the opposite side of Forsberg then sign a VET center in FA.

I really want to see where the Preds pick post draft. Each pick down or up means something.
I just cant imagine Trotz rolling a top line with a pair of rookies on the wings, no matter how special they turn out to be. Even defensively responsible rookies make rookie mistakes, having two liabilities out there is a heart attack waiting to happen for BT

BK Supman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Webersmashpuck

I for one, would not be terribly upset at not really making too many changes over the summer. Between the injuries and crazy goals against us the hockey gods raked the team over the coals, but there are a few upgrades I would like: 1 forward (I like the Horton idea), 1 defenseman (I wish Timonen would have not resigned, he would be perfect), and a backup (Garon or maybe Backstrom if he comes cheap?)

Going with what we have:

Wilson - Fisher - Bourque
Beck - Legwand - Hornqvist
Forsberg - Gaustad - Kostitsyn
Clune - Spaling - Yip
Halischuk/Mueller

We are our best when our 3rd and 4th lines can score against other teams and our 1st and 2nd can keep pace with the other teams. Take some of the defensive responsibilty away from Forsberg and give him a passer and some one to stand in front of the goalie and he may still have success. Craig Smith needs to really prove himself these last 5 or so games and in camp.

Weber - Josi
Klein - Bartley
OKT - Blum/Ellis

Trade Gill if we get Tollefsen as they fill the same role, and I would not be upset if one of Blum or Ellis is gone. I know people may be upset at Bartley on the 2nd pair, but I don't see any regression from him and he has done well. He is less talented that Ellis and Blum but more relies on intelligence so that should stay. Plus remember Suter was pissing all of us off his 2nd year and look at Josi, that pair might be awesome.

Rinne
Backup

I think Mason maybe getting a try out for next year, and depending on how he does the next few games he may either retire or return.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 03:37 PM
ThirdManIn
Aspiring Sinecure

Awards:
I don't think we need to rely on Bartley at the number 4 position. The kid has looked good, but how any times have we seen a defenseman come up, look good, and then fall off? We need to make a move for a #4 defenseman. Hopefully we can work on the center issue at the draft, but if not Wilson should definitely begin being groomed to play the pivot (like Trotz claims he wanted to do last summer).

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't think we need to rely on Bartley at the number 4 position. The kid has looked good, but how any times have we seen a defenseman come up, look good, and then fall off? We need to make a move for a #4 defenseman. Hopefully we can work on the center issue at the draft, but if not Wilson should definitely begin being groomed to play the pivot (like Trotz claims he wanted to do last summer).
With the Bartley thing, there is a major shortage of defensemen as free agents, and I don't see many getting bought out. Its essentially Streit and Zidlicky as the cream of the crop. I understand we have had Blum and Ellis look good and fall off, but Bartley is older and he is relying more on good positioning and decisions than talent. So that is less of a chance of busting that a 21 year old Ellis who is always at the top of his class and gets sent back to the minors this year.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:19 AM
gratefulpred
Eternal Optimist

I'm not trying to go off topic but...Any chance we can buy out Crispy's contract? I am getting really tired of him when I watch games on the tube. I had to watch the St. Louis feed the other night and while I hated it for the most part, the color guy was a pleasant surprise. Nice to have someone who did not fixate on one area or bad play and use the same phrases over and over.

Crispy made up for lost time with me during last night's game by using "Head on a swivel" twice in the same sentence. You could almost make a drinking game out of that one.

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
With the Bartley thing, there is a major shortage of defensemen as free agents, and I don't see many getting bought out. Its essentially Streit and Zidlicky as the cream of the crop. I understand we have had Blum and Ellis look good and fall off, but Bartley is older and he is relying more on good positioning and decisions than talent. So that is less of a chance of busting that a 21 year old Ellis who is always at the top of his class and gets sent back to the minors this year.
Offer sheet one of St. Louis' young RFA D-men.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:47 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
I'm not trying to go off topic but...Any chance we can buy out Crispy's contract? I am getting really tired of him when I watch games on the tube. I had to watch the St. Louis feed the other night and while I hated it for the most part, the color guy was a pleasant surprise. Nice to have someone who did not fixate on one area or bad play and use the same phrases over and over.

Crispy made up for lost time with me during last night's game by using "Head on a swivel" twice in the same sentence. You could almost make a drinking game out of that one.
Crispy and weber get on my nerves. They are old, joke around too much, and not fun to listen to. They are good commentators for expansion teams. Which we aren't anymore. I have to watch our games on mute with them.

Would love Tom Calahan to be the tv guy.

Old
04-13-2013, 12:35 PM
ThirdManIn
Aspiring Sinecure

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post

We had a drinking game. Any time Crispy called Weber "bubba" you take a drink. Pete Weber posted on the forum, saw that and brought it up on the air (sort of). I think that night Crisp called Pete "bubba" at least 200 times

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Dave is a killer
Dave's a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
We had a drinking game. Any time Crispy called Weber "bubba" you take a drink. Pete Weber posted on the forum, saw that and brought it up on the air (sort of). I think that night Crisp called Pete "bubba" at least 200 times
so what you're saying is don't post this ish on the forums or there will be some deaths ? ... got it... thanks

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:34 PM
StarvinArvin38
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Passion or unbridled youth enthusiasm?

Can someone translate BFC's post?
none of our current youths show anywhere near Rad's level of enthusiasm. Kid loved the game.

StarvinArvin38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
none of our current youths show anywhere near Rad's level of enthusiasm. Kid loved the game.
So true.

Radulov is the most exciting player we have ever had. Regardless of his issues

Old
04-15-2013, 06:57 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
I'm going to revise my line-up.

Beck-Legwand-Bourque
Forsberg-Wilson-New playmaking Winger
Hornqvist-Fisher- Smith
Halischuk-Gaustad-Clune

Weber-Josi
Klein-Upgrade
Ellis/OKT/Blum/Gill

I think we need to upgrade 2 of SK, Spaling, Halischuk
I think we need to upgraded one of Ellis/Blum/Gill if OKT is going to make the team.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote