HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Tanabe to Rangers

Old
08-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe426 View Post
I'm not very big on Rachunek, but he's the same type of player as Tanabe, only more physical - and that's the key. If they're not going to go after a more physical defenseman, they'll have to get one with higher offensive upside than Tanabe AT LEAST.
Uhhhhh, how many times have you ever watched Rachunek? His defense is leaps and bounds above Tanabe's. He's 3 times the player.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Pock doesn't have a whole lot of upside, and at best, if he does make it as an NHL regular, he is what Tanabe is now.
Well, it is an interpretation of "upside"...

Reasons why I want Pock over Tanabe any day is that he is cheaper, younger... and still has the opportunity to surprise!!! Also, Pock wants to prove that he belongs on the Rangers roster, clawing and scratching....I don't see that happening with Tanabe...

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Geogaddi

like i said in another post. Every player that he mentions, is bound for Broadway. He's still living a couple years back, as he still thinks the normal big teams: Detroit, Colorado, Dallas, Philly, NYR, Toronto, are still going to buy every single player.

This guy is a fraud and has ZERO Credibility. Why do we still talk about him around here?

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 05:26 PM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Uhhhhh, how many times have you ever watched Rachunek? His defense is leaps and bounds above Tanabe's. He's 3 times the player.
What I should have said was, from the Rangers' perspective, Tanabe doesnt bring anything to their game that Rachunek does not. They're the same age, practically the same size and build, and both have untapped offensive "potential" (for whatever that's worth).

Rachunek will cost less, and shouldnt be a defensive liability. He didnt have much success as a Ranger, but the team he was on was horrific.

We know who the Rangers should choose.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Fletch

Tanabe really makes little sense...

for the Rangers. This team has its six defensemen, and there is even a 7th and possibly an 8th (Richter, Pock, and everyone in Hartford, including Lampman, Liffiton, Barnanka, and others).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
for the Rangers. This team has its six defensemen, and there is even a 7th and possibly an 8th (Richter, Pock, and everyone in Hartford, including Lampman, Liffiton, Barnanka, and others).
Martin Richter and/or Thomas Pöck for 7th D (and 8th if the Rangers decide to carry 8 D-men)!

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 09:26 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Well, it is an interpretation of "upside"...

Reasons why I want Pock over Tanabe any day is that he is cheaper, younger... and still has the opportunity to surprise!!! Also, Pock wants to prove that he belongs on the Rangers roster, clawing and scratching....I don't see that happening with Tanabe...
He's gonna have to claw and scratch his way onto this team, because his defense leaves a lot to be desired. His positioning, his physical play, and that are average at best, and on top of that, his offense isn't all that great. If you're going to lack in one end of the game, you've gotta be able to make up for it substantially in the other, and this is not the case with Pock. That is why I believe he will not be a regular NHL'er.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 02:04 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=175693&hubname=nhl

Have a good day sir.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 02:26 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

and according to Spector, Hrdina signed with HV71 JONKOPING of the SEL. Just wondering, why is it HV71? Is that the city or the team name? Anyways, that's the nature of rumors. you win some, you lose a lot.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2006, 02:28 PM
daikan
sad times

Send a message via MSN to daikan
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
and according to Spector, Hrdina signed with HV71 JONKOPING of the SEL. Just wondering, why is it HV71? Is that the city or the team name? Anyways, that's the nature of rumors. you win some, you lose a lot.
HV71 was formed in 1971, and was a merge between two teams named Husqvarna and Vätterstad, I think.

daikan is offline   Reply With Quote