Notices

General OT Thread #28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Yeah it's ridiculous. 15% for average service? Yikes.

Sets up the perfect Minnesota passive-aggressive response though. "Our service was terrible, so I only tipped 10%"

Old
04-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
If service is terrible I don't tip.

If service is beyond terrible I tip one cent if I have a penny in my pocket anywhere.

Old
04-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Anyone following the Masters?

My pick Jason Day is tied for lead!

Old
04-12-2013, 05:45 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

the "system" is a bit wonky, but then waitstaff are free to do something else (wash dishes?). The whole idea from the restaurant or bar's perspective is that an incentive-heavy wage should provide motivation to provide a great customer experience, which reflects well on them. I don't like the idea of tips being taxed or tips being pooled as i think it would breed resentment in certain situations. Why the hell be nice when grumpy pete over there isn't contributing?

i do find a lot of minnesotans are just cheap ******** and find the most nitpicky reasons on earth to not tip or tip poorly. I tip very well with average service getting 20%, great service getting 25%. if someone at my table has been a PITA and the waiter or chef is gracious about it i'll throw in more. The places with the mandatory tip added piss me off a little though. I tip less or not at all for poor service depending on what i think the reason is.

Old
04-12-2013, 05:54 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Lost in OT last night.. I was out there for the GWG...

Old
04-12-2013, 06:25 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
the "system" is a bit wonky, but then waitstaff are free to do something else (wash dishes?). The whole idea from the restaurant or bar's perspective is that an incentive-heavy wage should provide motivation to provide a great customer experience, which reflects well on them. I don't like the idea of tips being taxed or tips being pooled as i think it would breed resentment in certain situations. Why the hell be nice when grumpy pete over there isn't contributing?

i do find a lot of minnesotans are just cheap ******** and find the most nitpicky reasons on earth to not tip or tip poorly. I tip very well with average service getting 20%, great service getting 25%. if someone at my table has been a PITA and the waiter or chef is gracious about it i'll throw in more. The places with the mandatory tip added piss me off a little though. I tip less or not at all for poor service depending on what i think the reason is.
This times a billion.

I don't like the places with built in gratuities, for one, it give the waiter/waitress to give proper service. And two, I just don't like being charged a flat rate, for something that is subjective.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:53 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Anyone here ever feel for lack of a better word "lost" ? I just feel like I don't know what I'm supposed to do, what the meaning of anything is. I find myself wondering if this is really how life is...

I dunno... Just thought I'd ask..

Old
04-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
What's going on dude?

Old
04-13-2013, 12:18 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
What's going on dude?
I don't know man? I just feel so angry, lost, confused... And so on... Really ****ed up.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I don't know man? I just feel so angry, lost, confused... And so on... Really ****ed up.
Do you have a goal for yourself in life? Something you want to achieve?

Old
04-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Anyone here ever feel for lack of a better word "lost" ? I just feel like I don't know what I'm supposed to do, what the meaning of anything is. I find myself wondering if this is really how life is...

I dunno... Just thought I'd ask..
Feeling like there are no goals that you could achieve? That your life so far has been a bit of a failure, and you are doing nothing to help it? Oh yes, every day. Every. Single. Day.

Not that I care any more. I'm doing evening studies because I have nothing else to do, no chance of getting a decent job and all. I'm going back to complete my military service next summer and having a chance of getting a truck licence, maybe that will help.

Thing that's pissing me off the most is that some of my friends seem to be getting all that luck for free. One of my friends found a girlfriend, sheer luck, and now he's spending most of the time with her. ****ing A.

Personally, I've felt like **** for a long time. I'm supposed to start jogging, but the roads are still full of snow, ice, or half-melted mix of both. I'm lazy as **** every day, and I know it. I'm not stupid, I know that, I'm just an underachiever for the lack of a better word. Never lived up to my potential, and seemingly, I can't have nice things either.

Life is a gift, but it's also a two-edged sword. I know I'm supposed to work hard to achieve anything nice, but it's kind of hard when there's no work in first place.

Feeling anything similar? I hope not. It's ****ing annoying, yet I can't complain about it without getting responses such as "you're just lazy", "get your ass up and go work harder", "stop complaining about it" and so on. And I don't complain often, usually I'm the first guy to cheer a friend on or help them if they need it. Feels like I'm taken for granted sometimes, even often.

But hey, that's just life. Full of choices. Sometimes the choice is "rock" and "a hard place", but it's still a choice and it's yours to make. There may be no quests, goals or "level-ups", but the game will end sooner than you realize. It may end any time, as a matter of fact, so for now? Try to achieve full potential of every single day. Do whatever the **** you want, instead of what others want you to do. Finish your studies, if you have any, as that should be your #1 priority. After you're done with that? Get a job on your field, if you're able to find any, but if not, make sure to find just any job you have a chance of getting, even if it's not in your field. Job experience is more important than you might realize. Take time to do a nice CV that will stand out positively, as that will help your CV to actually get reviewed instead of just glanced at.

And also, don't show ANYONE that you're not happy with your life, depressed or dissatisfied. Be confident, even if you have no reason to be. Good things happen to people who are confident about themselves. Remember though, there's a thin line between confidence and arrogance. DON'T CROSS IT. Bad things happen to arrogant people, especially if they can't back it up.

And lastly, I was flamed and laughed at last time when I gave advice, so remember that these are just my opinions based on my personal experiences in a country that's very different to yours. Things might work differently around there than they work here, people are different and we certainly are different from one another. Things that might work for me might not work for you, I don't know because I'm in a similar situation. I'm merely listing things that you should try.

Oh, and you wanted a goal? Cook a meal that's a bit better than what you usually eat. After that, find some new music to listen. Little things. They'll make you feel better, more positive and as such allow your brain to be more creative once you're in a better mood.

TL;DR: Nope, read it.

Old
04-13-2013, 02:23 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 435
if anyone needs a pick me up, then this thread is for you. read all of it. lulz will be had.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...s-I-don-t-even.....

Old
04-13-2013, 02:57 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Feeling like there are no goals that you could achieve? That your life so far has been a bit of a failure, and you are doing nothing to help it? Oh yes, every day. Every. Single. Day.

Not that I care any more. I'm doing evening studies because I have nothing else to do, no chance of getting a decent job and all. I'm going back to complete my military service next summer and having a chance of getting a truck licence, maybe that will help.

Thing that's pissing me off the most is that some of my friends seem to be getting all that luck for free. One of my friends found a girlfriend, sheer luck, and now he's spending most of the time with her. ****ing A.

Personally, I've felt like **** for a long time. I'm supposed to start jogging, but the roads are still full of snow, ice, or half-melted mix of both. I'm lazy as **** every day, and I know it. I'm not stupid, I know that, I'm just an underachiever for the lack of a better word. Never lived up to my potential, and seemingly, I can't have nice things either.

Life is a gift, but it's also a two-edged sword. I know I'm supposed to work hard to achieve anything nice, but it's kind of hard when there's no work in first place.

Feeling anything similar? I hope not. It's ****ing annoying, yet I can't complain about it without getting responses such as "you're just lazy", "get your ass up and go work harder", "stop complaining about it" and so on. And I don't complain often, usually I'm the first guy to cheer a friend on or help them if they need it. Feels like I'm taken for granted sometimes, even often.

But hey, that's just life. Full of choices. Sometimes the choice is "rock" and "a hard place", but it's still a choice and it's yours to make. There may be no quests, goals or "level-ups", but the game will end sooner than you realize. It may end any time, as a matter of fact, so for now? Try to achieve full potential of every single day. Do whatever the **** you want, instead of what others want you to do. Finish your studies, if you have any, as that should be your #1 priority. After you're done with that? Get a job on your field, if you're able to find any, but if not, make sure to find just any job you have a chance of getting, even if it's not in your field. Job experience is more important than you might realize. Take time to do a nice CV that will stand out positively, as that will help your CV to actually get reviewed instead of just glanced at.

And also, don't show ANYONE that you're not happy with your life, depressed or dissatisfied. Be confident, even if you have no reason to be. Good things happen to people who are confident about themselves. Remember though, there's a thin line between confidence and arrogance. DON'T CROSS IT. Bad things happen to arrogant people, especially if they can't back it up.

And lastly, I was flamed and laughed at last time when I gave advice, so remember that these are just my opinions based on my personal experiences in a country that's very different to yours. Things might work differently around there than they work here, people are different and we certainly are different from one another. Things that might work for me might not work for you, I don't know because I'm in a similar situation. I'm merely listing things that you should try.

Oh, and you wanted a goal? Cook a meal that's a bit better than what you usually eat. After that, find some new music to listen. Little things. They'll make you feel better, more positive and as such allow your brain to be more creative once you're in a better mood.

Not exactly..

I feel stuck.. Lost, frustrated... I don't know how to word it.

Old
04-13-2013, 02:58 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Do you have a goal for yourself in life? Something you want to achieve?
Yeah, I have a few. Short term and long term.

Old
04-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Quote:
Yeah, I have a few. Short term and long term.
Well then there you go. Start small. Figure out a small way to start laying the groundwork for success. Once you've got that done, set another little goal. Take it in small slices so you don't get overwhelmed by looking at the big picture all the time.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well then there you go. Start small. Figure out a small way to start laying the groundwork for success. Once you've got that done, set another little goal. Take it in small slices so you don't get overwhelmed by looking at the big picture all the time.
Ok, I'll try that. Maybe then I'll feel like I belong... And maybe I won't be so lost..

Old
04-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Anyone here watch Dr. Who much?

Old
04-13-2013, 10:12 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Anyone here watch Dr. Who much?
Yessir.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
04-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Just got caught up on the current season of Dr. Who today. Wish I had a clue what was up with that girl he's traveling with now.

Spoil:
I mean, she's been dead two times already?? One time she was turned into a Dalek, and the other time she fell to her death in 1800's London. Really feels like a stretch even for a show as flexible as Dr. Who.

And I'm not really satisfied with how Amy and Rory got written off the show. I figured it would be a multi-episode build up to the end of their time with The Doctor but no, an angel touches Rory and poof! Gone.

Still, I like how the current Doctor is getting a bit darker and more serious.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
D'aww.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:19 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Well in my 2nd week of work... I'm getting 19.5 hours of work... I've only worked 2 days lol ! I have a brutal 7.5 hour shift next Sunday... Not looking forward to it..

Old
04-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Only one 7.5 hours shift?

You're lucky.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Well in my 2nd week of work... I'm getting 19.5 hours of work... I've only worked 2 days lol ! I have a brutal 7.5 hour shift next Sunday... Not looking forward to it..
What kind of work?

Old
04-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:

That sounds far from brutal

Old
04-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

What the heck are you doing that 7.5 hours is brutal?

Closed Thread