HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 05:31 PM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Come on...seriously man?

I could see Gagne getting signed around 1.75-2.00.

As for Laughton, McGinn, Flanagan, Cousins, and Akeson...I can't see any world where they're not given a legitimate shot.

If we do retain Gagne though...

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Read
Gagne - Couturier - Laughton/McGinn/Flanagan/Cousins/Akeson
Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot

They're all battling for what appears to be one roster slot. Two obviously if Gagne is not retained.

Where Hall is concerned, I think we sign him because we don't readily know the kind of player Holmstrom will be going through the offseason.

Of course, if we draft a forward like Drouin, all bets are off. You could see guys like Read and Hartnell traded fairly easily for defensive upgrades. You could see Gagne allowed to walk.

McGinn/(Hartnell) - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Drouin/(1st round pick)
Laughton/(Read) - Couturier - Flanagan/Cousins/Akeson/(Gagne)
Rinaldo - Hall/Holmstrom - Talbot
Rosehill (who we might sign to be the new Shelley)

Timonen - Schenn
(Hartnell trade PMD) - Coburn
(Read trade PMD) - Grossmann
(Gustafsson)

Bryzgalov
Mason

It's going to be an interesting offseason regardless of where we draft, but I can promise it's going to be an interesting camp as well.

We have a metric-****ton of options at forward. Someone is going to be used to get a defenseman.

Also, I would be EXTREMELY pleased if we signed Joacim Eriksson and shuffled him into the lineup splitting time with Mason as a back-up for Bryz. If it's true that he wants a shot at the NHL, then I say we have every reason to give him that shot.
come on serious about what?

that is to much for gagne.

yeah they might have a shot but some are absolute longshots. that is a fact. several will be first cuts imo.

gervais is your 7th not gustafson. gervias is a better player. wow that is sad.

if eriksson is signed it is with the intentions of going to the ahl. if you count on him to be in the nhl your settng yourself and him up for failure. let him earn it instead of being handed too him. no problem siging him but he chatter on these boards is good stuff

so if he isnt signed by anyone will you continue to say it is a mistake by the flyers not to have signed their former 7th rd pick?

we know what kind of player holmstrum is, an ahl player. he isnt good neough for a regular nhl role. he hasnt cracked the lineup since he has been here. he isnt getting any better.

Last edited by jb**: 04-12-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 05:47 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket View Post

yeah they might have a shot but some are absolute longshots. that is a fact. several will be first cuts imo.

if eriksson is signed it is with the intentions of going to the ahl. if you count on him to be in the nhl your settng yourself and him up for failure. let him earn it instead of being handed too him. no problem siging him but he chatter on these boards is good stuff

so if he isnt signed by anyone will you continue to say it is a mistake by the flyers not to have signed their former 7th rd pick?

we know what kind of player holmstrum is, an ahl player. he isnt good neough for a regular nhl role. he hasnt cracked the lineup since he has been here. he isnt getting any better.
Pretty much this.

Although instead of Gervais > Gustafsson I'd suggest just waiving Gervais and signing someone else for the 3rd pairing because they're both awful. But I will say that Gus has been much better of late.

If gagne can't be signed for ~1.5 or less then he should be shown the door. Maybe he'll want to stay and take a cheap contract though. I know he likes it here

As for Holmstrom, I agree. He's never going to be anything more than an ahl forward with the ability to fill in at the nhl level in case of injury. I'd rather have hall at the 4th line C position.

Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot

Could be a very effective 4th line.

Old
04-12-2013, 05:53 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Pretty much this.

Although instead of Gervais > Gustafsson I'd suggest just waiving Gervais and signing someone else for the 3rd pairing because they're both awful. But I will say that Gus has been much better of late.

If gagne can't be signed for ~1.5 or less then he should be shown the door. Maybe he'll want to stay and take a cheap contract though. I know he likes it here

As for Holmstrom, I agree. He's never going to be anything more than an ahl forward with the ability to fill in at the nhl level in case of injury. I'd rather have hall at the 4th line C position.

Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot

Could be a very effective 4th line.
i would like a better #6 and you canget it. the dman signings of late for the bottom pair are baffling. lilja and gervias should never ever get 2 year deals.

Gus will never be a top 6 dman imo. he is so weak physicaly and not good in his own end. his offense in the ahl hasnt translated. so what does he bring?

Old
04-12-2013, 05:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Umm, if there is one spot and the rookies are fighting for it, how are they longshots? That doesnt add up at all. Also Gustafsson > Gervias pretty easily. Can see that in advanced stats, watching him play and Gustafsson's play time.

Actually fun fact. Teams score more goals on Gervias than any other defender on the team. That being said, there are some good FA's out there that you can plug into the 6 slot.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:00 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Anyone think we should sign hartzell? He's looked great this season as a senior. He could be a better option than heeter.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:01 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Umm, if there is one spot and the rookies are fighting for it, how are they longshots? That doesnt add up at all. Also Gustafsson > Gervias pretty easily. Can see that in advanced stats, watching him play and Gustafsson's play time.
reread what i said. i said some are absolute longshots. it does add up.

also gus is not better thanm gervais. you think he is i dont. gus will not be on the roster to start next year. i would bet money on that. i dont need advanced stats to tell me who is the better nhl player. yes i watch them play and would take gervais.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:10 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Anyone think we should sign hartzell? He's looked great this season as a senior. He could be a better option than heeter.
Yea hoping they sign him. Have watched him and the guy really is a good goalie (at the level he is playing at).

Quote:

also gus is not better thanm gervais. you think he is i dont. gus will not be on the roster to start next year. i would bet money on that. i dont need advanced stats to tell me who is the better nhl player. yes i watch them play and would take gervais.
Well everything disagrees with you but ok. We will disagree. The past 4 games Lavy has been lowering Gervias's playing time and increasing Gustafsson. Atleast he seems to agree with me and at the moment he's the coach. Only way I see Gervias is the 7th is like the Lilja/Foster syndrome. They dont want a young kid sitting there so they would rather sit a vet.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Brozgalov

Is there a stream of the game tonight? I'd like to watch laughton, alt and cousins.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:13 PM
jb**

Quote:
Yea hoping they sign him. Have watched him and the guy really is a good goalie (at the level he is playing at).

Well everything disagrees with you but ok. We will disagree. The past 4 games Lavy has been lowering Gervias's playing time and increasing Gustafsson. Atleast he seems to agree with me and at the moment he's the coach. Only way I see Gervias is the 7th is like the Lilja/Foster syndrome. They dont want a young kid sitting there so they would rather sit a vet.
no everone doesnt disagree so your incorrect. so what, he is taking an extended look a him as at least there is a chance he can play better and improve. gervais isnt getting any better. they should be playing him more. that is just pure common sense. doesnt mean he is the better player by any means.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I rather have Huskins over Gervais. I'm hoping the Flyers resign him this offseason. He's been pretty solid since we got him.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:15 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

I would def take Gus over Gervais. Gervais is brutal if he plays more then like 15 min regardless of who his partner is. Gus just needs a competent partner (that's why Gervais and Gus don't play well together) but if he has one he can play 20 minutes w/only minor issues. And if it comes down to one NHL roster spot next season and there are no injuries I can almost guarantee Gus wins outs over Gervais

Old
04-12-2013, 06:19 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I rather have Huskins over Gervais. I'm hoping the Flyers resign him this offseason. He's been pretty solid since we got him.
he has looked surprisngly good. in the #6 role he seems liek he would be fine. he has played better than gervais and gus.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:21 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I would def take Gus over Gervais. Gervais is brutal if he plays more then like 15 min regardless of who his partner is. Gus just needs a competent partner (that's why Gervais and Gus don't play well together) but if he has one he can play 20 minutes w/only minor issues. And if it comes down to one NHL roster spot next season and there are no injuries I can almost guarantee Gus wins outs over Gervais
fair enough,though hey both are substandard. i can almost guarentee gervias will be on the roster in front of gus. it wouldnt shock me in the least to see gus moved for a 6th rd pick come draft time.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:22 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Weird double post

Old
04-12-2013, 06:23 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

1-1 tied Laughton with secondary assist

Akeson-Laughton-McGinn is the line.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:56 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
fair enough,though hey both are substandard. i can almost guarentee gervias will be on the roster in front of gus. it wouldnt shock me in the least to see gus moved for a 6th rd pick come draft time.
for a 6th rounder? And your almost guarantees mean just as much as mine.

Akeson w/ the goal. He's only 22 (turns 23 in a couple months) and if he keeps improving he'll force management to include him in the conversation for one of the few NHL roster spots next season.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 04-12-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 07:27 PM
jb**

Quote:
for a 6th rounder? And your almost guarantees mean just as much as mine.

Akeson w/ the goal. He's only 22 (turns 23 in a couple months) and if he keeps improving he'll force management to include him in the conversation for one of the few NHL roster spots next season.
well that was my point your guarentee and mine mean jack ****.

akeson will not be in the conversation for a roster spot. he has little to no shot.

better chance gus getting moved than cracking the flyers top 6. they would be lucky to get a 6th for him.

Old
04-12-2013, 07:38 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
well that was my point your guarentee and mine mean jack ****.

akeson will not be in the conversation for a roster spot. he has little to no shot.

better chance gus getting moved than cracking the flyers top 6. they would be lucky to get a 6th for him.
I hope you don't really think this stuff cause if you do I don't know what to say.

Akeson has 49pts in 57 games so far. If you think he has no chance you're out of your mind.

Old
04-12-2013, 07:46 PM
jb**

Quote:
I hope you don't really think this stuff cause if you do I don't know what to say.

Akeson has 49pts in 57 games so far. If you think he has no chance you're out of your mind.
so what that he has that in the ahl. what does that mean? peter white had how many? jody gage. it is nice for him but menas what exactly, please enlighte me. been lurking a long time on these boards so many prospects get over rated around here. dont know what many expect from these guys

yes he has no chance next year to crack their roster when the season starts. i also doubt he will crack it dirng he season unless a rash of injuires. so because i view him as a longshot prospect you dont know what to say or becuase i dont think gus is an nhl dman

where is brandon ranford these days?

Old
04-12-2013, 07:51 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:

Points aside, Akeson is not thought of very highly amongst the organization.

Old
04-12-2013, 07:57 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
so what that he has that in the ahl. what does that mean? peter white had how many? jody gage. it is nice for him but menas what exactly, please enlighte me. been lurking a long time on these boards so many prospects get over rated around here. dont know what many expect from these guys

yes he has no chance next year to crack their roster when the season starts. i also doubt he will crack it dirng he season unless a rash of injuires. so because i view him as a longshot prospect you dont know what to say or becuase i dont think gus is an nhl dman

where is brandon ranford these days?
Your not seriously compairing Ranford and Akeson right? Considering one is in the AHL and the other isnt.

Seems like how we "overrate" our prospects I guess, you think they all suck I guess. Anyway Im done feeding the troll. Moving on.

Phantoms are losing 2-1. Murray mixing and matching all the lines midgame for some reason.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:06 PM
jb**

Quote:
Your not seriously compairing Ranford and Akeson right? Considering one is in the AHL and the other isnt.

Seems like how we "overrate" our prospects I guess, you think they all suck I guess. Anyway Im done feeding the troll. Moving on. Phantoms are losing 2-1. Murray mixing and matching all the lines midgame for some reason.
where do you draw the conclusion i am comparing the 2? because mention them in the post?

again reaching for straws because i dont have my rose color glasses on and give a differing opinion. where do you see me say they all suck, please show where i said or even remotely insinuated such? feed the troll, grow up son.

even a homer like you, i will asusme you are a homer for this post, has to admit the flyers propsect pool is weak as can be. you have laughton, cousins, stolarz you an now add i suppose, lauridson has some potential but is still raw. i myself like leier and reese wilcox. the hype over "ghost" is good reading. many think he will a top 4 while think he will be lucky to have a matt gilroy type of career. so plase stop feeding the trolland carry on as al is well in flyerland. Who out of that group is a sure fire nhl player? i count 1.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:11 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Points aside, Akeson is not thought of very highly amongst the organization.
Oh I know that but for a guy to say he has no shot at an NHL spot after putting up respectable numbers in the AHL (the closest league to the NHL) is asinine. Again that doesnt mean I think he makes the team. And what does putting up numbers in the AHL mean? is that a serious question, yeah it doesnt guarantee he succeeds in the NHL but thats what you do in hockey. when a player plays well at a lower level he gets a look at the next level. im not hyping anybody, all i did was state a fact (akesons stats) and that he'll get a look. im basing all this stuff on facts and history of the sport, your basing everything you are saying on absolutely nothing.

And as far as the rest of your comment is concerned ticket I can't respond as I honestly can't make sense of your post. You bring up Gus just to say he's not an NHL dman for no real reason. So I'm pretty sure you're now just trolling me. Unless you want to provide some sort of basis for what you're saying I won't be responding anymore.

Ranford went unsigned but I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything though.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:22 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Huskins has a keep it simple approach to the game that suits the bottom pairing

Old
04-12-2013, 08:24 PM
jb**

Quote:
Oh I know that but for a guy to say he has no shot at an NHL spot after putting up respectable numbers in the AHL (the closest league to the NHL) is asinine. Again that doesnt mean I think he makes the team. And what does putting up numbers in the AHL mean? is that a serious question, yeah it doesnt guarantee he succeeds in the NHL but thats what you do in hockey. when a player plays well at a lower level he gets a look at the next level. im not hyping anybody, all i did was state a fact (akesons stats) and that he'll get a look. im basing all this stuff on facts and history of the sport, your basing everything you are saying on absolutely nothing.

And as far as the rest of your comment is concerned ticket I can't respond as I honestly can't make sense of your post. You bring up Gus just to say he's not an NHL dman for no real reason. So I'm pretty sure you're now just trolling me. Unless you want to provide some sort of basis for what you're saying I won't be responding anymore.

Ranford went unsigned but I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything though.
did jonathan matsumoto get a look? he put up a lot of points. did pat maroon get a look, he put up some points. who els eput up points and didnt get a look?so then if you dont out up points will you also not get a look? it isnt all about putting up points but you know that already correct? well i m glad you think he will get a look, i will say he will be amung the first cuts come training camp, that is even if he isinvited to the main camp. i guess time will tell.

i have stated that he is weak in his own end, is physically overmatched. his offense in the ahl isn translating to the nhl. he just isnt good enough on a contending team if you read the post that was pretty clear what i said. it is yor business if you respond, makes no diff to me at all.

ranford another guy some people were upset they didnt sign and all that jazz.hence the overrating aspect. you probably like wellwood dont you?

Closed Thread