HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

vCash: 500
If Fucale is still avalaible at our 1st rounder, we take him. BPA. This kid is incredible..not enough credit and always ranked to low in the mock drafts.

Old
04-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
If Fucale is still avalaible at our 1st rounder, we take him. BPA. This kid is incredible..not enough credit and always ranked to low in the mock drafts.
I agree... its not a super sexy pick but it fills a need at BPA and its a quality choice.

Old
04-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Le Gros Poulet

Drew Leblanc signs with the Chicago Blackhawks. He would have looked great on Montreal. Hopefully Marc Bergevin has an eye on Antoine Laganiere. It would make our prospect pool even deeper.

Old
04-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Max Domi is something special.

If he doesn't go top 15, there should be a criminal investigation.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:27 PM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Max Domi is something special.

If he doesn't go top 15, there should be a criminal investigation.
Has he ever played wing with London or he's only a centre?

Old
04-12-2013, 08:30 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
Has he ever played wing with London or he's only a centre?
He's spent a lot of time on the wing. His rookie season was almost exclusively played on the wing IIRC.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:31 PM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
He's spent a lot of time on the wing. His rookie season was almost exclusively played on the wing IIRC.
Looking at his stats (never saw him live), he seems to be a good goal scorer too not only a playmaker. Could be a pretty interesting pick with Galchy and Eller down the center.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Looking at his stats (never saw him live), he seems to be a good goal scorer too not only a playmaker. Could be a pretty interesting pick with Galchy and Eller down the center.
He's really versatile and he's not scared of contact even though he's ''small''.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:37 PM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He's really versatile and he's not scared of contact even though he's ''small''.
Is he playing a ''in your face'' kind of game a la Marchand/Gallagher or he's more skilled forward who won't avoid contact?

Old
04-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Is he playing a ''in your face'' kind of game a la Marchand/Gallagher or he's more skilled forward who won't avoid contact?
He's not Marchand/gally but he won't avoid it. Kinda in the middle of it

Edit: Bailey showing great hustle with the puck and good explosion!

Old
04-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Bailey has had about 2 good shifts tonight, that was one of them. But boy was it mouth watering.

Also, Stars fans have to be concerned about Radek Faksa. His offensive game seems to be regressing.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Bailey has had about 2 good shifts tonight, that was one of them. But boy was it mouth watering.

Also, Stars fans have to be concerned about Radek Faksa. His offensive game seems to be regressing.
Last year I tought he would be one of the draftee burning the league... Did not happen ?

Also, Zadorov is mouth watering. That shift he had in the corner... Damn.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Last year I tought he would be one of the draftee burning the league... Did not happen ?
Nope. In fact, he was very bad offensively for a highly touted player. 31 points in 39 games. 6 points in 10 playoffs games.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Nope. In fact, he was very bad offensively for a highly touted player. 31 points in 39 games. 6 points in 10 playoffs games.
In almost all games I've seen Domi AND Horvat out played him..

Old
04-12-2013, 08:56 PM
That

Quote:

I don't think Stars fans should be too concerned. He had a rough year with injuries and the whole team couldn't score for the first half of the season. The system is also very defence orientated. Look at Leivo's and Corrado's numbers after the trade from Sudbury, both of their point-per-game paces dropped quite a bit.

As for Bailey, that's very typical of him. Will do some things that will make you say "wow" by using his size/skill combination together and then the next shift will completely forget that he's allowed to use his size to his advantage.

Quote:
In almost all games I've seen Domi AND Horvat out played him..
You've only seen Kitchener when they've played London?

Old
04-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhabs88 View Post
Drew Leblanc signs with the Chicago Blackhawks. He would have looked great on Montreal. Hopefully Marc Bergevin has an eye on Antoine Laganiere. It would make our prospect pool even deeper.
We have a lot of open contracts for next year, surprised they have not signed any Euro, CHL or NCAA FA's.

Old
04-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I don't think Stars fans should be too concerned. He had a rough year with injuries and the whole team couldn't score for the first half of the season. The system is also very defence orientated. Look at Leivo's and Corrado's numbers after the trade from Sudbury, both of their point-per-game paces dropped quite a bit.

As for Bailey, that's very typical of him. Will do some things that will make you say "wow" by using his size/skill combination together and then the next shift will completely forget that he's allowed to use his size to his advantage.

You've only seen Kitchener when they've played London?
For Bailey, I don't think its really concerning... It might be a good thing that he does it at least a bit... With coaching and developement things could happen...

And no, its the first game of this playoff I watch. Other games were in the regular season, as I was really high on Zadorov(I am still.)

Old
04-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Max Iafrate just went full retard. Domi is a bit of a troll though, heh.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Max Iafrate just went full retard.
To be honest... I would've too

Old
04-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Well if we want to build a team filled with trolls....Max Domi is a pretty good choice.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:07 PM
That

Quote:
For Bailey, I don't think its really concerning... It might be a good thing that he does it at least a bit... With coaching and developement things could happen...

And no, its the first game of this playoff I watch. Other games were in the regular season, as I was really high on Zadorov(I am still.)
I think it's very concerning. I very rarely recall seeing Bailey go out there and put together consecutive shifts where he's used his size. If he could use all his tools for even stretches of games, I would feel much better about his inconsistencies. But he doesn't, and that's very concerning. It makes you wonder if he'll ever be more than a player who occasionally shows flashes.

Also, what's this about Zadorov? I thought this was about Faksa . You quoted Marc's post on Faksa...

Last edited by That: 04-12-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I think it's very concerning. I very rarely recall seeing Bailey go out there and put together consecutive shifts where he's used his size. If he could use all his tools for even stretches of games, I would feel much better about his inconsistencies. But he doesn't, and that's very concerning. It makes you wonder if he'll ever be more than a player who occasionally shows flashes.

Also, what's this about Zadorov? I thought this was about Bailey . You quoted Marc's post on Bailey/Faksa...
Those things come with experience... We rarely see a skill player like Bailey use his size day and day out.. If they do they usually go early in the first round.

Yeah it was about Bailey/Faksa.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:18 PM
That

Quote:
Those things come with experience... We rarely see a skill player like Bailey use his size day and day out.. If they do they usually go early in the first round.

Yeah it was about Bailey/Faksa.
But you normally see players with size be able to use it for more than just a shift here or there. Even skill players (with size) in this years draft like Kujawinski or Dickinson have been able to put together stretches of games where they can completely take over games using their tools.

Bailey's a very, very skilled player, but I want to see him show off the tools he's possesses more than once in awhile.

Then why are you talking about Faksa being outplayed by Domi and Horvat? And then mentioning Zadorov as the reasoning why you watched them in the regular season? I'm so confused...

Old
04-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
But you normally see players with size be able to use it for more than just a shift here or there. Even skill players (with size) in this years draft like Kujawinski or Dickinson have been able to put together stretches of games where they can completely take over games using their tools.

Bailey's a very, very skilled player, but I want to see him show off the tools he's possesses more than once in awhile.

Then why are you talking about Faksa being outplayed by Domi and Horvat? And then mentioning Zadorov as the reasoning why you watched them in the regular season? I'm so confused...
Because Zadorov is the reason why I watched the Knights Nothing else to read into that

Like I've said... I'm not worried... Well I would be if someone would pick him in the first round... But I don't think it will happen.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

So to sum it up:

Domi and Zadorov - Well worth trading either the CGY or NSH 2nd to move up and secure either one, IMO.

Horvat - Would be a solid late 1st rounder. Won't be a star, but a solid piece to a 2nd or 3rd line in a do-it-all type role for sure.

Bailey - The earliest I consider him is with our own 2nd.

Closed Thread