HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Sign Mark Alt to an ELC; signed as ATO with Adirondack (AHL)

Old
04-07-2013, 12:12 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
They're related, cool, Alt was LT for the Chiefs when I became a fan back in the day
Mark is John's son.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
I'll agree with that however he played two years as a defensemen prior to switching to Wing. per - http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...-flyers-lineup
I know. But it's not relevant. Maybe take the odd shift in a pinch, but there have been guys who become fowards because they're more goon than defenseman.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:30 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I would imagine this seals Sullentrop's fate also. Flyers usually sign their non-NCAA guys after the draft or after their first season after being drafted so I guess it should be no surprise.
I completely agree.
Question: could he have signed a PTO without a Flyer contract? If so you'd think they would have given him a look with the Phantoms if they were serious about keeping him.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:16 PM
MN_Gopher

Alt had a fine year. He was asked to play a shut down role. As a result our frshmen golie ended up with a 1.88 GAA. Down from 2.32 and last years senior goalie. Going into the year we figured our D would make or break the season. Alt stepped up.

He has the ability to play on the PP and can move the puck well. He can get wild at times. Very wild. Among gopher d men more like Keith Ballard.

Was an All state QB and could have been a top state player in basketball. Amazing athletism and sports IQ. Not affraid to go for it, but has composure to play if safe. Will need a defined role or like i said, he will be OoC.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:32 PM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Homer heard Phillies fans over the winter saying we should trade for Mike Olt so he traded for this guy.

StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:35 PM
iceman42

I know he is signed, but is he offically with the team? the ahl site doesnt have him listed anywhere even in transactions.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:42 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
I know he is signed, but is he offically with the team? the ahl site doesnt have him listed anywhere even in transactions.
He signed an ATO with them. They don't really play much games during the middle of week so I would guess he'll be in the lineup next game.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
Not sure where I read it, but he was practicing in the first pair with Syvret, due to all the injuries/call ups, so he's with the team.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:52 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 589
Here's a lengthy article from last night...

http://therinkreport.blogspot.com/20...delete-49.html

Quote:
“My dad kind of bred me to be a football player,” Alt said. “That was kind of the plan. I had offers going through high school, and when it came down to it, it was hockey or football. My senior year, I got drafted (into the NHL). I had scholarship offers for football. I chose hockey. I’m glad I did.”

His father, however, was not exactly thrilled.

“We had probably 100 in the course of a couple months, trying to figure out what I was going to do,” the younger Alt said. “He was an unhappy man for a while, which I understand, but the more I’ve progressed and moved on in my career of hockey, he’s understood and become a big fan.”

Alt signed his first professional contract with the Philadelphia Flyers late last week, and inked an amateur try-out with the Phantoms Tuesday. He will spend the last two weeks of this season with Adirondack, and is a candidate to return to the Phantoms’ blue line for the 2013-14 campaign.

By signing those contracts, he opted to forgo his senior season at the University of Minnesota.

“I felt that the time was right for me to take the next step, move on to a smaller sheet,” Alt said. “Obviously, we’re used to playing on a big rink (at Minnesota). Playing a lot more games, whereas college it’s two a weekend. You’re only playing 40 games. It’s time to step up for me.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:40 AM
dats81

Sounds like he is fully commited to playing hockey now.

The skillset and upside is there. Might turn into a steal for the Flyers within a couple of years.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:16 AM
A Clerk
Schennergy

sounds like he's driven and knows what he wants, good to hear that he's ready to make the next step

A Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:35 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

kind of thrown off by alt's appearance, interesting looking dude

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:48 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes