HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 09:13 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
London won 4-1 tonight. Stolarz stopped 35 of 36. London wins the series 4-1 and moves on to the semi-final.

According to London's twitter Stolarz had an "absolute beauty" of a save late in the 3rd.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:28 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Here's a report from an OHL scout on Stolarz:
Quote:
Amazing to see the difference for Anthony Stolarz. He looks much more composed and focused versus where he was early in his OHL career.
Source: Sean Lafortune @SeanLafortune

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-12-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 10:06 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket View Post
did jonathan matsumoto get a look? he put up a lot of points. did pat maroon get a look, he put up some points. who els eput up points and didnt get a look?so then if you dont out up points will you also not get a look? it isnt all about putting up points but you know that already correct? well i m glad you think he will get a look, i will say he will be amung the first cuts come training camp, that is even if he isinvited to the main camp. i guess time will tell.

i have stated that he is weak in his own end, is physically overmatched. his offense in the ahl isn translating to the nhl. he just isnt good enough on a contending team if you read the post that was pretty clear what i said. it is yor business if you respond, makes no diff to me at all.

ranford another guy some people were upset they didnt sign and all that jazz.hence the overrating aspect. you probably like wellwood dont you?
1. Akeson is scoring at a higher ppg pace then either Maroon or Matsumoto and is doing so with virtually no support. Matsumoto's numbers were close but he was terrible in his own zone and showed no interest in improving. Akeson has improved in his own zone and if you followed the phantoms this season that would be evident. Yes he's undersized but so are many other NHLers, that alone isn't enough. you saying his game won't translate means nothing when you have nothing to base this on. and now you're saying he won't even get an invite? he did the past two years and all he has done is improve so why would he all of a sudden not be invited? i guess time will indeed tell...

2. I never said anything about Ranford so please if you're speaking with me don't make blind generalizations to prove a point about others.

3. No, I do not like Wellwood, I think he's a career AHLer (and honestly not a very good one either).

Old
04-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
London won 4-1 tonight. Stolarz stopped 35 of 36. London wins the series 4-1 and moves on to the semi-final.

According to London's twitter Stolarz had an "absolute beauty" of a save late in the 3rd.
I could only watch the 3rd. Stolarz looked good. But Zadorov looked better. Think Malakhov in his prime. Huge, fast, good on D, strong skater and great on O. Knows when to carry it up ice, when to sneak in the backdoor. Very impressive kid, and I'm sure a possible option for us.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:28 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Here's the highlights from tonight's London/Kitchener game. Stolarz's big save is included.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index

Old
04-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Here's a report from an OHL scout on Stolarz:

Source: Sean Lafortune @SeanLafortune
Glad to see him progress. Beating the rangers was no joke and he had a lot to do with it. WTG Stolarz keep it up.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:45 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Glad to see him progress. Beating the rangers was no joke and he had a lot to do with it. WTG Stolarz keep it up.
Well they draw the winner of the Plymouth/Owen Sound series in the Semi-Finals. Plymouth is currently leading the series 3-2. Plymouth is a pretty dynamic offensive team and match up talent wise with London. So London's definitely going to need Stolarz to be big for them if the want to advance to the OHL finals.

That's of course assuming Plymouth wins their series but either way it will be a tough series for London no matter who they play just a little tougher if it is Plymouth.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:06 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Shayne Gostisbehere was named a 2013 Second Team CCM Hockey All-American by the American Hockey Coaches Association on Friday.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Phantoms lost 3-2 to Springfield tonight. Laughton and Alt both picked up their first career AHL point with an assist each.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:32 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Here's the highlights from tonight's London/Kitchener game. Stolarz's big save is included.

Stolarz looks so good.

What the heck was up with that Rangers player attacking the London player for celebrating an empty net goal

Old
04-12-2013, 11:35 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Stolarz looks so good.

What the heck was up with that Rangers player attacking the London player for celebrating an empty net goal
Yes he does. Putting up big games for London.

The London player was Tie Domi's kid Max Domi. I don't think I have to further explain it.

The Kitchener player was Al Iafrate's son Max Iafrate. So two sons of pretty well known former NHL players going at it there.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-12-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 11:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:

The London player was Tie Domi's kid Max Domi. I don't think I have to further explain it.

The Kitchener player was Al Iafrate's son Max Iafrate. So two sons of pretty well known former NHL players going at it there.
Holy **** was Iafrate pissed .

Old
04-13-2013, 02:44 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Quote:

Thanks for the link. The game looked a lot better then the slop we have been watching this season!

Old
04-13-2013, 09:25 AM
BernieParent

Quote:

Both ex Maple Leafs, to boot. Domi's son should have ridden his stick to centre ice, like his dad.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:46 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket View Post
did jonathan matsumoto get a look? he put up a lot of points. did pat maroon get a look, he put up some points. who els eput up points and didnt get a look?so then if you dont out up points will you also not get a look? it isnt all about putting up points but you know that already correct? well i m glad you think he will get a look, i will say he will be amung the first cuts come training camp, that is even if he isinvited to the main camp. i guess time will tell.

i have stated that he is weak in his own end, is physically overmatched. his offense in the ahl isn translating to the nhl. he just isnt good enough on a contending team if you read the post that was pretty clear what i said. it is yor business if you respond, makes no diff to me at all.

ranford another guy some people were upset they didnt sign and all that jazz.hence the overrating aspect. you probably like wellwood dont you?
I'm not saying Jason Akeson is the second coming or anything, but leading your team in scoring @ age 21 and age 22 / in your first 2 years in the AHL is a little bit more impressive than what Matsumoto did. He's also clearly more talented than Matsumoto, his vision/passing is pretty darn good. He's also playing on a team devoid of any/all talent w/ a defensive-minded coach at the helm, while Matsumoto played on teams with a better talent level.

Again, I'm not saying Akeson is a future Flyer, or anything like that, but I find your assessment of his abilities to be ridiculous. I'll be you've never even seen him play live. I also find it ridiculous to say he won't even get a look when he's been invited to camp the last 2 years.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:21 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I'll be you've never even seen him play live. I also find it ridiculous to say he won't even get a look when he's been invited to camp the last 2 years.
It's also important to note that he's performed well in his camps, particularly against NHL level competition in training camps.

(I don't think he got invited this year because of a shortened camp and only a few call-ups from Adirondack to try out.)

That said, Akeson's vision and passing are very easily at NHL level. He can be an offensive weapon.

However, the question is whether or not he can be an offensive force on the wing without the puck on his stick. Akeson is the kind of guy who needs the puck to produce. Center is a better position for him, but he certainly won't get that on the Flyers for defensive problems and the organization depth at the position. So can he produce on the wing as a defensively irresponsible forward who gets knocked off the puck easily?

That's the problem with Akeson. However, if put with a center like Couturier, he might be able to provide secondary offense. That doesn't mean though that he'll become the best option.

He's a longshot for sure, but he definitely has a shot. There are problems with his game, but the level that Ticket seems to be taking this discussion would insinuate that I'm penciling Akeson into the lineup right now. Even with his issues, he's a better option than quite a few AHLers we have floating around.

Old
04-13-2013, 06:51 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Phantoms up 1-0. Laughton with a SH goal.

Old
04-13-2013, 06:53 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Phantoms up 1-0. Laughton with a SH goal.
Awesome sausage .

Old
04-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Awesome.

1st goal as a pro.

Old
04-13-2013, 08:07 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I know, it's PJ Stock, I know... but it was just mentioned on HNIC that Hartzell would probably be signed by the Flyers or something...

Also, Phantoms now have 2 SH goals in tonight's game.

EDIT: It was Friedman.

Old
04-13-2013, 08:09 PM
FlyersFan61290

After going up 2-0 the phantoms fell behind 3-2. Akeson tied the game at 3 with a shorty of his own (his 18th goal of the year).

Old
04-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I know, it's PJ Stock, I know... but it was just mentioned on HNIC that Hartzell would probably be signed by the Flyers or something...

Also, Phantoms now have 2 SH goals in tonight's game.

EDIT: It was Friedman.
Ninja edit!

Anyway, said that the Flyers "were making the biggest run at him," along with Vancouver and Pittsburgh.

Old
04-13-2013, 08:10 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Why would Pitt or Vancouver need him? They have Fluery and Schneider.

Old
04-13-2013, 08:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

Old
04-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I don't think there's much doubt that we give him the best shot at playing time. On the other hand, if you are concerned about developing, perhaps Vancouver is a better match. I guess PIT would want him as a potential backup?

Dunno. That's just what Friedman said.

Closed Thread