HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXV

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 900
maybe our 2nd next year, but I'd rather keep this year's 2nd.

04-11-2013, 03:14 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsman View Post
Our 2nd for Paul Martin at the draft. Assuming we have a list and all the top guys are gone.
Won't be enough imo.

He's been very good this year. Well not sure how he's been last week or two but he was up there with Letang for best Pens Dman this season from what I read/heard/saw.

Sure they may want to dump him for cap space but there would be takers for him. Even with cap going down.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:48 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
maybe our 2nd next year, but I'd rather keep this year's 2nd.
He has been really good this year, but in our defensive system he would look like a bigger version of Hunwick. Penguins defensive system is making effin Niskanen look like a top 3 defenseman.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
PAZ

Hunwick serves no purpose for this team. He rushes the puck way too much IMO, and Sacco hasn't implemented a good enough system in case he losses the puck. The goal against in the Ducks game directly from Hunwick rushing the puck up, losing it, and no one covering his spot in the neutral zone, which led to the 2 on 1.

We have EJ who can rush the puck. We have Barrie who can do the outlet and carry the puck. We'll have Elliot who can do that as well. I wouldn't mind keeping Hunwick until next years deadline, but by then he needs to go. He's still a servicable bottom pairing PMD, but he has no place on the Avs.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Hunwick serves no purpose for this team. He rushes the puck way too much IMO, and Sacco hasn't implemented a good enough system in case he losses the puck. The goal against in the Ducks game directly from Hunwick rushing the puck up, losing it, and no one covering his spot in the neutral zone, which led to the 2 on 1.

We have EJ who can rush the puck. We have Barrie who can do the outlet and carry the puck. We'll have Elliot who can do that as well. I wouldn't mind keeping Hunwick until next years deadline, but by then he needs to go. He's still a servicable bottom pairing PMD, but he has no place on the Avs.
Hunwick probably has "some" knowledge he can pass on to Barrie and Elliott, that would actually help them. We have no other PMDs to help them out.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:03 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Hunwick probably has "some" knowledge he can pass on to Barrie and Elliott, that would actually help them. We have no other PMDs to help them out.
How to earn three, one-way contracts while having no business playing in the league?

Old
04-11-2013, 04:03 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Maybe he can teach them how to hold something over Sacco's head to get 24 min a night?

Old
04-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

He eats nachos like a pro.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
How to earn three, one-way contracts while having no business playing in the league?
Dude has certainly milked a lot of money out of being a marginal player.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Dude has certainly milked a lot of money out of being a marginal player.
I think he earned a lot of respect last year when he was a healthy scratch often but was a positive guy in the locker room and worked hard in practice. Avs know he's able to handle being a #7 should they want him to be.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:21 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
He has been really good this year, but in our defensive system he would look like a bigger version of Hunwick. Penguins defensive system is making effin Niskanen look like a top 3 defenseman.
cause their coach has a brain.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think he earned a lot of respect last year when he was a healthy scratch often but was a positive guy in the locker room and worked hard in practice. Avs know he's able to handle being a #7 should they want him to be.
And that's why I think we should keep him.

At the very least, he is a solid #7 and a great team player.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:21 AM
shadow1

Pittsburgh's defense looks/is good because their defensemen are good at getting the puck to the forwards, and the forwards are good at keeping it in the other team's zone.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Random thought, but I wish we could somehow get our hands on Mika Zibanejad.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
get ready to pay up. Unless Ottawa is run by Washington's GM, I don't think and highly rated young guns are going to be leaving the Sens.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
You never know, you might get your wish when the Avs are able to trade O'Reilly again.

Other than that, we ain't gettin him.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Its to bad Girardi isn't a Lefty, he would really turn our Defense around, and I get the feeling he could probably be had for a little on the cheap side this summer with the Cap dropping.

Even so, if we got Girardi imagine a Siemens - Girardi pairing in a couple years.

Would probably be the best Shutdown pairing in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
get ready to pay up. Unless Ottawa is run by Washington's GM, I don't think and highly rated young guns are going to be leaving the Sens.
If we end up drafting Mackinnon or Barkov at the draft, I think I would rather trade ROR next year then Stastny.

ROR would bring us back a much better return, including a legit Top pairing Defender or Top 4 Dman + something else.

Stastny's value is gonna suck from now on because of the Cap drop. We would be lucky to get a good Top 4 Dman for him now in a 1 for 1 deal and without retaining salary.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Would NYR actually deal Girardi?
Who cares if he's a lefty or righty he would be great to have with the Avs. Huge upgrade over most everyone.
Actually a guy I kind of hope makes Canada's Olympic team.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Would NYR actually deal Girardi?
Who cares if he's a lefty or righty he would be great to have with the Avs. Huge upgrade over most everyone.
Actually a guy I kind of hope makes Canada's Olympic team.
I don't think he's good enough to make Team Canada.

Part of the reason he is looked at as so strong defensively is the goalie playing behind him and the system he is in.

He is definitely among the Top 10-15 pure Defensive defenders, but I think he is slightly overrated. Would be an ideal #3 guy IMO. Even a Rangers fan posted recently that he benefits greatly from having Staal and McDonagh ahead of him.

Even so, I would still try to aquire him for the right price. Maybe a deal around Stastny, or Elliott + 2013 2nd.

Rangers fans were asking for Siemens+, but with how weak we are on the left side, and the fact that Siemens could just as easily be equal to if not better then Girardi makes me say no to Siemens.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
I don't think he's good enough to make Team Canada.

Part of the reason he is looked at as so strong defensively is the goalie playing behind him and the system he is in.

He is definitely among the Top 10-15 pure Defensive defenders, but I think he is slightly overrated. Would be an ideal #3 guy IMO. Even a Rangers fan posted recently that he benefits greatly from having Staal and McDonagh ahead of him.

Even so, I would still try to aquire him for the right price. Maybe a deal around Stastny, or Elliott + 2013 2nd.

Rangers fans were asking for Siemens+, but with how weak we are on the left side, and the fact that Siemens could just as easily be equal to if not better then Girardi makes me say no to Siemens.
Eh, I've just always loved his game. Unapologetic hard nosed defensive guy who would be a huge upgrade over Zanon/O'Brien. Last time I made my Team Canada list was last season, it hasn't been as strong a year for NY obviously.

Hopefully not for Siemens though. It may not be the worst deal out there though, would rather deal Elliott.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Eh, I've just always loved his game. Unapologetic hard nosed defensive guy who would be a huge upgrade over Zanon/O'Brien. Last time I made my Team Canada list was last season, it hasn't been as strong a year for NY obviously.

Hopefully not for Siemens though. It may not be the worst deal out there though, would rather deal Elliott.
Yea, the Rangers haven't had the greatest of years, considering the expectations they had going in.

And with McDonagh, Staal, and MDZ all there along with now Moore in the system, I would think Girardi to be the odd man out this summer. They do need to shed a bit of cap space to.

If we could get him for Elliott+ that would be awesome. Siemens is so important to the team being the only LHD prospect we have with huge potential that I think he would be a non starter in any trade unless it was to bring back another LHD.

Hopefully one of our Rightys can make the switch to the Left side. Especially if we draft Jones and have all of Jones, EJ, Elliott, and Barrie potentially on the Right side. One of them would have to switch or get traded.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:11 AM
Joey Moss

Do you guys think you'll be re-signing Patrick Bordeleau?

Old
04-13-2013, 01:30 AM
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Avs have a history of giving cheap take it or leave offers to 3rd and 4th line grinders so there is chance he won't be back next season.

Old
04-13-2013, 02:50 AM
AvsFanRCN

Quote:
I have a feeling that if we don't, montreal will

Old
04-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 133
Quote:
I highly suspect that it depends on Bordeleau's willingness to sign a 1 year, 2 way contract for league minimum.

I for one hope we bring him back. He's a great fighter who's actually pretty decent at the whole hockey thing. What he did for Aittokallio last game was straight up awesome.

Closed Thread