HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So to sum it up:

Domi and Zadorov - Well worth trading either the CGY or NSH 2nd to move up and secure either one, IMO.

Horvat - Would be a solid late 1st rounder. Won't be a star, but a solid piece to a 2nd or 3rd line in a do-it-all type role for sure.

Bailey - The earliest I consider him is with our own 2nd.
Really? Only our second ? I'd be willing to take a chance on a big-bodied guy like him, with the level of skill he has with the Nashville pick, but I agree it would be amazing to get him with our 2nd, he's pretty young also.

And for Domi/Zadorov... I don't think a second and our pick moves us up to the 8-15 range

Old
04-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Yup, only our second. It's very possible the NSH pick will be 35th-37th. I think there will be better prospects than Bailey available with those 2 early 2nd round picks.

And you are right, it will most likely take more than a second+our 1st to get into the range to get Domi/Zadorov. But you never know what can happen.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:49 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
So to sum it up:

Domi and Zadorov - Well worth trading either the CGY or NSH 2nd to move up and secure either one, IMO.

Horvat - Would be a solid late 1st rounder. Won't be a star, but a solid piece to a 2nd or 3rd line in a do-it-all type role for sure.

Bailey - The earliest I consider him is with our own 2nd.
I agree completely with your ratings.
Quote:
Yup, only our second. It's very possible the NSH pick will be 35th-37th. I think there will be better prospects than Bailey available with those 2 early 2nd round picks.

And you are right, it will most likely take more than a second+our 1st to get into the range to get Domi/Zadorov. But you never know what can happen.
Giving up our first and 2nd picks to draft Domi or Zadorov would be great,even if Bergevin has to add a prospect to get it done.Bournival or Vail could be enough depending upon the team Bergy has to trade for the pick.Domi and Zadorov are both special players the types that win Championships and a 1st + 2nd and Bournival should be enough IMHO.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:38 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
No way Toronto does not draft Domi.

Old
04-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
No way Toronto does not draft Domi.
I doubt he will be there.

He's suppose to go top 15, no ?

Old
04-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

That's what he meant They're going downnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Old
04-13-2013, 08:54 AM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

I loved the face Burke did when we took the player he wanted (Galchenyuk )
I wouldn't mind doing the same thing this year and snatch Domi.

Me I would throw our 1st + one 2nd + Thrower for a pick that could get us Domi.

With the remaining seconds, I'll try to pick Morin and Carrier.

Then in the 3rd, I'll pick Michael McCarron and Michael Downing. The first is a huge (6ft5, 225lbs) 3rd-4th line grinder with excellent defensive ability. The second is a big defenseman with physicality and defensive awareness. They are both from the USA NDP, a program that Timmins loves.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Et le But

Domi is great, but I wouldn't trade up for him just because I don't want to hear crying about smurfs and how we should have picked Gauthier just for his height.

Trading up for Zadorov though...gladly. Or Wennberg, or Erne (though I dislike Erne because he looks like a goober)

Old
04-13-2013, 11:16 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'd trade up for Zadorov.. wouldn't for Domi or Erne.. skeptical about doing it for Wennberg.. might as well use the 2nd we would relinquish to take Burakowsky and see if he puts it all together.

Old
04-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

I don't know, unless there's a possibility of trading in the top 5, I think we should keep all our picks, draft some more depth with potential, especially since this year, top 60 is filled with pretty good potential (3rd round might be interesting too).

And Domi, while he's slick and skilled with the puck, doesn't quite interest me, Gauthier neither (unless he slips to our CGY pick, just not in 1st round). Mantha (most probably won't be there), Wennberg, Hartman or Rychel, we just need those kind of players (yeah, yeah BPA...).

Old
04-13-2013, 12:47 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Mantha?

Old
04-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I'm right there with you. I believe 5 of his games were televised this year and he underwhelmed me every single time with his compete and battle level. Way too many Benoit Pouliot/Pierre Dagenais flashbacks.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Draft

Quote:
I'm right there with you. I believe 5 of his games were televised this year and he underwhelmed me every single time with his compete and battle level. Way too many Benoit Pouliot/Pierre Dagenais flashbacks.
I am also in this camp. Hopefully he is too far out of reach to be tempted. You can't deny he has flashes and puts up the points though.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:43 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'd trade up for Zadorov.. wouldn't for Domi or Erne.. skeptical about doing it for Wennberg.. might as well use the 2nd we would relinquish to take Burakowsky and see if he puts it all together.
Exactly my thought.. I want Zadorov bad but I think he will be picked too high..

Old
04-13-2013, 02:48 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Unless Mantha and Gauthier are absolutely outstanding at the Combine, my feeling is that both will fall to the 2nd round.Far too many players have shown the consistent all around game coupled with a passion and talent leading their teams.Any player falling short of that this season will stand out like a sore thumb.Just my opinion.

Old
04-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Trading up could be good for the right player but I would prefer to keep the ~25 overall pick and two ~35 picks (NSH and CGY). Adding what will likely be 3 first round ranked players from Timmins list is going to really replenish the cupboards. Throughout draft history a lot of good players have been available at this range of picks.

The most intriguing part of course the Habs had these picks for a while so the scouting staff perhaps scouted this range of players more than usual.

Old
04-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Trading up could be good for the right player but I would prefer to keep the ~25 overall pick and two ~35 picks (NSH and CGY). Adding what will likely be 3 first round ranked players from Timmins list is going to really replenish the cupboards. Throughout draft history a lot of good players have been available at this range of picks.

The most intriguing part of course the Habs had these picks for a while so the scouting staff perhaps scouted this range of players more than usual.
Same here. This draft is deep people. There will be top 60 players that will make a bigger impact than players chosen before them. I'd stay put so far. There's so many guys I'd like to go with that unless you're talking about Jones, McKinnon or Drouin, the #30 might end up becoming better than #4.

Old
04-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Unless Mantha and Gauthier are absolutely outstanding at the Combine, my feeling is that both will fall to the 2nd round.Far too many players have shown the consistent all around game coupled with a passion and talent leading their teams.Any player falling short of that this season will stand out like a sore thumb.Just my opinion.
I could see Gauthier fall to round 2, mainly because his realistic projection may just be a big but soft 3rd line C like Bonk was here. I think someone takes Mantha in round 1 regardless of what happens between now and the draft due to his scoring tool.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I just want the habs to use one of their 2nds on a guy who's physical, can really fight and at this point in time may have limited goal scoring, but that could turn around.

We need tough prospects, too.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:22 PM
That

Quote:
I feel the same way. He's so skilled, but lazy. He's big, but I find he very rarely uses his size. He's got a very poor defensive game, but he does try every now and then. I find him to be a pure finisher, and not much else. He can bring so much more to the table, but he doesn't. Very frustrating.

Same with Kerby Rychel. Rychel is more physical than Mantha, but he doesn't do it on a consistent basis and he doesn't backcheck...ever.

Both Mantha and Rychel are players who I don't want in the first unless we're picking past the 25th pick. I'd much rather prefer them in the second, however I don't they are there. Both players, especially Mantha, have very enticing skillsets.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:02 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
No, I don't want to go anywhere near lazy players with work ethic problems.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
50 goals pretty much stands out like a sore thumb. Can't say about Gauthier, but I really doubt Mantha gets past 20. People overrate intangibles so much, they forget those players aren't even allowed to walk into a bar in Ontario.

Old
04-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
The same can be said of Zadorov at times in regards to his willingness to compete. A lot of nights he doesn't even break a sweat. I can pretty much assure folks that the Habs won't be trading up to pick Zadorov, and that Horvat and Domi would be more likely candidates.

Old
04-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
50 goals pretty much stands out like a sore thumb. Can't say about Gauthier, but I really doubt Mantha gets past 20. People overrate intangibles so much, they forget those players aren't even allowed to walk into a bar in Ontario.
Watch any of the games in Mantha's last playoff series and get back to us. :-) You don't assume a player is going to be picked high by looking at his numbers. Steve Bernier scored 50 goals in his draft year too did he not?

Old
04-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Grant McCagg

I'm almost positive Morin will be drafted ahead of Mantha...he'd be a player worth moving up for. Someone who isn't getting much attention on here is McCoshen...he's a late riser, and pretty much a lock to be picked in the 20's. I've heard comparisons to McDonagh.

Closed Thread