HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 12:22 AM
KillEmAll83
Rakastan Lainetta

vCash: 50
Belleville Bulls 5 - Sudbury Wolves 0
Round 2 Game 4 - Bulls win series 4-0
Last Updated: Final

PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIM
Austen Brassard101+10

1. BELV A. Brassard, (3) (B. Gaunce, J. Subban), 15:21

Quinnipiac 4 - St. Cloud State 1
NCAA Frozen Four Semifinals
Last Updated: Final

PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIM
Jordan Samuels-Thomas112+20

1st 01:49 PP J. SAMUELS-THOMAS (RUSSELL GOODMAN)
1st 05:07 EV BEN ARNT (J. SAMUELS-THOMAS)

UMass Lowell 2 - Yale 3
NCAA Frozen Four Semifinals
Last Updated: Final OT

PlayerMINSSVGASV%GAA
Connor Hellebuyck66:5947443.9362.69

Upcoming Games

April 13

April 19

Blainville-Boisbriand Armada vs. Baie-Comeau Drakkar
Round 3 Game 1
6:30 CST

These violent delights... have violent ends

Last edited by KillEmAll83: 04-13-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 04:02 AM
Jesus Christ Horburn

vCash: 500
I had kind of written JST off as a prospect.

It's good to see he's making a difference for Quinnipiac. Hopefully they win the title.

Old
04-12-2013, 04:14 AM
GJF
Beaver Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I had kind of written JST off as a prospect.

It's good to see he's making a difference for Quinnipiac. Hopefully they win the title.
So did I. Just like I did on Saponari to be honest.

Somethings you like to be wrong.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Yeah, don't write off JST, I think his game will transfer very well into the Pro's.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Rheged
JMFT

He was a hard guy to get a read on as a Jets fan since he had to sit out last season and most of us wouldn't have been paying attention to him prior to that, didn't really know what we were gonna get.

Definitely has exceeded my expectations this season, looking forward to seeing him in training camp next year.

--

Also see that U-ML had no shots in the overtime period last night, seems like Yale really had them outmatched.

It's too bad that we couldn't have seen 2 Jets prospects head to head in the final, regardless though it would be hard to imagine a better freshman season for Hellebuyck.

Last edited by Rheged: 04-12-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old
04-12-2013, 10:51 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
So did I. Just like I did on Saponari to be honest.

Somethings you like to be wrong.
I wasn't sure what to expect from big Saps, but I have always had my eye on JST.

He is a big man with a really nice release on his wrister. Haven't seen him play a ton, but you gotta think he could do some damage in and around the net at any level, even if it is a depth role.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:32 AM
upperdeckjet

I think JST plays RW.

Can anyone confirm?

That would be awesome.

Old
04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperdeckjet View Post
I think JST plays RW.

Can anyone confirm?

That would be awesome.
Hockeydb has him as LW

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107535

Old
04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 905
Keith McCambridge was just interview on TSN 1290 by Rick Ralph and was pretty much raving about my boy Adam Lowry. Says he eased him in to start but is now already using him on face-offs, on the pp, and on pk as well, based upon the trust he has gained due his physicality and the quality of his play. Very encouraging to hear the AHL coach pumping Lowry's tires to that extent given that Lowry has only been there for such a short period of time.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:10 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Keith McCambridge was just interview on TSN 1290 by Rick Ralph and was pretty much raving about my boy Adam Lowry. Says he eased him in to start but is now already using him on face-offs, on the pp, and on pk as well, based upon the trust he has gained due his physicality and the quality of his play. Very encouraging to hear the AHL coach pumping Lowry's tires to that extent given that Lowry has only been there for such a short period of time.

I found it interesting that McCambridge said Lowry needs to fill out his form (was during last St.J game).
I thought Lowry looks pretty strong and pretty physically developed already.

EDIT:
It was in a positive way, as in along the lines of: once he fills out he'll be a real positive player in the pro-level

Old
04-12-2013, 01:38 PM
ps241
Good luck Josh

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I found it interesting that McCambridge said Lowry needs to fill out his form (was during last St.J game).
I thought Lowry looks pretty strong and pretty physically developed already.

EDIT:
It was in a positive way, as in along the lines of: once he fills out he'll be a real positive player in the pro-level
The one thing that doesn't suprise me at all is that Adam would be a coach friendly prospect. he has many strengths but the one thing that seems obvious when you listen to him is that he really understands the game at a level beyond his years.

when Lowry has the weight on his frame to impose himself in a similar fashion on pros like he did in the WHL this past season we will see something special. I think its easy for a coach to visualize Adam's power game being effective with another 15 to 20 pounds of muscle. Adam would be the exact type of player you would love to coach.

I'll be honest.....I am pleasantly suprised, I thought it would take Adam a little longer to adapt to the speed and strength of the AHL (not the mental side but the physical side)

Old
04-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Guerzy
I'm a raving lunatic

vCash: 69
Quote:

Fantastic to hear, thanks for passing that along Gump!

Last edited by Guerzy: 04-12-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 02:15 PM
jetkarma*

Quote:

OUR boy

but seriously this kid has hockey knowledge like crazy plus is academically smart , he GETS it. Coaches will always love him.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

They are replaying the McCambridge interview coming up next....
http://www.tsn.ca/Winnipeg/listen/

Old
04-12-2013, 08:47 PM
ps241
Good luck Josh

Quote:
They are replaying the McCambridge interview coming up next....
http://www.tsn.ca/Winnipeg/listen/
I caught it on the rebound right when jumped into my vehicle after reading your post Gump.

hard to not love that 3rd round pick...that is why it is exciting to have 6 picks in the first three rounds this year. Knowing we pulled Lowry from the 3rd round makes me realize how valuable those picks can be when you get it right. Adam has a ways to go but listening to How coach already trusts him lets me know he should have a solid year in the AHL next season at a minimum. Would love to see him report to camp at north of 210 Next fall.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:

No one should have doubted you Gump. He's no sure thing but if he is earning the coach's trust that quickly that's a super good thing. Do you think there's a chance he gets a sniff of the big club next year?

Old
04-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
He's no sure thing but if he is earning the coach's trust that quickly that's a super good thing. Do you think there's a chance he gets a sniff of the big club next year?
Not sure what you mean by the "he's no sure thing" comment? No one is guaranteed to be a star but it is fairly safe to project that he will be an NHL player within a few years. No one claimed he'd be a star.

He is a super cerebral player - the result of being mentored from day one by his father who was a very smart NHL player in his own right. He is a kid that (since he was drafted) has grown physically by an incredible amount into a 6'5", 205 lb beast already. One of the reasons he was drafted where he was in the third round is because at that time he'd yet to grow into his body, he was gangly, awkward looking, and was probably not strong enough in testing as a result. People in the past also knocked his skating because he looked like a spider on the ice when he was younger, was all arms and legs. This past season he became the only consensus WHL All-Star selection due that he is a responsible player that plays a 200 ft game; you have to be able to skate to accomplish that. You have to be able to skate to become so quickly acclimatized to AHL pro as well. He isn't Bure but his skating isn't really much of an issue, either.

I still think there is a chance we could see him on the Jets at some point next season, in a limited role if he gains 10 or 15 pounds over the summer. There are a ton of expiring contracts at the end of this season and that could present an opportunity for him at camp. There will also be injury call-ups. I suspect what will probably happen though is he'll eventually earn his NHL spot on merit based upon AHL play after some time spent there. I've watched all of his AHL games and he appears a bit tentative right now, but that is also natural when learning a new system on the fly.

This is a kid that plays a very physical game, hits with regularity, forechecks religiously and hard and heavy whenever possible, he also goes to the net and battles for garbage where others won't. Imagine an Andrew Ladd on steroids, but one that battles in the paint much harder. What I see when I watch him play is the sort of player that the current Jets roster is missing in their forward mix, a pure power forward. I hope he does play for the club at some point in the next year and wouldn't bet against him succeeding.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:48 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1413
IMO Its looking more and more likely that Lowry will a regular member of the Jets sooner rather than later.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:54 AM
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net

vCash: 0
There is an interview on the IceCaps' Youtube channel where Brian Rogers interviews Lowry. Go and take a watch.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
There is an interview on the IceCaps' Youtube channel where Brian Rogers interviews Lowry. Go and take a watch.
Here it is:

Old
04-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by the "he's no sure thing" comment? No one is guaranteed to be a star but it is fairly safe to project that he will be an NHL player within a few years. No one claimed he'd be a star.

He is a super cerebral player - the result of being mentored from day one by his father who was a very smart NHL player in his own right. He is a kid that (since he was drafted) has grown physically by an incredible amount into a 6'5", 205 lb beast already. One of the reasons he was drafted where he was in the third round is because at that time he'd yet to grow into his body, he was gangly, awkward looking, and was probably not strong enough in testing as a result. People in the past also knocked his skating because he looked like a spider on the ice when he was younger, was all arms and legs. This past season he became the only consensus WHL All-Star selection due that he is a responsible player that plays a 200 ft game; you have to be able to skate to accomplish that. You have to be able to skate to become so quickly acclimatized to AHL pro as well. He isn't Bure but his skating isn't really much of an issue, either.

I still think there is a chance we could see him on the Jets at some point next season, in a limited role if he gains 10 or 15 pounds over the summer. There are a ton of expiring contracts at the end of this season and that could present an opportunity for him at camp. There will also be injury call-ups. I suspect what will probably happen though is he'll eventually earn his NHL spot on merit based upon AHL play after some time spent there. I've watched all of his AHL games and he appears a bit tentative right now, but that is also natural when learning a new system on the fly.

This is a kid that plays a very physical game, hits with regularity, forechecks religiously and hard and heavy whenever possible, he also goes to the net and battles for garbage where others won't. Imagine an Andrew Ladd on steroids, but one that battles in the paint much harder. What I see when I watch him play is the sort of player that the current Jets roster is missing in their forward mix, a pure power forward. I hope he does play for the club at some point in the next year and wouldn't bet against him succeeding.
No sure thing to make the big club next fall is what I meant, sorry. Sounds like a great fit here one day.

Old
04-13-2013, 01:46 PM
KillEmAll83
Rakastan Lainetta

Rheged has Part IV up now, we'll head over there!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1402933

Closed Thread