HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flo/Mtl proposal for fun.

Old
08-30-2006, 12:30 AM
GSK*

vCash: 500
Flo/Mtl proposal for fun.

Just a proposal for fun, that not expect i want to Gainey do that, its just for you people lets discuss on.

To Montreal :Stephen Weiss + Mike Van Ryn

To Florida : Alexander Perezhogin + 2nd+ Ryan O'Byrne

My point of view is, we got a great depth chart of winger on the team. Weiss is not a bust, I think with the new NHL rules, he can become a nice center, he got a very good skating/acceleration and he can score goal, not so bad in his own zone. Van Ryn is a good number two defencemen, and he's making only 1.7 millions this year, he still 27 years old.

I think Perezhogin and Weiss got pretty the same value on the market, we give a second pick and a good solid prospect in O'Byrne. Florida doesnt get a really good prospect in defence.

And another one proposal.

To Montreal : Rostislav Olesz + Tyler Plante

To Florida : Carey Price + Alexei Emelin

BTW I know Price is very well rated and not gonna be traded, just relax and think is a funny proposal. I know Plante is not the same value as Price, but Emelin still a risk to take because he may be gonna stay in Russia for a few time .

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 12:32 AM
znk

This is not fun.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
Just a proposal for fun, that not expect i want to Gainey do that, its just for you people lets discuss on.

To Florida : Alexander Perezhogin + 2nd or 1st + Ryan O'Byrne

My point of view is, we got a great depth chart of winger on the team. Weiss is not a bust, I think with the new NHL rules, he can become a nice center, he got a very good skating/acceleration and he can score goal, not so bad in his own zone. Van Ryn is a good number two defencemen, and he's making only 1.7 millions this year, he still 27 years old.

I think Perezhogin and Weiss got pretty the same value on the market, we give a second pick or first and a good solid prospect in O'Byrne. Florida doesnt get a really good prospect in defence.

BTW I know Price is very well rated and not gonna be traded, just relax and think is a funny proposal. I know Plante is not the same value as Price, but Emelin still a risk to take because he may be gonna stay in Russia for a few time .
Don't touch to Carey Price!!!!

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 12:35 AM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Don't touch to Carey Price!!!!
Read the last sentence ***** !

Old
08-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Montrealer

Quote:
Read the last sentence ***** !
So you posted this for your own amusement and don't want anyone to comment on it?

Why not just print it out and post it on your wall?

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 12:52 AM
LeMAD

Olesz for Price? Yes!

As for the first one, i'm not a big fan of Weiss, but Van ryn is really good. I think I would do it too...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 01:20 AM
zednik20

Quote:

I think Perezhogin and Weiss got pretty the same value on the market, we give a second pick and a good solid prospect in O'Byrne. Florida doesnt get a really good prospect in defence.

imagine if it wasn't for fun....

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Habsy

Keenan loves Van Ryn. The owner (Cohen) loves Weiss.

Weiss is a weakling.

Olesz is as soft as that snuggle bear on the softener commercial.

You want to give up our top Goalie and Defensive prospects for those two? Save it for the RDS talkbacks.

Just for fun I mean.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 01:41 AM
Bugsy

If by chance the Habs did entertain the idea of trading Price, the elusive big, #1 center would be coming back.

Players that would be worth losing Price:

Marleau.......Getzlaf............Carter(Jeff)

Aside from those guys, I wouldn't consider losing Price if I were the GM.

BTW, I'm not saying Price alone would get those guys!

Bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 01:53 AM
EagleBelfour

Quote:

Not fun at all.

First one hell yes.
Second one no.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 01:59 AM
NewHabsEra*

First, Plekanec is better than Weiss.. So we dont need Weiss.. Second, you wouldnt trade Perezhogin alone for both Weiss and Van Ryn if I propose you this deal again in few months from now. (the time you realize how good Zhogy is) Third, OByrne could become something really special, I like his upside so much than I wouldnt trade him for Van Ryn straight up.

And who is gonna be our next big starter? Danis? I like Lindberg's potential better... I like Emelin almost as much as OByrne, both developed in 2 extremmely solid prospects, by far our 2 best defensemans prospects at the moment.. .

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 02:03 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
If by chance the Habs did entertain the idea of trading Price, the elusive big, #1 center would be coming back.

Players that would be worth losing Price:

Marleau.......Getzlaf............Carter(Jeff)

Aside from those guys, I wouldn't consider losing Price if I were the GM.

BTW, I'm not saying Price alone would get those guys!
I wouldnt trade Price against any of those guys.

What is the most important position? To me Price has everything to become an elite goaltender in the NHL... Great head on shoulders as well...

Old
08-30-2006, 03:14 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:

The first trade I would consider, I would hate to lose Perezhogin, but Van Ryn would be a nice fit.

The second one I would consider if I was SMOKING CRACK!!!!

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Pascal

yea don't like the 2nd one too much...

1st one i wouldn't consider either unless we lost Markov AND Souray this summer. I think Perezhoghin will be a special player.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Drive425

I honestly believe our Defence prospects are too thin to be trading them away. As far trading Price...not in my worst nightmare! Price has everything, size, agility, good head on his shoulders. This guy will be our starter in the years to come...he will pick up that torch Roy threw away in 1996.(Theo tried to pick it up but his family problems messed up his game)

Price =

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
So you posted this for your own amusement and don't want anyone to comment on it?

HAHA LOL

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post

First, Plekanec is better than Weiss.. So we dont need Weiss.. Second, you wouldnt trade Perezhogin alone for both Weiss and Van Ryn if I propose you this deal again in few months from now. (the time you realize how good Zhogy is) Third, OByrne could become something really special, I like his upside so much than I wouldnt trade him for Van Ryn straight up.
That has to be the most biased thing I've read in at least a couple of weeks. This deal is overwhelmingly stacked in the habs favour, the Panthers wouldn't even remotely consider it.

Van Ryn is already a much better player than O'Byrne has any chance of becoming.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 10:25 AM
LeMAD

People tend to think that all prospects will become "special". But what % of prospects rech their upside? 10%? 20%?

As for our prospect pool to be too thin on D to trade some of them; those are just prospects. If none of them are good enough to fill a spot in the pros, you can get another one via trade anyways...

I agree with Squeaky that the Panthers would never do any of those trades.

Price is pretty good, but he's still really far from the nhl. You can't count on him as our future franchise goalie. I'm not saying it won't happen. But especially for goalies, it's really hard to predict how they will develop. Even Fleury and Lehtonen still haven't prove anything yet, and they were better prospects than Price...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 12:10 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
People tend to think that all prospects will become "special". But what % of prospects rech their upside? 10%? 20%?

As for our prospect pool to be too thin on D to trade some of them; those are just prospects. If none of them are good enough to fill a spot in the pros, you can get another one via trade anyways...

I agree with Squeaky that the Panthers would never do any of those trades.

Price is pretty good, but he's still really far from the nhl. You can't count on him as our future franchise goalie. I'm not saying it won't happen. But especially for goalies, it's really hard to predict how they will develop. Even Fleury and Lehtonen still haven't prove anything yet, and they were better prospects than Price...
I agree dude

I made the thread, because I was thinking that was a "fair deal", I'm pretty sure I would post it in Panthers Forum or General Trade Proposal, and that would be no all wrong like that...

I'm proud to be an Habs fan, but on that forum they're not really fan. They're focused on their team and think all prospect gonna reach their full potential. For exemple, they nearly say that Olesz and Weiss are not good and near a bust... Perezhogin value is not more then Weiss, or Olesz, no *** way. I agree that Price value is very high, but he can bust like a bunch of goalie did. For the second one, I would not do that trade because I'm high on Price like all of you, may be because he was drafted 5th overall.

But for the first trade, I don't if people have see Van Ryn play, but no way O'Byrne can be good like he's. I'm a big fan of Van Ryn and he would be a great fit for the team, we can resign Markov after the January First. Van Ryn is a good number two defencemen.

And for the guys who said we got thin good D prospect...

We got, Emelin, O'Byrne, Fischer, Komisarek have graduated but still young, Mathieu Carle ( got nice offensive skillz ).

So i would do in a heartbeat, Perezhogin + 2nd + O'Byrne vs Stephen Weiss and Mike Van Ryn.

Old
08-30-2006, 12:18 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I would do the first. I don't know anything about Olesz, so I can't comment on the second.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 12:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Van Ryn is already a much better player than O'Byrne has any chance of becoming.
You will regret these words in a couple of years from now.. OByrne is one of my favorite prospects for about 2 years..

Im higher on Plekanec than I am on Weiss and Chistov since their draft day so...

Old
08-30-2006, 12:46 PM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

Quote:

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:

pwned!

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 01:45 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:

Don't worry he is some immature kid who did this in another thread. He posts trades and anybody who does not agree with him he starts calling them names and uses about every filtered word in the book. Waste of time.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
You will regret these words in a couple of years from now.. OByrne is one of my favorite prospects for about 2 years..

Im higher on Plekanec than I am on Weiss and Chistov since their draft day so...
I'm also very high on O'Byrne. But being high on O'Byrne to me means you think he might have a shot at being a 2nd pairing guy if he develops well, otherwise you're looking at a 5/6 dman. From what I have heard, having only seen him maybe once or twice if at all, he lacks the skating or the skills to be any better than a #3 D, and that's if he develops absolutely perfectly. I think his potential is roughly that of a Rivet, with better size. Van Ryns potential is more like a #2 D, though I expect he'll end up more like a solid #3.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote