HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Which players are looking good in the lower rounds (2013)

Old
04-13-2013, 03:04 AM
Caged Great

vCash: 1450
Which players are looking good in the lower rounds (2013)

I was just curious with who might be good in the 3rd round or later this year.

Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:51 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Roberts Lipsbergs hes had a great season this year in the WHL.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:52 AM
rocketfan

Yan Pavel Laplante of th PEI Rocket missed most of the year because of shoulder surgery came back and was dynamite for PEI

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:54 AM
TMFN
HFB Partner

Love Arvidsson.

TMFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:00 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Brandon Shea could be a steal in the later rounds.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Mozesmadness
CANADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Roberts Lipsbergs hes had a great season this year in the WHL.
Lipsbergs would be my choice as well, he has top 6 potential he is a bit undersized but has some good tools, I also like Kurt Etchegary from the Remparts, he plays a good two-way game and is a hard nosed pest, but my big sleeper picks are two Kamloops Blazers, J.C Lipon and Cole Ully. Lipon is an 93 born, who possesses a lot of skill and sandpaper I do believe that whoever picks him will have a third line winger in the Brad Marchand type he has a good shot and good vision on the PP he hits everything and is not afraid to drop the mitts (He fought and held his own with Keegan Lowe who is a bigger tougher D-man after taking a run a Oil Kings skill guy Michael St. Croix in a game earlier this year). My other sleeper pick is Cole Ully he is currently playing on the Blazers top line in the playoffs but for most of the year he ha s been playing on the third line playing on a stacked Blazers team, but he was still producing, he has an NHL caliber shot with good speed and when he grows a bit (I think he will top out at 6'2) he could become a good NHL top nine he doesn't have a ton of sandpaper but is an extremely hard worker and fore-checker, if he grows he will be a steal. I also think he will lead the Dub in scoring one of the next 3 years that's how good I think he will be.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:15 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Did a part of this list on the Leafs board.

Ross Olsson - Big physical forward.
Philippe Desrosiers - Goalie with good potential.
Jean-Sebastien Dea - 2nd year of eligibility, forward with high offensive skills. Great shot and scoring ablilities.
Yan-Pavel Laplante - Falling in the draft because of an injury, forward with a complet game.
Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau - Great offensive forward. Will always find a way to put points, great hockey sense and shot.
Taylor Cammarata - Amazing offensive forward. Puts dominant stats everywhere he wnet.
Alexandre Belanger - Goalie with good potential.
Kurt Etchegary - Two-way forward, play with high energy.
Tommy Veilleux - Physical forward.
Jerome Verrier - 2nd year of eligibility, all-around forward.
Maxime Gravel - Two-way defenseman, also good ofensive abilities.
Tyler Bertuzzi - Physical forward, pest.
Philippe Cadorette - Goalie with good potential.
Adam Chapman - 2nd year of eligibility, Ontario kid, very physical, decent offensively and well-rounded game.
Anthony De Luca - Small but very strong built, good offensive potential, awesome shot.
Brenden Kichton - Didn't sign with the Islanders, re-entry the draft, can't ignore the numbers he puts as an offensive defenseman in his WHL career.
Justin Auger - 2nd year of eligibility, 6'7" winger.
Max Iafrate - 2nd year of eligibility, big physical defensif defenseman.
Nikita Jevpalovs - 2nd year of eligibility, big forward with good hockey sense and skills. Good defensive game as well. Leader with great character and work-ethic. Can explose offensively next year with the Armada in a bigger offensive role.
Sven Andrighetto - 2nd year of eligibility. Very good offensive game, great playmaker with a good all-around game.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Dillon Heatherington will be a nice player. Not sure if he'll go in later rounds. Most boards I've seen have him going somewhere around 60-90. But he's big, skates well and is sound positionally. Not much offence there, but maybe that will come.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:27 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
Lipsbergs would be my choice as well, he has top 6 potential he is a bit undersized but has some good tools, I also like Kurt Etchegary from the Remparts, he plays a good two-way game and is a hard nosed pest, but my big sleeper picks are two Kamloops Blazers, J.C Lipon and Cole Ully. Lipon is an 93 born, who possesses a lot of skill and sandpaper I do believe that whoever picks him will have a third line winger in the Brad Marchand type he has a good shot and good vision on the PP he hits everything and is not afraid to drop the mitts (He fought and held his own with Keegan Lowe who is a bigger tougher D-man after taking a run a Oil Kings skill guy Michael St. Croix in a game earlier this year). My other sleeper pick is Cole Ully he is currently playing on the Blazers top line in the playoffs but for most of the year he ha s been playing on the third line playing on a stacked Blazers team, but he was still producing, he has an NHL caliber shot with good speed and when he grows a bit (I think he will top out at 6'2) he could become a good NHL top nine he doesn't have a ton of sandpaper but is an extremely hard worker and fore-checker, if he grows he will be a steal. I also think he will lead the Dub in scoring one of the next 3 years that's how good I think he will be.
I don't really consider Lipon a sleeper pick when he was on Canada's WJ squad.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:50 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Did a part of this list on the Leafs board.

Ross Olsson - Big physical forward.
Philippe Desrosiers - Goalie with good potential.
Jean-Sebastien Dea - 2nd year of eligibility, forward with high offensive skills. Great shot and scoring ablilities.
Yan-Pavel Laplante - Falling in the draft because of an injury, forward with a complet game.
Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau - Great offensive forward. Will always find a way to put points, great hockey sense and shot.
Taylor Cammarata - Amazing offensive forward. Puts dominant stats everywhere he wnet.
Alexandre Belanger - Goalie with good potential.
Kurt Etchegary - Two-way forward, play with high energy.
Tommy Veilleux - Physical forward.
Jerome Verrier - 2nd year of eligibility, all-around forward.
Maxime Gravel - Two-way defenseman, also good ofensive abilities.
Tyler Bertuzzi - Physical forward, pest.
Philippe Cadorette - Goalie with good potential.
Adam Chapman - 2nd year of eligibility, Ontario kid, very physical, decent offensively and well-rounded game.
Anthony De Luca - Small but very strong built, good offensive potential, awesome shot.
Brenden Kichton - Didn't sign with the Islanders, re-entry the draft, can't ignore the numbers he puts as an offensive defenseman in his WHL career.
Justin Auger - 2nd year of eligibility, 6'7" winger.
Max Iafrate - 2nd year of eligibility, big physical defensif defenseman.
Nikita Jevpalovs - 2nd year of eligibility, big forward with good hockey sense and skills. Good defensive game as well. Leader with great character and work-ethic. Can explose offensively next year with the Armada in a bigger offensive role.
Sven Andrighetto - 2nd year of eligibility. Very good offensive game, great playmaker with a good all-around game.
What about Luca Ciampini?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Mozesmadness
CANADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
I don't really consider Lipon a sleeper pick when he was on Canada's WJ squad.
I guess sleeper is the wrong word for Lipon but the OP question is was who in third round projection will be the best player Lipon is just that.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:06 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
I really like Zach Nastasiuk although he might sneak into the 2nd.

Solid north-south winger.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote