HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 4/13/13 7:00 PM EST CBC, RDS, TSN 690

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2013, 04:48 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Not sure if anyone's taken a peak at this gem yet:

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/hab-fans-this-ones-for-you/

puts the pic above in hilarious context.

People have been saying they don't mind the leafs, that it's really only the bruins fans or even flyers too, but you have all forgotten what it's like when these morons rise under from the shroud of ignominy and ACTUALLY have a competitive team. There is not a more annoying fanbase than these bruin-wannabe (says enough), "history doesn't matter, except for our much more ancient one", making the playoffs makes us the President Trophy winners, **********. They think we're smug, when it's anything but. People say it's the same on both sides. It's not. Just like we're not like the bruins majority.

Ever since the last Cup, all we've been trying to do is win another, not JUST make the playoffs. After the dark years, it felt good to make it, even come first, but we all knew it was Cup or bust. Not with these jokers. So annoying, and I have to deal with their conspiracy nonsense daily.

How easy it is for some of them to forget their Leafs being the joke of the league for so many years. At least it's looking like Leaf fans everywhere will finally get to see their team play an NHL playoff game in HD..

Old
04-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Montreal crowd chants Ole song - Annoying for visiting teams? Sure, I can see why it could be seen as such.

Toronto crowd does the sushi shuffle - Annoying for visiting teams? Nah, just don't understanding missing the first half of every period.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:57 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
We need to win. Simple as that. We have to win puck battles and come Pitt and give a 60min effort. Lets do this!

Go go!

Old
04-13-2013, 04:58 PM

I have a bad feeling bros.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:58 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Montreal crowd chants Ole song - Annoying for visiting teams? Sure, I can see why it could be seen as such.

Toronto crowd does the sushi shuffle - Annoying for visiting teams? Nah, just don't understanding missing the first half of every period.
Let's be fair here: those are not fans, they're businessmen that don't really care of what's happening. No wonder the ACC is a morgue.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Let's be fair here: those are not fans, they're businessmen that don't really care of what's happening. No wonder the ACC is a morgue.
I've sat in those seats multiple times and all I did was make sure to tip the girl a fair amount at the start of the game and she continued to bring me drinks to my seat. I never got up once!

Old
04-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Djeez
Fower Porward

Tonight, we'll get a preview of the playoffs. Montreal cannot afford to lose, since Boston has been awarded a free win over Carolina.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Galchenyuk: 21 pts in 40 games
Seguin: 22 pts in 74 games

Both guys first seasons... both 18 when the season started.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post

Seguin got a shiny thing to put on his finger at the end of his rookie campaign. Will Chuck hold serve? I hope so!

Old
04-13-2013, 05:11 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:

I obviously think Galchenyuk is going to be a better player, I just don't see Seguin having the same impact in a couple of years.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:16 PM
gillings

I am here to save the day.

Go habs Go

We win tonight

Galchenyuk is beast mode

Did anyone notice montreal vs buffalo how the announcers where calling galchenyuk, gal-cheny-uk Like GAL-CHEN-KNEE-UHK

Old
04-13-2013, 05:17 PM
habtastic

I know (if anyone has noticed, prolly not) that I've been on about Emelin quite a bit, but what's everyone's opinion on how we've adjusted our D to fill in his loss?

I was at the ACC last game (awesome time) and I noticed him so much in terms of getting the puck and getting it out.

Is Drewisky/Beaulieu making up for him in your opinions? Also, any timetable for Raphy?

Old
04-13-2013, 05:20 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
I know (if anyone has noticed, prolly not) that I've been on about Emelin quite a bit, but what's everyone's opinion on how we've adjusted our D to fill in his loss?

I was at the ACC last game (awesome time) and I noticed him so much in terms of getting the puck and getting it out.

Is Drewisky/Beaulieu making up for him in your opinions? Also, any timetable for Raphy?
The only thing we can't replace from Emelin's play is his physicality, other than that he's average defensively and easily replaceable in that regard.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

Drewiske and Beaulieu will replace Emelin in the aspect of both solid play down low and the offensive side of things -- moving the puck out of the zone, offensive zone presence. The only thing either of the two DO NOT replace is Emelin's physical factor, which I believe could be a problem once the playoffs begin.

Raphael is still dealing with his concussion but I'd say he'll be ready for the playoffs. Since the Habs have now clinched, there is no need to rush him back.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
04-13-2013, 05:23 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post

Go habs Go

We win tonight

Galchenyuk is beast mode

Did anyone notice montreal vs buffalo how the announcers where calling galchenyuk, gal-cheny-uk Like GAL-CHEN-KNEE-UHK
yup

Man it would be so awesome for tonight if Chucky took his momentum to the next level and scored on a sick deke, a blistering wrister and a one timer.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:31 PM
gillings

Quote:
yup

Man it would be so awesome for tonight if Chucky took his momentum to the next level and scored on a sick deke, a blistering wrister and a one timer.

I don't know why but whenever I watch chucky play I feel I have the same mindset as him.. I am no where near as skilled but I just feel I relate to him the most out of any hockey player in the world.. strange really.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post

Go habs Go

We win tonight

Galchenyuk is beast mode

That's Jim Hughson, he's done it every time he's done a Habs game this year. They need to do an interview with him and ask how to pronounce his name.

Bob Cole, old and senile but he goes down to the room and asks the players how they would like their names pronounced if he's not sure.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:34 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Drewiske and Beaulieu will replace Emelin in the aspect of both solid play down low and the offensive side of things -- moving the puck out of the zone, offensive zone presence. The only thing either of the two DO NOT replace is Emelin's physical factor, which I believe could be a problem once the playoffs begin.

Raphael is still dealing with his concussion but I'd say he'll be ready for the playoffs. Since the Habs have now clinched, there is no need to rush him back.

Don't you guys think that Emelin has shown himself to be a much more complete player in terms of puck control, skating (some of the pivots he makes and with good speed have been the reason I love him so much) and his shot (low, strong and accurate)?

Physicality is, I guess we all agree, something we can't get back, but I'm equally worried about the stuff I mentioned above. I see a lot of posts mentioning him to be mediocre or not playing well, but many games, he's logged lots of tough minutes and been IMO part of our transition attack strategy. Drewiskie is solid in the role we acquired him for and Beaulieu is showing signs, but I still think Emelin's non-physical attributes are missing. Nobody is taking a hit to get it out apart from Subban and Gorges. Emmy was so good at that (along with throwing the guy down). Ahh, I'm just still in mourning.

Hoping Nathan shows us something special tonight, although I expect he's been told to keep it simple. First Habs-Leafs tilt of many many more -- must be quite an experience for him.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Tyson

A good win tonight without any injuries would be nice. Beaulieu pops his first tonight!

Old
04-13-2013, 05:37 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:

Different styles of play.

Although I feel as though Gally is gonna be a gamebreaker, where Seguin is just gonna be above average every game. The former is gonna have 70 spectacular points a season, while the latter will probably peak at the same, but score "quieter" points.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:38 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

I'm going to roll out some of the big guns tonight. Keep an eye out.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:39 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto murphy laws View Post
hey habs fans, could one of you help me out and give me a scouting report on the referee's for tonight's game? just wondering what we're in for, thanks!
Worst. Possible.

BTW, from that awful blog in the comments sections. This guy needs to be punished. Whaaaaat a loser. See, this is the effect Cherry has on the Leaf's faithful:

"Jeff Moore · Owner at Self employed
yeah, isn't that what your mommy does to your socks and underwear...lol. Seriously, you are correct that not every fan should be included in that statement, however, the ones who do act in a classless manner with childish taunts, make you all look bad. But, as far as I'm concerned, the French are a bunch of egotistical dimwits, be they Hab fans or not.
Reply · 3 · Like · 19 hours ago"

You can CTRL/CMD + F to find it on the page, but wow, you need to read this guys other comments. Flag this guy for mental issues.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:39 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Different styles of play.

Although I feel as though Gally is gonna be a gamebreaker, where Seguin is just gonna be above average every game. The former is gonna have 70 spectacular points a season, while the latter will probably peak at the same, but score "quieter" points.
I wouldn't say that, sure Seguin is a spectacular player but Chuckie has his fair share of highlight plays.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:42 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I have a bad feeling bros.
Not to worry.......I am so confident about this one.
It will be close but we are going to steam roll into the playoffs.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:43 PM
habtastic

Anybody just hear Grabo's answer about his GI problems. Said that he's only lived in NA for 5 years (hasn't it been longer?) and so his Russian-adapted stomach can't handle whatever food he's been eating here. Isn't 5 star restaurant food the same everywhere. Also...5 years? Not bashing him, just seems like a weird reason to cite. Could it not just be that he, like thousands, has a stomach infection?

Closed Thread