HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

this is the pgt

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2013, 09:27 PM
jedimyrmidon

vCash: 500
Seems like every time I decide to "troll"/respond to the other side's trolling, this sort of thing happens. So... guess I'll just have to read whatever is being said by Leaf fans, and try my best not to respond.

Old
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWatch View Post
Don't worry guys...

Passion boys Passion...........I love this pressor.......just love it.

Marc Bergevin hire the right man for the job.

Old
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
Good game guys. I dont get all this Price hating, I love the guy and always thought he was amazing.
Most of us don't get it either.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Scotianhab

Bench DD for a game or two.

Ryder-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Pacioretty
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Moen-Halpern-White/Dumont

Old
04-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
It's these types of comments which bother me.

How is Price held to an impossible standard ? He's paid like a top 3 goalie in the NHL and he has a **** save % of 0.912 playing behind a top 3 team in the conference. Expecting better than that is not "impossible standards".
Although I've been a big Price booster, I see his play as worrisome. For the most part Price has been mediocre this year. It concerns me going into the playoffs. I don't feel comfortable with him in the nets. He has had quite a few stinker games this year, many so-so games and even alot of the games where he played well he let in some bananas. I hope the coaching staff can get his game back on track.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Moen, DD, Gionta and Bouillon have to be upgraded.

You're getting embarassed and you don't even shake up the PP Units or the Lines.. Therrien's inability to take DD-BOUILLON-GIONTA off the PP will cost us in the play-offs when those little things matter.

Not being able to make a save in the first period killed us.. Price should've been pulled after the Komarov goal, but as always, Therrien is too late to make a switch or call a time out.

Reimer is an awful goaltender. If we could get over the TO jinx we'd crush them.

Old
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The hyperbole here is amazing.
We used up one of the cap compliance buyouts on Gomez; that one was a no-brainer. I believe we have one buyout left.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:31 PM
david999

I got to admit, you guys whine a lot for a team leading the division.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:32 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Can't win em all. But I want the boys to come out flying next week! 2nd place please!!

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
It's these types of comments which bother me.

How is Price held to an impossible standard ? He's paid like a top 3 goalie in the NHL and he has a **** save % of 0.912 playing behind a top 3 team in the conference. Expecting better than that is not "impossible standards".
The guy gets protected more than any player I've seen... "he's elite" yet his numbers rank him below average goalies. I like Price, and think he can be a top goalie, but he's not there yet. Not close IMO.

Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I don't disagree. And I was very much against his contract term and figures but you have to concede that not many teams play with as open a style as we do. Pinches and swarms all around, all game. It leads to very juicy chances against - goals which mess up a sv% easily.

We can agree on that, right?
Is it really that bad ? I don't know. It's been worse lately I admit but I don't know if we're that much worse than other teams.

But at the end of the day, if you have an ultra conservative defensive system which protects your goalie, then you don't need a good goalie. You can be like the phoenix coyotes and get the last flavor of the month. The goalie is there to make tough saves, not just the easy ones. Budaj is there to make the easy saves. We don't pay him big bucks to make the big saves.

I know that back when we had Diaz healthy we were a heck of a lot better defensively. We were allowing 3rd fewest shots in the league and they weren't good shots. Our defense has lost a few key components and guys like Bouillon are overplayed and overmatched. Diaz can't come back fast enough.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurplunk View Post
This made me lul..
I don't know where Carey was tonight, but I'm not mad
If Boston did this to us I'd be pissed, but the Leafs have been out of the playoff picture for most of the last 10 years.. I really don't see them as much of a rival
Maybe it's just me
I don't see much of a rivalry with the Leafs either. Leaf fans seem to consider it more of a rivalry that what Hab fans do. To me a Leafs game now is the same as a game against Tampa or Florida.

I actually don't mind the Leafs finally making the playoffs this year. I was honestly getting tired of pitying that team and fanbase all those years of missing the playoffs.

Old
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Reimer is an awful goaltender. If we could get over the TO jinx we'd crush them.
I'd have to say that's pretty ignorant. He's not an elite goalie, but he's very solid.

His first 3 seasons are very similar to Carey Price. Not quite as many games and a bit older, but still very solid. Most goalies don't develop until later. Price is a rare breed.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Ralphy*

vCash: 1435
Leafs fan just saying that I think we can all agree after the first period this game was so boring .
First period was fun, I definitely wish it could have been a closer game (obviously not upset we won) just so I didn't have to sit through two periods of relatively boring hockey.

I don't really feel the rivalry between us that strong at this point either. Obviously historically it's huge, but you guys have Boston as the big rival and we have Ottawa I suppose. Maybe Detroit will become our Boston.

Old
habtastic

I actually might be more disappointed with Pacioretty than Price (which is saying a lot).

He is a shadow of his former self and I don't care how many points he has, I don't remember him standing out much. He should be able to beat guys one on one at least 1 out of 5 chances -- can't. Should be able to riffle them -- can't. Should be able to tap in like an average NHLer -- can't. I really hope this is a phase that will end tonight, cuz he is freakin useless. Poor Gally having to play with two guys who have lost the things that made them special.

Ryder was pretty useless tonight. Made Eller and Chucky work overtime and with no help.

Looking forward to seeing the guys get their **** together, cuz even the Buffalo game wasn't that impressive.

Bourque has come along well, now time for him to finish chances. That's been our achilles heel since Kovy left and it's seemed like that lately. When the leafs have 4 or 5 guys who can just put the puck top corner most games, we need to get our scorers into better form.

Last game of the season (if it's clear we're not playing the leafs in POs), someone has to pop Kadri on a clean check. No idea why it didn't happen tonight. It seemed like we were missing 3 or 4 players. As much as this loss is on Price, I saw nothing menacing from the offense. Too predictable, pathetic shots on Reimer as usual, perimeter play.

oh and gionta suckkkkkks

Old
Kurplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
I got to admit, you guys whine a lot for a team leading the division.
After every loss there is Price controversy

Old
04-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Djeez
Fower Porward

Thinking back, I was so pumped for this game. They opened with a very nice first minute + Prust holding the fort VS the caveman that is McLaren.

Sure there was a goal between the two, but that one goal lead seemed like nothing back then...

Old
04-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I don't see much of a rivalry with the Leafs either. Leaf fans seem to consider it more of a rivalry that what Hab fans do. To me a Leafs game now is the same as a game against Tampa or Florida.
The only way that rivalry can be revived is a playoff series between the two teams. It was dormant for 30+ years.

Quote:
I actually don't mind the Leafs finally making the playoffs this year. I was honestly getting tired of pitying that team and fanbase all those years of missing the playoffs.
Same here.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
If we lost one game where Price, Bouillon, Gionta, Gorges, or Desharnais didn't get bashed -- I'd be extremely shocked.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:36 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
Leafs fan just saying that I think we can all agree after the first period this game was so boring .
First period was fun, I definitely wish it could have been a closer game (obviously not upset we won) just so I didn't have to sit through two periods of relatively boring hockey.

I don't really feel the rivalry between us that strong at this point either. Obviously historically it's huge, but you guys have Boston as the big rival and we have Ottawa I suppose. Maybe Detroit will become our Boston.
So you are part of the Toronto Maple Loafs? Cool what position do you play?

The Montreal Canadiens never really cared for the Toronto Maple Leafs. The rivalry is between Montreal and Boston. To a certain extent the New York Rangers.

I don't understand why people think the real rivalry is with the Leaves.

P.S CBC is the worst broadcasting organization on the planet. Holy bias batman.

Winning is not the #1 thing. They want to win THEIR way.....even if it means they're handicapping themselves.
Old
04-13-2013, 09:37 PM
zx81

wow this board is a joke after a loss.
Always the same scapegoats.
How ridiculous.
Yeah it's Moen , DD, Bouillon and Gionta's fault if our goalies couldn't stop a beach ball in the 1st.

Let's not criticize Price though..
I'll say it, Price is not a winner. Habs will lose in the 1st round because of him..The guy is not strong enough mentally.

But hey it's all about DD here. Every loss is because of him.
What a freaking joke.

Jesus Christ, wtf is your problem?

Old
david999

Quote:
You can't blame price for the team only scoring 1 goal.

Old
Tyson

Price does need to raise his game. He has been slightly above average for a good 15 games now. I am getting more comfortable with Budaj than I am with Carey. It is up to Carey, he has to elevate his game.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:38 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Reimer is "terrible"

27gp 16W 5L .922 2.46

Carey Price is "elite"

33gp 19W 9L .912 2.36

Old
04-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Ralphy*

vCash: 1435
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
So you are part of the Toronto Maple Loafs? Cool what position do you play?

The Montreal Canadiens never really cared for the Toronto Maple Leafs. The rivalry is between Montreal and Boston. To a certain extent the New York Rangers.

I don't understand why people think the real rivalry is with the Leaves.

P.S CBC is the worst broadcasting organization on the planet. Holy bias batman.
Maple Loafs actually kind sound of good.

I think the whole "OMG WHICH ONE IS CANADA'S TEAM?????" thing is a big part of the "rivalry".

Closed Thread