4/13 BOSTON BRUINS @ Carolina Hurricanes -Part 2

Old
04-13-2013, 09:31 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
Thats what we have been saying about our players before we got Jagr and Jagr was supposed to be the guy that could put them away now was are saying the same about him.

Well he had a ton of chances. Well thats not good enough. We needed a guy with finish not just another guy that gets chances and dosent finish.
He was the best player on the ice tonight by far.

You're right, he wasn't able to finish, but at least he was creating offense when he was on the ice...something I can't say about anyone else on the team, save Seguin.

He is also playing with a 4th line center and a guy who has looked like he doesn't even belong on an NHL ice surface for most of the season.

If he keeps getting those chances, he will finish. But bottom line...he is creating opportunities for himself and others...it will come.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:32 PM
C77

Quote:
oh you got me with the old did you even watch the game response. You win.

Jagr has one goal as a bruin and it was off his skate. Thats not good enough for the finisher we got at the deadline no matter how many goals he got in his career.
Are you serious?

With any luck at all...any luck tonight Jagr has two goals which would put him at 3 in 6 games.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpie View Post
Here is how it will go. Bruins will outshoot, out skate their opponent, but they won't be able to score, and they will give up a late goal to some scrub.
I hope you are not reffering to Joel Ward...And don't worry Horton will score at least 2 overtime winners

maahchand10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:

Jagr has one goal as a bruin and it was off his skate. Thats not good enough for the finisher we got at the deadline no matter how many goals he got in his career.
Weren't you dogging him earlier in the week too? Come on, don't act like you don't have an axe to grind against Jagr for some stupid reason.

Jaromir Jagr has as many goals this season as any Bruin and has the proven track record to back up the idea that he's probably going to score some goals that don't get directed in off his skate at some point this year.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scotto74
First in line...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
To have Scotto's back here, his point basically is it'd be nice to see him finish, I don't think he's blaming him for the loss at all.

My rebuttal is 1) There are PLENTY of other area's of concern right now that need to be addressed and 2) If you want him scoring goals, play him with Krejci the playmaker. I guarantee he has over that 1 goal total if he is.

As Rick posted before, it's clear Claude is looking to spread the offensive talent, instead of having a first line of Seguin Krejci Jagr, easily the 3 most talented guys on the team that are playing right now. At first, ok, now its to the point of what is there to lose, try it for a game. Demoting Horton and Lucic again will maybe be a message again to them.
wow someone who can read a point and not go crazy like I just kicked their dog. That is exactly what I am saying.

He has been playing very well. BUT we all said we needed a finisher and one goal so far that hit his skate is not the finisher we needed.

your rebuttal has merit and I would like to see him with Krejci as well but until he gets some goals I am not happy with him being the finisher we got at the deadline.

Do I think he can. Hell yes that guy is one of the best ever. He just has not done it yet as a Bruin and noone can tell me he has with his one goal off his skate.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:33 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
I'm going to Try real hard. To make out with Horton wife
I got caught staring at her at Pure Hockey in Medford by Horty I think he was a little insecure of me

Old
Yeti34

Quote:

Wow. Surprised how far off you are on this. He's played 6 games and has over ppg, including a goal. He's the best player on the ice since he got here, and we're ready to run him out of town for getting robbed a couple times tonight?

How long did it take for Pevs and Kelly to click?

Out of all the ? We have on this team right now Jagrs finishing ability should be on the bottom of all our lists.

Edit: just read your last post... Patience the goals will come. He still has an elite shot, and sniping ability.

Jagr does have 15 goals this year, but he was billed as a set up man by many of the Dallas fans.

Yeti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigBadBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Yeah I think the other teams are finally starting to learn how to beat the Bruins: aggressive forechecking. Canes had a 3-2 forecheck at the end of the game with a one goal lead on the line. I think that says enough about how bad the Bruins are at getting it out of their own zone
I don't think this is really new to the Bruins, as teams tried forechecking like this the last couple of years. The Bruins just handled it better in the past. It has now become so predictable that they are going to cycle it back, and our lack of up front speed, that they just don't fear the odd man rushes. They really need to look at pushing the puck up the middle more often and doing it quicker. Just put some variations into how they move the puck up ice.

BigBadBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:34 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Give me a damn break. Talk about clawing for something . . .

Ya cause SV pct. doesn't matter. Stats don't tell all, that's one that tells a whole hell of a lot. The goaltending tandem is probably the thing that has held this thing together.
Bruins give up the least amount of scoring chances of any team in the league. (not lately) Clawing for something ? Not at all, I have my opinion on Rask and it's one that thinks he is NOT the answer.

He could steal not ONE game vs Phily a few years ago, I know its old news but it was a view for into what he was/is as a goalie.

No need for Rask lovers to get all pissy about it just stating my opinion. Spell checker posters think he's the next Timmy T. Now that deservers a

I still have hope that this team will show up in the playoffs but with if their lack of effort and poor goaltending like tonight continue we will be out in 4.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahchand10 View Post
Fair enough. I mean i don't have a personal vendetta against the guy and I know he is a smart guy believe me he knows a hell of a lot more than me. I just can't help but question some of his decision making (forget about tonight). But when a whole team is playing bad...is it the team as a whole just all of a sudden got really bad? And who's job is it to help them snap out of it? I'm just going to ride it out and hope to hell the problem is no Bergeron and marchand. Hoping they come back and are healthy. That alone is like making a trade where the team seems to play better.
I hear what your saying and the guy frustates the hell out of me as well. I was calling for his head during the cup run when he was playing the 4th line when we needed a goal at the end of games.

But there is no arguing that the guy gets results and as a Bruin coach is the 2nd best ever.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:35 PM
SPLBRUIN

Regarding Julien ,if we go out 1st round he damn well better be on the hot seat next year. Is there anybody out there who thinks this team has played well this season? We didn't play worth crap the last 3 months of last year either, no one is saying he is not a good coach, but NHL coaches have a shelf life and his could be expiring in Boston.Our defense looks nothing like our Cup winning team despite an upgrade from Kaberle to Hamilton, same players, looks to me like teams have figured out to play us and Julien can't or won't adjust.

SPLBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:35 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
wow someone who can read a point and not go crazy like I just kicked their dog. That is exactly what I am saying.

He has been playing very well. BUT we all said we needed a finisher and one goal so far that hit his skate is not the finisher we needed.

your rebuttal has merit and I would like to see him with Krejci as well but until he gets some goals I am not happy with him being the finisher we got at the deadline.

Do I think he can. Hell yes that guy is one of the best ever. He just has not done it yet as a Bruin and noone can tell me he has with his one goal off his skate.
Who gives a **** if he's the one putting the puck in the net or not? He has 7 points in 6 games and is generating offense every shift he's on the ice.

I don't care who puts the puck into the ******* net as long as it gets in there. The point is this team and Jagr in particular stand a much better chance of "finishing" without Campbell and the Ghost of Milan Lucic on his line.

This is mind blowing.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Right, and he's played what? 5 games? He's going to score his goals just like he always has. Who else is "finishing" since he got here besides Seguin? Also, kind of tough to score goals all on your own when you're stuck with two anchors on your line.

Jagr has been hands down the best player on this team since he got here and any criticism he has received thus far is abpslutely unwarranted and ridiculous.
just because someone does not agree with you does not make it ridiculous. Shoking to you I know.

We needed a finisher and he is not doing it yet period.

ONe goal

not good enough.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:36 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin View Post
I don't think this is really new to the Bruins, as teams tried forechecking like this the last couple of years. The Bruins just handled it better in the past. It has now become so predictable that they are going to cycle it back, and our lack of up front speed, that they just don't fear the odd man rushes. They really need to look at pushing the puck up the middle more often and doing it quicker. Just put some variations into how they move the puck up ice.
Yeah, not new at all...does anyone remember our playoff series against Carolina? Talk about being dominated by the forecheck. They have obviously better working the puck out of their own end the last couple of seasons, but it seems to have reared its ugly head again as of late.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
You're right that Horton, or "Mike Bossy Jr" were bad, but please don't defend Looch's game tonight. The one positive is that ONE play he got to the net and got the lucky bounce. His turnovers however were ATROCIOUS.
Totally agree. Lucic sucked other than his play that led to his goal. Blindly throwing away the puck constantly. Horton just sucks and is a complete waste. Healthy scratch time.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Jagr finishing is the absolute last concern this team has.
really then way was it that what everyone said we needed at the deadline as our #1 need was a finisher.

who did we trade for to fill that role.

Jager

is Jager finishing?

Nope

So our #1 need was filled with a guy not filling that need.

he is playing well in other ways but he is not filling the #1 need that the majority of the board said we needed.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:39 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Totally agree. Lucic sucked other than his play that led to his goal. Blindly throwing away the puck constantly. Horton just sucks and is a complete waste. Healthy scratch time.
I think he had possibly the worst unforced turnover I have ever seen. He just threw it to literally no one besides an incoming Cane haha. Does anyone remember that?

Absolutely mind boggling

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
reidy
@reidjjackson

Jagr is generating more goals for the Bruins but Jagr "isn't finishing" therefore he's not living up to expectations.

Old
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
He was the best player on the ice tonight by far.

You're right, he wasn't able to finish, but at least he was creating offense when he was on the ice...something I can't say about anyone else on the team, save Seguin.

He is also playing with a 4th line center and a guy who has looked like he doesn't even belong on an NHL ice surface for most of the season.

If he keeps getting those chances, he will finish. But bottom line...he is creating opportunities for himself and others...it will come.
I hope your right. My only issue is that he was brought in to do what our other guys were not and that is finishing.

Was he the best player tonight hell yes no argument from me. But we brought him in to fill a specific roll we were missing. And so far we are still missing it.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
really then way was it that what everyone said we needed at the deadline as our #1 need was a finisher.

who did we trade for to fill that role.

Jager

is Jager finishing?

Nope

So our #1 need was filled with a guy not filling that need.

he is playing well in other ways but he is not filling the #1 need that the majority of the board said we needed.
Read my last post patience man patience. He still has the elite finishing ability. Just give him some time to click. If he didn't get robbed tonight this we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now.

He was billed as a playmaker that could finish. Read some of what the stars fans have to say about him. Tough to ask a guy with 15 goals, and who's only played 6 games for us for much more.

Yeti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bruwinz37

Quote:

Scott I think you are way off here. Jagr has been fantastic IMO. The goals will come. He is constantly creating chances.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Are you serious?

With any luck at all...any luck tonight Jagr has two goals which would put him at 3 in 6 games.
so now were counting goals that would have went in with Luck?

why does HOrton not get that stat. How many posts has he hit this year. Lets count them to because with a little luck they would have went in and he would be leading the NHL in goals.

Are you serious.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:41 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
I hear what your saying and the guy frustates the hell out of me as well. I was calling for his head during the cup run when he was playing the 4th line when we needed a goal at the end of games.

But there is no arguing that the guy gets results and as a Bruin coach is the 2nd best ever.
Ahhhhh so he does frustrate you! I can't deny his place in Bruins history. I have never liked his style and if you think I'm being cruel for the past two months I have been getting texts from my uncle saying how garbage he is. I took your stance and defended him, because lets face it he is the coach and his or my crying isn't going to change that. But if we have a healthy lineup going into the playoffs and he keeps his top two lines intact l-k-h and m-b-s with jagr playing in the bottom 6 I honestly can't see a way to defend him anymore. And I have a sick feeling he thinks Cambell and Jagr have some sort of a magical chemistry like Jagr Lemieux 2.0

Old
04-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Neely08

Quote:
You're right that Horton, or "Mike Bossy Jr" were bad, but please don't defend Looch's game tonight. The one positive is that ONE play he got to the net and got the lucky bounce. His turnovers however were ATROCIOUS.
He won battles and set up Jags several times. Forgot a/b the goal. He's also playing w/ Campbell who hasn't thought a/b offense since bantams.

Is he the only forward who turns the puck over? When the B's send the puck up the boards, you have a pinching Dman right on our wing, w/ a backchecking forward taking away the seam nearly boxing them in. Paille coughed it up all night, Peverley, everyone. Half the time their only play is back to a Dman. Who find another way to cough it up. Like aerial passes against the boards no bruin has any chance of controlling.

Worse is when they reverse it hard around the opposite boards. As our wings standing in the box at the circle have even less chance to get to that puck before a pinching Dman does. Our turnovers go above and beyond Lucic. But hey, win a cup and you get pink hats flowing in here w/ all the answers.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:42 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
If he threw a punch at you he would miss wide right Or left.
Nooo I said Horton not Peverly