HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2013, 04:41 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Habs fans are many things, but even the worst don't usually tumble off the deep end like that.
I disagree. It's just been that we've had a smurfy team for so long we can't even pretend like we can "crush" the opposition. I'm certain with a couple of big dirty hitters/fighters the entire attitude of HFHabs would be different.

The GDT is filled to the brim with whining and the game hasn't started yet. We whine about antichambre yet watch and report their **** incessantly. I use "we" as in HFHabs, we have some great people here but the general intelligence level is in the gutter.

How many god damn times do you see the same posters trolling about Price? And the another idiot re-trolling "hey where are all the price haterz now?? did u see that wicked save he made??". And then another idiot making a thread in the main board and another going to the Bruins board and sucking their teats "lol habs fan coming in peace, please beat our team up cuz we want a high pick! I hate the coach" or just plain sucking up to the racist, violent Bruins board constantly and legitimizing their points.

I don't care about how bad the Leafs or Bruins posters are because they only hurt their own discourse - but our posters are effin AWFUL.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Let's be clear. When you're discussing character traits of many millions of people, there is no "We". And yes, that applies to every fan base. Every team has its younger, stupider, more obnoxious followers, who have nothing in common with the nice, reasonable guys except the logo on their jerseys.

Habs fans include the normal amount of hyper-emotional nutjobs, but take a peek at the Leaf thread today for a true psychology lesson on mob psychosis. Words like "Kill!" "Hurt!" "Hit!" "Destroy!" litter their board like a homo-erotic circle-jerk. Any Leaf fan over the age of 18 would be mortified to be associated with those flying monkeys. Many of them are not emotionally equipped to handle winning; the tiniest sip of success and they're drunk like a 14-year-old after his first beer.

Habs fans are many things, but even the worst don't usually tumble off the deep end like that.
I'll have to say I agree.

Also, I'm sick of Oiler fans wanting everything, but saying their top 4 aren't tradeable.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

We should respond to the Soderberg signing....Is Bud Holloway under contract with an NHL team? A little worried about what Soderberg could be able to bring. He is a pretty nifty goal scorer.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:23 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Flames lose tanguay for the rest of the season. That 2nd looks better and better. And nashville's is getting close to calgary's as well.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
04-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I disagree. It's just been that we've had a smurfy team for so long we can't even pretend like we can "crush" the opposition. I'm certain with a couple of big dirty hitters/fighters the entire attitude of HFHabs would be different.

The GDT is filled to the brim with whining and the game hasn't started yet. We whine about antichambre yet watch and report their **** incessantly. I use "we" as in HFHabs, we have some great people here but the general intelligence level is in the gutter.

How many god damn times do you see the same posters trolling about Price? And the another idiot re-trolling "hey where are all the price haterz now?? did u see that wicked save he made??". And then another idiot making a thread in the main board and another going to the Bruins board and sucking their teats "lol habs fan coming in peace, please beat our team up cuz we want a high pick! I hate the coach" or just plain sucking up to the racist, violent Bruins board constantly and legitimizing their points.

I don't care about how bad the Leafs or Bruins posters are because they only hurt their own discourse - but our posters are effin AWFUL.
Agreed and there's also a number of hab 'posters' on the main board -chacal, palindrom, etc who come to mind. who have the most ludicrous, mindless trade proposals that make me question their hockey IQ.

does anyone ever actually see these people posting on the habs board?

Old
04-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Lshap

Quote:

Yeah, I've seen all those navel-gazing threads on our boards. I agree most are ridiculous. Not surprising when you live in an environment of non-stop 24/7 hockey coverage -- the relative importance of a hockey team will inevitably get blown wayyyyy out of proportion. I'll still maintain that our hockey vibe is historically less violent and ugly than Boston's or recently in Toronto. We haven't stooped to that level for the most part and see no evidence that we would start.

And that annoying, whiny navel-gazing happens in every big market. Boston's board is as bad as ours. Check it out for yourself.

As for that "Coming in peace" cliche when a fan visits another board, everyone seems to do it. It's silly but harmless. I'm too old for that nonsense, but I understand that many people find it awkward to go onto another team's board.

To be honest, dude, your argument sounds very much like a personal issue you're having with some specific people in here. Not saying you're right or wrong, just that it may not have anything to do with 'Habs fans' in general. I enjoy reading your stuff and hope you work this stuff out.

Last edited by Lshap: 04-13-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old
04-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We should respond to the Soderberg signing....Is Bud Holloway under contract with an NHL team? A little worried about what Soderberg could be able to bring. He is a pretty nifty goal scorer.
I want Holloway too, but La holds his NHL rights until he is UFA eligible.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:53 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Yeah, I've seen all those navel-gazing threads on our boards. I agree most are ridiculous. Not surprising when you live in an environment of non-stop 24/7 hockey coverage -- the relative importance of a hockey team will inevitably get blown wayyyyy out of proportion. I'll still maintain that our hockey vibe is historically less violent and ugly than Boston's or recently in Toronto. We haven't stooped to that level for the most part and see no evidence that we would start.

And that annoying, whiny navel-gazing happens in every big market. Boston's board is as bad as ours. Check it out for yourself.

As for that "Coming in peace" cliche when a fan visits another board, everyone seems to do it. It's silly but harmless. I'm too old for that nonsense, but I understand that many people find it awkward to go onto another team's board.

To be honest, dude, your argument sounds very much like a personal issue you're having with some specific people in here. Not saying you're right or wrong, just that it may not have anything to do with 'Habs fans' in general. I enjoy reading your stuff and hope you work this stuff out.
I don't have anything personal against anyone here, I just find that we prop ourselves as a fanbase way too high. Talking about class and how some players don't deserve to wear the jersey (Ribeiro that gutless puke! Lapierre that classless loser! etc) as if the Habs fanbase is the arbitrator of all that is right and wrong.

It's irritating to see such myopic personalities and opinions shot back and forth in this echo chamber. Looking at is from an outside point of view, as if a neutral were lurking in this thread (like I lurk the Bruins and Leafs sometimes to get a laugh) we'd come across as extremely whiney, bitter and insecure. 25+ posts about Chris Lee being the ref for tonight's game... three hours before the game even starts? Really?

Old
04-13-2013, 05:55 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:

Ok, I'm going to stand up to this because I'm likely the only one with the balls to do so.

I think you take HF a bit too seriously sunny Why don't you go find where MathMan hangs out now and follow his corsi tail

At the very least try posting with the window open to let the fresh air in. I mean I get it, when we take hockey talk to the next level we can sometimes get caught up and vision all the posters as bratty little 12 year olds in pajamas with bits of kraft dinner stuck in their fuzzy staches... but that's your fault for getting carried away. Accept this as the worlds biggest hockey board. If you want something niche and ivy school like, has it occurred to you to look elsewhere?

Old
04-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Whiskey is right in that many Habs fans think they have an accurate moral compass. I personally have admitted that I'm a selfish hypocrite and fully embrace all the naughty and bad things I have said, with no regrets.

Old
04-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Tampa bay looks like an AHL team compared to Washington.

Old
04-13-2013, 07:53 PM
habdynasty

Malkin out the lineup because of a sunburn. Lol.

Old
04-13-2013, 08:25 PM
yoteshot

Carolina leading 3-2 now in the 3rd. Come on 'Canes!

Old
04-13-2013, 09:06 PM
MarkovsKnee

Can't believe the Bruins lost to the Canes. The only good news about us not playing so well these last 2 weeks is that the Bruins have sucked too. We blew a good chance to go up by 3 pts tho. With so few games left in the season, I doubt the Bruins would've over taken us, but now it's still a claw fest for that lead.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:33 PM
deandebean

Quote:

Wasn't always that way on this board. I remember when the posters were a tad older and a tad more composed. The McPhees, Lord Chezz, FerrisFox, and others who are probably lurking by don't post here anymore (or not as much) have left for greener pastures. Where boards aren't as immature. This board can be funny at times, but when they lose to a team like the Leafs (who cares, really, it's only a freaking hockey game), this board turns into a kidergarden for toddlers who lost their rattles.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Aceekay

That shot with therrien was priceless

Whoops wrong thread

Old
04-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

And now the Oilers doing a great job at making our Saturday even more miserable....

Old
04-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
And now the Oilers doing a great job at making our Saturday even more miserable....
CBC sure seem sad the Flames are winning.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
No one can out tank the Oilers.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Wow....we even trolled Quinnipiac tonight in the NCAA championship. First goal their goalie gave is the EXACT same goal Budaj gave when he came in the 2nd period.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:05 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Yep. We'll see how that turns out. If people remember though, Chiasson had some pretty good reviews from most of the people in this board. I had Chiasson as top 5 pick for us in the....3rd round. Wasn't obviously there at that place. I remember liking the kid as well though, his skating technique needed to improve....Either he did...either it doesn't matter....
Last yr I got in a debate with someone on this board about how we should do whatever it takes to trade for Alex Chiasson and I suggested that we should offer Danny Kristo. The individual I was debating with thought I was crazy. Who's crazy now???

To add insult to injury, Alex Chiasson is a HUGE habs fan (I know this b/c my mom worked with his parents and gave his sister english lessons) not to mention that he's that big Quebecois power forward we've been looking for.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
I was thinking about the whole Bobrovsky situation yesterday so I went back to read the threads about it when the Philly/Cbj trade happened. Lots of good stuff. Tons of people on the trade board where laughing at Columbus but a lot of philly fans liked him a lot. They were happy with the return though.

Trade board thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1213603&page=2

Philly board thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1213609&page=4

Old
04-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Playoffs game on tsn/nbc. Really great to watch.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:33 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Playoffs game on tsn/nbc. Really great to watch.
Yeah, really interesting game to watch, physical first period. Man, Backes was all over Toews and he finally hurt him. I saw some dirty hits from the Blues.

It's funny to see year after year at the end of each seasons the ruling of the game changing, this league is a joke sometimes.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryFraser View Post
Yeah, really interesting game to watch, physical first period. Man, Backes was all over Toews and he finally hurt him. I saw some dirty hits from the Blues.

It's funny to see year after year at the end of each seasons the ruling of the game changing, this league is a joke sometimes.
This league is always a joke, not just sometimes.
Just take a look at yesterday's game versus the Leafs. Guys can punch Gallagher about 100 times after a play stoppage, but god forbid PK sprinkles Reimer's jersey with a bit of snow, nope that's unacceptable, wouldn't want the jersey to get wet..

Closed Thread