HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

this is the pgt

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2013, 11:37 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
It's actually getting to the point of Price bashing (here and on HIO) that I'm starting to think it's going a little overboard - as if the Price we saw tonight is a validation for the typical haters.

He sucked. He sucked BADDDD.

But as much as I'm not 100% sure how he's going to play in the playoffs, I do know that I'm happy he has the mental capacity to bounce back big. This could be the game we look back on as a storyline game. He cost us the game tonight, but he might just win us some very important ones in the near future because of tonight and that's not a ridiculous proposition. He's showed this kind of resilience before.

That and WORK YOUR GOD DAMNED PADS IN CAREY!

Old
04-13-2013, 11:42 PM
conrad420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I peeked at Toronto's GDT and found a frenzy of Hab-hate on the page I saw. Meaningless immature stuff, but some of those fans seemed to attach a surprising amount of drama to their insults. Nothing irrelevant about the Habs to them.
There definitely irrelevant alright, All you got to do is read some of this thread the hate much greater here then it is over there and it's not really close. Kind of comical actually.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:44 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

for real though, whose dick ya gotta suck to get a win against the leafs. i usually don't rewatch bad movies 30 times, it's getting old.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 777
I sure hope Tinordi gets called up soon. He was playing real well, and Beaulieu is playing well but Jarred just brings a different element to that back end.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Tinordi
Boullion-Beaulieu
Drewiski

Please?

Old
04-13-2013, 11:46 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I sure hope Tinordi gets called up soon. He was playing real well, and Beaulieu is playing well but Jarred just brings a different element to that back end.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Tinordi
Boullion-Beaulieu
Drewiski

Please?
Change Bouillon with Drewiske, please?

Old
04-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Habsawce

And anyone who is complaining about Price doesn't understand the goaltending position.

There are such things as bad games and Carey had one tonight, but the way he plays he routinely makes very difficult saves look easy so people think he's not as good as he is. He is a superb goaltender and easily one of the best in the world. If this team loses in the playoffs, it won't be because of Carey, I have no doubt about that.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I would in a heartbeat trust me, but I know MT and him cuddle and reach around at night so there's a slim chance he comes out of the line up.

Maybe he can play on the 4th line instead of Moen ala Jeune Vebber?

Old
04-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Fair points. There's no 'hate' involved in questioning why your goalie allowed three goals in three shots. Especially after having another weak game last week. How could we NOT question it.

The only thing I know is that Price isn't yet a finished product. They say a goalie hits his prime in his late 20s, early 30s. What he learns along the way is mostly mental. Price is 25. Games like this are , as they say, a teachable moment.
I agree with the fact that he has "time" but theres also a possibility that he does not progress in that way, what I mean is the fact that he plays in Montreal, and has been so heavily scrutinized from day one, his pressure level when compared to guys like Steve Mason or maybe Pekka Rinne is insane. He probably faces more questions after practice than those two did in a whole year.

I want to believe that he is through the teachable moments, I want him to compete harder and want it more, he is so talented that it appears that things come easy for him but yet on nights when he falters he just can't seem to bounce back. He will be good in his next start but If I am Therrien I let him sit and think about it at least for our next game.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Honestly, I'd really like to see this:

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Tinordi
Gorges-Diaz

But I'm a little nuts and having 2 rookies in your top 4 is nuts but I'm just tired of watching the carousel Markov is dealing with. Put him with Subban and play them 30 minutes, enough already.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Bud2790

Looking at the score, I'm happy I missed it..

Old
04-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Lack of size and toughness has not been adressed by Bergevin before the trade deadline.

Habs players will have to suffer now. Prust is still alone to do the dirty work, and I think he never fully recoverd from his shoulder injury. I hope he did not hurt it again tonite.
When I see Prust with practically one and a half shoulder, still doing the dirty work, going after bigger guy and then I see Moen, always invisible in games that the Habs gets toss around physically, it makes me rage. None of his 4 fights were necessary or that has some kind of impact in the game this season. He didn't defend any teammates, he didn't fight in a game that we were abused physically, he didn't even fight when the Habs needed a momentum change. All of his meaningless fight was when the Habs were leading.

He better step it up in the playoffs because what he has done **** for this team so far this season.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
When I see Prust with practically one and a half shoulder, still doing the dirty work, going after bigger guy and then I see Moen, always invisible in games that the Habs gets toss around physically, it makes me rage. None of his 4 fights were necessary or that has some kind of impact in the game this season. He didn't defend any teammates, he didn't fight in a game that we were abused physically, he didn't even fight when the Habs needed a momentum change. All of his meaningless fight was when the Habs were leading.

He better step it up in the playoffs because what he has done **** for this team so far this season.
While White has mental lapses in games that have cost us, there is no denying that he goes out there and plays at 110% at all times. He sticks up for teammates and does not allow any crap and he should be playing over Moen IMO. Moen just has the new 4 year deal and it's saving him from his horrible play.

What do you think would have happened tonight if White was playing and Kadri hit Gallagher like that? He would have went ape ****.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:56 PM
snakeye

Easy goals, but the team played alright. Could have went either way with a goalie that would have showed up.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm not worried about Price at all. These games happen. His problem is that when he's bad, he's just really, really bad... And hopefully that improves with time. I've still been happy with his play this year and he has a chance to redeem himself in the playoffs. No worries.
Yeah, most of the season Price has been fantastic. No question. The biggest questions about him surround his ability to handle pressure. And yet in his highest pressure situation, the 2011 playoffs, Price was great.

Who knows... maybe he sucked tonight because this game LACKED pressure after clinching a playoff spot.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:59 PM
firstemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I don't think the Habs or the Leafs need to be worried about the standings in terms of making the playoffs (you're not in a worse postion). In fact, you guys can pretty much do whatever you want until the end and you'll be 5th. WE are the ones who have to win the division. You guys want us (pretty clear and I don't blame you) 1st rd and not Boston (you do give them too much credit though), so all you have to do is scoreboard watch and hope for no injuries. That is literally the only thing you need to "worry" about.

I would kill to have Emelin.
I think we match up with Boston a lot better this year, it's the fact that historically, Chara just shuts down Kessel's transition game completely. He's too big, mobile, and he has a long reach.

With the emergence of guys like Kadri, Lupul, Kule/Mac/McClement being solid as a depth scoring line...and the fact Lupul doesn't have to wing Kessel anymore. We have a lot more secondary scoring that can mitigate that issue (if Kessel is indeed shutdown by Chara).

Evidently, getting rid of Wilson helped as well. Carlysle is more cerebral in his defensive system/rotations. He knows how to protect leads as well (evidenced by sitting out Kessel, etc. for a huge amount of the game and overplaying his go-to shutdown line).

It's more of a case of preferring to not play against Chara and co. than it is to avoid Boston. Anyways, hopefully you guys don't get trolled too much. Inevitably, we know how it feels to be kicked around at your lowest.

Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post

I agree with you, for whatever reason he is not the same player that he was when he signed here. I wonder if the lack of training camp has hurt him this year or maybe like Erik Cole, Moen might have lost his desire. If so, he will have to move on. He was never that feisty but this year he looks like he is asleep at the wheel.

Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Honestly, I'd really like to see this:

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Tinordi
Gorges-Diaz

But I'm a little nuts and having 2 rookies in your top 4 is nuts but I'm just tired of watching the carousel Markov is dealing with. Put him with Subban and play them 30 minutes, enough already.
Ridiculous. Bouillon has been solid all year.

He's just being overplayed and overmatched at the moment. But he looks fine on the 3rd pair.

The DD and Bouillon hate is annoying but not surprising.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:00 AM
durojean

The reason I point up Prices mistake and bad game is because I try to make other people see what I see.

It's not true that a bad game make up for 3 good games and if that would be the case I wouldn't blame Price.

But for Price the good game becomes the exception. Price's patern is a little like that:

Average, Average, Average, Bad, Good, Horrible ....

The team plays well in front of him so this year he's winning most of the average one.

And some odd game he'll play average and his team will play very good and he'll allow a bad goal that'll cost us the game.

I think he's just not the kind of goalie that'll transform a bad team into an average one or an average team into a good. He's just gonna make his team exactly what they are.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Time for a lineup mix up while there's still time in the season for chemistry to form. Team hasn't look too good for a while outside of the game versus the Sabres (which should have been a given)

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Ryder
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta
Moen - Halpern - Prust

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Drewiske
Boullion - Beaulieu

Hopefully Diaz comes back soon because the lack of RD is showing.
If MT had any balls he would sit both Moen and DD for the next game. Play White and Blunden in their place. Wake up call.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

I'm already over it. Just a bad night for our goalies. Oh well.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Ridiculous. Bouillon has been solid all year.

He's just being overplayed and overmatched at the moment. But he looks fine on the 3rd pair.

The DD and Bouillon hate is annoying but not surprising.
I have nothign against Bouillon, and think he's had a very solid year. I just want to see Tinordi in the line up and would like to see a mix up that sends a message and also gives the oldest guy on the blue line a bit of a break.

4 games in 6 days coming up as well. DD has been fine, and real good in the ozone IMO, he's just having trouble defensively but it hasn't been as bad as many make it out to be.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad420 View Post
There definitely irrelevant alright, All you got to do is read some of this thread the hate much greater here then it is over there and it's not really close. Kind of comical actually.
You seem to be trying very hard to deny the avalanche of silliness on the Leafs board. It's right there, a click away. An overcrowded, loud anthill of Hab-hate that contradicts what you're saying.

You seem a bit embarrassed by the vibe over there, which is understandable. But pretending it doesn't exist won't score you any debating points.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Tough loss but at least when didn't lose to a team that were on a 7 straight losses or have one win in last 15 games.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:19 AM
KerryFraser

I remember at the start of the season coachs saying to the rookies that they have to earn the respect of the veterans on this team to be able to make it.

When i saw tonight Gally played and saw all of those vets played, i asked myself who is the guys who as proving they really earned their spot in this league.

That game was an horrific demonstration by those vets.

The only guy on our attack i saw tonight showing was Brendan. That's it.

Last edited by KerryFraser: 04-14-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old
04-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Habs gave it their all, played great! SUCH A GOOD GAME.

Closed Thread