Confound
-Vindicated-

vCash: 500
Glad to see Tor rocking the Habs.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:59 PM
N o o d l e s

Just saw this clip while I was watching the Leafs-Habs on NHLN. I never saw it before tonight. Can this officially put an end to the Leafs fans dumping on Lucic for the Orr fight?

Old
04-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bruins need to watch Leafs games vs the Habs for the template... Seem to play them masterfully.
Every team knows the template.

Habs can get away with playing teams here and there in a season. But when you play them up to 7 times in a row, the game plan is pretty simple: get physical. You should get them at worst in the long haul. If not, then the next one will.

Looking at the top-8 team right now in the East, not another soft team besides the Habs. The playoffs will be a war this year. Can't wait for it. As well as a healthy Bergy+Marchand and the sight of a Yeti...

Old
04-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

You had one job Bruins, one job.

@post 27: That clip is from 2 months old game, not tonight. Leafs were also killing a five-minute major penalty at that time.

Would you want Chara to fight Orr when Bruins are on a 5 minute PK?

Old
04-13-2013, 11:44 PM
pierre gagnon*

Jean_Jacket41 nifty rick was my fav bruin after Orr....

Old
04-13-2013, 11:48 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post

@post 27: That clip is from 2 months old game, not tonight. Leafs were also killing a five-minute major penalty at that time.

Would you want Chara to fight Orr when Bruins are on a 5 minute PK?
That wasn't clarified as far as I can remember. They showed the clip, it was the first time I'd seen it. That being said, I wouldn't expect any different from Phaneuf if it was 5 on 5.

Old
04-14-2013, 04:55 AM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Aside from all the heat generated between the Leafs and Bruins the last few years because of the Kessel trade, I can't say I have any real hatred toward you guys, certainly not on the same level as the hatred I have towards the Habs. So it's nice that we can all bond over our hatred of Montreal. I'm cheering for you guys to take the division so we can have the Smurfs in round one.

On another note, since I'm sure you guys enjoy seeing the Habs slapped around as much as we do, check out Kadri's highlights against Montreal this year. He grew up a Habs fan and really seems to elevate his game against them physically.

Thanks for all your support tonight, hope you guys end your struggles soon and take the NE. Cheers!

Old
04-14-2013, 05:39 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Is it me or I see a lot of Leafs fans not wanting to face the Bruins in the 1st round or something ?

Old
04-14-2013, 09:07 AM
BrainOfJ
Diva

The boys wearing the Bluenote are wearing their whites at home today. I'm excited, should bring it back to the good ol days.

Look for me, ill be the only one wearing a whalers shirt

Old
04-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Was Malkin really out because of a sunburn? I shouldn't laugh because sunburns really suck but it is hilarious at the same time.

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Theodoriph

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
Just saw this clip while I was watching the Leafs-Habs on NHLN. I never saw it before tonight. Can this officially put an end to the Leafs fans dumping on Lucic for the Orr fight?

This happened earlier in the year. Leafs were on the PK, a major if my memory is correct. Any defenseman who fights a player of Brandon Prust's calibre for no reason during a major PK doesn't deserve to be in the NHL. If some random thug taunted Chara while the Bruins were on a PK, would we want Chara to drop the mitts and engage him, putting our team at a further disadvantage...hell no.

Lucic broke his nose during the Orr fight, or rather Orr broke his nose. Nothing wrong with stopping the fight when your nose is broken. I don't understand why people would dump on him for that.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoriph View Post
This happened earlier in the year. Leafs were on the PK, a major if my memory is correct. Any defenseman who fights a player of Brandon Prust's calibre for no reason during a major PK doesn't deserve to be in the NHL. If some random thug taunted Chara while the Bruins were on a PK, would we want Chara to drop the mitts and engage him, putting our team at a further disadvantage...hell no.

Lucic broke his nose during the Orr fight, or rather Orr broke his nose. Nothing wrong with stopping the fight when your nose is broken. I don't understand why people would dump on him for that.
I also want to add that Phaneuf was smart to stand and chirp with Prust in the offensive zone, holding him offside. There was a subsequent play where the Habs couldn't enter the zone on the PP because Prust was too busy jawing at Phaneuf and remained offside. Smart PKing if you ask me. Phaneuf has fought his fair share, more than your average captain, so I'm not too worried about him turtling or anything.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Was Malkin really out because of a sunburn? I shouldn't laugh because sunburns really suck but it is hilarious at the same time.
Where is this majestic sun burn weather? Cloudy and miserable here almost everyday and I don't even live in Vancouver!

Come on guys, pull out a few more wins please .

04-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Where is this majestic sun burn weather? Cloudy and miserable here almost everyday and I don't even live in Vancouver!

Pens played in Florida. There's a reason they call it the sunshine state

Old
04-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post

The Pens were on a Florida trip.

It's funny in a way that Malkin would miss a game due to sunburn, but seriously, I can't imagine wearing hockey equipment over a bad sunburn. There's no way you could play an effective game.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Pens played in Florida. There's a reason they call it the sunshine state
Ah that would make more sense. I got Pittsburgh's game messed up with Philly's and got confused and jealous that Buffalo was having nice weather. . Anyways, good luck on the rest of the season. Maybe we'll meet at some point in the PO's.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:31 AM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post

A bit of context:
Prust was standing offside during a Powerplay; Phaneuf was baiting him to stay there like an idiot.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:33 AM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Is it me or I see a lot of Leafs fans not wanting to face the Bruins in the 1st round or something ?
Just looking for the path of least resistance; like every other team.

That means through Smurfville.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I still find it hilarious that ugly mug maxi pad talking **** to the leafs bench after the Kadri hit. He wouldn't drop the gloves.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Teams like Habs and Canucks are soft. They don't wear the opposition down. There are not physical and relatively easier to play against. There is a reason the path to the cup goes through those cities.

Bruins play physical and wear you down. Even if you were to beat them, it would take all 7 games leaving you in no shape for winning it all. There is also a reason why path to the cup never goes through Boston.

That is a reason why any sane fan would not want to face Bruins in the 1st round (or rather, as late as possible).

Old
04-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

Quote:
Was Malkin really out because of a sunburn?
No.
Can't remember what it really was tbh.
Some shoulder injury.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:54 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
No.
Can't remember what it really was tbh.
Some shoulder injury.
I think it was announced as an upper body injury. My guess is it is the shoulder injury flaring up again. I have seen some Pens fans say he was looking like he was playing injured after his return from the earlier injury to his shoulder. Since Pens have the division locked up it makes sense to me for them to rest him if the shoulder is still hurting.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
-2013 Boston Bruins motto

Old
04-14-2013, 02:51 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
I also want to add that Phaneuf was smart to stand and chirp with Prust in the offensive zone, holding him offside. There was a subsequent play where the Habs couldn't enter the zone on the PP because Prust was too busy jawing at Phaneuf and remained offside. Smart PKing if you ask me. Phaneuf has fought his fair share, more than your average captain, so I'm not too worried about him turtling or anything.
I have to agree with this. I was pissed at Prust for wasting PP time.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:57 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Teams like Habs and Canucks are soft. They don't wear the opposition down. There are not physical and relatively easier to play against. There is a reason the path to the cup goes through those cities.

Bruins play physical and wear you down. Even if you were to beat them, it would take all 7 games leaving you in no shape for winning it all. There is also a reason why path to the cup never goes through Boston.

That is a reason why any sane fan would not want to face Bruins in the 1st round (or rather, as late as possible).
To be fair, the habs are undersized and soft comments have gone on for a while and they've done decently. From a habs fan perspective it would be amusing if after you guys are begging to face us we win. Who knows though, you have our number.

Closed Thread