HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danish U18 WC roster.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2013, 04:50 AM
  #76
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Not sure I agree with the best Defenseman of tourney being Klavestad. He might have been the best offensive D, but norway let in 15 goals in 5 games. We let in 6. They scored more than us and Söberg being the best forward is fine.

But the best D along with G belongs to Denmark imho.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:00 AM
  #77
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Not sure I agree with the best Defenseman of tourney being Klavestad. He might have been the best offensive D, but norway let in 15 goals in 5 games. We let in 6. They scored more than us and Söberg being the best forward is fine.

But the best D along with G belongs to Denmark imho.
Since Klavestad was third in points after Søberg and Ehlers they most likely gave it to him based on his offensive.
Georg Sørensen as best goalie was without question and Markus Søberg as best forward without question as well.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:50 AM
  #78
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Since Klavestad was third in points after Søberg and Ehlers they most likely gave it to him based on his offensive.
Georg Sørensen as best goalie was without question and Markus Søberg as best forward without question as well.
That's exactly my point.. His offensive output shouldn't determine if he was the best Dman out there. Seems weird to me that the team that wins the tourney, has the best PK and the least goals let in only gets tourneys' best G. IMO Clearly Denmark should'ov had the best D aswell. But I agree Söberg as best forward is without question.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:45 AM
  #79
Tobias
Registered User
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,514
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
That's exactly my point.. His offensive output shouldn't determine if he was the best Dman out there.
That's just the way it is. It's the same discussion with the Norris trophy. The quality of a d man is difficult to judge looking at stats, since +/- is not a good measurement either.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:52 AM
  #80
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
That's just the way it is. It's the same discussion with the Norris trophy. The quality of a d man is difficult to judge looking at stats, since +/- is not a good measurement either.
Well, it's no biggie, we won!

But the NHL has a 82 game showcase to determine who has the best overall game for a Dman.

This was a 5 game showcasing in a promotion tourney, where we promoted and we were the best defensive team.
I watched a few Norway games, and Klavestad didn't look like he was more than average defensively. And allot of his A's came from a strong shooting Söberg

But again, no biggie


Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 04-14-2013 at 11:46 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:27 PM
  #81
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
I spill fem mot fem så var var Danmark sjanseløse, men med en dommer som var helt ute av kurs, så ble det jo nesten helt umulig for oss. Utvisningene ødela alt for oss - og det er jævlig surt.

Markus Søberg -

Easy now Markus

Quote:
Vant danskene fortjent synes du?

– Ja, svarer Herman etter å ha tenkt seg litt om.

Herman Kopperud -
Kopperud, a little more objective

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:17 AM
  #82
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Easy now Markus
Well it was a match with many 2min penalties but for both teams; but it sounds like the typical "after match frustration".
Power play is an important part of hockey and where games are usually won, so it's not like winning in that respect is unfair unless it's very one-sided who gets the penalties.

The Norwegians surely got more penalties than the Danes in the first two periods (20min for Norway and 10min for Denmark), but they were still in the lead 3-2.
In the third period it was only 2*2min for Norway and 1*2min for Denmark and still Denmark won that period 4-0. It was that period that settles the match and Denmark was clearly the better team at that point of the game.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:43 AM
  #83
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well it was a match with many 2min penalties but for both teams; but it sounds like the typical "after match frustration".
Power play is an important part of hockey and where games are usually won, so it's not like winning in that respect is unfair unless it's very one-sided who gets the penalties.

The Norwegians surely got more penalties than the Danes in the first two periods (20min for Norway and 10min for Denmark), but they were still in the lead 3-2.
In the third period it was only 2*2min for Norway and 1*2min for Denmark and still Denmark won that period 4-0. It was that period that settles the match and Denmark was clearly the better team at that point of the game.
Ofcourse it's aftermatch frustration, and that is understandable, I just found it funny, as that statement couldn't be farther from the truth.

Other than the 2nd period, Denmark were allot better than Norway, also on ES.

But alas, they are just kids

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.