HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

this is the pgt

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 01:36 AM
RussCourtnall

vCash: 500
Thanks for that save Carey.

Joking, I'm not a hater.

We'll get them in the playoffs

Old
04-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Yeah, like other posters have said...

It was over after those 1st five shots on goal.

Emelin is missed.

I refuse to let this lose affect my mood, though.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:45 AM
jedimyrmidon

So the Habs have the Leafs right where they want them, right? The Leafs will always be expecting their shots to go in now. Boy, they'll be in for a surprise on April 27, eh?

Old
04-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 50
Losing to trash is not uncommon. Even blowouts happen. Out of their 5 goals, 4 of them don't go in on any other day. Not worried at all. Let the Leafs fans have their moment. Can't imagine what it would feel like not to see my team succeed for as long as them.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:02 AM
mrcontractor*

When the team gets pushed around by Kadri, you know we're lacking something

Old
04-14-2013, 02:07 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
and the habs always seem to rebound after tough loses. It's these tough loses that build character and a team closer together
they must of been really close last year. tough loss, after tough loss.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:45 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Bummer about your game tonight but it was just one of those things. You lost but it doesn't say anything. I still take you in a 7 game series over the Loafs. Happy to see DD44 doing well. His goal pulled me up out of my seat. He had a couple with us (kings) but that was really nice.

I hope you guys like him and that he keeps working out. Great guy who can play some hockey. 3rd pairing reliable D with some upside. Thanks for giving him his shot and best of luck in the playoffs.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Habs Junkie

Oh man, desharnais fanboys are hilarious!

After a loss: don't point the finger at desharnais the whole team played like crap tonight.

After a win: what's with the desharnais bashing, the team is winning.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:55 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Bummer about your game tonight but it was just one of those things. You lost but it doesn't say anything. I still take you in a 7 game series over the Loafs. Happy to see DD44 doing well. His goal pulled me up out of my seat. He had a couple with us (kings) but that was really nice.

I hope you guys like him and that he keeps working out. Great guy who can play some hockey. 3rd pairing reliable D with some upside. Thanks for giving him his shot and best of luck in the playoffs.
Maybe you could give us your opinion on what it's like to have Quick be godly last playoffs and then have him playing the way he is now. How do you feel about his play? Is the team partly to blame? Is it just timely mojo? Just wondering what a Kings' fan view on goaltending is given I imagine you don't lose your **** over the types of games that happen to every single goalie usually multiple times a season. I think the Ottawa goalies (well except two weeks ago) and Babrovsky are the only ones so far. I can't imagine how Van fans feel.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:59 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcontractor View Post
When the team gets pushed around by Kadri, you know we're lacking something
I was pretty surprised that Eller didn't rock him at some point given he would level Kadri if he wanted to. I guess he was too busy working hard with Chuky since no other line seemed to be doing anything (Gally was his own line, poor guy).

Players remember though. The standing over and glaring...that's amateur hour. Kadri is quickly becoming a good fit for the bruins.

I feel bad for Emelin who must have been watching this and cringing/wanting to hulk smash.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:07 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I will give it a shot.

JQ has had a bit of a rough season this year for certain but he has been brilliant at times over the past 20 games so I think all of us go from hoping he is back to his form to wondering when he will get all the way back.

He has been great the past two seasons (last season and the season before) to us Kings fans so this season is outside of his usual play.

That said I think that the loss of Willie Mitchell and Matt Greene caused us to struggle as a team and forced us to rely on our rookie(s) Muzzin and then the young Ellerby more than we want(ed) to and that this is also an equal part of why Quick has been inconsistent.

The good that has come from Quick having to get his game back on track is that Bernier has finally been allowed enough starts to establish himself as a valuable young goalie who is ready for a starting job.

Quick is coming around more and more lately. His positional play is looking allot better and his lateral skating is back on track. In position he is finally more calm and relaxed looking as opposed to the bent stick figure that he was to start the season.

I was reading through this gdt and there are some questions as to rather or not DD44 can play bottom 6 up front. The answer is yes. If he isn't relied on to provide much scoring then he can be an effective bottom 6er.

He is much more suited to his regular D spot but if needed he can do both. He is a big hitter when he plays up front but can look for it a bit too much.

Hope that helps.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:46 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I will give it a shot.

JQ has had a bit of a rough season this year for certain but he has been brilliant at times over the past 20 games so I think all of us go from hoping he is back to his form to wondering when he will get all the way back.

He has been great the past two seasons (last season and the season before) to us Kings fans so this season is outside of his usual play.

That said I think that the loss of Willie Mitchell and Matt Greene caused us to struggle as a team and forced us to rely on our rookie(s) Muzzin and then the young Ellerby more than we want(ed) to and that this is also an equal part of why Quick has been inconsistent.

The good that has come from Quick having to get his game back on track is that Bernier has finally been allowed enough starts to establish himself as a valuable young goalie who is ready for a starting job.

Quick is coming around more and more lately. His positional play is looking allot better and his lateral skating is back on track. In position he is finally more calm and relaxed looking as opposed to the bent stick figure that he was to start the season.

I was reading through this gdt and there are some questions as to rather or not DD44 can play bottom 6 up front. The answer is yes. If he isn't relied on to provide much scoring then he can be an effective bottom 6er.

He is much more suited to his regular D spot but if needed he can do both. He is a big hitter when he plays up front but can look for it a bit too much.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your analysis!

I agree with you about DD44. I don't remember him playing badly at all tonight. Actually, I do remember him scoring a goal. I don't think most people are questioning him, I think it's mostly the effect of losing Emelin RIGHT after trading for DD44 who was supposed to fill a totally different void. Now people are looking retrospectively at what we could have done to replace Emelin (who I miss dearly) AFTER the trade deadline. I think he'll fit in just fine with Diaz in and Beaulieu out. I've noticed the little things he does in terms of getting the puck and making a good first pass. I don't expect him to be a heavy hitter, just responsible and with the ability to put it in the back of the net if given the opportunity.

Old
04-14-2013, 04:02 AM
habtastic

http://www.rds.ca/vid%C3%A9os/pas-pl...quipe-1.609507

Don't worry guys, it was all a glitch in the matrix. You'll notice at 0:31, the machines have everything running smoothly again. Price 2013 Conne Smythe winner.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:24 AM
habsfan88

We lost, we clinched a playoff birth thursday, whatever.... as a habs fan from toronto it sucks big time but i think we are alright.

Just thought I'd ask you guys if you agreed with me that gionta has been abysmal and bourque doesn't play with any emotion?? get that guy angry

Old
04-14-2013, 05:30 AM
SB164

I didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight (one of the few times this season), but holy hell, what the hell happened?

Old
04-14-2013, 06:04 AM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight (one of the few times this season), but holy hell, what the hell happened?
Every shot went through price and budaj in the first few minutes.

That's pretty much it. The team was dazed after and just played through. Oh, Gionta was god awful and DD made a ton of bad plays. Kadri wrecked our team with big hits several times and Prust had a good fight with a leaf.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:38 AM
RoadWarrior

Lots of warning signs for your team in this game. It wasn't just about goaltending.

The big leafs defense were pushing your small forwards around all night so most of your shots on goal were from the perimeter. You surrendered bunches of odd man rushes because of your wandering defense.

The Bozak-Kessel-JVR line dominated the game. Lupul is the leafs best player and he wasn't even in the lineup.

You can rack up wins against weaker opponents using your team speed alone but when you play against other speedy teams with a good system your flaws are exposed.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:42 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Lots of warning signs for your team in this game. It wasn't just about goaltending.

The big leafs defense were pushing your small forwards around all night so most of your shots on goal were from the perimeter. You surrendered bunches of odd man rushes because of your wandering defense.

The Bozak-Kessel-JVR line dominated the game. Lupul is the leafs best player and he wasn't even in the lineup.

You can rack up wins against weaker opponents using your team speed alone but when you play against other speedy teams with a good system your flaws are exposed.
were you saying the same thing last time the two teams met ?

Old
04-14-2013, 06:54 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
You're Lucky.

I had to watch with my In-laws (Leaf Fans)

Old
04-14-2013, 06:57 AM
RoadWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
were you saying the same thing last time the two teams met ?
Kessel and JVR didn't bother to show up in the previous game. That was the biggest difference. However when the leafs are motivated then it's not really close at all especially with Lupul playing.

You desperately need to add size on defense and a power forward. Can't figure out why you traded away cole. Carey Price has been covering up for many mistakes but he can't stand on his head every game.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:58 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
Kessel and JVR didn't bother to show up in the previous game. That was the biggest difference. However when the leafs are motivated then it's not really close at all especially with Lupul playing.

You desperately need to add size on defense and a power forward. Can't figure out why you traded away cole. Carey Price has been covering up for many mistakes but he can't stand on his head every game.
Locker room issues. Thats the rumors anyways.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Franck
En enda känsla...

vCash: 50
Quote:
The Maple Leafs won the $100M lottery jackpot in the first, the game was over after that.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:04 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:

tonight Price sucked, previous game JVR/Kessel sucked... so what you're saying is, it's hard to remain competitive when your top players arent playing well.

woah! GREAT FIND!
(seriously, how long did it take you to find this?)

we actually need a healthy D squad first and foremost, Diaz and Emelin (for the season) are really missed, both are top 4 Ds...

Cole ? you're kidding right ? since the trade Cole has 5 pts, Ryder has 20...

Old
04-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Halifaxhab*

My son was ill so I missed the game. I guess he had something in common with les boys last night.....they both pooped the bed.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:25 AM
RoadWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
tonight Price sucked, previous game JVR/Kessel sucked... so what you're saying is, it's hard to remain competitive when your top players arent playing well.

woah! GREAT FIND!
(seriously, how long did it take you to find this?)

we actually need a healthy D squad first and foremost, Diaz and Emelin (for the season) are really missed, both are top 4 Ds...

Cole ? you're kidding right ? since the trade Cole has 5 pts, Ryder has 20...
You are clearly lacking a physical element on your team. Ryder has a nice shot and is opportunistic but he's not a difference maker. He was invisible in this game.

The difference is that the leafs don't rely on offense from Kessel and JVR to win games but without Price being incredible the Habs are totally lost.

Kadri could have scored in this game if he was even slightly interested in the puck. Instead he wanted to deliver a message.

Closed Thread