HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

this is the pgt

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 06:26 AM
onice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
And anyone who is complaining about Price doesn't understand the goaltending position.

There are such things as bad games and Carey had one tonight, but the way he plays he routinely makes very difficult saves look easy so people think he's not as good as he is. He is a superb goaltender and easily one of the best in the world. If this team loses in the playoffs, it won't be because of Carey, I have no doubt about that.

Criticizing Price makes one a hater but making up stuff about him to cover up his mediocre play this year apparently doesn't make one a mindless fanboy.

THIS YEAR Price has had a mediocre year. Go look at the effing stats. Have a little peek-a-boo at where he stands in relation to other goalies in the NHL. Trust me those stats don't point to an elite goalie.

Most games this year he has played so-so with a few stinkers thrown in and a few games he played exceptionally yet still managed to lose concentration for a lousy goal here and there.

Some of you guys wanna blame Gionta or Bouillon or DD or Moen but the team in front of him played well. Price let in 3 effing goals on 4 shots! An argument can be made that the first goal was a difficult shot. If Price is playing like an elite goaltender he should have stopped it but I'll give it to you. So he let in 2 bananas on 3 shots.

Within the first 10 minutes he's pulled out of the game. Yeah it happens to alot of elite goaltenders but that wasn't the first game this year that Price has looked bad. It was just the game he has looked the worst.

I wouldn't mixed up the lines too much. Going into the playoffs I would worry about our goal tending situation. On a team that is 4th overall in the league Price has stats that "Red Light" Racicot would be ashamed to lay claim to. That tells me the team up front is playing well and we better get our goaltender straightened out if we want to make any noise in the playoffs.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:36 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
You are clearly lacking a physical element on your team. Ryder has a nice shot and is opportunistic but he's not a difference maker. He was invisible in this game.

The difference is that the leafs don't rely on offense from Kessel and JVR to win games but without Price being incredible the Habs are totally lost.

Kadri could have scored in this game if he was even slightly interested in the puck. Instead he wanted to deliver a message.
last time Ryder was in the P.O. his team, who was facing us in the 1st round, was trailing the said serie 0-2, Ryder brought them back in the 3rd game with his 3 pts (2G - 1A I think)... and in the SC finals, in the third game where his team was (again) trailing 0-2, he went with another 3 pts game to bring his team back in the serie...

I'd suggest you look at Reimer and Price stats before saying we rely on him to win games.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:41 AM
RushDP

Quote:
You are clearly lacking a physical element on your team. Ryder has a nice shot and is opportunistic but he's not a difference maker. He was invisible in this game.

The difference is that the leafs don't rely on offense from Kessel and JVR to win games but without Price being incredible the Habs are totally lost.

Kadri could have scored in this game if he was even slightly interested in the puck. Instead he wanted to deliver a message.
LOL!! Price hasn't been incredible and the Habs are far from lost!

Only a Leaf fan would watch a game and not see anything. The better team lost.

The only message Kadri sent was that he'd better watch himself. Somebody is going to take a run at him like he did last night. Payback is a ***** sometimes.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:46 AM
TennisMenace

Question I would like answered: why did Prust go after McLaren last night? On the road against a much bigger fighter. I don't get it. Did he think that would fire Carey up to play better?

Old
04-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad420 View Post
I understand your probably already in a bad mood but you don't get so defensive when all I have done is point out the truth.

All you have to do is read this thread and you will see the lopsided hatred towards the leafs which is fine given the circumstances you don't need to go making up excuses for some rivalry that is non existent.

You seem be very insecure right now so I'm not trying to push you or anything just pointing the truth out.
Not sure why you keep repeating the same thing after you've been proved wrong - three times. I'll share a strategy with you: Typing the words, "The sky is green", does not make it so, no matter how many times you repeat it.

I've answered you politely thus far because you're obviously a young guy looking for validation for your team. But I expect you to make an actual point, rather than be a character in Monty Python's Argument Clinic (ask your parents).

Old
04-14-2013, 06:54 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
LOL!! Price hasn't been incredible and the Habs are far from lost!

Only a Leaf fan would watch a game and not see anything. The better team lost.

The only message Kadri sent was that he'd better watch himself. Somebody is going to take a run at him like he did last night. Payback is a ***** sometimes.
I dont mind him becoming a grinder and not scoring goals, heps he keeps playing the same way if we ever meet in the PO

Old
04-14-2013, 06:55 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Criticizing Price makes one a hater but making up stuff about him to cover up his mediocre play this year apparently doesn't make one a mindless fanboy.

THIS YEAR Price has had a mediocre year. Go look at the effing stats. Have a little peek-a-boo at where he stands in relation to other goalies in the NHL. Trust me those stats don't point to an elite goalie.

Most games this year he has played so-so with a few stinkers thrown in and a few games he played exceptionally yet still managed to lose concentration for a lousy goal here and there.

Some of you guys wanna blame Gionta or Bouillon or DD or Moen but the team in front of him played well. Price let in 3 effing goals on 4 shots! An argument can be made that the first goal was a difficult shot. If Price is playing like an elite goaltender he should have stopped it but I'll give it to you. So he let in 2 bananas on 3 shots.

Within the first 10 minutes he's pulled out of the game. Yeah it happens to alot of elite goaltenders but that wasn't the first game this year that Price has looked bad. It was just the game he has looked the worst.

I wouldn't mixed up the lines too much. Going into the playoffs I would worry about our goal tending situation. On a team that is 4th overall in the league Price has stats that "Red Light" Racicot would be ashamed to lay claim to. That tells me the team up front is playing well and we better get our goaltender straightened out if we want to make any noise in the playoffs.
Good post. CP is not an elite goalie and he will disappoint. He is no Roy or Dryden. He is average, which is not good enough to carry our smurfs in the playoffs

Old
04-14-2013, 06:57 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Good post. CP is not an elite goalie and he will disappoint. He is no Roy or Dryden. He is average, which is not good enough to carry our smurfs in the playoffs
pretty much any goalie would disappoint if they had to meet the Roy standard or something...

Old
04-14-2013, 07:00 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
pretty much any goalie would disappoint if they had to meet the Roy standard or something...
I think there is a perception that when you are as big as CP and drafted 5th you should be ELITE. He isn't, thus the frustration. He is good but not great.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:16 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Come on guys... it's a tale of two seasons for Price. Starting out of the gate he was having a season worthy of Vezina nomination. After the Islanders game, he has been, for the most part, average to good most nights.

The hope is after this abyssmal performance.. he gets back into hardcore practice habits and delivers the beginning season goods going into the play-offs.

Old
04-14-2013, 07:59 AM
onice

Quote:
Well if we're not going to hold him to Roy standards then let's stop calling him an elite goalie.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:01 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Come on guys... it's a tale of two seasons for Price. Starting out of the gate he was having a season worthy of Vezina nomination. After the Islanders game, he has been, for the most part, average to good most nights.

The hope is after this abyssmal performance.. he gets back into hardcore practice habits and delivers the beginning season goods going into the play-offs.
No he wasn't! He started out having a very good year but not Vezina worthy.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:07 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Thanks price
CP did shat the bed, no doubt, hard to recover from 3 goals on 4 shots...move along folks, move along...

Should motivate Price going forward...not sure where his head was last night...

Old
04-14-2013, 08:08 AM
onice

Quote:
Lots of goalies meet the Roy standard in one year. The thing about Roy & Dryden & Brodeur is that they did it year in and year out whereas most goalies at best do it for one or two years. Cases in point Halak, Elliot, Smith, Raycroft.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:27 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
I don't usually boame the goaltending, but the second and third goals were saveable...

Old
04-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Great comment, I don't have the patience to deal with these guys.
Some Leafs fans dropped in to share some good vibes. Their team won the game. They felt good. They were gracious. Class acts.

I just feel bad for those other guys. Like I said to that kid - I'm genuinely curious what compels him to come here, knowing he's going to end up looking like a fool.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
This guy is acting like he has seen another habs game other than the three versus the leafs, Get a clue dude.
Kadri will get his due from someone and it may not be a Hab. He wants to act like a tough guy and some crazy eyes dude will take him out. Good player but he should not be looking for hits and going after other players heads. not cared of the Leafs. They win one ame and think thy are going to the Cup. We just need to be on our forecheck against them as their D is not good. Let them live off two lopsided wins...look what that did for Edm this year after they pounded the Flames twice.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Obviously you didn't read my other post. The habs have more points because they beat the weak teams like Carolina.

Playoff history is repleat with regular season champions that fail in the playoffs.

You dominate Boston because Chara struggles against small agile forwards. They are your best playoff matchup.

No poking here. I'm observing the weaknesses in your team which should have been addressed by your management months ago.

We've actually struggled against the weaker teams. Islanders and Buffalo even the Flyers. We've had far better games versus better opponents.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:40 AM
EveryDay

White over Moen please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-14-2013, 08:46 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
No one has answered my question. Where's the team toughness on the habs?

Haven't seen it in any games.
Who cares about toughness, sure I would like to have more players with a good mix of skill and toughness but you can win games without having those tough guys. Just look at the Red Wings, hockey is such an unpredictable sport and to say that we can't win in the playoffs because of the lack of toughness is just clueless.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:47 AM
The Nightman

vCash: 50
Quote:

I don't get your logic at all, we are worse than the leafs because we only beat weaker teams(Which isn't true) and apparently have no team toughness yet we are 2nd and you guys are 5th? Stop embarrassing yourself.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Darch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn3rgetic View Post
My dream would be to win the division and let you guys play Boston, while we can put on another thumping on the Sens.
Nah, been too long since there was a Habs-Leafs series. It would be so much fun! Let Boston take 1st in NE! People always say that Montreal now has a rivalry with Boston, and not the Leafs. Watch that change in a giffy if they meet in the playoffs!

The 2 biggest fan bases going at it...priceless! (and I'm not talking about Budaj playing )

Old
04-14-2013, 08:49 AM
qc

vCash: 2000
Quote:

How many games have you watched bro? I cant believe I'm a Bruins fans defending the Habs toughness, but I've seen quite a few Hab games and they aren't at a disadvantage in that category.

The Habs are not the biggest or strongest, but they have enough of both to compliment their speed and puck control. If they fail to go deep into the post-season, toughness is not going to be the main reason. Granted, if they win the cup, it also won't be the main reason.

Old
04-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Darch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
I don't get your logic at all, we are worse than the leafs because we only beat weaker teams(Which isn't true) and apparently have no team toughness yet we are 2nd and you guys are 5th? Stop embarrassing yourself.
There's only 3 wins separating both teams. Habs aren't that far ahead. Difference being the Leafs had a bad sequence, the Habs haven't. Wouldn't it be nice if both teams battled out home ice in the final game of the season?

Old
04-14-2013, 08:55 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

The Habs have matched up poorly with the Leafs for years, even when the Leafs were bottom dwellers and the Habs were a playoff team. Since the last lockout the Leafs are one of the teams with a winning record against us.

I attribute it mostly to the fact the Leafs always up the ante against us while the Habs usually keep that extra notch for the Bruins. That needs to change if we are going to have success against the Leafs. Gallagher needs to punch Kadri square in the nose too.

Closed Thread