Notices

Claude Julien

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 09:16 AM
du5566*

vCash: 500
Claude Julien

Enough is enough. I am sick and tired of hearing about Claude’s system and how it’s conducive to winning hockey. The reality is Claude’s “system” didn’t earn the Bruins a Stanley Cup; it was the play of Tim Thomas. I have had enough of Seguin getting third line minutes, Jagr playing with Campbell, and Hamilton being a healthy scratch for players like Ference and Bartkowski. In my opinion when the Bruins play well and win it’s in spite of Claude’s “system” not because the players are buying into it and following through on their “defensive responsibilities.” Tim Thomas is gone, the only way this team wins anything this year (or in the near future) is if Rask or Khudobin start playing lights out a la TT circa 2010. Otherwise; with Claude at the helm, this team is destined for a first or second round playoff bump. The question at this point is how much longer does Cam and Peter allow this farce to continue???

Old
04-14-2013, 09:20 AM
ODAAT

Here we go, back to exile I go, would ya rather Sullivan/Ftorek/Lewis/Kasper???? Careful what ya wish for, not one perfect coach out there, oh, how about Torts??? He gets loads of props here, or Laviolette?? Disgusting, I`m back to being done here

Claude`s system isn`t what`s hurting this team, it`s lackluster effort, and a change in coach may inspire that effort to improve....but briefly, NO BLOODY THANKS

Old
04-14-2013, 09:25 AM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Here we go, back to exile I go, would ya rather Sullivan/Ftorek/Lewis/Kasper???? Careful what ya wish for, not one perfect coach out there, oh, how about Torts??? He gets loads of props here, or Laviolette?? Disgusting, I`m back to being done here

Haha, so if the Bruins get bumped in the first round of the Playoffs this year how much longer do you give Claude before people start to admit he is part of the problem?

To be fair I have never been a Julien fan but really guys this is getting ridiculous.

By the way, does anyone think the "lackluster effort" is because the players simply are not buying into Claude's "system" anymore and are now tuning him out? It's his job to motivate the players and get them to buy into his "system" and when they stop you replace the coach.

Last edited by du5566*: 04-14-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old
04-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
The reality is Claude’s “system” didn’t earn the Bruins a Stanley Cup; it was the play of Tim Thomas.....Tim Thomas is gone, the only way this team wins anything this year (or in the near future) is if Rask or Khudobin start playing lights out a la TT circa 2010. Otherwise; with Claude at the helm, this team is destined for a first or second round playoff bump.
I couldn't disagree more. While Thomas played amazingly in that playoff run, the offense actually sealed the deal more than most realize/care to admit. Here's a look at our post season scoring during that run:

15 goals in 4 wins vs Montreal
20 goals in 4 wins vs Philly
12 goals in 4 wins vs Tampa Bay
21 goals in 4 wins vs Vancouver

That averages out to over 4 goals per game in their playoff wins that year using Claude's system. We do the same this year, with the same exact system, we don't need any ridiculous goaltending at all.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Enough is enough. I have had it, with these mother loving snakes, on this mother loving plane.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:31 AM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
I couldn't disagree more. While Thomas played amazingly in that playoff run, the offense actually sealed the deal more than most realize/care to admit. Here's a look at our post season scoring during that run:

That averages out to over 4 goals per game in their playoff wins that year using Claude's system. We do the same this year, with the same exact system, we don't need any ridiculous goaltending at all.
The Bruins won the cup because of TT's play. Did the offense get hot at the right time? Yup. Would I count on that happening again? No.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:32 AM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Right on time. You can set your watch to this ****, seriously.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

Old
04-14-2013, 09:33 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

So, I processed the rant. What's the recommendation?

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Old
jmanny24

I admit I am no fan of Clode but I have come around on him a little it is not his "system" that is frustrating to me it almost always is his lines and at times seemingly not putting his players in the best position to succeed with his line combos. But for maybe the first time since he has been here, when healthy the team can roll 3 scoring lines and one of the best 4th lines in hockey (heck a 5th line would be a decent 4th line on most other teams). Let's see how he utilizes a healthy team and new assets. IMO not only do the players have to adjust to the coach's style of play but the coach must also adjust based on the roster he has, let's see if Clode will.

Old
Tuukka Time

Guaranteed this thread doesn't exist if Bergeron and Marchand were healthy this past week. The last two games are likely wins instead of losses and we're all loving life in first place, up by 3 pts on the Canadiens and facing a bunch of very winnable home games in the immediate future.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
The Bruins won the cup because of TT's play.
Not entirely. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:35 AM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I believe that would be "Fire Claude, he is teh sux. We only have had any success because my significant other Tim Thomas lead us to victory like William Wallace."

At least that what I think he's saying.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:36 AM
mashmont

Sorry, but who exactly is a better Available Coach than Claude?

If people want to fire him fine. But you better get ready for a significant drop in coaching because jo schmo will not be able to do the job.

Claude is a frustrating Coach sometimes sure, but he gets the job done.. He is doing an excellent job with Hamilton.. He didn't scratch him for any player.. he stated it was for rest.

Claude is the best available coach at the moment.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
This would of been better starting off

"Dear diary,"

Old
04-14-2013, 09:38 AM
C77

There is no way this roster should be performing this badly heading into the playoffs.

People need to stop making excuses about injuries because Boston hasn't had that many of them. It gets so ridiculous around here that people will say "oh they're missing McQuaid". If the team can't perform without its #6 defenseman, then it is in a lot of trouble.

Does Pittsburgh throw in the towel every time that Crosby, Malkin, and Letang get hurt?

Pretty much the whole team is in a malaise. How many games were there this year when Bergeron was the only forward that stood out as a good player and looked like he gave a damn?

Old
04-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
People need to stop making excuses about injuries because Boston hasn't had that many of them.
I would disagree with that. What do we have, 4 guys that have played every game? How many teams are ahead of us in the standings with worse injury situations. One? Two?

Old
04-14-2013, 09:43 AM
MarchandNoseBest

Quote:

Don't let reality get in the way of perception. That Bruins team overall was extremely underrated. Such ridiculous stuff gets spewed about how Thomas single handedly carried that team as if the Bruins offense was inept and they were winning games 1-0 and 2-1 every night.

No one was talking about how Thomas had flat out carried us to the Stanley Cup Finals, but then he has an unreal series and people act like that team had no right winning a Cup outside of Thomas when it's just flat out not true. Yes, Thomas was absolutely ridiculous against Vancouver, but we blew them out in every game that we won. Even if he had been "merely" very good like the 1st 3 series, we still win the Cup. All Thomas' sensational play did was turned losses into 1 goal losses and fairly easy, clear wins into flat out laughers.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:43 AM
du5566*

Quote:
To start put your top 6 forwards on the top two lines and play them top minutes like every other team. This means double shifting Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Jagr, and either Lucic or Horton (depending on which one decides to show up) from time to time. Put your best players on the PP and leave them there. STOP worrying about line combinations coming out of the PP!

Last edited by du5566*: 04-14-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old
04-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahSeguin View Post
Sorry, but who exactly is a better Available Coach than Claude?

If people want to fire him fine. But you better get ready for a significant drop in coaching because jo schmo will not be able to do the job.

Claude is a frustrating Coach sometimes sure, but he gets the job done.. He is doing an excellent job with Hamilton.. He didn't scratch him for any player.. he stated it was for rest.

Claude is the best available coach at the moment.
Guy Boucher, of course! He's a genius!

Ah, the "fire Clode!" rant. How I've missed you. Not really.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:45 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

You are so incorrect it's not even worth arguing over

Old
04-14-2013, 09:46 AM
C77

Quote:
I would disagree with that. What do we have, 4 guys that have played every game? How many teams are ahead of us in the standings with worse injury situations. One? Two?
It's not about injuries unless a few guys being out at various times turns Lucic into a player that scores 6 goals in 40 games, and Peverley into a guy that can only score 5 goals in 40 games.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Shaun

#Milbury4Coach2013

No I'm not serious

Old
04-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
It's not about injuries unless a few guys being out at various times turns Lucic into a player that scores 6 goals in 40 games, and Peverley into a guy that can only score 5 goals in 40 games.
I disagree. Injuries can make ALL the difference especially in a sport like hockey where the margiin between winning and losing is razor thin. A healthy Bergeron in last year's playoffs means we don't go home in round one and the sky is the limit. A healthy Bergeron and Marchand this past week and we're back in first place if not by one point, then most likely by three.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:52 AM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandNoseBest View Post
Don't let reality get in the way of perception. That Bruins team overall was extremely underrated. Such ridiculous stuff gets spewed about how Thomas single handedly carried that team as if the Bruins offense was inept and they were winning games 1-0 and 2-1 every night.

No one was talking about how Thomas had flat out carried us to the Stanley Cup Finals, but then he has an unreal series and people act like that team had no right winning a Cup outside of Thomas when it's just flat out not true. Yes, Thomas was absolutely ridiculous against Vancouver, but we blew them out in every game that we won. Even if he had been "merely" very good like the 1st 3 series, we still win the Cup. All Thomas' sensational play did was turned losses into 1 goal losses and fairly easy, clear wins into flat out laughers.
Again, the fact that the team played lights out from an offensive standpoint was an apparition and should not be counted on to ever happen again from a Claude Julien team. I will concede to the fact that the Cup wasn’t simply won by Tim Thomas in 2010 but people need to realize that expecting that 2010 run to happen again given Claude’s “system” is like banking your retirement on hitting the lottery.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:53 AM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
You are so incorrect it's not even worth arguing over
Haha, indeed. Enjoy another first round bump. Go Bruins!

Closed Thread