HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Old
04-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Krishna

vCash: 500

Started playing goalie this week.

First shutout even if it was only 19:28 long

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:40 AM
shinchanyo

You all need to hop off EA. They are the best game company in america and I'd love for someone to show me anything ANYTHING to dispute the fact the undeniable FACT that EA produces nothing but pure gold! As a bonus if some1 could find an article that disputes their status as a staple of American industry I'd give you an attaboy but you can't prove that because it doesn't exi- http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...america-again/ Oh....

Quote:
And to say that they’re winning a poll like this because of upset Madden fans or homophobia is ridiculous, and Consumerist’s response backed that up.

EA needs solutions, not excuses. They are not the worst company in America, nor are the evil, but their brand has been so tarnished by so many of these seemingly anti-consumer policies that they’re stuck in running joke status among fans and the press alike.
I don't even think this article mentions buggy games, 60$ roster updates, or the ME3 debacle

It is ridiculous for EA to win over BOA which legitamately can destroy lives and tank entire economies due to greed, corruption, negligence, incompetence and just general apathy. Lack of perspective there but EA is absolutely terrible and I'm glad they're getting embarassed. Now it's time for people to put their money where there mouth is especially when it comes to roster update sports games and start buying used only. SimCity's garbage always on policy was well known beforehand and dumb gamers supported this policy by buying off the shelves by the millions. Hard for me to blame EA when its customers are so stupid.

Last edited by shinchanyo: 04-10-2013 at 07:52 AM.
shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:38 PM
KieranA91

Looking to join an EASHL club on XBOX 360. I'll play anywhere really not fussed but I concentrate most on LW/C. I'm in the UK so any European team would be great, however an Eastern US team would also be fine by the time I've finished work and my own hockey its pretty late as it is so would still be on like 8/9pm ET. Gamertag is Kieran IOW

KieranA91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:35 PM
JJTT

why the **** is it so hard for ea to get the online rosters somewhat right? Why they just can't hire a one guy who updates rosters twice a week according what they are on http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/ .

Be a gm is also unplayable without massive editing and player creating, still after that draft picks are wrong.

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:51 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
why the **** is it so hard for ea to get the online rosters somewhat right? Why they just can't hire a one guy who updates rosters twice a week according what they are on http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/ .

Be a gm is also unplayable without massive editing and player creating, still after that draft picks are wrong.
I don't know why they don't put out PC roster editor software every year; and add a teambuilder function to it and charge for it. Maybe $10 or $15. I would buy it.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:44 PM
GreatSnacks

In Be a GM, does setting the strategy matter while only doing simulations? Is it worth spending time managing my line strategies every time I make a line change?

GreatSnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post

Started playing goalie this week.

First shutout even if it was only 19:28 long
Dosent Count unless you play a full game. My Goalie this Month for EASHL has a 2.19 Gaa, .880SV%, 6 So Periods and 2 Shutouts,10 Wins and 1 OT Loss in 11 Games so ive been dominating.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:15 PM
umwoz

Very interesting video that kind of pulls this game apart.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 04:54 PM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

If I want to create a player for a gm (Filip Forsberg, Jacob Trouba, etc) do you know any sites where I could find suggested attributes ratings and potentials?

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:15 PM
JaredCowenFan
Erik Karlsson Fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agqe11Pqko0

LOL.

& http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...chise-lookback

JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:01 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Anybody experiencing frequent freezing issues as games end or is it just on my end?

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:21 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
So why the **** can i play one season of BAGM (12-13 season) with 5 min overtime and then shootout, yet in the next season and beyond it'll just be continuous OT?

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:39 PM
TrickRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Anybody experiencing frequent freezing issues as games end or is it just on my end?
I've gotten that a few times in Be A Pro.

TrickRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:46 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post

Seems more like another guy cherry picking examples from multiple games to prove a point which was already in his head prior to developing the video.

Crappy game mechanics doesn't equate to ice tilt.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 06:27 PM
ki11joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post

The "loose puck" from a poke check or hit going right to an opponent's stick is incredibly frustrating because of how often it happens. I've gotten so tired of knocking a puck away from a player, only for it to go straight to his teammate.

Also, I forgot to make a video of it, but I had a player go down and block a slap shot from the point during an online game, only to have the shooter fire the puck *through* my player's body. His stick blade and puck went right through my guy, as if he wasn't even there. And the worst part was he scored on that play, which shouldn't have even happened. Just general **** like that really turns me off this game. Granted, it wasn't as bad as the goal where Jagr scored while shooting backwards, but it's still BS.

ki11joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 10:53 PM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
i get frequent freezing, but all throughout the game, such that online is more or less unplayable

leova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:35 AM
WhatsaMaatta

I just played NHL 13 for the first time today. . . Is it just me, or is the gameplay awful? Pucks are glued to players' sticks, awful shots are let in by goalies after miraculous deflections a couple times per game, controls can be non-responsive. Shot blocking and pass blocking barely even work anymore, nor does the poke check. Is there any good way to play defense in this year's edition?

WhatsaMaatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Orange Thunder

I'm honestly done with this game.

I tried playing a game, and the ****ing handicap/ice tilt **** was so obvious.

I scored first, on a penalty shot. They then score because they had a perfect double poke go into my zone. My defenceman passes it and it hits an imaginary wall. They then get the puck, somehow evade a diving player that WENT THROUGH HIS LEGS, and my goalie so happens to leave his 5 hole open.

I score next, on a crappy backhand that so happened to squeak through.

They're next goal, was bad. For some reason, 5 straight passes of mine were perfectly on their tape. They then shoot a harmless shot. My goalie is way off to the side to let it in.

EA, I will not be buying NHL 14. You really are the worst company. ****.

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Krishna

I don't think there's ice tilt in the game.

Everyne who isn't really great at the game seems to get frustrated when they have a bad streak and equate that to ice tilt. Also, the engine is outdated, so that's another reason for the supposed ice tilt

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:08 AM
SatanwasaSlovak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I don't think there's ice tilt in the game.

Everyne who isn't really great at the game seems to get frustrated when they have a bad streak and equate that to ice tilt. Also, the engine is outdated, so that's another reason for the supposed ice tilt
I like it when i get harder competition. That's why i enjoy the playoffs as the opponents always seems to be a little bit better than during the season.

Big losses is bound to happen even if you are really good at playing the game. I play on highest difficulty and probably win 9 out of 10 games against the opponents but sometimes you just go into a slump where nothing is working for you.

SatanwasaSlovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Orange Thunder

I like a good game, but stuff like imaginary walls is ****ing dumb.

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Deku Scrub
bruv

vCash: 175
NHL 13 in a nutshell. (not my video)

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

This game, is so bad.

I used to be the guy who said "if you don't like it don't play it"

EASHL is probably the best mode, and even then it's junk. I don't understand how a 5'11 guy can send my 6'4 forward flying, but when my 85+ aggressiveness, checking and strength forward checks, he can't hit anyone, but instead ends up on the ice after I go for a hit and make contact.

Spam RB=Defence. That's all it is, no skill involved.

Faceoffs are a joke. Looping ruins it, the Rock Paper Scissors mechanic blows.

AI is retarded beyond belief, but thats how it always is.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Deku Scrub
bruv

vCash: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
This game, is so bad.

EASHL is probably the best mode, and even then it's junk. I don't understand how a 5'11 guy can send my 6'4 forward flying, but when my 85+ aggressiveness, checking and strength forward checks, he can't hit anyone, but instead ends up on the ice after I go for a hit and make contact.

I agree with all of this besides the faceoffs. I'm somewhere around 80% or so at faceoffs in online VS, since I found a faceoffs method that seems to always work as long as I time it right.. It probably only works so often though, because my opponents don't know how to do it.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
This game, is so bad.

Finally someone else has these same problems as me!

Not to mention when me and my 2 buddies playing EASHL are working the puck down low in the zone cycling and getting a bunch of scoring chances, and the other team gets one rush up the ice and scores on a ******* wrist shot. Happens too much.

Flow is offline   Reply With Quote