HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Sciences
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Sciences A place to discuss natural, applied & social sciences, along with any other academically-oriented topics of interest to membership.

Was Freud right?

Old
04-14-2013, 10:21 AM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippasus View Post
I misread post #7 when I quoted it. I thought you were using your knowledge from one course to debunk psych as a science. Whoops. Anyways, surveys and studies are going to have some tainted results, but the researchers account for things like that and take all results with a grain of salt.

It's a tough nut to crack either way. Will to power? Will to goodness? Those seem better than just sex or survival but still a bit shaky.
Oh god no. I've participated in at least 15 studies. I completely checked out on that front. I was trying to find the fastest ways to leave the study. When the researchers would explain afterwards about the purpose and techniques, followed by a moment to hear any questions I might have, I didn't even bother throwing holes in their study.

In the beginning I'd flat out tell them that their data is flawed and I randomly chose multiple choice answers, or I rewrote an old essay, or I went into it trying to behave as crazy as possible. But after a while I stopped even reading or following instructions if it allowed me to leave early.

Even the courses under the faculty of science were dumb. The courses were interesting reading, but mostly helped me grasp the difference between hard and soft sciences.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote