Claude Julien

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 09:56 AM
maahchand10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
The Bruins won the cup because of TT's play. Did the offense get hot at the right time? Yup. Would I count on that happening again? No.
I'm also sick of hearing what Claude did in the past. That was two *** years ago and yes if it were not for Tho, as that never even happens. Also it took 3 game 7s to acomplish, not going to happen again! I can't believe how many people use the fatigue excuse or it's the players fault lol. Usually when the whole team is not playing to their potential it's on the coach or at least I thought...don't worry chia will have a good excuse when they're 1and done "marchand and Bergeron were not fully healthy" or fatigue from all those games in march. I admit Lucic and Horton just plain suck and that's on them. But why the he'll did he keep trotting them out there shift after shift when all 3 other lines have been moved from one dumb line after another. Maybe Horton and lucic just tell Claude no thanks we like playing together. Claude says fine I'll just drop Seguin and marchand.

Old
C77

Every team in the league knows how to beat the Bruins now.

You think they would be making some adjustments right?

Instead it's the same crap in every game. They pass D to D until they turn it over or they pass to the winger on the wall who turns the puck over. The defense has no confidence. Boychuk, Ference, Seidenberg, and McQuaid cannot handle the puck right now.

Why not have the center come down low to take the puck from the defensemen? Why not pass the puck up the middle of the ice if the other teams are taking away the walls?

Old
Tuukka Time

Quote:
people need to realize that expecting that 2010 run to happen again given Claude’s “system” is like banking your retirement on hitting the lottery.
I don't think anyone is "expecting" it to just happen. But we're hoping for it to, and it has proven it CAN happen. And, in theory, we have better potential on offense now than we did then with the added experience and key guys in their prime, etc., so it's not ridiculous.

What's the point in even being a rabid fan, watching the team religiously and spending so much time on Bruins boards, if you don't believe your team can win it all?

Old
04-14-2013, 09:59 AM
doubleminor138
Look into my eyes

Quote:
To start put your top 6 forwards on the top six lines and play them top minutes like every other team. This means double shifting Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Jagr, and either Lucic or Horton (depending on which one decides to show up) from time to time. Put your best players on the PP and leave them there. STOP worrying about line combinations coming out of the PP!
But we all know Julien isn't going to do that. So we need a new coach? Whom?

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Old
04-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahchand10 View Post
I'm also sick of hearing what Claude did in the past. That was two *** years ago
You're right. It was 2 years ago, yet you're talking like it was 20. I don't get it. There's only been 1 other winner since then. And we're right in the thick of the race again this year. It's not like we're some bottom feeder. We have a better than average shot at a #2 seed right now, with some key guys coming back, yet you talk like the world is over. Again, I don't get it.

There's not much more we could expect at this point, is there? Is Claude a failure if we don't get the #1 seed EVERY year? Geez.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:03 AM
du5566*

I guess people have to ways of looking at this issue. On the one hand some people believe that Claude is the best coach for this team, the players hold the lion’s share of responsibility for their lack of effort and production, and Seguin’s slow development and lack of ice time is on him and not the coach or the system. On the other hand some people; myself included, think that Claude is a big part of the problem, the players have tuned him out and the lack of effort is in large part due to the shackles his system places on them as hockey players, and that Seguin’s slow development is a result of Claude’s system and a lack of ice time.

Either way the team is playing awful hockey right now. Watching a Claude Julien coached team can be extremely frustrating but regardless of my personal feeling I hope they can turn it around. But as someone who doesn’t believe in Claude as a coach or his “system” I keep my expectations cautiously low.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:08 AM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
But we all know Julien isn't going to do that. So we need a new coach? Whom?
I really don't have an answer for that and I apologize. I am aware that complaining without offering a rational well thought out solution is actually nothing more than whining. But as I said in my opening post I have reached my “point of no return” with Claude and wanted to vent. It’s not this past stretch of games either as my frustration with Claude goes back years.

I will say that I do not think it would be hard to find a coach that would have no problem giving his top 6 top 6 minutes. Would you agree?

Old
04-14-2013, 10:09 AM
ronwm

To be fair, thought, the call to fire Claude does have a long and illustrious history.

Last edited by ronwm: 04-14-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added link to threads search.
Old
04-14-2013, 10:16 AM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
You're right. It was 2 years ago, yet you're talking like it was 20. I don't get it. There's only been 1 other winner since then. And we're right in the thick of the race again this year. It's not like we're some bottom feeder. We have a better than average shot at a #2 seed right now, with some key guys coming back, yet you talk like the world is over. Again, I don't get it.

There's not much more we could expect at this point, is there? Is Claude a failure if we don't get the #1 seed EVERY year? Geez.
I think at this point you either need to accept the fact that Seguin is not the player we thought he was when the Bruins drafted him 2nd overall or that Claude is holding him back. I look at this team and I see enough talent to go deep in the playoffs every year. But when I watch them play I am disgusted. In my mind something has to change. So it's either a roster overhaul or a new coach. I will go with a new coach. I can appreciate your commitment and dedication to the team but I don’t want to look back in 5 or 6 years and say “wow this team was good enough to win a lot of regular season games but could never repeat the magic of the 2010 Cup run.”

Old
04-14-2013, 10:17 AM
C77

Quote:
I don't think anyone is "expecting" it to just happen. But we're hoping for it to, and it has proven it CAN happen. And, in theory, we have better potential on offense now than we did then with the added experience and key guys in their prime, etc., so it's not ridiculous.

What's the point in even being a rabid fan, watching the team religiously and spending so much time on Bruins boards, if you don't believe your team can win it all?
This roster has the potential to win it all but it's not going to happen unless the players 1-18 give a more consistent effort. Adding new players is great but it won't make a difference if each player isn't pulling his own weight.

That's what is so frustrating about this team. They have the players to do great things but they don't compete hard enough. If it's not Lucic and Horton coasting, then it's Peverley and Kelly playing poorly. And if that's not the issue, then it's the defense looking like it completely forgot how to play hockey.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:19 AM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
This roster has the potential to win it all but it's not going to happen unless the players 1-18 give a more consistent effort. Adding new players is great but it won't make a difference if each player isn't pulling his own weight.

That's what is so frustrating about this team. They have the players to do great things but they don't compete hard enough. If it's not Lucic and Horton coasting, then it's Peverley and Kelly playing poorly. And if that's not the issue, then it's the defense looking like it completely forgot how to play hockey.

And what do professional sports team do when they have this problem????

Old
04-14-2013, 10:19 AM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Old
04-14-2013, 10:22 AM
C77

Quote:

And what do professional sports team do when they have this problem????

Make a coaching change. This team has gotten worse as the season has gone on and they've only had a couple really good wins all year.

It probably should have happened after the no-show game in Philadelphia.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
But as I said in my opening post I have reached my “point of no return” with Claude and wanted to vent. It’s not this past stretch of games either
So you would've started this same exact thread if Bergy and Marchy were healthy these last two games and we won them and were in first place by 3 pts?

I doubt it.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:23 AM
earthstar1

11th in goals for - nod bad for a team built on a defence first system.

3rd in goals against.

5th in goal differential.

5th in regulation losses.

Not too shabby on the whole.

A coach works with the players he's given. We can all sit behind our keyboards and tv screens and complain, moan and contemplate solutions to all that ails a team that currently sits 5th overall, but I highly doubt that qualifies us as NHL coaches. But hey, what do I know?

Old
04-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
This team has gotten worse as the season has gone on
Again, it's coincided with two things outside the coach's control: injuries and the compressed schedule. We were dominating early in the season when we were healthy and playing 2 or 3 games a week instead of 4 or 5.

It's not a coincidence that other teams, like Pittsburgh, who were dealing with key injuries early on and whose schedules were frontloaded like ours is backloaded, struggled more then and are thriving more now.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:26 AM
du5566*

Quote:
So you would've started this same exact thread if Bergy and Marchy were healthy these last two games and we won them and were in first place by 3 pts?

I doubt it.
The Bruins have been playing BAD hockey for more than a month now. It is what it is though. As you said before we can agree to disagree.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:28 AM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthstar1 View Post
11th in goals for - nod bad for a team built on a defence first system.

3rd in goals against.

5th in goal differential.

5th in regulation losses.

Not too shabby on the whole.

A coach works with the players he's given. We can all sit behind our keyboards and tv screens and complain, moan and contemplate solutions to all that ails a team that currently sits 5th overall, but I highly doubt that qualifies us as NHL coaches. But hey, what do I know?
Stats aside, and realizing that most of it is due to the first 20 games of the season, I think we can all agree that this team isn't going deep in the playoffs the way they are playing right now. And I don't know about you but I have zero faith in Claude turning the team around.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:29 AM
du5566*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c77 View Post
make a coaching change. This team has gotten worse as the season has gone on and they've only had a couple really good wins all year.

It probably should have happened after the no-show game in philadelphia.
bingo!

Old
04-14-2013, 10:32 AM
HortonHearsAWoo
In the pipe, 5-on-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
Enough is enough. I have had it, with these mother loving snakes, on this mother loving plane.
Monkey fighting snakes on the monday-to-friday plane

Old
Regina

Geeebuzzzzz.... Relax

Here

Quote:
"We're starting to turn that corner," coach Claude Julien said. "I think it will get better. We have another two weeks here and this is where it has to happen. I sense some things coming around. We've just got to push in the areas that we have to improve and we'll be OK."

Last edited by Regina: 04-14-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old
C77

I remember Tortorella saying that every day he had to find a way to motivate Lecavalier to perform.

And yes a coach wears out his welcome after doing that for a while. But that's the nature of the business.

If the coach can't get the most out of his players, then there needs to be a change.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:33 AM
maahchand10

Quote:

Never said we were a bottom feeder, although watching as of late despite their record you could easily be fooled. People keep pointing to his record not all of the one and done runs or blowing a 3 game series lead, we won a cup all is forgiven I get it. How do we get the #1 seed so Consistently hmmm...Ottawa has sucked until this year, Toronto see Ottowa, MTL, see previous, Tor again...and same for Buffalo. I don't think the world is over. I just watch a team who has played beyond inconsistent and continue to hear it's the players.

Now if they play Toronto in the first round they should win without Bergeron or Marchand.

Honestly I'm not going to argue my dislike of him as coach anymore, because people will just say "he won a cup" " we win the division every year" etc...Everything with him is positive apparently. Having guys like Daugivans and Campbell among others out their to tie a game in the final minute(s) of game must just part of the system I don't get.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:35 AM
maahchand10

Quote:
The Bruins have been playing BAD hockey for more than a month now. It is what it is though. As you said before we can agree to disagree.
Don't worry we will flip the switch when Bergeron and Marchand come back. And I hope Bergeron is fully healthy when he comes back

Old
04-14-2013, 10:36 AM
du5566*

Quote:
I remember Tortorella saying that every day he had to find a way to motivate Lecavalier to perform.

And yes a coach wears out his welcome after doing that for a while. But that's the nature of the business.

If the coach can't get the most out of his players, then there needs to be a change.
It's really as simple as this and it's frustrating to me that so many look elsewhere for answers. If a professional sports team as talented as the Bruins is consistently underperforming you make a coaching change. If a new coach doesn't work then it's the players and you blow up the roster.

Closed Thread