Notices

4/13 BOSTON BRUINS @ Carolina Hurricanes -Part 2

Old
04-14-2013, 09:07 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
For sure however, I`m torn about home ice, I don`t see it as being as big of an advantage as others feel it is
3 real losses at home this year, 8 real losses on the road. Small sample, but it's something.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:11 AM
TCL40

One plus is that 5 of the last 7 games are home games. Bruins have benn a very good home team this season.

Also, Bergeron is coming back soon. Yeti is coming and my fingers are crossed that Marchand returns before the playoffs.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:37 AM
jagrgodr

imagine if Kreji and Jagr played together on the reg. Also notice Jagr pointing to Kreji to tell Seguin to pass it to him, gotta love that about Jagr. Even when he doesn't have the puck he is telling the players where the best place to pass is and he has been doing that all year

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:41 AM
lopey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
For me, Lucic was under the microscope more then others just because of his recent play. I'm not saying everyone else is an angel compared him, absolutely not, but Lucic in general had a few turnovers that while they didn't turn to go goals, they were 3/2 on 1's with great opportunities, it was plain to see, and it's been a theme of his that past few weeks. You're right, Peverley has been incredibly soft the past few games, he's got no strength on the puck, and we could go on from there about Hortons dissapearing act or whatever, but I'll spare the negativity and the time.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with the pink hat comment there bud, and I won't take it as a direct attack from you and more to some others, but I've been here just like you have, and have been around to know what a real struggling Bruins team is like to watch . . . Paging Dave Lewis . . .
This 1000%. Lucic has been beyond bad. Bad enough he is not scoring or hitting, but his turnovers have been horrible. He needs to sit

lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:42 AM
CDJ*

Went to the game last night...a couple thoughts:

1) Jagr is unbelievable in offensively. You can see why he is a legend. Pretty one dimensional though...he doesn't really bring it going the other way (which is fine, since everybody else he plays with does)

2) Bartkowski I thought looked good.

3) Campbell is a real treat to watch away from the puck. Does all the little things right.

4) Daugavins looked strong out there. Fast and responsible.

5) Chara was very iffy today, although he did throw a couple huge checks that shook the glass and won his fight.

6) Tuukka was fine today. Justin Peters was just playing one of the better games of his ****** career.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:49 AM
MarchandNoseBest

Quote:
For sure however, I`m torn about home ice, I don`t see it as being as big of an advantage as others feel it is
You are a wise man then. I'll take it a step further: home ice doesn't mean crap. We've lost game 7's at home to Carolina, Philly and Washington. 8th seeds like the Kings win the Cup despite having to play on the road every series, etc. It's just been proven playoff after playoff that home ice doesn't matter.

I'm much more worried about what matchup we get round 1 than what our seeding is. Please avoid the Rangers...

MarchandNoseBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:53 AM
24giovanni

Anyone want Jarg back next year the way i do?

24giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
Anyone want Jarg back next year the way i do?
He's going to cost us a pretty hefty price tag. He's not one of those guys that will sign on at a discount for a Cup run. He'd make a perfect Horton replacement, but I don't know if the cap room will be there to sign him.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:59 AM
jagrgodr

As a jagr fan, i would be happy seeing him back in Boston, and i wouldn't be surprised if he wants back too. I doubt he likes the reputation he is getting as a guy bouncing around the league, he would play for 4 teams in around a years time, that is crazy. He likes it in Boston so if they are willing to pay him i'm sure he would stay. He is getting significant ice time and pp time, the things he wants most. Let's just hope he stays healthy throughout these last games and does well, who knows what can happen in the future.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:38 AM
takanoyama

I am "JAGRLOVER" from Kladno (you can read my first post about following all his career), but I donīt want him to play 21 min./game in Boston. He is great and he still dominates on the ice, but such TOI means that the team is weak without him. I thought he joined one of the best teams in the league after leaving Dallas and I was very surprised to read about poor play especially by Horton, Lucic here. I remembered the team winning SC and I thought this was the same. I watched the game vs. OTT (3:2) and I was enthused by the first period (shots 20:17, a lot of skills, millions passes - after seeing struggle of the players from Dallas, who coulnīt give good pass). This team was the right for Jagr I said. I expected some problems in first games and TOI 15 - 17 min. but I thought Bruins would be OK. It looks, that Jagr is OK but the team is not so strong. I was very surprised.
JAGR CAME TO HELP NOT TO SAVE - it should be carved into the stone. It is not good sign, if he dominates so much. This is not JAGRTEAM, these are Boston Bruins. It would be not good sign, if win or lost would depend only on Jagrīs finishing abilities. Boston had over 50 points before he came. JAGR MUST BE PUZZLE PIECE. ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT BUT STILL PIECE. IMO Jagr gets so much space in games, because the others clear it. He is big legend but sometimes it is disadvantage. when your playmates are not able to play they best, because they play with man from their posters. (The best Jagrīs teammate was Nylander - little bit but still healthy selfish, great on puck and HE WAS ABLE TO PLAY HIS OWN WITH JAGR AND TELL JAGR OFF BAD PLAY) I hope Bergeron and Marchand will change a lot in team after coming back. The team needs it.

takanoyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:16 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin View Post
What a sad effort. Jagr looked like he was the only one interesting in scoring tonight. You get the sense this team just thinks they can turn it on when the playoffs start
Ive been saying this for a while. I think that's exactly the thought process. They think they can turn it kn at will.

Seidenberg in fact did exactly that last year. Guy is a proven money player IMO. We'll see about Horton.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:28 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
I am "JAGRLOVER" from Kladno (you can read my first post about following all his career), but I donīt want him to play 21 min./game in Boston. He is great and he still dominates on the ice, but such TOI means that the team is weak without him. I thought he joined one of the best teams in the league after leaving Dallas and I was very surprised to read about poor play especially by Horton, Lucic here. I remembered the team winning SC and I thought this was the same. I watched the game vs. OTT (3:2) and I was enthused by the first period (shots 20:17, a lot of skills, millions passes - after seeing struggle of the players from Dallas, who coulnīt give good pass). This team was the right for Jagr I said. I expected some problems in first games and TOI 15 - 17 min. but I thought Bruins would be OK. It looks, that Jagr is OK but the team is not so strong. I was very surprised.
JAGR CAME TO HELP NOT TO SAVE - it should be carved into the stone. It is not good sign, if he dominates so much. This is not JAGRTEAM, these are Boston Bruins. It would be not good sign, if win or lost would depend only on Jagrīs finishing abilities. Boston had over 50 points before he came. JAGR MUST BE PUZZLE PIECE. ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT BUT STILL PIECE. IMO Jagr gets so much space in games, because the others clear it. He is big legend but sometimes it is disadvantage. when your playmates are not able to play they best, because they play with man from their posters. (The best Jagrīs teammate was Nylander - little bit but still healthy selfish, great on puck and HE WAS ABLE TO PLAY HIS OWN WITH JAGR AND TELL JAGR OFF BAD PLAY) I hope Bergeron and Marchand will change a lot in team after coming back. The team needs it.
It's all good my man, we are about to add 3 top 6er's in the next week or two. Then Jagr won't have to be the focal point of the offense.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:50 AM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
He won battles and set up Jags several times. Forgot a/b the goal. He's also playing w/ Campbell who hasn't thought a/b offense since bantams.

Is he the only forward who turns the puck over? When the B's send the puck up the boards, you have a pinching Dman right on our wing, w/ a backchecking forward taking away the seam nearly boxing them in. Paille coughed it up all night, Peverley, everyone. Half the time their only play is back to a Dman. Who find another way to cough it up. Like aerial passes against the boards no bruin has any chance of controlling.

Worse is when they reverse it hard around the opposite boards. As our wings standing in the box at the circle have even less chance to get to that puck before a pinching Dman does. Our turnovers go above and beyond Lucic. But hey, win a cup and you get pink hats flowing in here w/ all the answers.

This has been going on for some time and since PC failed to address this by bringing in a puck moving defenseman are forwards come playoff time, if were going to have any success are going to be counted on to go back in their own end and lug the puck up the ice.

Thats Seguin, Jagr, Kelly, Marchand, and Peverly, even Bergy and Krejci guys with speed or as in Jagr's case exceptional one on one skill. Maybe this is why PC has loaded up with depth offensively as there's going to be a need for it. I'm sure PC tried to get another top 4 d-man but other teams aren't so willing to give them up and in his defense this is the next best thing as that and Tim Thomas was successfull in 2011.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:00 PM
TCL40

Well my hope is they let Horton walk so I wouldn't mind re-signing Jagr.

I still want to see Jagr with Krejci.

Seguin back with Bergeron and Horton on the 3rd. Right now the black hole is at left wing (we have a whole bunch of bottom 6 left wingers) but Soderberg and Marchand hopefully returning should help this.

Old
04-14-2013, 03:06 PM
bruinmann77

It time fire changes in the core of this team.

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:33 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
I agree. There is so much pressure on the home team to try to win the first two games, whereas the road team just has to win one of the first two games to be in good shape to win the series.
Many years ago when the B's played in the Garden, I liked when the Bruins had home ice advantage, but it doesn't seem like such an advantage nowadays.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:37 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
With winning the season series isn't it really a 6 point lead?
In case of a tie, the first tiebreaker is ROWs and the Leafs already have one more of these than the Bruins.

It's fair to say that the Leafs would probably win the tiebreaker.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Well my hope is they let Horton walk so I wouldn't mind re-signing Jagr.

I still want to see Jagr with Krejci.

Seguin back with Bergeron and Horton on the 3rd. Right now the black hole is at left wing (we have a whole bunch of bottom 6 left wingers) but Soderberg and Marchand hopefully returning should help this.
Barring off-season trades, the Bruins only have a bit more than $6.9M to sign 6 players for next year, including 2 goalies.

Rask will take quite a bite of that.

So as of now, they can't afford Jagr.

PS: Make it $11M to sign 7 players, as Savard wasn't on LTIR this year and could be next year.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
Barring off-season trades, the Bruins only have a bit more than $6.9M to sign 6 players for next year, including 2 goalies.

Rask will take quite a bite of that.

So as of now, they can't afford Jagr.

PS: Make it $11M to sign 7 players, as Savard wasn't on LTIR this year and could be next year.
Would be fun to find a team to take Pevs off our hands. He is simply way over paid.

Otherwise the discussion becomes more extreme....dealing Looch.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:03 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Would be fun to find a team to take Pevs off our hands. He is simply way over paid.

Otherwise the discussion becomes more extreme....dealing Looch.
I would deal Pevs before Looch. Looch is still young.

One reason Daugavins might be worth keeping on-he is decent bottom 6 winger who we can pay as a bottom 6 winger.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I would deal Pevs before Looch. Looch is still young.

One reason Daugavins might be worth keeping on-he is decent bottom 6 winger who we can pay as a bottom 6 winger.
Yea, I agree on that...I am sure we all would.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote