HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Best young top-6 forward available for Cory Schneider

Old
04-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Best young top-6 forward available for Cory Schneider

Not that I'm saying we should trade Schneider, but I think Vancouver should at least be listening to offers on him if Luongo is really as unmoveable as all that.

So, following in line with the Bishop-Conacher trade, I think trading him for something around a young top-6er or potential top-6er would make the most sense for us.

Some guys I would be looking at:

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

Would a deal around one of these players(or someone else?) make sense for the other team?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

vCash: 500
I won't speak for the others, but I wouldn't move Couts for him. We brought in Mason to try and rebuild him to what he was in his rookie season and Couts is too important to us.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:24 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Not that I'm saying we should trade Schneider, but I think Vancouver should at least be listening to offers on him if Luongo is really as unmoveable as all that.

So, following in line with the Bishop-Conacher trade, I think trading him for something around a young top-6er or potential top-6er would make the most sense for us.

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

Would a deal around one of these players(or someone else?) make sense for the other team?
As much as I like Henrique, after Marty's contract is up...I wouldn't be opposed to dealing something around Henrique and Schneider

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

No thanks. Isles are hoping Strome develops into Tavares rw or the offensive 2nd line center, who pushes Frans Nielsen to the 3rd line.

He's played well in his brief stint in Bridgeport(6 games). He has a good chance of sticking out of training camp.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Leafs say no to JVR, management believes Reimer is and will be our #1 for awhile, they're only interested in a vet to ease the process and help him with the game.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:26 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

As a Leaf fan, I wouldn't move JVR. He's too valuable to the top six.

04-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

Drew Stafford is available.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:49 PM
canucksPK

Honestly, I wouldn't move Schneids for any of the above guys. Elite goalies are hard to find, and I think Schneids is that.

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Leafs wouldn't move JVR.

Huge building block for us moving forward. And we have a young #1 goalie already.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:08 PM
laundryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
I won't speak for the others, but I wouldn't move Couts for him. We brought in Mason to try and rebuild him to what he was in his rookie season and Couts is too important to us.
Agreed. Moving Couturier for a goalie at this point seems to be a poor use of his value (if the Flyers even wanted to move him).

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:11 PM
blankall

Flames would not move Baertschi. Schneider is already in his prime, at 27, and the Flames are rebuilding. Teams looking to contend now would be better destinations for Schneider.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:12 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

NYI will not trade Strome and not for a goalie. 2013 1st is more reasonable. Schneider holds good value for sure but good goalies are abundant.
A more realistic deal would be BRock Nelson or even Niño but I wouldn't do it.
Top six on the team could be Grabber Okposo or Bailey

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:14 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't move Schneids for any of the above guys. Elite goalies are hard to find, and I think Schneids is that.
he's just saying if luongo isn't movable..

would you rather have ONLY schneids and buyout luongos contract and get nothin from it

or have luongo + (a henrique/kuznetsov/whatever)

the gap between luongo and schneids if there is one, is definitely less than a top-6 forward

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:16 PM
The Big D

Leafs say no to Schneider for JVR unless there's a nice + added to Schneider. 1st line power forward wingers on 35 goal pace > a startig goalie, which if you've been paying any attention to the leafs already have one of, maybe even a competent 1B in scrabbles as well. Enjoy your two headed monster killing $9.5 in cap

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Anth93

Canucks will keep him and buy out Luongo. Remember they're just as smart as the other teams that want nothing to do with him.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

Caps have two young goalies that have played well. No way the small increase in talent from Holtby to Schneider is worth Kuz. Especially since he could still develop into a better goalie than Schneider.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:28 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Luongo's sitch will never force a Schnieder move.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:53 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Luongo's sitch will never force a Schnieder move.
Won't force it, but could be the best move. The Canucks need a young top six, especially if Raymond walks. Schneider is the only asset they have that can be moved and will bring back a descent return.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:08 PM
ohnoeszz

No to trading Schneider. Under no circumstances do I trade Schneider. Luongo will prove moveable in the offseason and the Canucks don't need to bring in a young top 6(though it never hurts). Kassian and Jensen will get their chances on the top lines next year.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

I wouldn't really be interested in moving JVR + for Schneider. JVR's the perfect second-line winger for us, and is locked down until after the 2017/2018 season. Reimer has a real chance to prove he's a number one right now, and I'm fairly confident in him.

This could all change by the draft, but even if we are back in the goalie market by then, I think it makes a lot more sense to go after a guy like Bernier for much cheaper.

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:49 PM
lifeisruff

Ennis maybe, but with Vancouver's makeup, I'm not sure Ennis is what you are looking for.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

To be perfectly honest. I'd add to Schneider if some of these players (most actually) were coming back; probably a first if something smaller was added on their end (second maybe.) I love Schneider but we desperately need an impact young player and I'd be willing to pay high to get one.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
I wouldn't really be interested in moving JVR + for Schneider. JVR's the perfect second-line winger for us, and is locked down until after the 2017/2018 season. Reimer has a real chance to prove he's a number one right now, and I'm fairly confident in him.

This could all change by the draft, but even if we are back in the goalie market by then, I think it makes a lot more sense to go after a guy like Bernier for much cheaper.
I can almost guarantee you the Canucks will never trade with the Leafs for another decade at least. You can bet on it. So dont worry about Schneider.

I think your plan to develop Remier is a good one, but I caution you on Bernier. He has been given VERY sheltered minutes behind a great defensive team to showcase for trade. At age 25, he is not a goalie capable of carrying a franchise. I dont know if he will ever become more than a mediocre starter for a second tier team.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

No thank you. We will keep JVR and our version of Schneider. I mean with both of them in our line up we managed to get this close no reason to look at it now.

Last edited by Mystifo: 04-14-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Run on sentence.
Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
Ennis maybe, but with Vancouver's makeup, I'm not sure Ennis is what you are looking for.
I wouldn't mind something around Ennis, actually, although with Schroeder and potentially Roy on the team, I would rather try for something around either Armia or Grigorenko, not that that's at all likely. Ennis makes a lot more sense from a Buffalo perspective, I can tell. So while not a first choice, I do think it's a plausible fit.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote