HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bryan Bickell/Viktor Stalberg

Old
04-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

vCash: 302
Bryan Bickell/Viktor Stalberg

What type of contracts do you see these 2 getting as UFA's? Both likely have priced themselves off Hawks at this point

Stalberg so far on year = 8 goals + 13 assists with a +16
Bickell so far on year = 9 goals + 13 assists with a +11

Both on Hawks 3rd line all year

Stalberg has size/speed combo while Bickell has size/physical play combo

I think both could land Kopecky/Ward 3M type range

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 06-09-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Changed thread title
Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:53 PM
JoeThorntonsRooster
#FireDougWilson

vCash: 500
I'd probably give $9m/3yrs for either of them if we trade Boyle and Thornton.

JoeThorntonsRooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:02 PM
RawNastyHands

i'd want Bickell to MTL. i'd give 3.5M/4yrs for him.

RawNastyHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Would love Bickell. Shots and hits, unless he's one of those players who stops hitting because he thinks he's a goal scorer now.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Draft

Stalberg is a perfect fit for the Habs. 6'3, fast, can score and contribute offensively. I can see him doing very well in the Habs' current system.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Would love Bickell. Shots and hits, unless he's one of those players who stops hitting because he thinks he's a goal scorer now.
He was for a while there.

But this year he's been laying hits like his next contract depends on it. Which in some ways it kind of does.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

sucks to lose them in the offseason...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Ace88*

I really want stalberg back. trading him was really silly. Stalberg would be awesome with Grabovski, Kadri, or McClement. Huge and freakishly fast and can play anywhere in the lineup. I would love to have him back for around 2.5 mil for 3-4 years.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:34 PM
couture23

I can see Stalberg fetching $4M/yr from a desperate GM.

The highest I would personally go is $3.5 for Viktor.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:11 PM
RomersWorld*

The Hawks will at least re-sign one of these players. No way they let both of these guys walk IMO.

I'd rather keep Stalberg personally, but if Bickell is willing to take more of a discount then I'd re-sign him.

Only way we don't keep at least one is if they both are looking seriously to cash in for ridiculous amounts. We can fit Stalberg or Bickell...but not both. No reason to let both of them walk(assuming we can sign one to a fair contract).

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Mentallydull

I'd love to see Bickell on the Oilers

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
The Hawks will at least re-sign one of these players. No way they let both of these guys walk IMO.

I'd rather keep Stalberg personally, but if Bickell is willing to take more of a discount then I'd re-sign him.

Only way we don't keep at least one is if they both are looking seriously to cash in for ridiculous amounts. We can fit Stalberg or Bickell...but not both. No reason to let both of them walk(assuming we can sign one to a fair contract).
Cap is going down so investing 3M or more in a 3rd liner again just isn't viable especially with prospects coming down pipeline

My expectation is Morin and Hayes will both be fulltime Hawks next year replacing these 2

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post

Only way we don't keep at least one is if they both are looking seriously to cash in for ridiculous amounts.Noah, Ch can fit Stalberg or Bickell...but not both. No reason to let both of them walk(assuming we can sign one to a fair contract).
Nah, Chicago has depth in this department and bring in younger and cheaper talent to boot. No need to spend the money on these players.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

Hawks fans do you think Bickell is skilled enough to play on the 2nd line for the Oilers with Gagner and Yakupov? Seems like the kind of guy to target if he can actually play with our top talent.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Hawks fans do you think Bickell is skilled enough to play on the 2nd line for the Oilers with Gagner and Yakupov? Seems like the kind of guy to target if he can actually play with our top talent.
Hmm, I'm not sure how skilled he'd have to be really - create some space for the young guys, dump and chase, stand in front of the net.

If Yakupov continues to grow the way he has been, the points will come for Bickell.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Neil Hamburger
Five Bagger!

vCash: 386
If a guy like Macarthur walks this off-season the Leafs could have interest in these guys. Especially Bickell, he could really fit in well here.

I would say 2 years 6 million for either of them. If they wanted three years I'd want less than 3 million a year.

Neil Hamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:56 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Yeah he can go to the corners, play physical, and bury scoring chances so I think he could shotgun those two with how terrific yakupov should become and gagner not being too bad himself. I think that'd be a great fit as long as Bickell doesn't show the lacksaisadical effort he did in 2011-2012 once getting his new contract.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:17 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Bickell's big and has used his size - this year, a contract year - to cycle well. He's not a bruising power forward. He's got a great shot, but I'd be extremely hesitant to give him a long term deal. He's had serious consistency/effort issues for our team in the past.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Just Win The Game

I could Stalberg coming to SJ since we have his brother.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Stalberg to NJ

please

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
I really want stalberg back. trading him was really silly. Stalberg would be awesome with Grabovski, Kadri, or McClement. Huge and freakishly fast and can play anywhere in the lineup. I would love to have him back for around 2.5 mil for 3-4 years.
The Leafs got good value out of Stalberg(when you look far down the line at what the trade ultimately became). Not sure we really need him though, the Leafs may have more depth at the wings than anybody. We're going to let MacA walk because of this depth and he'll give you similar production,ice time and salary most likely. I'm not sure I could watch Stalberg night after night again. Guy may have the fastest two steps in the league but the hands are still suspect. The hands will just never catch up. One of the more frustrating players I've seen over the years.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
The Leafs got good value out of Stalberg(when you look far down the line at what the trade ultimately became). Not sure we really need him though, the Leafs may have more depth at the wings than anybody. We're going to let MacA walk because of this depth and he'll give you similar production,ice time and salary most likely. I'm not sure I could watch Stalberg night after night again. Guy may have the fastest two steps in the league but the hands are still suspect. The hands will just never catch up. One of the more frustrating players I've seen over the years.
While I agree to an extent, I do think that Stalberg has learned that his hands will never catch up to his feet. He truly has become a different player than he was his first year and a half as a Hawk.

For the most part, he's learned that forechecking and the neutral zone is where he is most effective. He's learned to chip and chase if he can't stickhandle around a defenseman (and therefore, his forecheck has been more impressive) and if he has the space, he speeds down the wing and around the net if he has no options.

In sum, his speed has become more of an asset than a deterrence, which is was in Toronto and the first year in Chicago. He has learned to pick his spots, and he has enough offensive IQ to usually create something worthwhile when he has the puck.

However, I don't think he's worth what he will cost when he hits free-agency. 2.5 is the most I'd be willing to give him... and that's if Bickell was willing to take around 1.5.

I don't see both staying and, unfortunately, Stalberg is the most likely to cash in on pay day. Ultimately, I'd be more happy with Bickell at his (likely) price tag than Stalberg at his (likely) price tag.

Sucks, but it's the sad reality of the cap world.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:11 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 704
I hope the Wings pursue Stalberg, they could really use the speed he brings to the game. I can actually see him winding up with 4 million though, will be curious to see where his bidding war ends up at. He is a very intriguing player as far as the guys set to be free agents. I don't think the Hawks have the cap space to keep these guys, plus they have the younger options in house to probably avoid it.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 05:13 AM
ShootIt
M F P G A

I would like Bickell in Florida.

Depending on what Tallon does with the mess on the blueline, would like to see BB sign here if we have the $$$ to acquire him.

3 years, 8-9 million.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:34 AM
jetkarma*

I think Stalberg is or would be a fit here in Winnipeg . We have a need and his play suits what the Jets are pursuing . Winnipeg has shown they are prone to sign European players as well , more so than drafting them at least to date .

Not sure what the lowering of the cap will do overall but Winnipeg will abe able to compete dollar wise for players they really like.

jetkarma* is offline   Reply With Quote