Claude Julien

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 11:17 AM
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal

vCash: 500
Just way to much excuse making from the coach on down

“The schedule has been as tough as it could ever be on an athlete. We’ve got to be careful of how hard we push those guys, because they are tired.”

Not a fan of those comments from julien, reminds a lot of the sox in 2011 when everyone blamed the schedule for why they sucked in the 2nd half. Take a little ownership for your poor play. Don't make it sound like you're the only team to ever have a back to back. Seems like a built in excuse for poor play, the team takes on the attitude of the coach.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:19 AM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
This is how I view Lucic in the locker room right now: (haha, I stole this from the old Dougie's going deep skit)

9:00 Shakes off the cobwebs and gets out of bed
9:01 lets out blistering fart and takes 90 second piss on his hands – farts 5 more times
9:03 drinks 3 raw eggs Rocky Balboa style and opens the fridge
9:05 take out leftovers from the Kowloon poo-poo platter for 3 he picked up last night
9:17 takes a dump
9:22 sings ship it up to Boston in the shower
9:25 shaves
9:30 takes 35 vicious cuts with his stick naked in front of the mirror – screams out loud “Lucic is hitting high glass tonight”
9:45 puts on his skinny jeans
9:50 grunts at his wife as says he’ll see her tomorrow
9:57 pulls onto Rt 1 with Drop kick murphys blaring- cuts three people off- gives the finger to all three people
10:15 pulls into the Garden – tells clubhouse parking attendant to make sure he blocks Claude in
10:16 puts the kid in a headlock and threatens the kid and his family’s life if there is one scratch on his truck
10:22 walks into clubhouse and calls Claude a homo for the the first time time today and 350th time this month – asks Claude if he misses his boyfriend Chris Kelly
10:27 takes a **** – leaves door open and yells at anyone who walks by
10:30 gives Claude a deadleg and calls him a homo
10:33 stuffs Tyler Seguin in a locker and pisses on him
10:37 goes through a 10-minute handshake with his boy Nathan Horton
10:45 takes Marchand’s headphones off and steps on them- says until he scores 40 goals, no music
10:50 Claude walks by and Lucic cuts him off and says “Is Lucic on the first line tonight?”
10:51 Claude runs and hides behind Thorton
10:55 tells Seguin that if he played all the power play minutes he would be a 50 goal scorer
11:17 writes back response to to fan’s letter: “Hey *****, I don’t wear a shield because they are for *******, like your boyfriend Seguin ”
11:30 walks out to pre game skate with a tanktop on
11:45 after no stretching, steps on to the ice and fires 30 slap shots all missing the net
11:48 calls Seguin a homo for mixing in wrist shot
11:55 Tackles Seguin and gives him wedgie – calls him a pickle smoker
12:00 Lucic’s daily order of Double Chicken Parm from Joe Tecci’s arrives
12:07 Lucic finishes Chicken Parm and pours the rest of his sauce into Seguin’s locker
12:15 Claude posts the lines – Lucic seeing that he isn’t on the first PP – calls Claude a *****. Claude runs behind Thorton

Man I thought I was bad

Old
04-14-2013, 11:22 AM
since76

it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny to see all comment here
a coach have NOTHING to do with intensity
a coach is not there to get the best of every player
the coach is not there to make in game adjustement
a coach is SURELY not there to create a chemistry in the team
A coach have NOTHING to do with the PP
A coach is not there to find the best lines
in reality,,,a coach HAVE NOHING absolutly NOTHING to do with the way a team play
i WANT a work in nhl !!!! nothing to do and no responsability )))
it is hilarious to see how lewis is view as the worst coach of all time !!!)))))
but if he has no responsability in anything like the loved clode ??? what he done wrong so ??
like clode, lewis had nothing to do with team energy, production , pp, chemistry ???
so why he was bad ??
the only difference between clode and lewis ?
one of them had Tim thomas !!!!

Old
04-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by since76 View Post
in reality,,,a coach HAVE NOHING absolutly NOTHING to do with the way a team play
it is hilarious to see how lewis is view as the worst coach of all time !!!)))))
but if he has no responsability in anything like the loved clode ??? what he done wrong so ??
like clode, lewis had nothing to do with team energy, production , pp, chemistry ???
so why he was bad ??
Lewis also had Tim Thomas. He had a 3.13 GAA and .905 SV%

Tim Thomas also scored all 24 goals in the Stanley Cup Finals. He scored in Game 7 OT vs MTL, he scored in game 5 2OT vs MTL. He made an incredible save wearing Ryder's gear while the goalie was out of position against MTL. He scored 3 goals in 2 games vs TBL. He scored in game 7 vs TBL. He led the entire league in post-season goals and points. It was all him.

This myth that Tim Thomas is the ONLY reason the Bruins won the Cup is getting old. Without Thomas, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without Krejci and his 25 points, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without Seguin and his strong games in Bergeron's absence, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without Horton and his timely goals, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without the 4th line setting the tone in the Finals starting with game 3, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without Marchand and Bergeron playing the way they did, the Bruins don't win the Cup.

Should I continue? Or have I made my point clear?

Last edited by Rubber Biscuit: 04-14-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old
04-14-2013, 11:32 AM
C77

So the Bruins have "been tired" since last January.

Man that's a long hibernation.

And what is above is true....New players come in and they work hard. Rolston last year was a good example. Jagr this year is outworking most of the team. The players that have been here a longer period of time, largely except Bergeron, go through the motions. And then when they lose they pretty much say "oh well" like Peverley after the Philadelphia game.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:37 AM
since76

thoses who say, there is no other good coach available now !
You are exactly like the woman who are beat by a drunk man again and again and stay with him thinking they can't find better one )))))
LOSER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
thoses who say, there is no other good coach available now !
You are exactly like the woman who are beat by a drunk man again and again and stay with him thinking they can't find better one )))))
LOSER !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who would you recommend to coach the Bruins?

Old
04-14-2013, 11:49 AM
C77

It's hard to watch the effort level and intensity of St. Louis today compared to what the Bruins are bringing.

It's not even close.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:51 AM
SPLBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
This is how I view Lucic in the locker room right now: (haha, I stole this from the old Dougie's going deep skit)

9:00 Shakes off the cobwebs and gets out of bed
9:01 lets out blistering fart and takes 90 second piss on his hands – farts 5 more times
9:03 drinks 3 raw eggs Rocky Balboa style and opens the fridge
9:05 take out leftovers from the Kowloon poo-poo platter for 3 he picked up last night
9:17 takes a dump
9:22 sings ship it up to Boston in the shower
9:25 shaves
9:30 takes 35 vicious cuts with his stick naked in front of the mirror – screams out loud “Lucic is scoring a goal tonight!”
9:45 puts on his skinny jeans
9:50 grunts at his wife as says he’ll see her tomorrow
9:57 pulls onto Rt 1 with Drop kick murphys blaring- cuts three people off- gives the finger to all three people
10:15 pulls into the Garden – tells clubhouse parking attendant to make sure he blocks Claude in
10:16 puts the kid in a headlock and threatens the kid and his family’s life if there is one scratch on his truck
10:22 walks into clubhouse and calls Claude a homo for the the first time time today and 350th time this month – asks Claude if he misses his boyfriend Chris Kelly
10:27 takes a **** – leaves door open and yells at anyone who walks by
10:30 gives Claude a deadleg and calls him a homo
10:33 stuffs Tyler Seguin in a locker and pisses on him
10:37 goes through a 10-minute handshake with his boy Nathan Horton
10:45 takes Marchand’s headphones off and steps on them- says until he scores 40 goals, no music
10:50 Claude walks by and Lucic cuts him off and says “Is Lucic on the first line tonight?”
10:51 Claude runs and hides behind Thorton
10:55 tells Seguin that if he played more power play minutes he would be a 50 goal scorer
11:17 writes back response to to fan’s letter: “Hey *****, I don’t wear a shield because they are for *******, like your boyfriend Seguin ”
11:30 walks out to pre game skate with a tanktop on
11:45 after no stretching, steps on to the ice and fires 30 slap shots all missing the net
11:48 calls Seguin a homo for mixing in wrist shot
11:55 Tackles Seguin and gives him wedgie – calls him a pickle smoker
12:00 Lucic’s daily order of Double Chicken Parm from Joe Tecci’s arrives
12:07 Lucic finishes Chicken Parm and pours the rest of his sauce into Seguin’s locker
12:15 Claude posts the lines – Lucic seeing that he isn’t on the first PP – calls Claude a *****. Claude runs behind Thorton
That was hilarious !!!!!

Old
04-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
so why he was bad ??
Coach don't: Skate, shoot, execute and take on-ice decisions. Let me add: Before firing Julien, i would trade/let go these players: Ference,Horton,Peverly,Boychuk. If Chiarelli plan to make MAJOR changes then Chara,Bergeron and Rask are off the table. Anything else should be look at...

Old
04-14-2013, 12:18 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

I'll say this, Julien currently has no true first line players (LKH are not nhl first line players), and his second line is 2/3's injured. He does have world class goalies and D, and a world class PK.

Imho the team is doing exactly what I'd expect of it. When Bergy and Marchy are back, I expect more, and we'll see then how good Claude is. If this team is one and done in the playoffs with the full forward group, imho Claude dropped the ball huge.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:25 PM
C77

So now Julien doesn't even have one first line player?

Seguin is one of the most talented players around. Yet when he plays poorly he gets his ice time cut. Lucic and Horton can play terrible hockey for weeks and nothing happens.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:27 PM
cat400

Let's wait for the play-offs to end before we start firing anyone.

Claude like all the coaches this year was handled a tough assignment when there was only a 1 week training camp (no NHL exhibition games) and facing a schedule where rest days were going to become more important than practice days.

The fact that many players did not play during the lockout has had a major effect on those who did not adhere to a strict training schedule. We no doubt are seeing that from a few Bruins who have not been able to catch their second wind due to the condensed schedule.

With points at a premium with the Conference only games, a coach has been basically forced to play the hand his GM has provided as there is no time to experiment in a 48 game mad dash to the finish.

I am still awaiting a Krejci - Jagr combination but I can see why Claude has stayed away sofar. When Jagr 1st arrived the KHL line , especially Horton, was finally producing again so Julien was wise to keep them in tact along with the BMS line. With Bergeron's injury & now Marchand's Claude has had the unenviable task of trying to find the right combination of lines while at the same time having no extra off days for practice.

In the heat of a game we all love that he shorten the bench and stack a couple of lines.
However given the physical duress of the March / April schedule that may work for a game at the detriment of the team's success in the play-offs.

This week with no travel ,4 games at home, Bergeron returning along with the Swedish Flash should give us a better idea of what to expect once the real season begins.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
It's hard to watch the effort level and intensity of St. Louis today compared to what the Bruins are bringing.

It's not even close.
Considering the Blues lost 4-1 to Columbus Friday and are in sixth place in the West I would hope they're bringing it.

Oops, carry on. Fire Clode, etc.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Considering the Blues lost 4-1 to Columbus Friday and are in sixth place in the West I would hope they're bringing it.

Oops, carry on. Fire Clode, etc.
Columbus has a decent team this year.

Better than the Canes that's for sure.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Columbus has a decent team this year.

Better than the Canes that's for sure.
Uh huh. And the Blues had a stretch not long ago when they lost 4 out of 5, including to Calgary and Edmonton.

The point is, one game, or even a stretch of games, doesn't = a season.

But back to the bashing. Have at it.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:50 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
Lewis also had Tim Thomas. He had a 3.13 GAA and .905 SV%

Tim Thomas also scored all 24 goals in the Stanley Cup Finals. He scored in Game 7 OT vs MTL, he scored in game 5 2OT vs MTL. He made an incredible save wearing Ryder's gear while the goalie was out of position against MTL. He scored 3 goals in 2 games vs TBL. He scored in game 7 vs TBL. He led the entire league in post-season goals and points. It was all him.

This myth that Tim Thomas is the ONLY reason the Bruins won the Cup is getting old. Without Thomas, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without Krejci and his 25 points, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without Seguin and his strong games in Bergeron's absence, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without Horton and his timely goals, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without the 4th line setting the tone in the Finals starting with game 3, the Bruins don't win the Cup. Without Marchand and Bergeron playing the way they did, the Bruins don't win the Cup.

Should I continue? Or have I made my point clear?
Vancouver wins the Cup with TT,Bruins lose with Luongo. The swapping of most other frontline players and Bruins still win.

Old
04-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
It's not about injuries unless a few guys being out at various times turns Lucic into a player that scores 6 goals in 40 games, and Peverley into a guy that can only score 5 goals in 40 games.
This.
But Bergy being out for 4 games is a great excuse, of course.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Danton Heineken
RKO Outta Nowhere!!!

I wonder how Guy Boucher would do here.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:31 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Coach don't: Skate, shoot, execute and take on-ice decisions. Let me add: Before firing Julien, i would trade/let go these players: Ference,Horton,Peverly,Boychuk. If Chiarelli plan to make MAJOR changes then Chara,Bergeron and Rask are off the table. Anything else should be look at...
I obviously am not pro Claude , but you make a good point. I feel Chia also shoulders some of the blame. After winning a cup I probably would have done the same in keeping the young core together, who wouldn't right? Maybe Claude doesn't have the right pieces and a coach does have to play with the hand he is dealt. As constituted I don't feel their first line is a true first line, the way they are playing at least. Aside from Marchand and Jagr I don't feel we have enough true finishers (after last night I learned Jagr isn't a finisher anyway lol). Maybe Seguin too, he definitely should be I just don't think he is used correctly.

I think Chiarelli has to make some moves this off-season add more speed and at least two guys who can finish because I don't see Jagr coming back and I think most agree Horton is gone.

But all of that is pointless if the philosphy is to give the whole team balanced minutes...Wait that's wrong when the Cambells and Peverlys are getting more TOI then Seguin I am guessing offensive production would go down.

Go ahead let er rip "like it's that easy to add two guys who can finish consistently " If I was a free agent goal scorer I'm not sure I would want to play in this "system" anyway.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Over the volcano

Anyone recommend Keenan yet?

I love it when people recommend Keenan.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:35 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahSeguin View Post
Sorry, but who exactly is a better Available Coach than Claude?

If people want to fire him fine. But you better get ready for a significant drop in coaching because jo schmo will not be able to do the job.
Really? I didn't know Julien was the reincarnation of Scotty Bowman. And yet, looking at his record, I don't see 9 Stanley Cups. I do see a lot of regular season success mixed with fairly middling playoff results (2 first round and 3 second round exits). And, of course, one Stanley Cup.

So, unless winning a Cup automatically vaults you into the Hall of All-Time Greats, what you have then, in my opinion, is a decent-to-good coach. He brings professionalism and structure in his resume. Players, from all accounts, respect him. He also brings with him a seeming inability to fix a power play, inexplicable personnel decisions, a mixed bag of player accountability, and lastly, an uneven playoff history.

Given all this, is it so beyond the pale that a coach with a track record in the NHL (say,off the top of my head, a Nolan or Ruff) or an up and coming AHL coach (Eakins?) couldn't achieve similar or even better results? Or are you saying the Bruins don't have top 6 personnel and Julian is personally instrumental for all their success?

I'm not suggesting he should be fired now. Helping to win a Cup has earned him the right to finish the year, but barring a strong playoff run, I think there are enough red flags to warrant a change in the off-season.

Last edited by dickiedunnwrotethis: 04-14-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: sloppiness
Old
04-14-2013, 01:36 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Just way to much excuse making from the coach on down

“The schedule has been as tough as it could ever be on an athlete. We’ve got to be careful of how hard we push those guys, because they are tired.”

Not a fan of those comments from julien, reminds a lot of the sox in 2011 when everyone blamed the schedule for why they sucked in the 2nd half. Take a little ownership for your poor play. Don't make it sound like you're the only team to ever have a back to back. Seems like a built in excuse for poor play, the team takes on the attitude of the coach.
And what did Chiarelli say after they got booted by the Caps last year in his press conference? Don't remember exactly all I know was it was something like they were tired from the year before!!

Old
04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

So with post 101 of this thread, I ask the people who want Claude Julien fired;

A. Who would you replace him with

and

B. What about that replacement's system, coaching style or tactics would lead you to believe he would find success with the current personnel system?

I've seen several people in this thread ask the OP and other Claude detractors the same thing, and, not shockingly not one single member of the "Fire Clode" group can answer those two questions.

So yeah.

Go ahead. I think we'd all like to see just who would replace a coach two years off of a Stanley Cup win.

Until then, it's all just background noise....like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:11 PM
PlayMakers

One of the best coaches in the league IMO.

He's certainly not infallible, but there are only 2 or 3 coaches I'd consider as good/better.

Closed Thread